Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,407 members, 7,878,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses (26994 Views)

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria / A Week In The Life Of A Female Cab Driver / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Obakoolex(m): 9:52am On Jul 01
Rot in the system undecided
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by cococandy(f): 9:52am On Jul 01
That’s crazy
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by MysteryofLight: 9:57am On Jul 01
Chikel20000:
This is where u have to hate d north ...those guys r looting d government dry
Did you read the article?

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by 82man: 9:59am On Jul 01
Thousands of people are like this in Nigeria collecting salaries without living in Nigeria or even work for salaries they earnings every month and year , but who to blame is our government who introduced corruption, they are proudly of corrupted one in system, Tinubu emilokan father of all corrupted leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Wonderlabius: 9:59am On Jul 01
[quote author=PinkNature post=130738085]He left his Nigerian job as a civil servant to become a cab driver in the UK.

This alone should tell you how ebinpawa government has delt with Nigerias. [/quote

He left the country 2 years ago.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by IamANigerianMan: 10:00am On Jul 01
adamusuleiman1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/i-still-get-paid-as-a-civil-servant-in-nigeria-uk-cab-driver-confesses/amp/
This Adamu na MUMU , what government will do now is to ban all your account in Nigeria or restrict his account.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by godofuck231: 10:00am On Jul 01
When poor man make small success he shoots him self in the azz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by khreus(m): 10:00am On Jul 01
BigDawsNet:
Complete selfishness… makes no sense at all.. and after all everyone will be blaming the government

If you know you won japa.. resign before you fly
If you don’t trust ur village people… then send a resignation letter when you land successfully…

Government should try and introduce Headcount and biometrics monthly for all workers to keep them in tracks….

If they can follow NYSC system… it will save Nigeria lot of money

Expatiate pls. What's fraud-proof in the NYSC system?

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Umuinyioku: 10:00am On Jul 01
adamusuleiman1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/i-still-get-paid-as-a-civil-servant-in-nigeria-uk-cab-driver-confesses/amp/
I am not surprised. There is a GL12 Officer who travelled overseas over six years ago and still receiving salaries. This is in connivance with his Supervisor or immediate Boss.

Dr Yemi-Esan, Head of Service, can't do anything but could only rant. A weakling indeed!

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Focusmind: 10:01am On Jul 01
Go to our Universities and see what is happening - very common among the lecturers.

I don't know why their retirement age should be pegged at 70years when most of them are not doing anything meaningful once they clock 65 years. You will see them collecting salaries for doing nothing from 60 years. They hardly do any academic work as from 60 but keep delegating their works to graduate assistants. Even those on one paid assignments outside the University or on any political appointment will still be drawing salary from their school.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by ppogba: 10:01am On Jul 01
I am short of an adjective to describe an average Nigerian.

If you have one, please help me.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Onyinyeperpetua: 10:01am On Jul 01
This is not right

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by ppogba: 10:07am On Jul 01
It's a simple task for the FG.

1. Get one hungry audit firm to do the job.
2. Agree with a reasonable commission with the firm for every criminal involved and the amount.
3 . Audit firm traces in conjunction with Embassies, Diaspora commission etc
4. With their details, FG threatens to involve Interpol and FBI .

5. Shapaly, repayments begin ASAP.

Wetin no hard, no require knife.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Didi2d(m): 10:09am On Jul 01
I heard of a shoe maker and some other people in my former neighborhood, that was earning salary every month back then.
This was done by a top officer back then

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Stevenbright(m): 10:09am On Jul 01
madridguy:
Imagine people like Sabitu Adam will come out tomorrow and start cursing Nigeria forgetting he is also part of the rotten system.

Now, if by tomorrow the FG set up a new verification method, his likes and the useless boss will arrange people to stage a paid protest while the verification process should not commence.

As I used to say, majority of we Nigerians are very corrupt, our cries is just that the national cake has not reached us.

We have countless people like this, all they do everyday is to come online to paint Nigeria black whereas what they are doing contributed to the mess the country is suffering from.

You are right. They won't just sponsor paid protests, they will sabotage it from within and it will be a failed policy. This is exactly what is happening to the following:

* Fuel subsidy removal.
* Redundancy and ineffective local government administration.
* Anti corruption agencies and their activities.
* Fight against terrorism and banditry.
Fight against oil bunkry.
* Inflation.
* Failure of most government administrations be it at the federal or state!

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Jonjam269: 10:11am On Jul 01
Anguldi:

Rest Abeg, Agbado founder of Lagos has made Nigeria worse. Gettat arraherrrr
The serial party defector and Pandora fraudster Obingo ruined and ran Anambra State aground for 8years and invested your destiny in hero beer.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by slimfit1(m): 10:13am On Jul 01
The kind Nigerian that needs to be jail when he steps into the country.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by laidol(f): 10:13am On Jul 01
A lot of people actually resigned before leaving the country but the cabal at Human resources and finance department now jointly share their salary.

The cabals in government offices made sure, the letters of resignation were not duly worked on

We the people, are actually Nigeria's major problem

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by 004gist: 10:14am On Jul 01
Most government workers that Japa are getting full salary. I know one here.
To solve this is easy... Get a fingerprint verification system that work with geolocation.

The app can be installed on phone and those that don't have phone can verify themselves every morning and evening after work... Like sign in and out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Ulogwe1: 10:22am On Jul 01
This is the reason I don't blame Alex Otti of Abia state for conducting digital verification of workers in Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Deepspirituals: 10:24am On Jul 01
madridguy:
Imagine people like Sabitu Adam will come out tomorrow and start cursing Nigeria forgetting he is also part of the rotten system.

Now, if by tomorrow the FG set up a new verification method, his likes and the useless boss will arrange people to stage a paid protest while the verification process should not commence.

As I used to say, majority of we Nigerians are very corrupt, our cries is just that the national cake has not reached us.

We have countless people like this, all they do everyday is to come online to paint Nigeria black whereas what they are doing contributed to the mess the country is suffering from.
You are also Part of it with most of the Comments you Make Online.

Just one of the Enemies of Nigeria by Been Hypocritical..

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Dicoomoba: 10:26am On Jul 01
From your delt someone can confirm you got half education with standard illiteracy 😂

This alone should tell you how ebinpawa government has delt with Nigerias. [/quote]
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by izubext007: 10:27am On Jul 01
to the extent that he said he has an arrangement with his boss.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Elsueno: 10:28am On Jul 01
Nigerian criminals are very very loud, They just can't resist thr urge to gloat & shalaye. For his sakes he should hope the 'reporter' is just a reporter, OTHERWISE he might loose both ways. The whites are already complaining of too much immigrants in thier country, and among the niggas, Nigerians are the most disrespected & disliked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by sexiestharam(f): 10:32am On Jul 01
I trust President Tinubu to close up this loophole. He did it in Lagos. I am tired of people running abroad and still taking from the country! That is theft!!! Adams you are a thief! Ole!

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Image123(m): 10:32am On Jul 01
Unfortunately, the system favours people like him. He'll use the job to claim home tie when applying for visa. He'll tell oga at work that he's going on leave. And the cycle starts, it's not that easy to sack civil servants directly. On the other hand, people that are truthful and declare their intentions are usually denied.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by sexiestharam(f): 10:33am On Jul 01
sexiestharam:
I trust President Tinubu to close up this loophole. He did it in Lagos. I am tired of people running abroad and still taking from the country! That is theft!!! Adams, you are a thief! Ole!

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Omobalo67: 10:35am On Jul 01
Brendaniel:

Do you know about civil service rules of engagement and disengagement?
Did you read where the man said a relative in a high position is covering the shit?
Do you know legit without ulterior motives you can travel out of the country for studies for the number of years it will take to finish the course and you are expected to return at the completion of your studies back to duty post in civil service once your superior approves of that?

These are some of the loopholes explored by unpatriotic citizens to defraud the system. Will any private organisation allow that without you properly resigning your position? No.

If all these loopholes are blocked, NLC will Start another protest that it's against Labou practice.

Firstly this issue is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, so any person blaming Nigerians as citizens is only decieving himself...

The government is 100% to take the blame, when we shout to elect good leaders and strengthening the institutions, some of you think we are just being political....

Let us ask ourselves, if Nigeria was their(leaders) business that they own, would they allow a worker not come to work for 1 month and still pay him salary not to talk of 2 years?

There lies your answer, it tells you the type of leaders that have been put there, they don't care about the country, they are too busy looting their own share rather taking care of the system they have been put in charge...

This is like putting a bank vault in the middle of a busy street and leaving it open for weeks and expect that no one will take the money, even in America that bank vault will get empty...

So let's not deceive ourselves, when the government makes corruption attractive this is what happens, there is no where in the world you don't have people who try to take advantage of the system they operate in, it is the responsibility of the government to always checkmate them...

Even Dangote the richest man in Africa with a workforce of 10's of thousands or more cannot come and complain that a worker has not come to work for 2 years and he was still paying the worker....

The government is 100% at fault here
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Omobalo67: 10:38am On Jul 01
Image123:
Unfortunately, the system favours people like him. He'll use the job to claim home tie when applying for visa. He'll tell oga at work that he's going on leave. And the cycle starts, it's not that easy to sack civil servants directly. On the other hand, people that are truthful and declare their intentions are usually denied.

Hearing the denial part for the first time. I thought it was fear of the unknown.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by aestake: 10:38am On Jul 01
GeneralOjukwu:
angry

Someone in the Ministry told me how Nigeria loses 100s of millions annually to these people.

They are the same people who would complain and curse Nigeria " it is a failed country" " it will never work"

While they are thieves contributing to the country's problems.

FG, President Tinubu, if you ever see this, prosecute these criminals and inform foreign countries that they are thieves. Once it starts to affect their credit rating and employability, they will sit up.
Leadership is criminals too.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Brendaniel: 10:38am On Jul 01
[quote author=Omobalo67 post=130740819][/quote]

And whose responsibility is it to get it fixed? Yours?
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Image123(m): 10:39am On Jul 01
Omobalo67:

Hearing the denial part for the first time. I thought it was fear of the unknown.

i don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1st Female Mechanic Sandra Aguebor Begins After School Program To Teach Girls / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs / House, I Am Confused

Viewing this topic: thinkmoney(m), AyoThanni(m), Maxdiamond(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.