Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,541 members, 7,929,756 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:51 PM

Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading (31264 Views)

Bill Seeking Six-Year Single Term For President, Governors Scales First Reading / Heavy Security As Kano Emirates Council Law Scales First Reading / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by georgeakins: 10:38am On Jul 03
Ttipsy:
I swr
And surprisingly they are against them leaving for their own country Biafra

Go and form your biafra and stop agitating for state creation
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Mightyiyke: 10:50am On Jul 03
Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by kikake: 11:04am On Jul 03
javascript1901:
I grab....also SE region seems small compared to other regions for the creation of more state....

Awuuuu. They don't put land mass or population figures into consideration for creation of states
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Ttipsy(f): 11:10am On Jul 03
georgeakins:

Go and form your biafra and stop agitating for state creation
you are neither Igbo or even from Delta
What is your business
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by smileyoo: 11:49am On Jul 03
georgeakins:

Yorubas travel more than Ibos, just that there are places they avoid.

1. Yoruba and all Nigerians avoid ibo land like plague.
2.Yoruba don't travel to Asia where your blodas go mainly to prosecute their narcotic business.
i know some Yorubas do travelled wide, but certainly not more than the igbos, because there is no place that the igbos can not travel to in this planet.
the point am making is that it's those caved Yorubas that refused to venture out of their domain, that always castigate other tribes based on their little or no knowledge of the people that they are castigating.
when you said all Nigerians avoid Igbo land, you are wrong because the current reality prove otherwise, which you don't know because you confessed of avoiding Igbo land, in a place you avoid, how will you know what is the present reality over there ? assumption is never a reality.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:01pm On Jul 03
georgeakins:

Bayelsa alone is richer than all 5 Ibo states.

How do you intend to finance this new state when South East contributes little or nothing to GDP?

Imo, Abịa and Anambra's GDPs are higher than that of Bayelsa.

You must be a Batist.
Spawns of Lai who dish off statistics manufactured from their imaginations with drunken alacrity.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by BentizilL0: 1:49pm On Jul 03
Revealpanda:

Stop dragging South South to your nonsense.

South East never mocks south South

We know our enemy and it's not even the Northerners
You know your enemy not we pls...
Always personalise your word
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Bestview1: 2:15pm On Jul 03
I pray for this to happen
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by AutomaticMotors: 3:43pm On Jul 03
flokii:
The Igbo Reps in NASS are not pushing for referendum for biafra but are busy pushing for another dot state that will be the size of one estate in Niger State.
No offence meant but I feel SE shouldn't have more than 3 States considering the size. Niger State should start pushing for creation of 5 more States to properly capture their interest and that of NC in Nigeria.
We'll still get to 47 States, not 37. E sure me say Northerners go create additional 2 States each for NE, NW and NC.

grin grin
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by ChimaAdeoye: 3:56pm On Jul 03
Pinicop:

https://gazettengr.com/bill-to-create-etiti-state-in-south-east-scales-first-reading/

Whether they call it "ORLU" or "ETITI", it is the exact LGAs that they are talking about.

Yes, we ask for a 6th viable state in the Southeast for equity. Orlu or ETITI are neither viable nor desirable. It is merely a land grab scheme by Orlu politicians to use other people to achieve their dubious intentions. Moreover, Orlu people are carving out land from other people without even consulting them, and without offering them the state capital or the name of the state to placate them.

Nnewi or Ihiala should be the capital of Orlu or ETITI State if you want it to succeed. You can't just take their land and offer them nothing in return!

We prefer viable states like Anioma, which are made up of homogenous people in a defined area, and with a historic request for statehood. Orlu politicians need to apologize for the scam they intended to carry out against Ihiala and Nnewi people. Shame on you!
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Maxtipulation(m): 3:56pm On Jul 03
javascript1901:
you are dumb

Mind your sad waste republic, skull mining is very lucrative over there

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by ChimaAdeoye: 4:20pm On Jul 03
It is evident that Nigeria cannot sustain the current structure of 36 states and a Federal Capital Territory in Abuja. So, where will the funds come from for 38 or 39 states?

The call for additional states in the southeast seems to be a deliberate distraction from the more crucial and urgent issue of regional governance to reduce corruption/cost of governance.

Some powerful politicians prefer to divert attention with talks of creating unviable states rather than focusing on the regional governance that the APC has promised in its manifesto since 2015.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by Mordson: 6:28pm On Jul 03
VaginaAcademic:
Driver I'm going to Etiti state ...wakes up from sleep and sees a signpost welcome to Ekiti state grin

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by javascript1901: 9:26pm On Jul 03
YouAreNobody:

1 or 2 ikwerre men don't speak for the entire ikwerre tribe.
Numerous other ikwerre men have also said they're Igbos. Even Rotimi Amaechi said he's an Igbo man.
Asari Dokubo just said last week that he's an Igbo man (but we don't want him, you guys can have him).
You guys try to demarcate Igbo land based on States and Regions (which are even imaginary boundaries) and not based on language.

Ohaji Egbema in Imo State and Ohaji in Rivers State, for example, are the same community divided into two during State creation but you tell me one is in the SS while the other is in the East. Make this make sense.

Just in case you don't know, the incoming Ohanaeze ndi Igbo chairman is an ikwerre mannn

Almost all Ikwerres said they are not Igbos...

I live among them, so I know this.

So Asari Dokubo is igbo not ijaw again?
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by georgeakins: 6:34pm On Jul 04
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Imo, Abịa and Anambra's GDPs are higher than that of Bayelsa.

You must be a Batist.
Spawns of Lai who dish off statistics manufactured from their imaginations with drunken alacrity.

Those states contribute nothing to GDP.
Abia cannot even pay the minimum wage of 18,000

I don't know why people from your region live in self deception
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by jmichael259(m): 8:10pm On Jul 04
javascript1901:
they shouldn't have use similar name with Ekiti state. Yeah, I'm not okay with that more especially both Ekiti and Etiti are exactly the same word and meaning in Igbo language but that is their cup of tea with the national and state assembly. I would have suggested they adopt the a river that runs in the region or find an English name like central state, eastern state or whatever since we already have English state names like Plateau, Delta, Rivers and Cross River

And south east region is small for more state,This is false. At over 29,000m², the Southeast zone is larger than countries like Albania, Equatorial Guinea, Burundi, Haiti, Rwanda, Republic of North Macedonia, Djibouti, Belize, El Salvador, Israel, Slovenia, Fiji, Kuwait, Eswatini, Bahamas, Montenegro, Qatar, Jamaica, Gambia, Lebanon, Cyprus, Puerto Rico, Brunei, Trinidad and Tobago, Cabo Verde, Samoa, Luxembourg, Réunion, Mauritius, Comoros, Guadeloupe, Faeroe Islands, Martinique, Hong Kong, Sao Tome and Principe, Kiribati, Bahrain

except they are creating from the igbo region outside south east then add to the south east region. this is not a problem nor a factor. Other people like Ikwere, Anioma can agitate for their own states without needing to be added in Southeast. For example, Yoruba or Hausa exists beyond one zone and even exists outside the boundaries of the country

That means other region will also create. Not a problem, my own proposal for equity is 7 or 8 states for each of the six zones. There are currently many agitations for new states in each region.
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by jmichael259(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04
georgeakins:

Those states contribute nothing to GDP.
Abia cannot even pay the minimum wage of 18,000

I don't know why people from your region live in self deception

Imo contributes nothing?
Abia? Ebonyi? Dey play
Sit down and let the presidency along with the senators, governors be using your brain to drink garri.

Where does cement raw materials come from? natural gas? Market and exports? Even those silent states in the north are cashing out on a lot of mineral resources silently. You know nothing about Nigeria, no wonder una dey support zombie leaders..
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by jmichael259(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04
ChimaAdeoye:

Whether they call it "ORLU" or "ETITI", it is the exact LGAs that they are talking about.
We prefer viable states like Anioma, which are made up of homogenous people in a defined area, and with a historic request for statehood. Orlu politicians need to apologize for the scam they intended to carry out against Ihiala and Nnewi people. Shame on you!

ETITI State is far away from ORLU state. They have absolutely nothing in common.
Both of them can be approved if they want.
This shouldn't stop the approval for Anioma and it's not a must to call Anioma in Southeast.

ChimaAdeoye:

Yes, we ask for a 6th viable state in the Southeast for equity. [[[Orlu state is merely a land grab scheme by Orlu politicians to use other people to achieve their dubious intentions. Moreover, Orlu people are carving out land from other people without even consulting them,]]] [b] THIS IS WRONG. Orlu district existing before the creation of Anambara or Imo has always being agitating for a state under different names like Orlu state or Urasi state. It is not a new scheme or Orlu people agenda.

and without offering them the state capital or the name of the state to placate them.
THIS IS THE ONLY THING I'VE BEEN HAMMERING ON. NNEWI OR more especially IHIALA MAKES MORE SENSE AS THE CAPITAL. Changing from names like Urasi state back to Orlu state and the same Orlu as capital sounds counterproductive because all of them get big man and big ego even more than Orlu.
Nnewi or Ihiala should be the capital of Orlu or ETITI State if you want it to succeed.

You can't just take their land and offer them nothing in return! SAY WHAT YOU KNOW, nobody is taking anybody land. Orlu and Ihiala share a lot in common -dialect, business zeal and customs. An outsider would not differentiate them. Many churches there are in orlu diocese.
[/b]
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by javascript1901: 10:08pm On Jul 04
Re: Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading by javascript1901: 10:13pm On Jul 04
[quote author=jmichael259 post=130797457][/quote]

I mean SE is small compared to other regions inside Nigeria.....

I don't think Yorubas have a state of their own (that is not mixed ) outside SW region.
Yorubas outside Nigeria do not count here. Strictly talking of Nigeria affairs,....what would affect them in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Decorating His Security Aides With Their New Ranks / PDP Agent Shot Dead While Dragging Ballot Box With Thugs In Ebonyi State / Gov Soludo Receives The Body Of Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.