Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,387 members, 7,894,666 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

I Want To Report This School In My Area. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Report This School In My Area. (44469 Views)

Should I Report This Secondary School Students Always Making Love After School? / Drop A Comment When You See What's Wrong With This School Billboard / Can You Take Your Child To This School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Skyfornia(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14
Almost 50% of houses in Lagos will go down if government decides to demolish buildings that didn't meet requirements.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by SeriouslySense(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14
shocked shocked

If you are afraid of being known just use an anonymous twitter account and start tagging the relevant agencies and big twitter accounts to make it a virus.

Take good pictures, and write the location, the school and how you described it here shocked shocked

I think you should use an anonymous way to report to protect yourself. Dont use facebook or a nigerian social media.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by JaySmart4422: 2:55pm On Jul 14
Come to Lagos almost everybody is a school owner in a small house

I know this poster is located in Lagos
Please report asap

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by AmuRubber(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

Didn’t they tell you that the best business is minding one’s business?
The owner of the mushroom school spotted!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by denigma2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14
To mind his business instead of reporting a potentially tragic situation and saving lives?
Is this how we think as a people.

Dear poster, you shouldn't waste any time in sending the pictures with location and name of the school to the authorities.
RighteousDemon:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by SeriouslySense(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14
Dont mind them, if he or her child was involved he or she will start wailing like it is the end of the world grin grin grin

But their child is not in such a school, hence everyone should mind their business, no wonder they were able to enslave us anyhow.
denigma2:
To mind his business instead of reporting a potentially tragic situation and saving lives?
Is this how we think as a people.

Dear poster, you shouldn't waste any time in sending the pictures with location and name of the school to the authorities.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Nairalander248: 3:00pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:
There's this school in my area that started in 2017 with a small bungalow. Before it was just a Nursery and primary school but as of today the building is already a 4 storey building because they now have both secondary school.

From the look of this building you will know that its a disaster waiting to happen. There are visible cracks around the building which they always use plaster and paint to cover. I want to report it to the appropriate authority but I don't know how to do so.

File Photo used for illustration

All the APC and Agbadorians that says report, that's how they saw the disaster that will happen, they still went ahead to vote in their paymaster grin cheesy and they are now the one advising you.

Bro, btw you can avert this impending disaster about to happen.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Elidrisy20: 3:04pm On Jul 14
No report ooo, if you do e no concern me
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Kobicove(m): 3:04pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

Not in this instance

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by maasoap(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

Until someone in your family becomes a victim of such "disaster waiting to happen". grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Saao(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:
There's this school in my area that started in 2017 with a small bungalow. Before it was just a Nursery and primary school but as of today the building is already a 4 storey building because they now have both secondary school.

From the look of this building you will know that its a disaster waiting to happen. There are visible cracks around the building which they always use plaster and paint to cover. I want to report it to the appropriate authority but I don't know how to do so.

before you report, before sure is a structural defect, not all cracks are defects per se. Maybe you snap the building and post it here

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Drenix(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

Just listen to ur f😂😂lish self, and you are so proud saying it.

Shiooorrrr

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Coolsat(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14
Imagine seeing comments like don't report mehhhhn we truly deserve our leaders in this country
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by ednut1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14
My secondary school collapsed too. They started it out as a one storey in the late 90s and ended up with 4 stories. Students were to resume the 2 days before the collapse

https://www.thecable.ng/three-storey-school-building-collapses-in-lagos/amp/
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by maasoap(m): 3:08pm On Jul 14
Nairalander248:

All the APC and Agbadorians that says report, that's how they saw the disaster that will happen, they still went ahead to vote in their paymaster grin cheesy and they are now the one advising you.

Bro, btw you can avert this impending disaster about to happen.

Who did you vote for that wasn't disaster waiting to happen? Obi, right? The one that didn't conduct local govt election for eight years that he spent in power as a gov!
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by RighteousDemon: 3:10pm On Jul 14
AmuRubber:

The owner of the mushroom school spotted!

Of all the mentions I’ll reply you only. Cos you’re the only one who made me laugh. grin
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Anguldi(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

your moniker though
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by SmartPolician: 3:13pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Instead of reporting the school, write them an anynomous letter. Take pictures and threaten to report them if they don't do the needful. Reporting them will lead to a total shutdown. That will keep children at home for a long time.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by TemmyT002(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14
So because the owner of the school is not related to you, you wan spoil his or her business?
Inform the person first and tell them you give them two weeks to make changes or you will report.
That is better.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Bahamas95(m): 3:14pm On Jul 14
RighteousDemon:

I take this as sarcasm.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by christejames(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14
ariesbull:
the one in Lagos ...

Nope, North Central...
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Exceed15: 3:18pm On Jul 14
Op what are you waiting for?
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by ceejay80s(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Pls report and save the lives of those kids,
I was residing at bariga before , the house was built in the 80s, government cut the building from front to expand road, and later cut the building again from back tfor canal,
The said build landlord added to make 2storey and still wanted to add another to make 3 storey on top old foundation, every 5am a big truck passes , the building will be wobbling, I confronted him , he said i shouldn't worry , his building is strong, to close eye sleep dey fear me, people stayed there because it was cheap, and u know bariga a water logged area,
I sent a message to the government and building control, in a few weeks they came and gave everyone quit notice after testing the build strength, I no waste time pack my load , slept in the office for weeks and my wife went to stay with my kid then at her parents house. As I dey find house , I was looking for bungalow, if I manage see a storey building, it has to be strong, thank God i got a bungalow in a peaceful environment now,
It's not easy, I believe dangote and bua cement quality has reduced, sometimes it's not the builder, they should be called

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by jojooo: 3:21pm On Jul 14
Pls report the school to
ministry of Education and ministry of land survey
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by galantjoe(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14
Please report this to police or education authority as anonymous tipoff
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by akpunda86: 3:24pm On Jul 14
christejames:
Please report it ASAP...

It's terrible the way buildings are now being constructed as if they is no agency across the country that inspects building construction. I'm in a CBN Quarters built in the '80s and you could feel and see the solidity in this building that it was built to last following every details. The material used are solid that it's now making me to imagine whether it's the same white people that still built this? Since we attribute anything good to them...

Nowadays buildings are riddled with fissures and even the walls are always pealing off, buildings of less than 4 years ooo, but this building of '80s has none of this issue.

The govt agency incharge of building construction and inspection across the country should be overhauled. Terrible people who cut corners to obtain their COREN certificates are now the ones incharge cry

Hi is not about COREN,Coren is rubbish I'm a contractor and a consultant and funny thing we attach 2 much significant to certifications than experience,you having your Coren does not mean you have the experience,I have 23 years experience in Engineering ,with my Coren just for jobs noting else,After a structural drawing done ,you see quacks on the roads stamping drawings and taking to approval and funny thing the public servants in various ministries with no training or experience approve the drawings ,next is movement to site with the quack approved drawing next calamity sets in,I don't see why somebody builds a house with several millions of naira but can't pay the consultants million plus
COREN is money oriented and not professionally oriented if I have the power I scrap it,have u ever seen their monitoring team ,how can a fresh graduate be monitoring a hotel complex yes with COREN but mechanical engineering. Lots of rubbish out there.
Seals should not be used for drawing approvals

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by akpunda86: 3:25pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Ebube monso school in obosi Anambra state that houses primary,secondary the structure no be ammmmmm will collapse one day
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by LAFOCUZY: 3:28pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Failure of building is as much a failure of institutions, SON, COREN, NSE etc as it is the designers, engineers and owners of the properties.

Have you gone to the market to see the size of 8mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm and 25mm reinforcement rods compared to what it used to be. They can't pass the carrying capacity they are supposed to have. If you build houses you will know.

How about the cement.?? No one is validating the quality of these materials.

We use to have technical school to train carpenters and mason under the city and guide certificate??

The reference document for structural design is the British standard just like American pharmecubia and British pharmacobia for drug making. The specifications are there. When the structural engineer designs a building based on those spec. What you get in the market is different. Substandard. So the load bearing capacity is reduced and the building may fail

What about the govt agencies.?? When you send drawing for review, the agencies are more concerned about the money they want to collect from you than review the design. Once you pay, the drawing is approved the next day. What is qualification, experience and manpower capacity of these approving agencies.

Multiple taxation during building, economic challenges and bad behaviour of nigerians, so the owner cut corners since they may not have all the monies to meet these demands, engineer is handling multiples sites and only spend 5min and use a mason as fore man.............and the list goes on

This is complex nigeria problem.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by lereinter(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14
Please contact a good FM radio in the state, report on twitter

You can paste anonymous report on paper and place in strategic area around the school
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by onadana: 3:30pm On Jul 14
BigDawsNet:

Don’t wait… just report already

Open a dummy email address and take a snap of the building and address… send it to the appropriate channel

Remember you will be saving lots of life

There is nothing to be done dummy,do the right thing.Report.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

do that as fast as possible as you won't forgive your self if children are killed letter on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) / WAEC Releases 2016 WASSCE Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.