Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,638 members, 7,951,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Am I Infected With HIV?? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I Infected With HIV?? (45219 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / How I Got Infected With HIV / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Am I Infected With HIV?? by Eriokanmi: 1:52pm On Aug 01
ronet2:
Thanks for your encouragement. Just did another HIV test 3 months post exposure and result was negative. Hopefully,this will be it. Time to relax.
congrats. Please be careful ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Infected With HIV?? by Love800(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02
Hmm. This is serious.

Thanks so much.
ronet2:
HIV can be transmitted if their is presence of sore/ fresh wound. But be mindful, hepatitis is more dangerous and can be transmitted by sex,body contact,saliva and what not. To be on the save side,avoid kissing or kiss only person you know very well
Re: Am I Infected With HIV?? by ronet2: 6:32pm On Aug 03
You sound as you know much about HIV testing. I did a 3 month test recently and result was negative. Do you think I'm in the clear? Considering HIV 2 is more prevalent in Nigeria and some people are saying antibody takes more than 3 months to be detected. What's your take on this?
Brown2012:

I will start by saying ulcer can make you have all the listed symptoms you mentioned and more, ulcer is wicked. There is no means of getting infected if you practice Safe sex, which I believe you did from your story. Repeat the test after 3months or you can go for a PCR test it detects the virus even at window period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts About Laughing Gas And Why NDLEA Banned It / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) / Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.