Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,724 members, 7,892,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:51 PM

Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households (22511 Views)

Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges / Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by phemray(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28
Beremx:
This will not curb hunger in the land. Another audio grant that will not have any impact.
Open borders and let food come in.

Nonsense

I don't understand when people said open borders for food to enter the country, from where? Normally every farm or locally produce of Ecowas state were not blocked. I worked at the border and see that more food items leaves the country than to enter. Rice from cotonu or Niger were imported to their countries and not grown by them. so why not tell the government to import directly to Nigeria if you want it. People think government will just announce that embarmed turkey, vegetable oil and rice are free to enter ?
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by franudi: 7:57pm On Jun 28
Nonsense government. Why not use the money to order for CNG buses for mass transportation? To reduce transportation fare for the poor masses.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by maestro299: 9:51pm On Jun 28
GreatKingg:
This is a welcomed development. I believe with patience, these administration's reforms will start to yield the desired results. Agreed, the reforms will lead to high inflation and inflict pains on the citizens in the short-term, but in the mid and long-term, we will reap bountifully from this.

Believe me, there is no way we could have continued subsidizing fuel and foreign exchange. Our economy will collapse under such burden due to our population. Our population is supposed to be a blessing, but our clueless leaders has turned it into a curse. If at 200m+, the government was already borrowing to pay subsidy and salaries, what do you think will happen in the next two years? If government is already struggling to pay subsidy for 200m people, how will they be able to afford it in the years ahead with the way Nigerians breed children like rats?

Things are really tough right now I must confess, and I hope the government can keep intervening from time to time to lessen the burden on the common man.

But when GEJ wanted to remove it in 2012, Tinubu and his gang of misfits staged massive protests against his government.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by sirray001: 10:11pm On Jun 28
CrushObituaries:
Iya eee
alakori
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Segzy19: 11:55pm On Jun 28
The president will do his own bits at the top but the middlemen ( politicians, governors, legislators will hijack and derail it....
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Ilekokonit: 12:11am On Jun 29
Master364:
I hope it reaches the right places

Good point.

In this same Tinubu Government, Betta Edu the former Humanitarian Minister looted N12Billion within her 6months in office. Money that was meant for poverty alleviation and this has now been swept under the carpet like nothing happened ?

Its has got to be that apart from Tinubu's daily looting of the Nigerian treasury, the drug lord also gets a sizeable cut from what his appointees loot.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Akroty: 12:40am On Jun 29
We sell data worth 15gb for #2000
20gb #2800
30gb #5000
100gb #10000
All last for 2 months
The data is available for all network
Kindly whatsapp or call 09160392479
No scam zone, thanks 🙏
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by ufotunang: 12:53am On Jun 29
A palliative government
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Sapasenator: 2:25am On Jun 29
hafeeanubasy:
Tinubu is falling my hand!

Poor Advisers every.

Use 50billion out of that money to secure 100,000 acre of land throughout the federation. Employ able body men place them 100k monthly for 6months and and feed them to cultivate all out staple food within 6months and flood the market with it.

TINUBU...ANY PERSON THAT IS CLOSE TO HIM READING THIS SHOULD LET HIM KNOW THAT HE IS NOT DOING WELL!

Or use prisoners to cultivate
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Babangidapikin: 8:22am On Jun 29
Approval is one thing, seeing it is another .... Nigeria and it's complexity...
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by regenerateman(m): 9:00am On Jun 29
Deprincess4321:
Dis one na to raise d poor's hope again by making fake fake promises everywr,,,,,abeg muna stop to d loud wetin una no fit do,,jst open border make d less priviledge survive,,,,,infact d thunder wr go soon visit una wit all dis false hope d do press up
Opening of borders will rather worsen the situation. There will be pressure on the Naira thereby making it to lose more value. The cost of food scarcity is insecurity. The modified terrorists known as bandits have taken over dozens of farm lands across the country. If government ends insecurity, farmers will go back to farms and there will be abundant food supply.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by Deprincess4321(f): 12:25pm On Jun 29
regenerateman:

Opening of borders will rather worsen the situation. There will be pressure on the Naira thereby making it to lose more value. The cost of food scarcity is insecurity. The modified terrorists known as bandits have taken over dozens of farm lands across the country. If government ends insecurity, farmers will go back to farms and there will be abundant food supply.
ur right my dr,am jst tired of dis called country n itz backwardness
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎50,000 Grant, ₦‎155 Billion Food Package For Households by sonofthunder: 6:04am On Jun 30
Beremx:
This will not curb hunger in the land. Another audio grant that will not have any impact.
Open borders and let food come in.

Nonsense

Can someone explain how opening the borders will help because I feel our middle men will not allow that as they will try and raise prices to prevailing local prices if allowed.

Also, this will place additional strain on our FX and likely result in higher FX rates. Might be considerable if we stop importing fuel though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive / Current Speakers And Deputies Of The 36 State Houses Of Assembly / Buhari Hosts Northern Christian Leaders At The State House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.