Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,999 members, 7,987,581 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 01:00 PM

I Want To Report This School In My Area. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Report This School In My Area. (46239 Views)

Should I Report This Secondary School Students Always Making Love After School? / Drop A Comment When You See What's Wrong With This School Billboard / Can You Take Your Child To This School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Stevenbright(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:
There's this school in my area that started in 2017 with a small bungalow. Before it was just a Nursery and primary school but as of today the building is already a 4 storey building because they now have both secondary school.

From the look of this building you will know that its a disaster waiting to happen. There are visible cracks around the building which they always use plaster and paint to cover. I want to report it to the appropriate authority but I don't know how to do so.

File Photo used for illustration

Snap the building and make sure you capture those fault lines or cracks.

Also state clearly that the former bungalow was converted to four story building.

Create a new Facebook or X/twitter account. Post the narrative with this untraceable account and tag relevant state and federal government agencies. Tell them that they must take appreciate action now to save the lives of the students and teachers who use the building.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Restofmind: 3:41pm On Jul 14
What of Wazobia plaza Hotel & and night club.
Located at 25 Abeokuta street behind AP filling station Anifowose Ikeja Lagos.

That hotel and building is scary the appropriate ministry needs to check that hotel.
It's something else
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by benjida: 3:55pm On Jul 14
Please report the school quickly!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by JesusSonOfGod: 3:59pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:
There's this school in my area that started in 2017 with a small bungalow. Before it was just a Nursery and primary school but as of today the building is already a 4 storey building because they now have both secondary school.

From the look of this building you will know that its a disaster waiting to happen. There are visible cracks around the building which they always use plaster and paint to cover. I want to report it to the appropriate authority but I don't know how to do so.

Please report as fast as you can
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by kingxsamz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

No pictures of the building, no address. You're not serious.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Gigzz: 4:04pm On Jul 14
I am afraid something like this "might" happen in Maitama Abuja.

I watched a the story complex built and the beams that supported the structure were so tiny and looked like they will collapse in my estimation. I would not have believed that it will be used as a school. I thought it was meant to be a shopping complex!

Right now it is a full fledged secondary school with children attending and parents are non the wiser.

The school is allegedly owned by a former governor from the south east and allegedly a "philanthropist"; whose property recently collapsed this month also in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by BigDawsNet: 4:07pm On Jul 14
onadana:

There is nothing to be done dummy,do the right thing.Report.

Baba, what if they invite him to say what he saw …

You can’t trust Nigerian law enforcement in some aspects…

Just send a mail as an anonymous

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14
You really wanna take up the role of a snitch?

Just make sure it doesn't come back to you though.

You'd be saving lives BTW
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by lexy2014: 4:15pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

where are the pictures of the school you are talking about?
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Santalpharay: 4:33pm On Jul 14
Building collapse is no longer a joke in Nigeria and must be taken serious. Make your findings known to some key figures in your area. Even some of the parents of the school children should be alerted and they will take it from there hopefully.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by rollywise(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14
You can try o but I can tell you until disaster happens, that school will still be standing cuz even if appropriate authorities come, they'll be bribed with a fat envelope and they go back, end of business. Don't let your wards or that if anyone you know go there. The only way is snapping the school, she the signboard of the school and dump anonymously on social media let it trend. That's when government will attend to it without taking bribes
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by seanery: 4:38pm On Jul 14
Oga mind ur business.

Everyone get time table to their death. Either you report or not; when their time comes they go.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by aestake: 5:06pm On Jul 14
Anguldi:
All this mushroom schools and plaza springing upandan. Hotels and hospitals too😕
Govt failed to provide them and to supervise who provides them. Na to dey pray remain grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by aestake: 5:07pm On Jul 14
Santalpharay:
Building collapse is no longer a joke in Nigeria and must be taken serious seriously. Make your findings known to some key figures in your area. Even some of the parents of the school children should be alerted and they will take it from there hopefully.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by aestake: 5:08pm On Jul 14
seanery:
Oga mind ur business.

Everyone get time table to their death. Either you report or not; when their time comes they go.
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Originalsly: 5:31pm On Jul 14
If you can notice it means the relevant authorities have also noticed and are either unwilling to take action..... or were paid off to not take action. My advice is to call in to a radio or tv station ... they are always hungry for first to say.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Demajor2022: 5:31pm On Jul 14
Do the needful report them on time.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by incogni2o: 5:57pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Why not send a discrete message to the owner or contractor

You know the Government will take over necessary measures.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by ucbenjamin696(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14
This one dey find watin him go use trend....abeg get diz post out of here
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by tojahh(m): 6:08pm On Jul 14
This one never ready.

School name you no post
Address you no post
Picture you no post

You think say you dey wise.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by suolboy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

Report with a write up and pictures to the ministry of works of the state, copy COREN and NSE. They will take action. We have COREN and NSE offices in each state.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by suolboy(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14
Gigzz:
I am afraid something like this "might" happen in Maitama Abuja.

I watched a the story complex built and the beams that supported the structure were so tiny and looked like they will collapse in my estimation. I would not have believed that it will be used as a school. I thought it was meant to be a shopping complex!

Right now it is a full fledged secondary school with children attending and parents are non the wiser.

The school is allegedly owned by a former governor from the south east and allegedly a "philanthropist"; whose property recently collapsed this month also in Abuja.

Then it should be reported to FCDA, Department of Development control, copy COREN and NSE.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by onadana: 6:19pm On Jul 14
BigDawsNet:

Baba, what if they invite him to say what he saw …

You can’t trust Nigerian law enforcement in some aspects…

Just send a mail as an anonymous

Well you're right
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by MrAAA2: 6:22pm On Jul 14
Since this was seen some years ago, things that can prove your truths:
1. The authority should demand for the approval plan
2. Use Google street view, select the year (hopefully you find relevant year) and evidently, anyone would see the building and other nearby features.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by gaskiyamagana: 6:30pm On Jul 14
FromZeroToHero:

You will be an accomplice to murder of souls that are like to lose from that school if you don't give picture and location for government to do the needful.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by Pat081: 6:41pm On Jul 14
You don't have to tell us do the right thing and saves life of the lnncoent people
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by gotnel: 7:06pm On Jul 14
God help us.
Substandard buildings are the order of the day in Nigeria today.
Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by busvator(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14
If you have any errand to run in Benin City, I am available

You can WhatsApp me on👇

Re: I Want To Report This School In My Area. by opeldavid: 7:51pm On Jul 14
Pls report. Don't waste time. Save lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / OAU-Ife Lecturer, Foluke Ogunleye Is Dead / Optometry , Dentistry Or Physiotherapy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.