Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student (24699 Views)

Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim / Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Chiefpriestt: 5:51pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
Many obi online nuisances will end up like this guy! Any Nnamdi Kanu sympathizer will be gruesomely dealth with!
Agbado monkey shut up
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 5:51pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! There is definitely a law. The problem is that most Nigerians do not respect the law nor carry out their civic responsibilities to ensure the Law is upheld in every corner and arm of Government. The average Nigerian assumes that democracy is a magical system of government that maintains itself without any input from the people who are meant to be the government in that case. (Democracy is Government of the People by the People.) lipsrsealed

What a load of crap, right?. undecided
Thanks for the free lecture. I now know better.

By the way,are you a Lawyer? You have really impressed me!
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 5:52pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Did you know it is not against the Law to be a terrorist sympathizer? So I am not sure why you think calling someone that is a crime of some sort. Rather, the Law says that a person has to in fact commit a crime, be charged and convicted for it before he/she can be considered by law, a criminal.

P.S. It is your constitution since I don't live in Nigeria, Eeejit!

And as usual you stupidly and senselessly assumed that I live in Nigeria?
Like I said terrorists and their enablers like you are always the first to run and grab the constitution of a country you claim not to believe in. A country it suits you to label a zoo when you are free but immediately you are apprehended and thrown into the prison cells where you belong you remember the constitution of a country you are opposed to and do not believe in.

As far as I am concerned the only good terrorist is a dead one,while their enablers like this silly student in the original post belong in prison!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 5:52pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
All these are unnecessary stories abeg! Spare me, please! undecided

Hogwash!

Go quote your constitution's sections to DSS or contribute to his defence funds not empty braggadocio on a faceless forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by AdeCityzen(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04
iamphilips:
Honestly don't blame those leaving Nigeria in Numbers...... Nobody is safe in this country. nobody!!!!
Three good years wasted, this is touching

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jul 04
Umuinyioku:
Thanks for the free lecture. I now know better. By the way,are you a Lawyer? You have really impressed me!
I am not a lawyer but I live in a democratic society where the rule of Law is the order of the day no matter where or who you are dealing with. It is maintained not by ghosts or magic but by people asserting it every where they go. undecided
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Tradepunter2: 5:53pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:
Many obi online nuisances will end up like this guy! Any Nnamdi Kanu sympathizer will be gruesomely dealth with!

You are just a dead man..... Shame is you don't know yet
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Lezzlie(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04
slimfit1:
The officer should be taken to court not DSS.
DSS did the arrest and handed them over to the military who have no authority to detain civilians .

Both DSS and the military are culpable
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Tradepunter2: 5:57pm On Jul 04
Anytime is a DSS wahala there is a judge in maitama that don't take tolerate such heavy handedness..... Well if you were never inside you won't know.... It's up to you guys to find the judge by yourselves..... She can a life saver any time

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by gidgiddy: 5:57pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:

Most students in Nigeria focus on their studies to get good grades and graduate on time and once graduated, they can participate in activism if they want.

He is likely a radicalized IPOB member plus Nigeria is a very poor country, kids are sent to school to graduate, and help out in little ways they can in the family and not become meddlesome interlopers in cases not concerning them.

This a typical example of the failed Nigeria we talk about. The constitution of Nigeria is that nobody should be held no more than 3 days without charging them to court

A student is held for 3 years without charge by the very authorities that should uphold the law

But this one is more interested "what if", and not the law

1 Like

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 5:58pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
I am not a lawyer but I live in a democratic society where the rule of Law is the order of the day no matter where or who you are dealing with. undecided

Tell this to all the dead Ibo victims of Nnamdi Kanu and his demented IPOB followers. I hope you know every Monday week is hamburger hill day in eastern Nigeria where any innocent person that ventures out of their homes are brutally murdered by hordes of IPOB gangsters and criminals under the control of Kanu.
It is easy to quote Law and constitution for the living lunatics but the dead cannot quote any constitution or law.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 6:00pm On Jul 04
gidgiddy:

This a typical example of the failed Nigeria we talk about. The constitution of Nigeria is that nobody should be held no more than 3 days without charging them to court

A student is held for 3 years without charge by the very authorities that should uphold the law[b][/b]

Can the victims of Nnamdi Kanu and his demented IPOB followers quote any law or constitution from the far beyond?
No sympathy for terrorists or their enablers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by duncan511: 6:00pm On Jul 04
I don't know where to start typing from, if you can suffer in your own country like this without a crime that means we have no country. Even the animals in the forest don't suffer like this.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Osoboshi: 6:00pm On Jul 04
CyrusVI:
Thats bad
But abeg, drop reliable news source

I dont even know this site and i dont just gulp down any random news online as i no be Igbo, na dem dey believe any unverified negative news
the source is very reliable,one of the organization that do real and deep journalism
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by United04: 6:01pm On Jul 04
Snake001:
Hehehe

Sorry ehn Chinonso

It is well!!

As for that bleached monkey inside the cage, he is going to die there.

No supporters of crime worldwide can bring him out of that cage with their yeye begi begi

I don't even understand Tinubu.

Don't know what is preventing him from executing that terrorist.

He should just handover to Shettima so he (Shettima) can do the right thing by sending that bleaching monkey to hell zoo
But he is not ITT.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Lezzlie(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:

Most students in Nigeria focus on their studies to get good grades and graduate on time and once graduated, they can participate in activism if they want.

He is likely a radicalized IPOB member plus Nigeria is a very poor country, kids are sent to school to graduate, and help out in little ways they can in the family and not become meddlesome interlopers in cases not concerning them.
dumbest comment so far.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 6:03pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
I am not a lawyer but I live in a democratic society where the rule of Law is the order of the day no matter where or who you are dealing with. undecided
Hmmmm

I doubt you are not a Lawyer because you're exhibiting extra trait of a Lawyer.

But I want to disagree with you that we are in democratic society where the law is upheld. I don't think so because many things are done ultra vires without resort to the law. Examples abound.

Honestly, I prefer military rule to this Democracy which has destabilized our moral and financial institutions. Under the military, no Bokoharam insurgency. No IDP camps. No herders -farmers clash. There was calm in the polity.

So, how do you justify democracy under this straining condition?

To hell with democracy!
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Jul 04
Lezzlie:
DSS did the arrest and handed them over to the military who have no authority to detain civilians .
Both DSS and the military are culpable
That is why the Constitution states it is an illegal detention.
Section 35 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty save in the following cases and in accordance with a procedure permitted by law -
▶ in execution of the sentence or order of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty;
▶ by reason of his failure to comply with the order of a court or in order to secure the fulfilment of any obligation imposed upon him by law;
▶ for the purpose of bringing him before a court in execution of the order of a court or upon reasonable suspicion of his having committed a criminal offence, or to such extent as may be reasonably necessary to prevent his committing a criminal offence;
▶ in the case of a person who has not attained the age of eighteen years for the purpose of his education or welfare;
▶ in the case of persons suffering from infectious or contagious disease, persons of unsound mind, persons addicted to drugs or alcohol or vagrants, for the purpose of their care or treatment or the protection of the community; or
▶ for the purpose of preventing the unlawful entry of any person into Nigeria or of effecting the expulsion, extradition or other lawful removal from Nigeria of any person or the taking of proceedings relating thereto:
Provided that a person who is charged with an offence and who has been detained in lawful custody awaiting trial shall not continue to be kept in such detention for a period longer than the maximum period of imprisonment prescribed for the offence.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall have the right to remain silent or avoid answering any question until after consultation with a legal practitioner or any other person of his own choice.
Any person who is arrested or detained shall be informed in writing within twenty-four hours (and in a language that he understands) of the facts and grounds for his arrest or detention.
Any person who is arrested or detained in accordance with subsection (1) (c) of this section shall be brought before a court of law within a reasonable time, and if he is not tried within a period of -
▶ two months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who is in custody or is not entitled to bail; or
▶ three months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who has been released on bail, he shall (without prejudice to any further proceedings that may be brought against him) be released either unconditionally or upon such conditions as are reasonably necessary to ensure that he appears for trial at a later date.
In subsection (4) of this section, the expression "a reasonable time" means -
▶ in the case of an arrest or detention in any place where there is a court of competent jurisdiction within a radius of forty kilometres, a period of one day; and
▶ in any other case, a period of two days or such longer period as in the circumstances may be considered by the court to be reasonable.
Any person who is unlawfully arrested or detained shall be entitled to compensation and public apology from the appropriate authority or person; and in this subsection, "the appropriate authority or person" means an authority or person specified by law.
Nothing in this section shall be construed -
▶ in relation to subsection (4) of this section, as applying in the case of a person arrested or detained upon reasonable suspicion of having committed a capital offence; and
▶ as invalidating any law by reason only that it authorises the detention for a period not exceeding three months of a member of the armed forces of the federation or a member of the Nigeria Police Force in execution of a sentence imposed by an officer of the armed forces of the Federation or of the Nigeria police force, in respect of an offence punishable by such detention of which he has been found guilty.
More: https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-35
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by onadana: 6:03pm On Jul 04
YouAreNobody:

Before 4th of December of this year, this same fate will befall you.

Mark today's date

Where I am there is rule of law,peace and tranquillity, progress and jollification. You should be worried if you will survive Tinubu's hunger in Nigeria before 4th December 2024.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 6:03pm On Jul 04
gidgiddy:

A student is held for 3 years without charge by the very authorities that should uphold the law

Mechie onu there, internet chest beater, tell me which court proceeding you attended as a student? Ilwas that the reason why your parent sent you to school?
If any of my sons try that, I will abandon him in Jail.

What did he expect supporting a proscribed terrorist organization.

Now go get a lawyer for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by dododawa1: 6:05pm On Jul 04
Nnamdi Kanu is terrorist

No one associate with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 6:05pm On Jul 04
Lezzlie:
dumbest comment so far.

I bet you reason with your ass or at best, a secondary school drop out so, I forgive your inability to reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jul 04
Umuinyioku:
■ Hmmmm I doubt you are not a Lawyer because you're exhibiting extra trait of a Lawyer.
■ But I want to disagree with you that we are in democratic society where the law is upheld. I don't think so because many things are done ultra vires without resort to the law. Examples abound. Honestly, I prefer military rule to this Democracy which has destabilized our moral and financial institutions. Under the military, no Bokoharam insurgency. No IDP camps. No herders -farmers clash. There was calm in the polity.
So, how do you justify democracy under this straining condition? To hell with democracy!
Huh? I lived through a good portion of the military era in Nigeria myself and I am shocked anyone would make such claims as the one's you are making here! Are you here trying to convince me that having the Military terrorize Nigerians right in their very homes in many cases is better than having Boko Haram and IDP camps in only some parts of the country? Did you by any chance witness the joyous outcries when news came down that Abacha was dead? Do you know why people shouted out for joy? undecided

As I had said before, Democracy is government by the People for the people. What is still missing from the Nigerian democracy is Government by the people. The average Nigerian is not only oblivious to his rights as an individual but also ignorant of his civic duties/responsibilities as well. Look at the Kenyan kids for instance and see how very different those kids are in the way they reason with their government and the way the average Nigerian does.. undecided
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Lezzlie(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04
Sapasenator:

I bet you reason with your ass or at best, a secondary school drop out so, I forgive your inability to reason.
this human vomit cannot even determine what is unlawful from what is lawful.

Chronic symptoms of an inbred
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Sapasenator: 6:09pm On Jul 04
Lezzlie:
this human vomit cannot even determine whst is unlawful from what is lawful.

Chronic symptoms of an inbred

How does your brainless comments relate to the facts about students focusing on their studies.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by veron007: 6:10pm On Jul 04
Chivisee:

You will be the 1st to meet what you wish on innocent people.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by mipeesoft(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04
When these officers get killed or died naturally during their active service, do they really deserve our pity after reading so many stories like this
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Dpharisee: 6:14pm On Jul 04
confusedlady:

And as usual you stupidly and senselessly assumed that I live in Nigeria?
Like I said terrorists and their enablers like you are always the first to run and grab the constitution of a country you claim not to believe in. A country it suits you to label a zoo when you are free but immediately you are apprehended and thrown into the prison cells where you belong you remember the constitution of a country you are opposed to and do not believe in.

As far as I am concerned the only good terrorist is a dead one,while their enablers like this silly student in the original post belong in prison!
Even a terrorist should have his day in court, convict me and jail him, arbitrary detention of a terrorist 'sympathiser' in a democratic setting is illegal. Its easy to cast aspersions when you are not the victim.

Perhaps those responsible for maintaining the law are scared of lack of sufficient evidence to prosecute and feel its better to detain suspects in dungeons cheesy
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Umuinyioku: 6:15pm On Jul 04
Kobojunkie:
Huh? I lived through a good portion of the military era in Nigeria myself and I am shocked anyone would make such claims as the one's you are making here! Are you here trying to convince me that having the Military terrorize Nigerians right in their very homes in many cases is better than having Boko Haram and IDP camps in only some parts of the country? Did you by any chance witness the joyous outcries when news came down that Abacha was dead? Do you know why people shouted out for joy? undecided
Yes. I witnessed all you are saying.

What is the essence of freedom when that freedom cannot be guaranteed? You could be hacked down under such freedom atmosphere.

Is it not better we have regulated freedom than absolute freedom where rights and privileges are trampled upon?

The Chinese are progressing because of regulated freedom. Not absolute. Nigeria with absolute freedom, where are we in terms of development index?

We have found ourselves in hosbean state because of western democracy that doesn't suit our circumstances.

Nigeria is not ripe for democracy.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by confusedlady(f): 6:17pm On Jul 04
Dpharisee:

Even a terrorist should have his day in court, convict me and jail him, arbitrary detention of a terrorist 'sympathiser' in a democratic setting is illegal. Its easy to cast aspersions when you are not the victim.

Perhaps those responsible for maintaining the law are scared of lack of sufficient evidence to prosecute and feel its better to detain suspects in dungeons cheesy

So why has Nnamdi Kanu refused to face his terrorist charges in court but has chosen to engage in all kinds of legalese and legal gymnastics while surreptitiously sending Abaribe and the Eastern governors to PLEAD for settlement with the Federal government?

Like I said earlier, the poor victims of Nnamdi Kanu and his demented IPOB followers have no chance of appealing to the law and the constitution from the grave.....
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by caye(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04
kettykin:

God will certainly fight for the oppressed, unless there is no God again.

God fights for the oppressed...only if the oppressed is ready to fight the physical battle, while the spiritual battle is handled from heaven.

As man is a dual being: spirit & flesh, his victory on earth must have physical and spiritual exertions.

Meaning:- man must produce weapons and train to be a warrior , and still invoke God's name, if he wants to conquer on this earth.

Christianity doesn't mean you leave everything to God; it simply means you cooperate with God to overcome the physical and spiritual sides of evil.
Re: DSS Detained Me For 3 Years Without Charge For Attending Kanu's Trial - Student by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 04
Umuinyioku:
■ Yes. I witnessed all you are saying. What is the essence of freedom when that freedom cannot be guaranteed? You could be hacked down under such freedom atmosphere. Is it not better we have regulated freedom than absolute freedom where rights and privileges are trampled upon?
■ The Chinese are progressing because of regulated freedom. Not absolute. Nigeria with absolute freedom, where are we in terms of development index? We have found ourselves in hosbean state because of western democracy that doesn't suit our circumstances. Nigeria is not ripe for democracy.
Even in the best democracies on the planet, no one can tell you that freedom is guaranteed. Nothing in this life comes with such a guarantee. So should we pack it up on democracy cause of that? undecided

2. Folks conveniently forget that the same China did not simply land where it is today after just a short history. It took China almost 1000 years to get to where it is today with its style of governance. Look up their history. These people were in bondage and without progress for more than 1000 years before what you see today. Should Nigeria equally take a gamble on the same? Maybe 500 years of military rule with hopes that after that we will finally see progress? Is that what you feel we need? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pics Of NEMA Officials Evacuating Corpses In Today's Suicide Bomb Blast In Borno / Ireti Kingibe: ‘stop Making Enemies, Be Concerned About 2027 – Omokri To Wike / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.