Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,780 members, 7,969,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:57 AM

Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro (22921 Views)

Argentina Win 2022 World Cup, Beating France In Penalty Shootout (Pictures) / Celebration On The Streets Of Paris As France Wins World Cup / World Cup: Mbappe's Score Brace As France Beats Argentina 4-3 (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Almiron: 6:34pm On Jul 06
femi4:
I don't know why he was on the pitch for 120mins. Portugal was one man less yesterday, he even missed a seater
I wonder what the coach was thinking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Almiron: 6:34pm On Jul 06
Felaincarnated:
Omo ale
omo ofo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by October1960: 6:37pm On Jul 06
FalseProphet1:
I see Ronaldo winning 2026 and 2030 world cup with Portugal.

This I have seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Fatbam005: 6:47pm On Jul 06
Even Messi dey bench at Copa. If dem commot dis one na to dey vex. Jota, Ramos would have easily s ored

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by StraightGaay: 6:48pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
I will check on you tomorrow, sure you no go reply cos dem go don dey cry for your family house

I go chop your akara with fresh Agege bread
I wish you the same
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by 77up(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
Mistiano Penado is the sole reason why Portugal is out of the Euros, not Felix's penalty miss.

The old fraud is washed up and someone should remind him. As expected, he wasn't really interested in his country's triumph, rather his own personal glory, massaging his badly bruised ego

Since Messi won the World Cup in 2022, his life has never been the same, which gives me a lot of joy. I drink his tears and that of his delusional fanbase.

He wasn't just a ghost in the match, he was a liability for the team and the sole reason why they lost. I mean, I can understand Pepe in the heart of the defense; his experience is needed. The man is a beast, looks like he can still play for two more years.

Come on, this is 2024. Starting a 39-year-old washed-up player upfront ahead of players like Jota and Gonzalo Ramos, what was Martinez thinking? Even deciding a penalty kick in the round of sixteen, a madman lost it, if not for the keeper who saved the day.

I guess they were fooled by his performance in the desert league. We told them he wasn't playing with professional footballers, just some random kabirus, part-time Alfas, and mechanics.

Now it's obvious; the guy didn't even register a goal throughout the tournament and had no impact whatsoever, except crying like a clown.

They should give him the "Crying d'Or" already. As he was crying, you'd think it was passion; the dude was after personal glory. He wanted to be the oldest player to score in the European tournament.

He didn't just fail, he crumbled, which gives me a lot of joy. Imagine that average French side sent Portugal home, what a joke! A Portugal side without Penado would have flogged this French team because they're trash, with exceptions of a few players.

The same glory hunting made him play an irrelevant match during the round of sixteen against Georgia. The coach rested all the key players, but the weyreh still started and it ended in tears.

My Portugal hate-watch is over. Now I can support them in peace.

I declare this violence session open in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost...

Messi FC shall we ....

Penadogs una tears in my mentions as usual...
I'm not a football person actually meaning that I don't care who win or lose, the only time I care is when Nigeria is playing.

Reading your comment actually got me laughing, that's really no more famsy but witch craft 😂. Ronaldo is beyond any criticism from any human being dead or alive, God has really elevated him beyond any possible human hatred.

You should be praying to God to bless you too, not hating on whom God has blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by adioolayi(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06
Azazyel:

Feasting on who? Messi and Ronaldo no even send una. Banter in football is normal but you see that guy's post is too toxic. Be honest with yourself

It's not...we want it like that...Hot and spicy 🔥

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by adioolayi(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06
obonujoker:

Pessi has been disastrous in many COPA and WC before too

Before no cut am...old things don pass

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by adioolayi(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06
Makunahatata:
another foolish one hating on someone greater than his whole generation from past to future 😹

This one na bitter soul

grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by pquaver(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06
Martinez39s:
"Two Euros equal one World Cup" in the mud. grin

Limited Portugal, and ruined Diogo Jota's Euro 2024 experience. Trying to act like a team player, but is just hunting for personal glory. Had a breakdown against Slovenia because he anticipated the banter that was coming if Portugal were eliminated... Sesko fuckèd up big time. cheesy

Guy u dey see far.. He form cry because he anticipated the banter i swear..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Makunahatata: 6:54pm On Jul 06
adioolayi:

This one na bitter soul

grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
u wey dey beef someone wey no offend or know ur papa and greater than evn your unborn generation put together no bitter? U be ode!
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Makunahatata: 6:56pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
You just typed your papa's work 🤣🤣, I saw him last week working under the rain, how he wan chop, even your papa don clock 70 e still dey inflate tires... Ogun kpai him plus your miserable mama

You will cry till death
Almiron oloobuku omo baba Vulcanizer, omo Iya olobo town council 😹😹
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by obonujoker(m): 6:56pm On Jul 06
adioolayi:

Before no cut am...old things don pass

grin grin grin

You can't troll Ronaldo except for WC
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Felaincarnated: 7:05pm On Jul 06
Werey oshodi
Almiron:
omo ofo
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Afonja007: 7:08pm On Jul 06
GanagiBitrus:

I was afraid for France when I saw those Africans lining up to take their penalties. But surprisingly, they converted all their penalties.

But I feel Portugal would have fared better if Ronaldo played as a Sub instead of full 90mins.

Anyway at 39years, he has paid his dues in full to the Beautiful Game.

Max Respect. 🫡
they are now Africans if they join jihadist and bomb France you will change your statement calling them French grin
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Almiron: 7:25pm On Jul 06
77up:
I'm not a football person actually meaning that I don't care who win or lose, the only time I care is when Nigeria is playing.

Reading your comment actually got me laughing, that's really no more famsy but witch craft 😂. Ronaldo is beyond any criticism from any human being dead or alive, God has really elevated him beyond any possible human hatred.

You should be praying to God to bless you too, not hating on whom God has blessed.
Youre typical penadog yiu don't need to disguise, idgaf!!! That said, I don't understand why you put God inside banter, typical teenage mentality... Your mama is cooking in the kitchen go and help her.. leave this matter for elders and face your book.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by tellwisdom: 7:33pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
Mistiano Penado is the sole reason why Portugal is out of the Euros, not Felix's penalty miss.

The old fraud is washed up and someone should remind him. As expected, he wasn't really interested in his country's triumph, rather his own personal glory, massaging his badly bruised ego

Since Messi won the World Cup in 2022, his life has never been the same, which gives me a lot of joy. I drink his tears and that of his delusional fanbase.

He wasn't just a ghost in the match, he was a liability for the team and the sole reason why they lost. I mean, I can understand Pepe in the heart of the defense; his experience is needed. The man is a beast, looks like he can still play for two more years.

Come on, this is 2024. Starting a 39-year-old washed-up player upfront ahead of players like Jota and Gonzalo Ramos, what was Martinez thinking? Even deciding a penalty kick in the round of sixteen, a madman lost it, if not for the keeper who saved the day.

I guess they were fooled by his performance in the desert league. We told them he wasn't playing with professional footballers, just some random kabirus, part-time Alfas, and mechanics.

Now it's obvious; the guy didn't even register a goal throughout the tournament and had no impact whatsoever, except crying like a clown.

They should give him the "Crying d'Or" already. As he was crying, you'd think it was passion; the dude was after personal glory. He wanted to be the oldest player to score in the European tournament.

He didn't just fail, he crumbled, which gives me a lot of joy. Imagine that average French side sent Portugal home, what a joke! A Portugal side without Penado would have flogged this French team because they're trash, with exceptions of a few players.

The same glory hunting made him play an irrelevant match during the round of sixteen against Georgia. The coach rested all the key players, but the weyreh still started and it ended in tears.

My Portugal hate-watch is over. Now I can support them in peace.

I declare this violence session open in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost...

Messi FC shall we ....

Penadogs una tears in my mentions as usual...

How does he intend scoring this ball? Very greedy self centered useless player

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by BENEAMATA: 7:47pm On Jul 06
The goaT [greatest of all TEARS] has exited the building . bitter tears and terrible curses from his fanboys .somebody call the waaah-mbulance !

cheesy grin grin cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by adioolayi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06
obonujoker:

You can't troll Ronaldo except for WC

grin grin grin grin angry

Here yourself "Except"

grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Almiron: 7:51pm On Jul 06
tellwisdom:

How does he intend scoring this ball? Very greedy self centered useless player
I wonder too.... Egomaniac b@stard 🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06
Caramia2020:
Football, the funny end will be Messi triumph in the Copa America n boom world goat debate will start.

Start or completely be put to bed??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06
Flows001:

As Penaldo don lose now una don turn motivational speakers 😅😅..

Shey when una been dey troll Messi international career for many years, una forget say the dude gave his all in many finals but never got lucky.
Now that he is reaping fruit of his perseverance, una tears just dey freely flow everywhere 😁..
😅😅

Their karma fell heavy on them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 8:11pm On Jul 06
Almiron:

Its obvious life dey show you shege, if not you won't be crying in my mention, na Ogun go kpai you. Oni kure !!!

Almiron my guy, correct guy. Up Messi.

But bro how u dey yab people without getting suspended?

If I yab these people, them dey suspend me for a while sometimes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06
Angelfrost:

Well, na Ronaldo do himself sha.

Portugal would have been unshackled and fluid on the attack if everyone didn't have to massage his ego and kowtow to his onfield presence all game long.

Player wey coach dey fear to sub or bench.

That's a burden that cost the entire national team.

Portugal has so many stars and players of immense quality that would have gone farther in this tournament.

Such a shame!!!

But u were here na when the same ronaldo fans were blaming their former coach for leaving ronaldo out till the 2nd half in the game against morocco.

And it partly cost him his job.

Now this new coach would definitely bow to the pressure. He has insulated himself from as much blame as he would have forgotten if he left ronaldo on the bench. Either way, he'd get blamed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
For everything they did to Leo, bro na 10 commandments me I dey operate o, old testament for life. This place no go contain us..

Nairaland no go contain us and them. Tell dem.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by JoeEeL(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06
Klinxmanz:
penalty is a game of chance and luck, no matter confident u are, besides ronaldo did'nt miss his penalty kick, just his team mate were unlucky. 2023 world cup, first argentina league, messi was beaten 2:0 by ordinary saudi arabia that has no professional footballers.

2-1.

Its difficult to say those who qualify for the WC were unprofessionals. I believe the arabia players were professional. They were just underdogs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by luminouz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06
Almiron:

Its obvious life dey show you shege, if not you won't be crying in my mention, na Ogun go kpai you. Oni kure !!!
Jesus!!!

I'm sure you are one jobless mumu who rely on online validation to survive....

Send your aza make I bless your existence...at least you won't cry this week.

Ogun go kpai who? My surname is Ogun na...🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Zonefree(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06
99thEnemy:

choose between Jennyclay, Siofra and Grand Ereluroz, you will find it. cool
Your thought towards me these days are evil grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by luminouz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06
Almiron:
For everything they did to Leo, bro na 10 commandments me I dey operate o, old testament for life. This place no go contain us..
Look at what you are using your life and time to do? Ain't you ashamed of your existence? The Leo wey you dey shout know your family ni? He is Argentinian. Read about how they eradicated blacks from their country via systematic genocide. They killed your ancestors yet you are here praising their descendants who still don't give a Bleep about you. Why do you love your oppressors you dûmb ass bîtch!!! Read the history of blacks in Argentina and weep for your ancestors mudafucker!!!

Infact, dog will tear out your testicles today and next week. Ogun go kpai you join.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Ojuntana: 8:42pm On Jul 06
Martinez is a balless coach
He was just picking players based on sentiments
Imagine playing Ronaldo and Pepe for 120mins consecutively
Dude needs to be sacked
He can't improve that team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Heading Home As France Beats Portugal 5-3 In A Penalty Shootout In Euro by Mirasteel: 8:48pm On Jul 06
Ade1177:
Truth be told

Even as a Ronaldo Fan

This is not the Ronaldo we grew up to love
Ronaldo can't even make simple passes anymore
It's fine

Because he is getting old
Even Ronaldinho will also struggle currently doesn't mean they were not the best in the past

Saudi Arabia is not a good league most of the players there are playing rubbish and sometimes the lesser teams I think they just allow him score sometimes with the horrendous keepers always letting goals in

He struggled badly in united but he was still angry
Now against elite opposition he is a shadow of himself

Ronaldo used to be better than Haaland and Mbappe put together

But currently he should do the honorable thing and accept Age

Or atleast allow others play while he relax

He is still the only one compared with Messi
He has nothing else to prove

Unless you didn't watch the matches
He was just like a lower version of lukaku in all the matches

That is not the Ronaldo we grew up to know
I think he should just retire instead.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Barca New Signing, Coutinho, Out For Three Weeks With Thigh Injury / Andrea Agnelli Resigns As Juventus President / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.