Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student (24700 Views)

Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim / Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Tochi3(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04
..the geographical expression is an evil entity..

..See how those in power treat it's citizens..

..a 400 hundred student's live just wasted for nothing he knows nothing about..
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:26pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
Many obi online nuisances will end up like this guy! Any Nnamdi Kanu sympathizer will be gruesomely dealth with!
What sort of pervasive and senseless comments you are atuning us to?

The young man could be your brother or relation.

What's wrong attending Court proceedings? I agree with some commentators that so many juveniles and up starters full Nairaland.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by ebufa: 5:27pm On Jul 04
gidgiddy:

https://fij.ng/article/interview-no-food-no-water-how-final-year-student-spent-3-years-in-wawa-military-detention-for-attending-nnamdi-kanus-trial/

Nigeria and Nigerians if they continue on this path will never experience anything good and of value....in fact success will remain far from that contraption!

Now we know what gave birth to unknown gun men!
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Okoroawusa: 5:27pm On Jul 04
Nnamdi Kanu will die a miserable death

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Iamanoited: 5:28pm On Jul 04
YOU DESERVE COMPENSATION FOR THE INHUMAN TREATMENT THAT YOU HAVE SUFFERED AND THOSE WHO DETAINED YOU MUST BE FOUND AND SEVERELY PUNISHED.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jul 04
confusedlady:
■His parents sent him to school to study. He left his school to Abuja to attend the court trial of a man accused of terrorism and treason.
From the write up,you can easily understand where his sympathies lie. He is an enabler of terrorism as well as a terrorist sympathiser. He deserves what he got. These are the people who regularly go to court to torment trouble and recruit IPOB new intakes.
He is even lucky to get out of the DSS dungeon alive....
Grow a brain! Courts invite members of the public to attend hearings for good reason. It is necessary in democratic settings for the members of the public to be present wherever possible. The boy exercised his right by law, and did what is considered his civic duty at that, but was illegally detained in the process. Your Constitution says that he and everyone else illegally detained deserve a public apology as well as compensation for their many troubles.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Angelfrost(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04
That's what you get when you practice a Pseudo-democracy lacking rule of law.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 5:29pm On Jul 04
Get a good lawyer and take them to court plus, next time, face your studies. Kanu did not send you school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:30pm On Jul 04
Snake001:
Hehehe

Sorry ehn Chinonso

It is well!!

As for that bleached monkey inside the cage, he is going to die there.

No supporters of crime worldwide can bring him out of that cage with their yeye begi begi

I don't even understand Tinubu.

Don't know what is preventing him from executing that terrorist.

He should just handover to Shettima so he (Shettima) can do the right thing by sending that bleaching monkey to hell zoo
And yet you lose your voice when it's Bokoharam. Is it a case of a slave can't talk before his master?

Don't worry. Nnamdi KANU will get his freedom soon. And you will bleep your ass!

3 Likes

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Tochi3(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
Many obi online nuisances will end up like this guy! Any Nnamdi Kanu sympathizer will be gruesomely dealth with!
..what happened to this innocent man will definitely happen to you..

..you will claim innocence but your detractors will hate you the more..you will have no idea what you did because you did nothing..but you will still be arrested for your innocence..

..insha allah
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Angelfrost(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Grow a brain! Courts invite members of the public to attend hearings for good reason so that democracy is carried out no matter the case. The boy exercised his right by law and was illegally detained. Your Constitution says that he and everyone else illegally detained deserve a public apology as well as compensation for their many troubles.

Why bother with imbeciles whose brains are locked up tight in Stockholm's Syndrome?!!

Waste of time!

Most Nigerian youths are a special breed of stupid! Especially those supporting political parties.

Very unintelligent lots.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:
Get a good lawyer and take them to court plus, next time, face your studies. Kanu did not send you school.
He did what was his civic duty, something most Nigerians never think is necessary for them to do. And here you are casting him down for it? No wonder Nigerians don't understand their rights and duties as citizens. undecided

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Namigotalktru: 5:32pm On Jul 04
Good Nollywood story just add some explosions and juju guaranteed box office smash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 5:35pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Grow a brain! Courts invite members of the public to attend hearings for good reason. It is necessary in democratic settings for the members of the public to be present wherever possible. The boy exercised his right by law, and did what is considered his civic duty at that, but was illegally detained in the process. Your Constitution says that he and everyone else illegally detained deserve a public apology as well as compensation for their many troubles.

"YOUR CONSTITUTION, " This alone tells me all I need to know about you and also tells me WHO NEEDS TO GROW A BRAIN!
Bloody terrorist sympathiser and terrorism enabler.
You aren't hard to identify....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 5:36pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
He did what was his civic duty, something most Nigerians never think is necessary for them to do. And here you are casting him down for it? No wonder Nigerians don't understand their rights and duties as citizens. undecided

What civic duty are you yapping about? Going to a court hearing to support a potential terrorist?

How many court sittings did you attend as a university student?

Will his parents be proud of him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jul 04
confusedlady:
... According to your Constitution, the boy and everyone else illegally detained by your government deserve an official apology and compensation for the harm done them.
Section 35 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty save in the following cases and in accordance with a procedure permitted by law -
▶ in execution of the sentence or order of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty;
▶ by reason of his failure to comply with the order of a court or in order to secure the fulfilment of any obligation imposed upon him by law;
▶ for the purpose of bringing him before a court in execution of the order of a court or upon reasonable suspicion of his having committed a criminal offence, or to such extent as may be reasonably necessary to prevent his committing a criminal offence;
▶ in the case of a person who has not attained the age of eighteen years for the purpose of his education or welfare;
▶ in the case of persons suffering from infectious or contagious disease, persons of unsound mind, persons addicted to drugs or alcohol or vagrants, for the purpose of their care or treatment or the protection of the community; or
▶ for the purpose of preventing the unlawful entry of any person into Nigeria or of effecting the expulsion, extradition or other lawful removal from Nigeria of any person or the taking of proceedings relating thereto:
Provided that a person who is charged with an offence and who has been detained in lawful custody awaiting trial shall not continue to be kept in such detention for a period longer than the maximum period of imprisonment prescribed for the offence.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall have the right to remain silent or avoid answering any question until after consultation with a legal practitioner or any other person of his own choice.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall be informed in writing within twenty-four hours (and in a language that he understands) of the facts and grounds for his arrest or detention.
Any person who is arrested or detained in accordance with subsection (1) (c) of this section shall be brought before a court of law within a reasonable time, and if he is not tried within a period of -
▶ two months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who is in custody or is not entitled to bail; or
▶ three months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who has been released on bail, he shall (without prejudice to any further proceedings that may be brought against him) be released either unconditionally or upon such conditions as are reasonably necessary to ensure that he appears for trial at a later date.
In subsection (4) of this section, the expression "a reasonable time" means -
▶ in the case of an arrest or detention in any place where there is a court of competent jurisdiction within a radius of forty kilometres, a period of one day; and
▶ in any other case, a period of two days or such longer period as in the circumstances may be considered by the court to be reasonable.
Any person who is unlawfully arrested or detained shall be entitled to compensation and public apology from the appropriate authority or person; and in this subsection, "the appropriate authority or person" means an authority or person specified by law.
Nothing in this section shall be construed -
▶ in relation to subsection (4) of this section, as applying in the case of a person arrested or detained upon reasonable suspicion of having committed a capital offence; and
▶ as invalidating any law by reason only that it authorises the detention for a period not exceeding three months of a member of the armed forces of the federation or a member of the Nigeria Police Force in execution of a sentence imposed by an officer of the armed forces of the Federation or of the Nigeria police force, in respect of an offence punishable by such detention of which he has been found guilty.
More: https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-35

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by LOVEALAIGBO: 5:36pm On Jul 04
Brendaniel:
That's why I shake my head when people say the military government was worse than civilian government...

We’re told we’ve been in a ‘democratic dispensation’ since 1999, where there is rule of law and respect for human rights! Should it really come as a surprise that the poor man was illegally detained during the despotic Buhari regime! The man is evil personified and has a particular hatred for Ndigbo!

When i say i hate Nigeria, i know exactly what i’m talking about
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:
■ What civic duty are you yapping about? Going to a court hearing to support a potential terrorist? How many court sittings did you attend as a university student? Will his parents be proud of him?
It is not illegal to support even a terrorist so long as you do not commit a crime by it. The boy was arrested without charge. That is illegal and something even your Constitution frowns upon. Are you going to argue even against the very Constitution here? undecided

His parents should be proud of him because he is a better Nigerian than most Nigerian youths today — their parents included — have ever been. undecided
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by atiku4President(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
How to detect a fool. Anyone wishing innocent people evil will die first.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:40pm On Jul 04
gidgiddy:

https://fij.ng/article/interview-no-food-no-water-how-final-year-student-spent-3-years-in-wawa-military-detention-for-attending-nnamdi-kanus-trial/
This heart wrenching News. It's an indication there's no law in the country.

DSS should be reorganized. Not having ethnic coloration of northern origin. There should be a balance in the recruitment and only qualified candidates should be employed.

I have come across many of them. Some of them could barely read and write. They exhibit Hitler like traits. Very draconian and impervious to reasoning. In fact, they're law unto themselves.

First, Bichi, appointed by Buhari as Director General should be removed. His filial attachment to Buhari makes him to behave any how.

Sorry, Boy, for your ordeal.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Jul 04
confusedlady:
■ "YOUR CONSTITUTION, " This alone tells me all I need to know about you and also tells me WHO NEEDS TO GROW A BRAIN! Bloody terrorist sympathiser and terrorism enabler. You aren't hard to identify....
Did you know it is not against the Law to be a terrorist sympathizer? So I am not sure why you think calling someone that is a crime of some sort. Rather, the Law says that a person has to in fact commit a crime, be charged and convicted for it before he/she can be considered by law, a criminal.

P.S. It is your constitution since I don't live in Nigeria, Eeejit!
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Riskymarvelous(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
is Obi a freedom fighter? Eleleya radarada
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jul 04
Umuinyioku:
■ This heart wrenching News. It's an indication there's no law in the country. DSS should be reorganized. Not having ethnic coloration of northern origin. There should be a balance in the recruitment and only qualified candidates should be employed. I have come across many of them. Some of them could barely read and write. They exhibit Hitler like traits. Very draconian and impervious to reasoning. In fact, they're law unto themselves. First, Bichi, appointed by Buhari as Director General should be removed. His filial attachment to Buhari makes him to behave any how. Sorry, Boy, for your ordeal.
Wrong! There is definitely a law. The problem is that most Nigerians do not respect the law nor carry out their civic responsibilities to ensure the Law is upheld in every corner and arm of Government. The average Nigerian assumes that democracy is a magical system of government that maintains itself without any input from the people who are meant to be the government in that case. (Democracy is Government of the People by the People.) lipsrsealed

What a load of crap, right?. undecided
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Lovenorth: 5:45pm On Jul 04
And so?
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 5:45pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
... According to your Constitution, the boy and everyone else illegally detained by your government deserve an official apology and compensation for the harm done them.

Madam Terrorism enabler, I wish to inform you that where your knowledge of that constitution stops is where my own knowledge of it begins.
Isn't it Ironic that terrorists and terrorism enablers first port of call is always the constitution of a country they don't believe in. A country they are opposed to. A country they label a ZOO?
The same court your terrorist leader Nnamdi Kanu is currently seeking succour under?
You guys love running to the courts and employing the constitution when you are caught in by the long arm of the law.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:45pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
I hope you and everyone illegally detained intend to sue the government and reap from their foolishness! You are all entitled to a public apology and compensation by Law - Section 35 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. undecided
Thanks for the information.

One hopes they will capitalize on the information you provided and fight for their right.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Zico5(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Grow a brain! Courts invite members of the public to attend hearings for good reason so that democracy is carried out no matter the case. The boy exercised his right by law and was illegally detained. Your Constitution says that he and everyone else illegally detained deserve a public apology as well as compensation for their many troubles. undecided
Compensation kwa. Nigeria don scam u guys

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:46pm On Jul 04
900warriorz:
Yan kuri Chinonso..Allah ki ya ye
What are you saying?

Speak out!
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jul 04
confusedlady:
■ Madam Terrorism enabler, I wish to inform you that where your knowledge of that constitution stops is where my own knowledge of it begins. Isn't it Ironic that terrorists and terrorism enablers first port of call is always the constitution of a country they don't believe in. A country they are opposed to. A country they label a ZOO?
The same court your terrorist leader Nnamdi Kanu is currently seeking succour under?
You guys love running to the courts and employing the constitution when you are caught in by the long arm of the law.
Quit rambling for Pete's sake! undecided
Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty save in the following cases and in accordance with a procedure permitted by law -
▶ in execution of the sentence or order of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty;
▶ by reason of his failure to comply with the order of a court or in order to secure the fulfilment of any obligation imposed upon him by law;
▶ for the purpose of bringing him before a court in execution of the order of a court or upon reasonable suspicion of his having committed a criminal offence, or to such extent as may be reasonably necessary to prevent his committing a criminal offence;
▶ in the case of a person who has not attained the age of eighteen years for the purpose of his education or welfare;
▶ in the case of persons suffering from infectious or contagious disease, persons of unsound mind, persons addicted to drugs or alcohol or vagrants, for the purpose of their care or treatment or the protection of the community; or
▶ for the purpose of preventing the unlawful entry of any person into Nigeria or of effecting the expulsion, extradition or other lawful removal from Nigeria of any person or the taking of proceedings relating thereto:
Provided that a person who is charged with an offence and who has been detained in lawful custody awaiting trial shall not continue to be kept in such detention for a period longer than the maximum period of imprisonment prescribed for the offence.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall have the right to remain silent or avoid answering any question until after consultation with a legal practitioner or any other person of his own choice.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall be informed in writing within twenty-four hours (and in a language that he understands) of the facts and grounds for his arrest or detention.
Any person who is arrested or detained in accordance with subsection (1) (c) of this section shall be brought before a court of law within a reasonable time, and if he is not tried within a period of -
▶ two months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who is in custody or is not entitled to bail; or
▶ three months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who has been released on bail, he shall (without prejudice to any further proceedings that may be brought against him) be released either unconditionally or upon such conditions as are reasonably necessary to ensure that he appears for trial at a later date.
▶ in the case of an arrest or detention in any place where there is a court of competent jurisdiction within a radius of forty kilometres, a period of one day; and
▶ in any other case, a period of two days or such longer period as in the circumstances may be considered by the court to be reasonable.
Any person who is unlawfully arrested or detained shall be entitled to compensation and public apology from the appropriate authority or person; and in this subsection, "the appropriate authority or person" means an authority or person specified by law.
▶ in relation to subsection (4) of this section, as applying in the case of a person arrested or detained upon reasonable suspicion of having committed a capital offence; and
▶ as invalidating any law by reason only that it authorises the detention for a period not exceeding three months of a member of the armed forces of the federation or a member of the Nigeria Police Force in execution of a sentence imposed by an officer of the armed forces of the Federation or of the Nigeria police force, in respect of an offence punishable by such detention of which he has been found guilty.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 5:47pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
It is not illegal to support even a terrorist so long as you do not commit a crime by it. The boy was arrested without charge. That is illegal and something even your Constitution frowns upon. Are you going to argue even against the very Constitution here? undecided

His parents should be proud of him because he is a better Nigerian than most Nigerian youths today — their parents included — have ever been. undecided

Most students in Nigeria focus on their studies to get good grades and graduate on time and once graduated, they can participate in activism if they want.

He is likely a radicalized IPOB member plus Nigeria is a very poor country, kids are sent to school to graduate, and help out in little ways they can in the family and not become meddlesome interlopers in cases not concerning them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jul 04
Zico5:
■ Compensation kwa. Nigeria don scam u guys
Did you not know that it is the same Laws that these people use against you in their many defamation charges? Why is it not a scam when they use it but suddenly a scam when you are called to use it but would rather chase after excuses? Make una dey use una head abeg! Doing nothing will change nothing, the same applies as far as your Laws. undecided
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:
■ Most students in Nigeria focus on their studies to get good grades and graduate on time and once graduated, they can participate in activism if they want. He is likely a radicalized IPOB member plus Nigeria is a very poor country, kids are sent to school to graduate, and help out in little ways they can in the family and not become meddlesome interlopers in cases not concerning them.
All these are unnecessary stories abeg! Spare me, please! undecided

The boy and the others were not charged nor convicted of any crimes, so I see absolutely no reason why you are bent on pining imaginary crimes against them. Follow the Constitution always! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki / Reno Omokri Pictured With Atiku Abubakar In London / 7 Campaign Promises Of Buhari And Osinbajo (Throwback Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.