Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense (33729 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / Lagos "Least Liveable" Ranking Hard To Believe –foreign Residents In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Ironbull: 9:01pm On Jun 28
Noted, next topic pls.
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Benwallt(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28
Slytiger:

This too.
Peter obi's legacy. The Anambra Peter Obi built grin

If not for other states. Anambra would have died Nigeria in filth

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Menclothing1: 9:05pm On Jun 28
This are the best city in each country
But among the lowest in ranking
Nigeria only has one city recognized for ranking lagos
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by ScarletBrace(m): 9:05pm On Jun 28
obonujoker:

StatiSense

Lagos has so much noise and hype about it.
Few days ago, someone created a post here on some things he thought were catchy and dope about Lagos. They were actually things to feel ashamed of.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by mankan2k7(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28
What is now the faith of Ado Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Metordman: 9:08pm On Jun 28
Zonefree:
Same Lagos Ahmed Tinubu claimed he developed? undecided
That one was just stealing from the treasury for decades.
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Franklyspeakin: 9:10pm On Jun 28
until tinibuncame

yoruboid:
Unfortunately no other Nigerian city was worthy of being assessed but it depends on the parameters used

Earlier year it was ranked the 19th best in the world by Time Out

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/01/26/lagos-emerges-19th-best-city-in-the-world-to-live-visit-beats-dubai-miami/
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Blazetrailer: 9:11pm On Jun 28
Same shit hole someone claimed he built ?
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Eniolohunda: 9:11pm On Jun 28
The is the highest lie I've heard in 2024. How is Lagos most liveable city? That mean the whole world is hell. I lived in Lagos for 10 years, and the dream of leaving Nigeria came in because of Lagos stress. Thank God I escaped.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Anunakeeh: 9:12pm On Jun 28
obonujoker:

StatiSense

Lagos should top the list.

Btw, what's Algiers doing on that list. A place which looks like paradise compared to nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Konquest: 9:13pm On Jun 28
obonujoker:

Liveability indicators
1 — 🥷Stability
2 — 🏥Healthcare
3 — 🪘Culture & Environment
4 — 📚Education
5 — 🚧Infrastructure

2024 LEAST LIVEABLE CITIES

TOP 10
1 🇸🇾Damascus, Syria
2 🇱🇾Trioli, Libya
3 🇩🇿Algiers, Algeria
4 🇳🇬Lagos, Nigeria
5 🇵🇰Karachi, Pakistan
6 🇧🇩Dhaka, Bangladesh
7 🇿🇼Harare, Zimbabwe
8 🇵🇬Port Moresby, Papua N Guinea
9 🇺🇦Kyiv, Ukraine
10 🇻🇪Caracas, Venezuela

#Statisense
(The Economist)

StatiSense
Lagos State is what it is because of relentless immigration of low-income economic migrants from Nigeria and other West African countries. Same thing is happening to Abuja with folks fleeing from conflict zones flooding in just like they do in Lagos and PH thereby putting massive strains on the resources and infrastructural facilities. Only the devolution of powers would ensure that Lagos State has a breather from overpopulation and make Lagos more livable. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28
Depends on the side of Lagos you're living o. If Ikoyi and banana island are least livable, then we are fine with it. Even the best cities in the world have their slum areas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by MP3GAGAdotCOM: 9:14pm On Jun 28
Slytiger:

Have you checked the report on open defecation in Anambra.
But no pictures for prove, so it's just a hearsay 🤣..

Wicked gossipers 🤣🤣🤣..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Misterone: 9:14pm On Jun 28
Zonefree:
Yeah! Now do livables in Nigeria. Let's see if your state can top Lagos state. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Haaland21: 9:16pm On Jun 28
givedemwotowoto:
A huge chunk of Nigeria’s oil revenue and resources went into developing Lagos since independence just like Abuja today, yet it is one of the worst places to live?

Yet your kinsmen can live elsewhere apart from Lagos. Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Anunakeeh: 9:16pm On Jun 28
MP3GAGAdotCOM:

But no pictures for prove, so it's just a hearsay 🤣..

Wicked gossipers 🤣🤣🤣..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by givedemwotowoto: 9:19pm On Jun 28
Haaland21:

Yet your kinsmen can live elsewhere apart from Lagos. Shame on you.

Are you from Lagos? Who made you the mouthpiece of Lagosians?

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Haaland21: 9:19pm On Jun 28
A useless thread by a sore loser from the five plots of land just to troll lagos.

Yet they cant live elsewhere but in lagos.

Always crying victimization.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Anunakeeh: 9:20pm On Jun 28
yoruboid:
Unfortunately no other Nigerian city was worthy of being assessed but it depends on the parameters used

Earlier year it was ranked the 19th Best Slum in the world by Time Out

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/01/26/lagos-emerges-19th-best-city-in-the-world-to-live-visit-beats-dubai-miami/

Okay.
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by tctrills: 9:22pm On Jun 28
yoruboid:

Anyone who has traveled out of Nigeria knows that Lagos is not top 100 best cities by any parameter.
So when you see a ranking, it makes sense to look out for the credibility of the organization conducting it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by NahuiCyka: 9:23pm On Jun 28
Kyiv?? You must be high on cow dung
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by etrange: 9:25pm On Jun 28
DevilsEqual:

Onitsha is worse bro

Just search for the dirtiest city in the world and see things for yourself

A diff metric is used to measure that level of pollution

I just did the search, and Onitsha isn’t in the list according to Wikipedia, Forbes and other reputable sites. The sites that mention Onitsha being the dirtiest city in the world are 99.9% Nigerian. I don’t know who came up with that one statistical report in 2016 and Nigerians (seeing as we love attention) swallowed it up and almost 10 years later, we still parrot it everywhere. The amount of hard matter pollution in a city is directly proportional to the population of the city. How many people are Onitsha for it to be the dirtiest city in the world? Have you been to India? Let’s learn to be more discerning instead of always getting excited about being in the news.

I’m really interested in seeing the original 2016 statistical report. I want to know the source and whether they released another one years after. Please, share the link if you have it.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by onumadu: 9:27pm On Jun 28
You have to be certifiably insane to live happily in Lagos.
And it has been like that for DECADES.

A livable city shouldn't SMELL, and roads should be "walk-able" (there should be sidewalks on inner city roads), and of course there should be storm water (or completely underground) drainage system.
Nigeria still builds "gutters" in new developments. The gutters may be covered sometimes, but they are still there.
Sometimes I wonder whether Nigerian civil engineers are totally incapable of building underground drainage system.
There is no city in Nigeria with city-wide storm water drainage system. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And the roads are also too narrow! No wiggle room whatsoever. Roads should be WIDE WITH SIDEWALKS ON BOTH SIDES!

And the problem is not limited to Lagos alone.
I cry each time I see new area developments springing up in the east, because what I see is future Lagos in the making.
Maybe Alex Otti may hold some hopes due to the drainage I saw him building in Aba.
Otherwise, hope no dey o.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Roger3D(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28
Of course the whole world knows Lagos is a shithole
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by YouAreNobody: 9:30pm On Jun 28
Paraman:
That's why am surprise Onitsha is not on the list.

The only reason Onitsha and Aba are not on the list is because they are not in the league of major cities around the world like Lagos, New York, London, Shanghai, Dubai etc

Now compare if Ogbomosho will ever appear in such list 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You guys always shout Lagos as if that's the only State in the SW. 90% of you cretins aren't even from Lagos State
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by YouAreNobody: 9:32pm On Jun 28
DMerciful:
I lived in Lagos for about 15 months, worst time of my life. That place is truly bedlam.

Lived in Ogun for about 5yrs, terrible roads grin

Lived in Ibadan for 4yrs, absolutely love it. Ibadan is peaceful and orderly.

As an Igbo man, we travel to any part of Nigeria without fear or favor

Same reason I find it very amusing the way they keep shouting Lagos here and there. You'll see a man from Ogbomosho claiming lagosian. I've lived in Ogun state for 1 year and I enjoyed my stay there. I can't bear to even stay more than 2 days in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by YouAreNobody: 9:34pm On Jun 28
Misterone:
Yeah! Now do livables in Nigeria. Let's see if your state can top Lagos state. Rubbish

Are you from Lagos State?

You people will keep making noise until sanwolu comes and deports y'all to Osun State again

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Nefort: 9:34pm On Jun 28
obonujoker:
If LAGOS remains the World's 4th least liveable city in the 2024 Global Liveability Index report, I wonder how other places in Nigeria will be... Places like Benin, Kano, Onitsha, Owerri,Asaba, Ijebu Ode, Oshogbo, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Maiduguri... Lol...

May God help us Nigerians
Those places have cleaner air, lesser pollution, less traffic, less crime rate. A liveable city is not about having clubs and bars everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28
Kenya is missing
Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by Konquest: 9:38pm On Jun 28
yoruboid:

Re: Top 10 Worst Liveable Cities In The World 2024- Statisense by mipeesoft(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28
grin
Zonefree:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring / The Bad Condition Of Lokoja-Okene Expressway (Photos) / Car Falls Off A Bridge In Abuja (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.