Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,773 members, 7,889,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams (38279 Views)

Woman Dies After Her 4 Children Died In Jos School Building Collapse / 22 Confirmed Dead, 134 Hospitalized In Jos School Building Collapse / Students Writing Exam On Bare Floor In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by ufotunang: 12:24am On Jul 13
nolamicautos:

That building wasn’t built in Tinubu’s regime na
..ok we all blame APC for the high costs of cement and building materials..it was built during APC regime.. Buhari administration
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Akjohny: 12:36am On Jul 13
This is disheartening
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Wiseman2y(m): 12:41am On Jul 13
Chai! All hope is lost in Nigeria, tinubu why?
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by aysnoopy(m): 2:36am On Jul 13
Zxcvbnmghtr:

In a bungalow design blocks serves a major function in upholding the building.

Is it bungalow building that collapse in Jos?
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by aysnoopy(m): 2:37am On Jul 13
Zxcvbnmghtr:

It depends on the architectural design. An example is a bungalow. A good number of bungalow design has not a single pillar. The block walls carry all the dead load to the foundation. More so, plywood are used in very much in geographical locations prone to Earth quakes. Building materials have their functions which are conditional.

But it's not bungalow that collapse in Jos and I'm making reference on storey buildings and not bungalows
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by chival(f): 7:51am On Jul 13
Horus:
This building has been in bad condition for years,... students complained on how it use to shake but the authority didn't paid attention
If this is true, then the parents should also receive part of the blame. How can you allow your child to continue schooling in a school where the structures are noticeably unsafe? I had no idea there were warning signs.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Vulcan24(m): 8:56am On Jul 13
The Minister of edu ioe commy should step down immediately in that state
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Seriouslady: 11:30am On Jul 13
What a calamity! Development authorities should be inspecting buildings even after construction every year and mark any building with defects to save innocent lives.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by jmichael259(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cry

An old man who is an architect told me that in the 80s. A bag of cement is used in making 20 blocks while today a bag of cement is used in making 60 blocks of cement. So what do you expect.

Yh, I once worked with a construction group that made 12-15 blocks per bag. They're not commercial entity though.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by micxwell(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13
Abagworo:
Our civil Engineers are very wicked
If you can provide evidence showing that a registered civil or structural engineer designed and supervised the construction of the building, along with the necessary approvals, I will credit your account with N20K upon verification. I'm waiting.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by micxwell(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13
aysnoopy:

Blocks has nothing to do with the strength of a building. Blocks are just to partition and even plywood can do the job as well
He only used that as an analogy bro to make reference to how bad things have become.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:30pm On Jul 13
jmichael259:

Yh, I once worked with a construction group that made 12-15 blocks per bag. They're not commercial entity though.

Nice 👍
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by CartelKenneth: 3:33pm On Jul 13
DUNDEEmoderatos:

So you already assumed that they are all dead. Una wicked sha... people's children!

What’s our business if they’re people children?
Are we not all somebody children?(exceptt those of us that fell from the sky 🦅)
What’s so special about being somebody children sef?
Abeg who wan die make he die
Life is empty and unnecessary anyway 😡🫨🫨
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:06pm On Jul 13
CartelKenneth:

What’s our business if they’re people children?
Are we not all somebody children?(exceptt those of us that fell from the sky 🦅)
What’s so special about being somebody children sef?
Abeg who wan die make he die
Life is empty and unnecessary anyway 😡🫨🫨
Honestly you need mental medication see a doctor 🏥💊.
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by CartelKenneth: 5:16pm On Jul 13
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Honestly you need mental medication see a doctor 🏥💊.

Mental medication for saying the truth?
My own mental medication is in heaven bitch 🌁
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by DUNDEEmoderatos: 7:47pm On Jul 13
CartelKenneth:

Mental medication for saying the truth?
My own mental medication is in heaven bitch 🌁
Mad man ... eleribu!
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by CartelKenneth: 10:10pm On Jul 13
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Mad man ... eleribu!

How do u know I’m a man
Who’s mad now?
Odé🤣
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by DUNDEEmoderatos: 11:48pm On Jul 13
CartelKenneth:

How do u know I’m a man
Who’s mad now?
Odé🤣
Oponu! Your stupid comments is enough to tell that you are a mad man!... Animal!
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by CartelKenneth: 1:39am
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Oponu! Your stupid comments is enough to tell that you are a mad man!... Animal!

I’m a mad man yet I have money to buy iPhone and data🤣🤣
Werey leleyiín o
Odè oshi
Bastard son of a thousand fathers 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams by DUNDEEmoderatos: 2:31am
CartelKenneth:

I’m a mad man yet I have money to buy iPhone and data🤣🤣
Werey leleyiín o
Odè oshi
Bastard son of a thousand fathers 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I pity your mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi State University 2014/2015 Admission Processes / Queen's College Sexual Molestation Scandal : Accused Teacher Exonerated / 5 Foods Undergraduates Eat When They Are Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.