Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:34 PM

Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams (38282 Views)

Woman Dies After Her 4 Children Died In Jos School Building Collapse / 22 Confirmed Dead, 134 Hospitalized In Jos School Building Collapse / Students Writing Exam On Bare Floor In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Roger3D(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12
Zonefree:

Nigeria is just one big for nothing comedy station in Heaven. undecided
And what have you done to help fix it?
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Jeffy1206(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12
ApcBacteriafonj:
grin grin grin grin grin
Kai, poor children
why you de laff open your stoopid teeth? 😏
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Horus(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12
This building has been in bad condition for years,... students complained on how it use to shake but the authority didn't paid attention
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Leemzyy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 12
BABANGBALI:
Tinubu using innocent children for sacrifices since 12AD
Hhm let me go and report to him immediately
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by MissIndependent(f): 4:26pm On Jul 12
cry
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Bonab: 4:26pm On Jul 12
This is so sad.

I prayed they will all be rescued.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Abagworo(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12
Our civil Engineers are very wicked
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by learnedJAMES(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12
I pray they will all be rescued without any casualty, we have to start doing things right in our dear country
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by highbee02: 4:38pm On Jul 12
Probably a private school.

I hope the children are safe.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by israelmao(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12
This is one of the dangers of using substandard building materials to build and engaging quakers as professional.My deep thoughts and prayers to families and friends of the victims.Government must rise up against quackery and proliferation of substandard materials and products.

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Michella25: 4:38pm On Jul 12
God help us in this Country.🥲
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by aysnoopy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cry

An old man who is an architect told me that in the 80s. A bag of cement is used in making 20 blocks while today a bag of cement is used in making 60 blocks of cement. So what do you expect.

Blocks has nothing to do with the strength of a building. Blocks are just to partition and even plywood can do the job as well

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:49pm On Jul 12
aysnoopy:

Blocks has nothing to do with the strength of a building. Blocks are just to partition and even plywood can do the job as well

In a bungalow design blocks serves a major function in upholding the building.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:54pm On Jul 12
aysnoopy:

It depends on the architectural design. An example is a bungalow. A good number of bungalow design has not a single pillar. The block walls carry all the dead load to the foundation. More so, plywood are used in very much in geographical locations prone to Earth quakes. Building materials have their functions which are conditional.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Electrochemistry(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12
Shameful and unjustifiable things are happening in Nigeria because the smartest allow the dullest of mind to rule over them.

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by stallionng: 5:01pm On Jul 12
The contractors and engineers who executed the job should be held accountable

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by nolamicautos: 5:19pm On Jul 12
ufotunang:
...we all blame Tinubu for the high costs of cement and building materials
That building wasn’t built in Tinubu’s regime na
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by skoles001(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12
Nigga44:
Oh God!

I hope the building is a bungalow.....so that the chances of survival may be high.

Every one of those kids will come out alive in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by phoneport(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12
SpaceX:
Why do we like to cut corners? It's sad!!!
Good question
The same way you like to cut corners grin grin grin

See Nigerians, only God will help us cool
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Temi2468: 6:12pm On Jul 12
OkoYibo:

I don't know why you are shining teeth.

Some people have lost empathy for humanity.

Who knows, he may be a ritualist or kidnapper with NL account.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Teymanhenry(f): 6:22pm On Jul 12
I'm saddened by this news. Can't imagine the pain that the parents of the dead/injured students are going through. I feel this so much cos I'm about to be one

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by extremelygolden: 6:34pm On Jul 12
The Anonymous Groups predicted this misfortune on June 16, 2024, but it was ignored. Now it has happened exactly according to their prediction.

May God have mercy.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by PHAYOL81: 7:08pm On Jul 12
I pray they make it out alive.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Nickymezor(f): 7:16pm On Jul 12
Lord have mercy. What a news
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Emdebby2: 7:42pm On Jul 12
So sad. May they be rescued safely.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Tourist42: 7:44pm On Jul 12
Horus:
This building has been in bad condition for years,... students complained on how it use to shake but the authority didn't paid attention

Imagine , de should b arrested immediately... angry angry : angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Tourist42: 7:46pm On Jul 12
Abagworo:

The council saddled with the responsibility of making sure buildings are built to standards should be held accountable.... They should face the wrath of d law for not doing their work!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Jossibest(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12
Abroad were they build 100 storey building have never one day colaps but just 1 storey building will be the one to colaps in Nigeria.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by UnabashedIPOB: 8:06pm On Jul 12
This is the Nigeria that some of you are so freaking proud of. A rescue vehicle got stuck in the mud on its way to a rescue mission...only in the useless and hopeless Liegeria can you imagine something this evil could happen.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by descarado: 8:08pm On Jul 12
What is tinubu doing in Abuja when he should be there as soon as possible.
Even if he has a function he should cancel and present himself at that school.
Gosh, my people do not know what serving the public means.

1 Like

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by descarado: 8:13pm On Jul 12
Abagworo:
Tell your tinubu to be there ASAP.
That is the honourable thing to do and presidents worldwide cancel engagements to rush to places like this. Even if it is for eye service.
This is not time for civil engineers are wicked.

All that have been happening, this man has not availed himself to go to the place at least once.
It is his job and responsibility as a leader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi State University 2014/2015 Admission Processes / Queen's College Sexual Molestation Scandal : Accused Teacher Exonerated / 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.