Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,407 members, 7,878,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses (26994 Views)

Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria / A Week In The Life Of A Female Cab Driver / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Myhusband(m): 10:43am On Jul 01
victory36:
even taxi driver in Nigeria make more than civil servant so I don't get your point🙄

Please ignore that neophyte

A owner of Danfo who is the driver earned more than some bank managers in Nigeria in a monthly

Danfo driver made nothing less than 15-20k a day after fuel and levies, calculate that in a month that's about 600k in a month

Transport money in Lagos na blood money

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by AreaFada2: 10:49am On Jul 01
madridguy:
Imagine people like Sabitu Adam will come out tomorrow and start cursing Nigeria forgetting he is also part of the rotten system.

Now, if by tomorrow the FG set up a new verification method, his likes and the useless boss will arrange people to stage a paid protest while the verification process should not commence.

As I used to say, majority of we Nigerians are very corrupt, our cries is just that the national cake has not reached us.

We have countless people like this, all they do everyday is to come online to paint Nigeria black whereas what they are doing contributed to the mess the country is suffering from.

You still pretend not to know what the key issues are.

Why do people hate Nigeria to loot and destroy it so much?

Is Nigeria even a country?

Do people feel any genuine sense of citizenship?

If you gave various regions of Nigeria the opportunity to vote to be independent or stay as one Nigeria, how will they vote?
Do people feel genuinely that 9ja is redeemable (forget political lip service}?

Kinsmen of anybody in Aso Rock at any point in time can claim to love 9ja, but it can't plaster over the key issues.

Truth is you can't force people to love 9ja. From North to South, nobody really does. The elite from all tribes/regions only gather to loot, no love. Even projects are just opportunities to inflate cost and loot.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Lovenorth: 10:54am On Jul 01
helinues:
Just imagine oo

After FG must have approved the new minimum wage, the next step is to fish out the ghost workers from the government workers.

Fishing them out would save us money. They are just too many.

Labour union are only interested in salary increase but not fishing out the ghost workers
Labour union is not the one responsible for fishing out ghost workers and they never object to that by the government, so hold your government responsible in that regard
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by caye(m): 10:59am On Jul 01
Not that this doesn't happen .

But knowing the BBC & The Nation Newspaper...it has a probability of being A COOKED-UP STORY , SO AS TO DIVERT PPLS ATTENTION FROM THE wasteful PRESIDENTIAL JET THEY WANT TO PROCURE.

You think the BBC is a moral news organisation?
Hmm...you need to go back to pre-2001.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by frog12: 11:00am On Jul 01
grin

Umuinyioku:
I am not surprised. There is a GL12 Officer who travelled overseas over six years ago and still receiving salaries. This is in connivance with his Supervisor or immediate Boss.

Dr Yemi-Esan, Head of Service, can't do anything but could only rant. A weakling indeed!
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by rajiedreez: 11:06am On Jul 01
Imagine this thief complaining about the state of things in the country
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by rajiedreez: 11:14am On Jul 01
AreaFada2:

You still pretend not to know what the key issues are.

Why do people hate Nigeria to loot and destroy it so much?

Is Nigeria even a country?

Do people feel any genuine sense of citizenship?

If you gave various regions of Nigeria the opportunity to vote to be independent or stay as one Nigeria, how will they vote?
Do people feel genuinely that 9ja is redeemable (forget political lip service}?

Kinsmen of anybody in Aso Rock at any point in time can claim to love 9ja, but it can't plaster over the key issues.

Truth is you can't force people to love 9ja. From North to South, nobody really does. The elite from all tribes/regions only gather to loot, no love. Even projects are just opportunities to inflate cost and loot.

I love Nigeria o, and I want it to work
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Lithiumite: 11:18am On Jul 01
helinues:
Just imagine oo

After FG must have approved the new minimum wage, the next step is to fish out the ghost workers from the government workers.

Labour union are only interested in salary increase but not fishing out the ghost workers

I don't blame the guy for taken advantage of a dysfunctional payroll system of government,I rather blame those higher ups in the system.....it's deliberate so as to able to perpetuate their fraud in bloating the payroll.....it's not rocket science to get a precise and functional payroll.....I have been hearing ghost workers since the days of abacha and I am surprised it still exists till now with all the technology available.....haha ma na
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Lithiumite: 11:20am On Jul 01
chopnaira:
This is extremely common. I know of a university lecturer that's doing the same shit.

And he will be preaching discipline to his kids and possibly a pastor in church or seemingly good Muslim in the mosque.....naija nah home of hypocrisy.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by aywagze(m): 11:22am On Jul 01
Can this government get anything right?? ..the allowance for corruption is just too much ..🤔
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by AreaFada2: 11:23am On Jul 01
rajiedreez:

I love Nigeria o, and I want it to work

All claim so but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

99% of people looting and destroying 9ja will openly say what you just said.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by ecomalchemistt(m): 11:40am On Jul 01
Things are happening ooo.

Good zealot speakers available for wholesale and retail:

Put call.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Vision101(m): 11:42am On Jul 01
I know someone that works in a bank as a permanent staff, works in government as permanent staff and enrolled in FGN funded support for graduates.

The woman is married with six children. Nigerians and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Newton2024: 11:46am On Jul 01
madridguy:
Imagine people like Sabitu Adam will come out tomorrow and start cursing Nigeria forgetting he is also part of the rotten system.

Now, if by tomorrow the FG set up a new verification method, his likes and the useless boss will arrange people to stage a paid protest while the verification process should not commence.

As I used to say, majority of we Nigerians are very corrupt, our cries is just that the national cake has not reached us.

We have countless people like this, all they do everyday is to come online to paint Nigeria black whereas what they are doing contributed to the mess the country is suffering from.
Your pain is to see a fellow thief like you agbado boys not that you dislike corruption in any form or magnitude. Sabitu Adams is telling you that you guys don't have monopoly of corruption.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by etimism1981: 11:57am On Jul 01
That is old gist. Many civil servants who japa are still collecting full salaries with allowance in Nigeria including the Universities

Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by frank2zee: 12:00pm On Jul 01
No junior staff receives upto that amount.
This news is false
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Hrhdwyn(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01
Paraman:
Government needs to do something about this mess

True
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by lekonso: 12:07pm On Jul 01
princepeter566:
An average Nigerian is a criminal.
Because government allows it
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Frederick2017: 12:22pm On Jul 01
Imagine government work wey many of us dey find for years na em this wan keep despite sey he no dey naija. Weekly, not even monthly head count go make sense. Him type plenty for this government work o.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Cmanforall: 12:27pm On Jul 01
helinues:
Just imagine oo

Unfortunately, there are many abroad who are still receiving government salaries. All they need to do is give some shares to the boss or those in Accounts department. That's why there's always protests to verification and digitalisation of everything including salary payments.
The civil servants in Nigeria are happy to receive extra income from those who are abroad, while those abroad are happy with the extra income in Naiar to solve some domestic issues.

This cannot happen in the private sector
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by FreeStuffsNG: 12:30pm On Jul 01
adamusuleiman1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/i-still-get-paid-as-a-civil-servant-in-nigeria-uk-cab-driver-confesses/amp/
States and Local Government Areas leaders are equally guilty of this obnoxious unpatriotic culture. The LGAs are the worse!! They even pay minors, children, toddlers and probably unborn children on their payroll
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Cmanforall: 12:31pm On Jul 01
Frederick2017:
Imagine government work wey many of us dey find for years na em this wan keep despite sey he no dey naija. Weekly, not even monthly head count go make sense. Him type plenty for this government work o.

He's not the only one. There are many of them. It's a sad situation.
Head count may not help. But digitalisation of the workers may help. If workers portal is created where the full names of the workers are listed (with year of birth or birthday), it will make foreign employers also verify that their staff is paying tax commiserate with their earnings. Most of these people will not declare their Nigerian income to tax office, and abroad, it is a criminal offence
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by StOla: 12:36pm On Jul 01
chopnaira:
This is extremely common. I know of a university lecturer that's doing the same shit.

Report such people.

We are the ones keeping quiet.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by StOla: 12:37pm On Jul 01
PinkNature:
He left his Nigerian job as a civil servant to become a cab driver in the UK.

This alone should tell you how ebinpawa government has delt with Nigerias.

Did the report not say he left Nigeria 2years ago?

The hoardes that have been thronging Canada and UK and US, only began after Tinubu became President 1year ago?
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by dheilaw1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01
PinkNature:
He left his Nigerian job as a civil servant to become a cab driver in the UK.

This alone should tell you how ebinpawa government has delt with Nigerias.
he left 2 years ago. Was Tinubu the president 2 years ago? You just like to open your gutter mouth and spit out whatever that comes out of it.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by djseanjohn77: 1:29pm On Jul 01
adamusuleiman1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/i-still-get-paid-as-a-civil-servant-in-nigeria-uk-cab-driver-confesses/amp/

When i left 11 years ago, it was my boss that proposed such to me...I declined afterwards.
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by Pat081: 1:42pm On Jul 01
Do some of you people read the post before you jump to comment??go back to read the bold words in the post [b]The taxi driver has yet to resign from his job in Nigeria[/b].

What of the staff audits they use to do who use to stand for him or how do they do it for him Him too has case to answer for 2yrs ,him too is taking the money like free gift abi we people are part of the problem of this country he travel outside the country without resign or inform the authority in his ministry or place of his workplace
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by BigDawsNet: 1:46pm On Jul 01
khreus:

Expatiate pls. What's fraud-proof in the NYSC system?

I’m not saying people don’t breech the system in NYSC but it’s very limited..

With NYSC monthly fingerprint for all corpers. It’s a mandatory process…you miss it, your miss your salary for that month… you miss it 3 times .. you get a probation
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by ThatFairGuy1: 1:48pm On Jul 01
Please expose him/her, be a part of this positive change in Nigeria.

It's all our responsibility as citizens
chopnaira:
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by BigDawsNet: 1:52pm On Jul 01
djseanjohn77:

When i left 11 years ago, it was my boss that proposed such to me...I declined afterwards.

So if you accept the offer it’s gonna be 50/50 stuffs?

God bless you for not accepting such irritating offer

A new Nigerian working actively should be giving the money monthly instead
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by shunlet210: 2:20pm On Jul 01
go and eat
Re: I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses by eepeepook: 2:27pm On Jul 01
The issue of ghost workers is older than any millennial here. At this point, it is part and parcel of the Nigerian system. Nobody in the country is ready or even able to tackle issues which people benefit from. It will remain a matter of discussion in my grandchildren’s time, likely further.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now

Viewing this topic: thinkmoney(m), AyoThanni(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.