Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,583 members, 7,878,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading (20280 Views)

Heavy Security As Kano Emirates Council Law Scales First Reading / The 6th South East State: Etiti State / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by MasterJayJay: 7:26pm
Zico5:
I don't see anything coming out of this jamboree. It's just a white elephant project. Where do they want to create state from that tiny region. These people don't really know what they want and everyone knows that.
Lagos is the smallest state. Your point makes no sense.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by jyz200(m): 7:27pm
richie240:

To me I think d 5 states they have is still too much as they are scattered all over nigeria thereby stressing the scarce infrastructure in those states.

If I have my way, the 5 se states should be compressed to (max) two, and the money saved thereby spread among their host states all over nigeria.

They want extra state but they are fleeing alaigbo in droves.
cool
grin grin

To me they just want to waste our scarce resources
With their tiny landmass they still want to break it into pieces

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by wirinet(m): 7:28pm
I must be the ignorant one here. I had thought that to create additional states in Nigeria requires constitutional amendment and not just an act of the national assembly. Can lawyers in the house please educate me.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Cmanforall: 7:28pm
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by IjebuWarrior: 7:28pm
Confused Savages! grin
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by adioolayi(m): 7:29pm
Etiti or Anioma

Why can't the Igbo Speaking region unit and push for one State

Why going against eachother

The representatives on Channels TV are even countering themselves..

Sad
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by DmonSlayer10: 7:29pm
Way to go guys!

Way to go...

If self-serving interests will botch the dreams of ANIOMA and ORLU states, I believe ETITI state will suffer no such encumberances....

Way to go
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Augustine2244(m): 7:29pm
DmonSlayer10:

Stop sounding PESSIMISTIC and encouraging DISSENT!!

The govt of the day is doing it's best to address INequity and INjustice in the Nations Political structures.

Irrespective of your political leanings,such moves should be ENCOURAGED

People from these affected LGAs share a lot in common...especially dialects and customs
Oga, Anambra people of Orumba North and South LGAs don't share commonalities in customs and dialects with the other regions proposed to be part of the Etiti state.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Twoclans(f): 7:30pm
This is exactly what is been discussed on politics today at channels television.

I don't even know what to say
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by ggood: 7:30pm
Good they add one State in south east
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Augustine2244(m): 7:31pm
sekundosekundo:

Citizens cannot detect for the federal government on sate creation. Even Anambra was carved out from somewhere.
Oh yes, the citizens can and will dictate on state creation, just as long as it's civilian government.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Maxtipulation(m): 7:31pm
thesicilian:
Etiti state. And they had to copy the name of a south Western state

Etiti mean centre or Middle in Igbo so, it means middle state
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by UnabashedIPOB: 7:31pm
Pinicop:

https://gazettengr.com/bill-to-create-etiti-state-in-south-east-scales-first-reading/

You can create as many states as you want to, we Biafrans no longer have interest in your hopeless and useless Nigeria. We are leaving your contraption so you can enjoy your country with your number one citizens, the COWS!
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by YouAreNobody: 7:31pm
PressMyButton:
Anioma will never leave SS for anything.
Yoruba man speaking for SS and SE🤣🤣🤣🤣

You guys sponsored regional government bill and forced every Yoruba-speaking community into SW while pushing some Igbo-speaking communities into the SS.

You guys are amusing. Anything to bring the Igbos down is what you'll support

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by dangermouse(m): 7:32pm
thesicilian:
Etiti state. And they had to copy the name of a south Western state

Etiti is an igbo word meaning central or middle.

It is not a Yoruba word like Ekiti "okiti'which is hill In Yoruba language.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by tsdarkside(m): 7:32pm
Augustine2244:
Lol! Another mission impossible! The bill has scaled first reading and that's alright.
Scaling second reading is another matter entirely, because no Anambra community will agree to be part of the so called Etiti state.
Concerning the long proposed Anioma state, which Sen Nwoko recently made an advocacy for, even some Anioma communities have opposed it.
These people should forget about it because state creation ended with the military regime.

interesting view....

its much harder in a democracy....too much wahala....

a dictator can just say i want it fvck off....
in a democracy na endless arguements....

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Cmanforall: 7:33pm
culf:
I pray it scale through and get approved

Among the LGAs listed, have heard of Oji and Okigwe. Why Moy use one of them as its capital?
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Augustine2244(m): 7:33pm
Nkpitime:
so nothing can be done
Nothing,oo, because opposition from diverse backgrounds within the amentioned areas will stall everything.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by zinaunreal(m): 7:33pm
Another state of suffering and looting
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Akinpresident: 7:35pm
hriwura:
What is etiti?

Center
Middle
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by YouAreNobody: 7:36pm
flokii:

A State that is twice the size of the entire SE region combined, if not more sef should be merged with another?.. you must be joking.

You ought to be giving the people there kudos for suffering in silence when SE that isn't as big as their State is getting x5 of Niger State allowance.

Luxemburg is less than 1/4 the size of Niger state but can you compare the GDP of your entire country to that of Luxemburg?

What's the essence of having a huge land mass with nothing to show for it? How productive is the entire SW? Remove Lagos (which was built with the wealth of Nigeria for the 70 years Lagos was Nigeria's capital) and you'll see Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun states are just same as every other northern state. Ogun is trying simply due to the influence of it's proximity to Lagos
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by YouAreNobody: 7:38pm
Revealpanda:

Stop dragging South South to your nonsense.

South East never mocks south South

We know our enemy and it's not even the Northerners

He's trying his best to make it seem like the SS is in tandem with the SW
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by YouAreNobody: 7:40pm
Paraman:
The south east wants to have 7 state... I won't have mind sef if not that they will start mocking the south west and south south

Your feeble attempts at hobnobbing to the SS has failed woefully. I'm happy with how you people ended up exposing yourselves during the last election, now everybody knows you for what you are.
You're now trying to make it seem you're pals with the SS because you've seen the north who you've always allied with have started working against your brother in power 🤣🤣🤣

Leave the SS out of your nonsense,
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by domnwan(m): 7:41pm
You get mind respond to that guy with zero sense?
paramakina202:

Can you explain how Orlu state made up parts of Imo and Anambra states than generally accepted Etiti state?
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Augustine2244(m): 7:42pm
tsdarkside:

interesting view....
its much harder in a democracy....too much wahala....
a dictator can just say i want it fvck off.... in a democracy na endless arguements....
Exactly my point, brother. See what just happened with the Orlu state case. So it's just a waste of time.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Maski87: 7:44pm
Igboman too smart maybe one day the aboki bro who is accountant general, will think ekiti and etiti are the same thing and pay ekiti man federal allocation into etiti account and that will be the end of the matter
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by hammer567: 7:45pm
THE ONLY STATE SE NIGERIA REQUIRES NOW IS ANIOMA STATE.

ALL THE REST SHOUD BE SUSPENDED AND SHELVED.

ANIOMA OR NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Zico5(m): 7:45pm
MasterJayJay:

Lagos is the smallest state. Your point makes no sense.
How on earth can sensible person compare lagos state with what's going on in the east. Even the whole of south east combined cannot stand where lagos state is. Tell one thing that qualifies another state in the south east. What is their contributions to the national government to warrant another state. You guys are just dumb and very crude.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Danchibez: 7:46pm
bluepanther:
Pls I need help, I've not been paid for last month and hunger wan finish me, anything at all will be appreciated. 8160 14 68 57. Opay.

Did you voted for APC?
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by snarmani1665: 7:47pm
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Raymon261(m): 7:47pm
Good development
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Cyberterror: 7:47pm
Igbo jealousy towards Yoruba is the only thing fuelling their agitation for a new state, nothing more. They are always trying to measure up to Yoruba even when their 5 tiny erosion ravaged states are barely as big as only Oyo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters / Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Anambra PDP Primaries: We Were Threatened - Umahi

Viewing this topic: finofaya, Tylerbankz, GideonVIBES(m), Cyclops33, Avoidsexxx(m), Prettyayo, OrjiAlex(m), eurozone1(m), JohnnyPalmer, Swagaa99, REDshouse(m), pappey3g, 1TripleC, Shikena(m), MolarT(m), HarbySloy(m), bammyllonaire(m), HNICEARTH and 37 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.