Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households (22512 Views)

Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges / Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Curious345: 8:18am On Jun 28
Ezmans:
APC offices in Lagos was no go area yesterday

Yeah .. it's APC money
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by tnerro1(m): 8:21am On Jun 28
Why not just open the border for a certain period to allow for food imports

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by leisuretym: 8:21am On Jun 28
Nigerians think money will translate to food, this is another mistake

Spend that money on procurement of tractors

Extremely unwise leaders

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Ed12(m): 8:27am On Jun 28
Though this government is a mess but the grant is not audio,

I actually applied when I saw the link and I got credited 50k early june.

I still swear for them when I want to spend the money because the money appear useless.

Beremx:
This will not curb hunger in the land. Another audio grant that will not have any impact.
Open borders and let food come in.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Truthbites: 8:31am On Jun 28
What is #50,000?
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Truthbites: 8:32am On Jun 28
leisuretym:
Nigerians think money will translate to food, this is another mistake of

Spend that money on procurement of tractors

Extremely unwise leaders

They are stewpeed
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Groovedaddy: 8:33am On Jun 28
Tinubu has again been sold a dummy by one of his corrupt ministers. This money will be stolen can't be traced

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Taigaban: 8:34am On Jun 28
I still don't know why people in government are so foolish. Nigerians don't need these nonsense ineffective palliatives. Why not use these funds to boost food production, and in effect bring down food prices. Since January these palliatives have been on the news and remain audio. Is six months not enough for Rice, maize and cassava to be ready for harvest? These initiatives remain drain pipes for our tax payers money to be siphon.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by ogahshtu: 8:35am On Jun 28
Beremx:
This will not curb hunger in the land. Another audio grant that will not have any impact.

Nonsense

....they're afraid to Open borders due to inability to control illegal and terrorist migrants from other countries, but we have the almighty commissioners who've been said were designed for the job
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Intergrated: 8:36am On Jun 28
idealogical:
This is a very foolish, thoughtless and counterproductive move.

Dishing out money fuels inflation.
very idiotic move.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by donmik: 8:37am On Jun 28
If it doesn't get to every citizen, then it is still the usual scamming theory
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Elena247247: 8:38am On Jun 28
I think this man should work with. CBN governor and give valid proper for how this money is been sent to the citizen-
BeeBeeOoh:

https://punchng.com/tinubu-approves-n50000-grant-n155bn-food-package-for-households/
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Funkybabee(f): 8:43am On Jun 28
I need to go to Twitter to speak to his sense

The last time he spoke about yeye grants, na once they paid it, why didn't they continue that one, every day with different hope.

I guess he is fearing because of Kenya palava

Pay 12 months owed Npower money
Continue to pay national palliative (50k) money
Support the farmer with loan
Support the business woman with loan and see how things will be easier for all.

Yeye
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Diligence: 8:46am On Jun 28
"...Intelligence Gathering has it that this Moni Na for political party members, ballot snatchers, k..llers, & thugs who fit fight for their mouths & pockets?..."

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Ken4Christ: 8:49am On Jun 28
Beremx:

Nonsense

Don't mind them. The grant is an opportunity to steal. They will just transfer to a few and pocket the remaining fund.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Everlastingson: 8:51am On Jun 28
By now it should be clear to all that Tinubu is absolutely clueless. He's got nothing upstairs to offer. All his measures, like the one above, are pedestrian and rudimentary : they solve nothing. How does giving money to a few individuals ( much of the funds will be looted by the same lying FG , anyway) improve the economy? How does giving a few bags of rice to some Nigerians improve food production or availability?
Since Tinubu grabbed power he hasn't said or done anything about Fulani terrorists who are destroying farms and farmers and are the cause of the current food scarcity. They're always quick to release billions wherever the horizon is clear for stealing, like in this news here. But MW is still being "negotiated". Criminals.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Successlane: 8:51am On Jun 28
Master364:
I hope it reaches the right places

IMPOSSIBLE !!!!

Just another avenue to make some lucky guys multi-millionaire overnight.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by sucess001(m): 8:56am On Jun 28
155bilkion for food for the whole Nigeria(not like anyone will get it) and 1 trillion naira to maintain presidential jet in 3 months
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by chudez0147(m): 9:14am On Jun 28
Beremx:

Nonsense

Ode border is open since
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by CorrectionFLuid: 9:24am On Jun 28
EtinosaDLaw:
To do what with? This government is totally bereft of ideas. The only thing they know is taxation and palliative. That's the only formula tinubu knows, nothing is in that man's empty skull!

S.A; Oga, "Open the borders so food can come in"

Tinubu; NO

S.A; why sir?

Tinubu; Because I don't want Buhari to look stupid.

S.A; so Nigerians should continue suffering because of Buharis ego?

Tinubu; I'm afraid so..

Helpless Nigerians; ebin pawa o!!! 😭😭🙆🏻‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️

I don't think it's about Buhari's ego. Tinubu already made a fool of Buhari when he announced removal of subsidy and naira floating, even before stepping into his office.

Tho Buhari had the last laugh.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by ConfidentialDoc: 9:28am On Jun 28
Master364:
I hope it reaches the right places

The money has only been 'earmarked ' it has not been deployed yet. Will it ever be ?
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by sailor2011(m): 9:43am On Jun 28
How will the FG select the "100,000 households" per state ? How
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Cheeryfeet: 9:53am On Jun 28
Antoeni:
N155 billion to be wasted again for sharing of Foodstuffs across Nigeria is another way to squander and misappropriate money...

Instead, the govt can let everyone have access to the border to bring a lot of food into the country...

within 2 months food prices will be crashed nationwide.

I don't understand you people, every time open border open border, open border means import, which will also put pressure on our currency. Why don't we produce food here, we have the capacity to feed not just ourselves but neighbouring countries. What are we opening the border for? Government can invest heavily in Agriculture and livestock, the amount of money spent on buying SUVs for legislators can be used to open large scale industry and factories. Opening border is not the solution. Let's close the borders but do the internal work. It takes will, intentionality and courage
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Allisgud: 9:53am On Jun 28
Another drop for their loyalist to continue leaking their stupid yansh
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Allisgud: 9:55am On Jun 28
Another drop for their loyalist to continue leaking their stupid yansh,me I don already know say one naira no go touch my account 🤔
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by CrushObituaries: 9:58am On Jun 28
mikywonder:

Happy and foolish slave

Thanks for telling me about your mother, greet your foolish slave when you see her.

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by FireUpNow(m): 10:00am On Jun 28
Very loud audio. Na scam
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by CrushObituaries: 10:01am On Jun 28
sirray001:
but you follow de suffer all these suffer wey de happen for Nigeria. So why be say na Peter obi be your problem for all these suffer

Suffering and pain only exist in your family and your generations, no suffering here. God is good
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by CrushObituaries: 10:02am On Jun 28
okeke6969:

Ibu onye eriri eri. Anu npam😝😝😝

Ibu onye eriri eri. Anu npam for your mother, father and your children children

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by DeOTR: 10:04am On Jun 28
BeeBeeOoh:

https://punchng.com/tinubu-approves-n50000-grant-n155bn-food-package-for-households/
Things like this are prone to fraud where the targets don't ever get to receive the package.
If I were to be the President, I would never engage in any program that'll involve giving money or food items to the people, because in this country where wickedness and greed reign supreme, it's those in charge of disbursement that'll embezzle over half of it, over half of the remaining will go to those close to them. The rest...
At the end of the day, you might not know or meet a single person who can say they are beneficiaries
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by CrushObituaries: 10:05am On Jun 28
TheFinesseKid:
how do animals like you reason? I have been watching Idiots like you come out and attack Peter obi and whoever supports him like your life depends on it. If I check well, you're either an agbaya or a kid still feeding off his parents are you mad?

Are you oblivious to the reality on ground? Why are you so daft? How is insulting Peter obi going to make Nigeria better? No worry I pray Nigeria happens to you. Na that time your brain go rewire. Useless fool.

Keep attacking Peter obi who isn't the president. If na the chicken change wey dem dey pay you make you dey type rubbish upandan. Continue. You're doing your generation proud. Useless tribalistic fool.

continue being deranged, miserable, wretched, despicable, and pathetic, I am not responsible for your generational curses. If your life is worthless, go back to your mother or approach fast-moving trailers.

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by TalkingBird: 10:13am On Jun 28
Why not use the mo ey to fix a refinery.

Chei! cheiii, they have been announcing sharings like this in the past and after that story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muma Gee's Declaration In Rivers State ( Photos ) / Workers' Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / List Of Nigeria's IGPs Since Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.