Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,950 members, 7,903,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent (28776 Views)

Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation / My House Sold Without A Quit Notice To The Tenants / Woman Whose House Was Gutted By Fire In Owerri: M Husband Was Asleep In The Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by kushme: 10:45pm On Jul 11
Curious345:
Your mother is either a wicked woman or maybe you're a useless child .

Either of the two .

So she keeping the money from you, so you don't squander it

IF na useless child, at least give am small thing to squander, he go see am as his share , and he won't ask again. Dey play
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Chibuzoripob: 10:45pm On Jul 11
sad
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by PepeXKermit: 10:45pm On Jul 11
Sapasenator:
People still fight over their father's properties. I never made that mistake from early in life, I told myself that I was going to build wealth and amass my properties myself.

My motto is " Whatever I do not acquire myself , does not belong to me"

And you don build the wealth?

2 Likes

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by lanre4411(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11
Creamypie:
U no suppose talk.e no concern you. Na property wey belong to both your dad and his wife. In his absence, she can decide what happens. When u get your own, u can decide, not your kids. secondly let's say your both parents are gone, that property will belong to all children, not only first born
brother God bless you

2 Likes

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11
MAYBE u are not legitimately a son in that family.. u better make sure she is your mum or that late man was your daddy..
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Dennisochampa: 10:51pm On Jul 11
Na wa o...
If you build your own house... Na crime?
Maybe e get the way you take dey, na im make them sell the house without your knowledge....
Check yourself wella...
Hustle hard and may God bless the work of your hands... Amen

2 Likes

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by tonididdy(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Another reason why men should enjoy their lives while they are still alive in stead of acquiring different properties all in the name of --'I am securing my children's future by building houses and land".

Cuz the moment after you die,the way those your so-called children and wife go do collabor just to dey whip-whip and sell sell your properties go even shock you for your grave undecided

Lol your children go suffer!

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Sammiel: 10:55pm On Jul 11
Beremx:
Probably you wanted to sell it first to squander the money. They were smarter than you to know your plans. When you get sense, they'll give you your own share of the money.
grin grin grin. That was harsh though.
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Akalia(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11
Beremx:
Probably you wanted to sell it first to squander the money. They were smarter than you to know your plans. When you get sense, they'll give you your own share of the money.
Women don't sell properties that isn't theirs in igboland, it has irreversible repercussions.
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Mentorme: 11:06pm On Jul 11
Whether you can recover it depends on:
1. Your tribe (do women get share of their father's Landed properties without will)
2. Are you the first son (advantage: if from tribe where no.1 is not applicable)
3. If no.2 is applied, do you have financial muscle for litigation?
4. Was the house sold with the original documents?
5.if you will reclaim the house, your mother and sister have a price to pay.

Finally,
You might be a prodigal son.
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by TrainPark: 11:10pm On Jul 11
prestige257:
Hello Nairaland lawyers please i need your advice.
My mother and elder sister sold our late father's house secretly without our consent around february this year but we just found out only recently.It's a 4 bedroom bungalow.The buyer has completed renovation.Have we lost out? They didn't share the money they are holding on to it.Is there anything that can be done at this point in time?

Why not focus your energy and thought on making your own money to build your own house instead of fruitless bickering over inheritance that will only create bad blood between you and your own mother?
The person that suffered and built the house has died and left it.

Don't waste your time and money fighting your own family over worldly possessions that you can acquire with the right effort. Just leave it for your mum and sister. Use it as a motivation to make your own money that nobody can drag with you.

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Nonexisting: 11:13pm On Jul 11
Finding out in July that they sold your papa property back in February already shows you're likely an efulefu. No hard feelings though. Go beg them your own portion, I'm sure they have kept it safe for you waiting for the day you will ask responsibly or the day you will have sense whichever one comes first.

2 Likes

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by femi4: 11:16pm On Jul 11
prestige257:
My mother and elder sister sold our late father's house secretly without our consent around february this year but we just found out only recently.It's a 4 bedroom bungalow.The buyer has completed renovation.Have we lost out? They didn't share the money they are holding on to it.Is there anything that can be done at this point in time?
You ve lost out if the buyer is with the original document and have receipt or any other proof of payment
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by MaxBee2050(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11
U no get shame I swear

2 Likes

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Angelfrost(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11
Vulcan24:

Oh boy u av an ideology but in reality, legacies are physical inheritance! U must leave properties for your children so they don't start from zero!

Look at Africa that nothin works, chances are not equal unlike Europe, what gives u edge is what ur parents leave for u !

Aside that we are patrilineal society in Africa, only men and first born controls inheritance!

It's a good ideology to train kids but opportunities are not equal in Africa so u need to balance it up in reality by leaving something behind for ur kids.

Why is Ikoyi and lekki full of legacies and most high brow areas, school, jobs full of parents footsteps!

Pls leave something behind for ur kids not your wife, ur wife ha had a lifetime of comfort with u.

Define legacy please.

You can leave physical properties and money, but without proper upbringing, those things will amount to nothing... We have both witnessed such over and over again.

I have not said Fathers shouldn't leave anything for their kids... I simply maintain that it shouldn't be the most important bequest of a father to his kids.

An inheritance should never be more important than nurturing and upbringing.

Those examples you gave... You conveniently chose to ignore the aspect of good education, training and upbringing which enabled the legacies grow beyond the years of their original owners.

My children will not wait for my demise to inherit what I leave behind before they succeed and make their own legacies else I would have failed as a father.

An inheritance is not a right! It is a privilege bequeathed by a parent, who can also choose to bequeath it to anyone else.

A child's right is firstly life, followed by proper nurturing and training.

Many young people amount to nothing largely because they believe their parents have achieved enough for them to live off on.

Well, to each his own... I gladly rest my case. cool

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Angelfrost(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11
mikywonder:

Nwokem go and hustle
Dis firs child of a thin no dey work again
I say again go and hustle

Don't mind these people!
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by rickleye: 11:23pm On Jul 11
prestige257:

If there is a will - maybe .
If not - your mum is next of kin and can do as she pleases

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Sapasenator: 11:27pm On Jul 11
chyzoo4u:

There's a difference between entitlement mentality and inheritance. Learn to differentiate them.

How is it his inheritance? Property from the father go to the wife who is the mother by default.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Sapasenator: 11:28pm On Jul 11
Lawalemi:

While my late dad was alive,, I already had three houses and land. Now their three houses are extra for us the three children.

My point: let's build our wealth while parents are alive.

May God give us grace.

I agree with you and let us not use our children as retirement income thereby placing extra burdens on the innocent children, It's not fair when the children have to bear the financial burdens of the parents.

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Akalia(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11
Mentorme:
Whether you can recover it depends on:
1. Your tribe (do women get share of their father's Landed properties without will)
2. Are you the first son (advantage: if from tribe where no.1 is not applicable)
3. If no.2 is applied, do you have financial muscle for litigation?
4. Was the house sold with the original documents?
5.if you will reclaim the house, your mother and sister have a price to pay.

Finally,
You might be a prodigal son.
Stop insinuating that the OP is a prodigal son. Women are always scheming and very manipulative.
Something similar happened to me as the only son to my late father. My father died intestate so after his death I made a move to retrieve the credentials to his assets but unfortunately for me my mother (now late) conspired with my sisters to get hold of the credentials and keep it in their possession even before I thought about getting hold of the credentials. They were that wickedly sharp.

My sisters fueling the crisis tarnished my image to anyone who cared to listen but as God may have it as a perfect planner and grand schemer he made my late mum hand over all the credentials to my late father's property to me before she died. My sisters are still mad at me till date for having those credentials in my possession.

Life is a battlefield. Not even your own blood can be trusted to always have your back. My advice to the OP is to thread with wisdom from God. If it is the will of God for him, he will recover all what he lost as his inheritance from his scheming mother and sister.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by blacknp(m): 11:39pm On Jul 11
shoodboi2:
Fight them for your money. It is not the buyer's fault at this case. And if you drag the buyer to court, your mom and sister may end up in prison or worse if found guilty.
Oblivious Nonsense, end up in jail on a civil issue?
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by BABANGBALI: 11:43pm On Jul 11
Go and build your own house. Common be a man!
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Dancebreaker: 11:44pm On Jul 11
prestige257

I guess most tribes have their rule on inheritance.

Find out. Are you the senior son?

Did you bury your dad according to custom required of children for the father in your clan/tribe?

Is there a will left by your father?

Whatever the case, some family members going behind to sell inherited property is very bad. It shows lack of respect and transparency.

Comment here against OP shows the low moral ebb 9ja is at. Many of them would easily do same.

Find out what your rights. Every family member has rights and obligations. If you have met your obligations, you deserve your rights too.

HOWEVER, if those who have sold it flatly refuse to behave like proper family members, move on. Don't look back. Just know that despite blood, they are not actually family.

Only VERY FEW blood relatives are truly family these days. Some so called family can be deadly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Leemzyy(f): 11:44pm On Jul 11
BABANGBALI:
Go and build your own house. Common be a man!
You dey mind him
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by blacknp(m): 11:52pm On Jul 11
Leemzyy:
You dey mind him
babangbali your scripture says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children, make you blame your papa if em no leave any property for una.
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Henryfocoyo(m): 11:54pm On Jul 11
TrainPark:

Why not focus your energy and thought on making your own money to build your own house instead of fruitless bickering over inheritance that will only create bad blood between you and your own mother?
The person that suffered and built the house has died and left it.

Don't waste your time and money fighting your own family over worldly possessions that you can acquire with the right effort. Just leave it for your mum and sister. Use it as a motivation to make your own money that nobody can drag with you.
I just like your last words bruh
But person like me "we are gonna be forever enemies
Those people can't be family

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by blacknp(m): 11:54pm On Jul 11
rickleye:

If there is a will - maybe .
If not - your mum is next of kin and can do as she pleases
What if na she, kill the man?

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Leemzyy(f): 11:55pm On Jul 11
blacknp:
babangbali your scripture says a good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children, make you blame your papa if em no leave any property for una.
Bangbanbali can you see what he is saying 2 me right?let me call my dadda first
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Leemzyy(f): 11:57pm On Jul 11
blacknp:
Am leemzy not babangbali
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by BABANGBALI: 12:02am On Jul 12
blacknp:
the scripture you fokn quoted did not say you should start running up and down on nairaland because of what your father left for you. You go just die for nothing over family's property. Go and hustle and build a better house for yourself. Lazy man waiting to collect house rent.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by Leemzyy(f): 12:04am On Jul 12
BABANGBALI:
the scripture you fokn quoted did not say you should start running up and down on nairaland because of what your father left for you. You go just die for nothing over family's property. Go and hustle and build a better house for yourself. Lazy man waiting to collect house rent.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Awwwn thats my geee
Re: My Father's House Was Sold Without My Consent by BABANGBALI: 12:05am On Jul 12
Leemzyy:
Awwwn thats my geee
I give am uppercut. Make I give am more?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) / The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? / Three Storey Building On Fire In Anambra State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.