Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,489 members, 7,895,080 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. (23591 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by favour32(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18
Why wives dey respect their pastors pass their husbands?
Ignorance!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by 3kay945(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18
osazsky:
everything is wrong...first and foremost she is suppose to fellowship in her husband church..now that two of them don't have bearing and direction who will thier children follow to chc..maybe them go dey alternate am..he is d head of the house and he makes the decision..a wife is suppose to be submissive and obedient...what do I know..most guys now na yanch they make them marry...I will cope..I will cope done scatter many homes

I only comment on her request bro... though was surprised they have different church.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by GboyegaD(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

We didn't discussed anything regarding name change during courtship, If I told her to change her name today, she'd do it. But she's supposed to know that I don't need to remind her and change it already, that's my pain.

Uncle, you will need grow up a bit. There's no law that states that a woman must pick up the husband's name. It is only an assumption and in marriage, assumption doesn't work. If this was a big deal, you should have discussed it. Since you did not, you can lead her to do it for you since you would want to. If you want her to change her name to yours, you should do it lovingly and not trying to lord it. The reason I am reiterating that most of the cheer leaders here are not married and have no idea what it means to have a good home.

BlindAngel:

My family are not dictating things in our home, I have insisted that my pastor must officiate the naming, but when my family heard that she said it's her pastor that must do it, they joined me in insisting that it must be done by our pastor.

Why must anyone join you in insisting who names your son? Is your pastor not a man like you? Why not for the sake of peace use a neutral pastor amongst your friends if you think you cannot name your son by yourself? Stop running your affairs with people. Truth is at the end, all consequences are borne by you and your spouse and not family members.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by aalangel(f): 10:08pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.

You've resolved the matter, but still brought it to Nairaland for sadists to scatter your family with stupid advice.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by osazsky(m): 10:12pm On Jul 18
GboyegaD:

Uncle, you will need grow up a bit. There's no law that states that a woman must pick up the husband's name. It is only an assumption and in marriage, assumption doesn't work. If this was a big deal, you should have discussed it. Since you did not, you can lead her to do it for you since you would want to. If you want her to change her name to yours, you should do it lovingly and not trying to lord it. The reason I am reiterating that most of the cheer leaders here are not married and have no idea what it means to have a good home.

Why must anyone join you in insisting who names your son? Is your pastor not a man like you? Why not for the sake of peace use a neutral pastor amongst your friends if you think you cannot name your son by yourself? Stop running your affairs with people. Truth is at the end, all consequences are borne by you and your spouse and not family members.
the parents already agreed on a particular name the bowl of contention now is who will officiate it...if u ask me,to settle this matter both of them should settle for any God fearing babalawo make everybody rest
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Singhabele: 10:12pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

Guy u need to stand ur ground . If u allow her backmsil u emotionally and u succumb sorty 4 you

Let her know u in charge . She can suggest but u mske d decusion and stand by it .

No single respect from ur wife this is red flag to kind of wife u have....

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by osazsky(m): 10:14pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

and who told u crying and Cs don't agree....all these stupid first son self..where una from come out
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by richcode: 10:15pm On Jul 18
Run. Conduct DNA n te said pastor that u v never seen b4 might b d father
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Aragon001: 10:16pm On Jul 18
I have been silently reading what almost all sensible and wise men on this platform have written and thus agree with them.
I have just a little advice for u:
1. Pls do DNA test ASAP!
2. STAND ur ground as the man of the house.
3. IF after doing the dna test and it is CONFIRMED 100% that the child is ur, pls chose a name yourself for the child. Let no one name ur child for u, not even family. Name the child urself!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Singhabele: 10:17pm On Jul 18
[quote author=GboyegaD post=131027886]

Why must anyone join you in insisting who names your son? Is your pastor not a man like you? Why not for the sake of peace use a neutral pastor amongst your friends if you think you cannot name your son by yourself? Stop running your affairs with people. Truth is at the end, all consequences are borne by you and your spouse and not family members.[/quote

She can suggest and u tske d decision..

Inshot 4 insisting u need go to ur pastor to handle it. This is how grsfuslly control is taken from ur hand by blackmailing u into submission..

One u stand ur ground 4 family intrest she will rrspect ypu and know wen her husband sayd something he means it .

Be serious..Womem will always adjust to d man who is d head ...No listen to advise of brining neutral pastor if u try it it will set bad precrdence...

Be in charge and in control of your home..
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Ayokequeen(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

She cried a lot yesterday because of our argument of this naming.

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.

Man I've read through you write-up here and I can say vividly where you got it all wrong. Yes I can say that you're trying to prove to be a man of peace by satisfying both sides; your wife and your family.
To start with, why on earth will you and your spouse be attending different churches? Did you even court at all, or was there no discussion about your family settings during courtship?

Now you're in between two forces trying to survive.

This is my candid advice and I believe it's the spirit of God sending me to you perhaps to save your marriage and at the same time regain your peace.

1. You need to first see yourself as the head of your family, not your wife nor your family members.

2. Make up your mind (not because of pressure from anybody) which church you and your immediate family want to attend.
Note: You may decide to choose your wife's church if you like it and their doctrine or your mother church (not recommended anyway) or choose a different church entirely.

3. In case you don't want to choose your wife's church, you have find a good time to visit her so-called pastor alone (without her consent) and discuss the whole matter with him. Let him realise that you have nothing against his church but you have your own choice and you would like your wife to join you there as the head of the family.
Believe me if the pastor is a true man of God he will understand and convince your wife to follow you to your church.

Hint: The pastor will try as much as possible to convince you to come and join your wife in his church but make him understand that it's your decision and he should please respect it.

God bless you, please be wise in dealing with these matter.

Never ever use force at any point, only wisdom is required.

Don't allow those already counting some number divorce of advice you on your marriage, it's a matter of time you will join the club.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by cassyrooy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.
Do not be unequivocally yoked with unbelievers is what the bible said but all these ones is man-worship and not godly in any guise.

You never stated your consideration before marriage.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by palsenator(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Rage on NAIRALAND

Lamb in the house....

You are caged bro
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Ayokequeen(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18
Man I've read through you write-up here and I can say vividly where you got it all wrong. Yes I can say that you're trying to prove to be a man of peace by satisfying both sides; your wife and your family.
To start with, why on earth will you and your spouse be attending different churches? Did you even court at all, or was there no discussion about your family settings during courtship?

Now you're in between two forces trying to survive.

This is my candid advice and I believe it's the spirit of God sending me to you perhaps to save your marriage and at the same time regain your peace.

1. You need to first see yourself as the head of your family, not your wife nor your family members.

2. Make up your mind (not because of pressure from anybody) which church you and your immediate family want to attend.

Note: You may decide to choose your wife's church if you like it and their doctrine or your mother church (not recommended anyway) or choose a different church entirely.

3. In case you don't want to choose your wife's church, you have find a good time to visit her so-called pastor alone (without her consent) and discuss the whole matter with him. Let him realise that you have nothing against his church but you have your own choice and you would like your wife to join you there as the head of the family.
Believe me if the pastor is a true man of God he will understand and convince your wife to follow you to your church.

Hint: The pastor will try as much as possible to convince you to come and join your wife in his church but make him understand that it's your decision and he should please respect it.

God bless you, please be wise in dealing with these matter.

Never ever try to use force at any point, only wisdom is required.

Don't allow those already counting some number of divorce advice you about marriage, it's a matter of time you will join the club.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by joseph1832(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18
postmann:

The lapses didn't start here. It started with all your previous compromises, including not bringing her under your church upon marrying her.
Even at that, I'd say the guy didn't cement his hold on the relationship by getting her to accept him as the leader of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by whytediamond(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Wise up my bro.

Women are masters in making you feel guilty for their own wickedness and insensitivity.

You know why God made you the man? You're valuable. Don't allow her guilt-trip you.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Kirchoffs: 10:28pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

It seems I have been too easy and quiet on her, I will do as you say and ban her from going to that church and if she refused, she should pack her load and go back to her parents house, I have really condole enough of her rubbish and tears at any slight arguments.

I paid 396k for her cs operation, and no where my name or surname appeared on the receipt that was given to me, it's her name and her father's name that was on it. This is because after marriage she has not changed her surname to my name, this hurt me a lot because her elder sister that is just a baby mama to her boyfriend has already changed her Facebook sur name to her boyfriend surname. Whereas my wife is still answering her father's name, I have told myself that if she can't think and do this willingly, I will never and ever confront her concerning this.

I have been allowing her to do whatever she want but this, she has over stepped her boundaries, seems I have been too easy on her.
Nairaland advisers Don make your prick strong grin grin wicked man
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by joseph1832(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18
aalangel:

You've resolved the matter, but still brought it to Nairaland for sadists to scatter your family with stupid advice.
resolved how? It didn't occur to you the wife is using cheap emotional blackmail to blackmail him, and will always continue to use it to blackmail him into agreeing to her frivolous demands.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by nighthawk1: 10:32pm On Jul 18
Namaster:
First of all, do you mean she wants her pastor to CHOOSE the name of your baby or OFFICIATE the naming ceremony?

Secondly, do a DNA test to confirm rhat you'll not be raising the bastard son of her pastor. This woman obviously WORSHIPS her pastor. It's not UNIMAGINABLE that she's tendered her pussy as offering one or two times.

Next you need to face the fact that a SCAMMER (the pastor) and a STRANGE man (still the pastor) exerts more INFLUENCE in your marriage than you do. And ask yourself whether you still want to be in that marriage.

A strange man holds the remote control to your relationship. Your marriage subsists by his will. Are you okay with that?

NEXT, she is blatantly MANIPULATING you without remorse. You are NOT responsible for the complications that led to the C-Section. Even if it's because the baby is too big because you are a big man, it's still NOT your fault.

Her eyes were wild open when she CHOSE to marry you and have your child. If it's yours, that is.

STOP letting her use child birth as an ammo for manipulating you. Because if you capitulate today, you best belive she'll NEVER stop. Next she'll weaponise the child.

Then her next pregnancy would be a NUCLEAR weapon. Everything you previously disagreed on would be tabled again UNTIL she has her way. Maybe she'll demand you DONATE your house to her pastor and rent a room and parlour for yourself.

Put your foot down and DON'T even compromise. Don't allow her pastor to be involved in ANYWAY when it comes to naming the child unless DNA proves the child is his.

Well said given recent revelations as to paternity and infidelity.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by davies(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18
Bros.. You're a damn Pussy being manipulated by a Pussy all for a Pussy
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Angrymode: 10:34pm On Jul 18
Your wife married you.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by YemyTemmy: 10:37pm On Jul 18
nothing wey you go tell wey i go believe say no be pastor get that pikin
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Fashdeejay(m): 10:38pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

the most common way women manipulate men is with tears .... That being said, you wife literally just made enemies with your extended family. Your decision should stamd but you dont have to force it, you gently talk her into it. If not there is problem.... Also do a DNA, just to be on the safe side. No matter the name she calls you... She didnt impregnate herself, so except you are not the father of the child, you have the final say as to how you want to name your child.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by HELLASJ(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18
This post is fabricated.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Yelight(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18
Both of you were wrongly counselled before you got married. You're already late here man. How come your wife has a Pastor you don't know and where as she been worshipping before now, your Church or hers? I just hope this is not the beginning of a long season film in your marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by femmy2010(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

This is just the beginning.
She is a confirmed manipulator. It would only get worse.
Many men have seen this exact type of scenario play itself out.
Love your wife greatly but with your eyes open to see what you should see.
Good luck with the pastor from out of space.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by BaddaMan: 10:54pm On Jul 18
Cancel the naming

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by sidonlook: 10:54pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

As a couple, you should worship together in one church and under same pastor and values
Where will your children worship? She will take them to her church and one day you will be thrown out of your own house.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by femmy2010(m): 10:56pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Thanks for your input, what I actually meant is that she insist on her pastor officiating the naming ceremony. Which she's always crying endlessly whenever we start arguing about It.

Kindly confirm this, Is her mom not living with her dad ? or does her Dad have little or no say in his home?
Please Look up @OKANSTALK on Facebook or Instagram. see some of his old videos for about 1 hour and thank Me later
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Akell(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

We both have agreed on the name, she suggested it and i agreed, though it pains me that I wasn't the one that came up with the name fully, but we've already agreed and changing my mind right now will lead to an heavy quarrel and lot's of endless crying from her. That I'm wicked and heartless that after we've both agreed, I changed things.

You sound too simple (a weakling) for my liking. With your first post and this, you seem not to be in control of your home. More like, you're the wife. If you could compromise on important things like this, she'll continue to take you for a ride and there's NOTHING you'd be able to do about it.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by bluebay(m): 11:00pm On Jul 18
It's usually done by the fathers pastor then the dedication is done by wife's pastor

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / End of story.

Viewing this topic: wagesofsin, StUriah(m), vanitybutiwanti, Maeve7, Cotonou12, Tharmon, Amakah01, HAPPINESSWEALTH(f), NeeKlaus and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.