Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,871 members, 7,889,914 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) (33982 Views)

Atiku, Sowore, Others Celebrate Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday / Today Is Professor Wole Soyinka's 90th Birthday / Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by EreIuRoz: 4:03pm On Jul 14
FashionCookie:

Many are mad but few are roaming. 😆 🤣 😂
Omo ale son of a thousand fathers. Na person give birth to this one like this? 😆 🤣 😂
Oma se o...SMH
Uduak try come online on this forum by 9pm, I'll make you trend grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Love800(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14
i dont understand this.
Can u explain further pls.
dododawa1:
cultism is different from gang of criminal we have now.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by generalud: 4:38pm On Jul 14
The Father of Modern Cultism in Nigeria. What he introduced as cultism in his days as a student in UI is not what these indomie generation are doing. Soyinka introduced cultism to fight injustice from the hands the Britains.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Uchesis: 4:43pm On Jul 14
felaismyhero:
idiotic Ivos like you are angry that prof did not support your Peter Obi.
Soyinka is one of the fathers of cultism in Nigeria. Wetin concern me with Obi? Is Obi feeding me?

Abeg shift
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Uchesis: 4:44pm On Jul 14
femi4:
We are all cultists. We all belong to one religious or secular association or another
I am not a cultist.

And I don't belong to any religious association
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by atobs4real(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14
libertyfather:
Make olopa just round dem up😁…we no understand the thing again sef…only this pirates Dey do social display
Because they are registered and recognized under the Federal Republic of Nigerian Law
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by ItisWell22(f): 5:02pm On Jul 14
God bless you sir. 🙏🤲

Haryour12:

Utterances like this should seriously be looked into on this platform

You could've been modest enough in your response or not respond at all... Two wrongs don't make a right

As for the first guy(yorubanibaba), that it's a faceless platform doesn't make you and other people say things you may or may not be able to utter to the person's face if you get to meet him/her physically.

I noticed the tribal sentiments and insults like this on this page. You might even tag him Igbo for his first comment but then, how are we ever gonna get better as a country/people? How are we putting our education in place with other people?

That a person's popular in Nigeria doesn't mean he's doing something right, why bring parents into this. I'm sorry but I'm too Yoruba to disrespect anyone's parents.

But when facts are spoken, please let's accept and see it as that not start another round of bashing.

Nigeria won't get better like this o, you people should cease the tribal rubbish and unnecessary insults.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by FashionCookie(f): 5:03pm On Jul 14
EreIuRoz:
Why wait till 9? When you can become unfortunate before then?
Goat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by javascript1901: 5:04pm On Jul 14
THE KING OF BLACK AND AFRICAN LITERATURE

We celebrate you

Lyrical king, with philosophical depth

Human rights activist

You risked your life several times for Nigerians in your youth till now, no wonder our God has blessed you with a long life and honor on every side. Yes, you serve humanity with your life, not just your tribe, that's why you are recognized and accepted beyond Africa.
Matthew 10:39
"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

He was detained for nearly two years, from 1967 to 1969, due to the Biafra war in Nigeria at the time.

now they are insulting you

Well... others celebrate you.

The LION of Black and African Literature
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by RealityKings: 5:05pm On Jul 14
ufomskylashi:
. That score is 2:1

Omo grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by RealityKings: 5:06pm On Jul 14
EreIuRoz:
na thunder and Ogun go kill your ashawo mama.
Useless Akwa Ibom illiterate wey dey do ashawo work for Delta.
You think say I no know you?
I go post your pictures here make I reach house

grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by RealityKings: 5:07pm On Jul 14
FashionCookie:

Go disgrace all the females 4 ur family fess. Omo ale never-do-well. grin

Danmmmmmmm
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by RealityKings: 5:11pm On Jul 14
EreIuRoz:
lol
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Olabode211: 5:19pm On Jul 14
Receive brain in jesus name..amen stupid ipob mumu.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by javascript1901: 5:39pm On Jul 14
generalud:
The Father of Modern Cultism in Nigeria. What he introduced as cultism in his days as a student in UI is not what these indomie generation are doing. Soyinka introduced cultism to fight injustice from the hands the Britains.

What he introduced was Confraternity (not cultism) which was initially formed for positive reasons such as promoting academic excellence, fostering brotherhood among students, and engaging in community service.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Gajagojo: 5:43pm On Jul 14
The Pyrates Confraternity was registered with the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Act Cap 98 with the name "The National Association of Seadogs

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by EreIuRoz: 5:54pm On Jul 14
FashionCookie:

Why wait till 9? When you can become unfortunate before then?
Goat
Uduak the calabar girl wey dey do ashawo work for Warri.
I'll fetch you out.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Chetas81(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

The man your dad opens gate for
I LIKE THE WAY YOU GUYS DISPLAYED THE LEVEL OF THE HOME TRAINING
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by MzErica(f): 6:27pm On Jul 14
grin
Gadafii:
Shameless bigoted old cultist, his nobel Laureate hasn't brought anything meaningful to Nigeria and Nigerians, however his cult group has claim hundreds of lives yearly.

If this is agbaya wasn't bigoted you would have thought by now he is calling tinubu out the way he called out GEJ and his wife few years back even tho Nigeria was doing way better then than now

It's a good thing obi ignored him, respect is not sold at alaba international market, Peter had done well by visiting you respectfully in your home few months back, but you would never stop attacking him, while ignoring the calamity of a president simply because he's your kinsman

🤣🤣🤣

Una cry just begin.

Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Omookunnimi(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:
Cultism! The only legacy of a prof.

Nobody even knows your father talkless of if he has any legacy he may has.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Omookunnimi(m): 6:32pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

Nobody even know your father not to talk if he has any legacy.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Kamor010255: 7:54pm On Jul 14
BlackfireX:
Gbajue professor

grin

Cultism professor

grin

APC professor

Omo ibo
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by sucexfic(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14
libertyfather:
Make olopa just round dem up😁…we no understand the thing again sef…only this pirates Dey do social display
OLOPA mako everybody
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Yankiss(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:
You are saying trash. He is our only Nobel laureate till date. Respect him for that, if for nothing else!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by kayjoasy: 9:13pm On Jul 14
Copy your generation yet unborn add, nonetity still dey your blood[Aquote author=YorubaNiBaba post=130953328]mynd44, fergie001, seun
rule 2[/quote]
Re: Pyrates Confraternity Pays Tribute To Wole Soyinka On His 90th Birthday (Video) by Solofresh2: 9:43pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

The man your dad opens gate for
Am proud of you for this reply man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Above The Shadows / Fear No More / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore

Viewing this topic: stfadaanthony(m), annyplenty(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.