Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,325 members, 7,925,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. (27551 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by TempUser: 12:59am On Jul 19
grin I've read this post and all I could do was laugh...

NOBODY TRIES THAT SHIT WITH ME. NOT EVEN GIRLFRIEND, LET ALONE WIFE!

Non ducor, duco!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:59am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

It seems I have been too easy and quiet on her, I will do as you say and ban her from going to that church and if she refused, she should pack her load and go back to her parents house, I have really condole enough of her rubbish and tears at any slight arguments.

I paid 396k for her cs operation, and no where my name or surname appeared on the receipt that was given to me, it's her name and her father's name that was on it. This is because after marriage she has not changed her surname to my name, this hurt me a lot because her elder sister that is just a baby mama to her boyfriend has already changed her Facebook sur name to her boyfriend surname. Whereas my wife is still answering her father's name, I have told myself that if she can't think and do this willingly, I will never and ever confront her concerning this.

I have been allowing her to do whatever she want but this, she has over stepped her boundaries, seems I have been too easy on her.
you are very immature. It's clear that you were not ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:01am On Jul 19
acevic:
[b][/b]She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

Above is the reason why you are the source of your problem.
Your family is deciding for your immediate family.
That’s the main reason your wife is objecting to your decision. She strongly believes it’s not really your decision.
but it isn't his decision. He is allowing his family toss him Ugandan, why can't the wife do the same?
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by DUNDEEmoderatos: 1:03am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

We both have agreed on the name, she suggested it and i agreed, though it pains me that I wasn't the one that came up with the name fully, but we've already agreed and changing my mind right now will lead to an heavy quarrel and lot's of endless crying from her. That I'm wicked and heartless that after we've both agreed, I changed things.
If you are not careful your wife will end up controlling you. I see you as a man that falls for cheap emotional blackmail.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:06am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

Worst of it all I have already started hearing storing flying around that she's controlling me, all because I gave in for her to allow her pastor officiate the wedding.

I refused and she told me that my mom is controlling me, even though my mom has absolutely nothing to do for me wanting our pastor to do the naming. I, my mom and all my siblings are attending same church, so that's the manipulating word she used for me and I agreed for her pastor to officiate it, I agreed because if another ear should hear such word, It'd spread out and people might believe it's true.

As for she answering my surname, I have already promised myself not to confront her about it, because I expect her to do that immediately after our marriage. But until this very moment she's still answering her father's name.
I don't think this lady respects you. At all. You might have to buckle up
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:09am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

I'm the one paying the bills of course, yesterday I was angry and told her to buy all the maltina and meat pie then she can call her pastor to officiate the naming. She went silent and started calling me wicked, and heartless. I spent almost 400k on her CS spent 73k on the naming but it's time to make a decision and she want to make it.

During our marriage, her mother refused to appear in the church because I said I won't do court marriage, I saw it on my wife chat with her elder sister, she said her mom said she won't come because I'm thinking rubbish by not doing court marriage. And truly she didn't come.
This is immaturity. Strangers online do not need to know your wife's family issues. You are not trustworthy at all.

I don't think your marriage will survive if both of you don't change.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by superCleanworks(m): 1:09am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.
You have started what you can't finish. keep your anger in your pocket since you can't put your foot down.
Be ready to have a house of secrets because marriage is for a very long time and she has a different crowd & leader who she revers and confides in, that means there are many things you that you would have no idea about while her pastor already knows the full detail from inception.

Cheers.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by superCleanworks(m): 1:15am On Jul 19
DrFunmisticGlow:
I don't think this lady respects you. At all. You might have to buckle up
He has already set a precedent that should not have existed and she has quickly started to plant her garden on it. At this point, destroying that garden because he wants to CHANGE DIRECTION would award him all the blame and backlash.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by OCHKESTINE(m): 1:20am On Jul 19
Your first mistake was allowing her continue attending her church after marriage.

Once women know you are weak with authority, they will dare you on many aspects.

At the initial stage of my marriage,I deliberately insisted on things my way not because it's the best, but with time she understood it will always be my call and hers to suggest. Years after, she has learned to run things by me and wait for my consent.

If you like continue dey simp, she will do worse

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by 43Ronin: 1:21am On Jul 19
You better do a DNA to be sure it's not her pastors baby.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by superCleanworks(m): 1:21am On Jul 19
Coldspice:

You're not a man.

That guy has no idea. He is on a sea without a compass and the waves are just directing his movement for him. Robinson Crusoe must be laughing at him right now.
I feel sad for him tho, making all these mistakes in the foundation of the marriage is going to come with a heavy bill later. The bill MUST come.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by samuelson06(m): 1:26am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

She cried a lot yesterday because of our argument of this naming.

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.

I blame you 100%. You started on a wrong foot. You should've ironed out the church issue before getting married to her. It's very wrong for a husband and wife to attend separate churches. Be very careful and pray hard. The marriage may just be heading for a fall without even taking off.

Women loves switching to do something willingly and as a man, you should be smart to walk away if their choices doesn't favor you and you don't coerce them in any way into accepting your choice. Above all, a heart decision is what keeps a relationship going without problems.

I sense that you did so much to have your wife accept you and that your effort is beggining to fight you now. You should've allowed the young woman to make her choices willingly, and not telling her they won't be problems about where she choose to worship. For what's happening now, she'll always want to have her way when it comes to church issues.

I'll suggest to you to begin worshipping in her church too to keep the marriage. That way you'll be able to carefully monitor things closely.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by BarrElChapo(m): 1:34am On Jul 19
Nna mehn, no just marry woman wey pass you cos wtf 😬
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by samuelson06(m): 1:35am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

It seems I have been too easy and quiet on her, I will do as you say and ban her from going to that church and if she refused, she should pack her load and go back to her parents house, I have really condole enough of her rubbish and tears at any slight arguments.

I paid 396k for her cs operation, and no where my name or surname appeared on the receipt that was given to me, it's her name and her father's name that was on it. This is because after marriage she has not changed her surname to my name, this hurt me a lot because her elder sister that is just a baby mama to her boyfriend has already changed her Facebook sur name to her boyfriend surname. Whereas my wife is still answering her father's name, I have told myself that if she can't think and do this willingly, I will never and ever confront her concerning this.

I have been allowing her to do whatever she want but this, she has over stepped her boundaries, seems I have been too easy on her.

Don't break your marriage. You've invested so much in it already. Dialogue with her and if possible, attend a marriage counseling with her so someone else can also talk sense into her. Using force won't yield the result you want.

Most of the issues you are facing now ought to have been resolved during courtship. Now that you guys are married, you must learn to swallow a lot, while continuing to engage her in dialogue as husband and wife. Above all, pray for your family and everything will be fine. You ain't going through what you can't bear.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Nemesis08(m): 1:37am On Jul 19
You are a true son of your father. I wish I could just buy you a bottle of cold beer
vanvickie:
Continue giving room for manipulations...

Someday the pastor will also be the one to determine something more than just the name of your child... BTW.. Ain't both of u supposed to be attending the same Church? Smh.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Nemesis08(m): 1:37am On Jul 19
Real talk from a real man
Namaster:
First of all, do you mean she wants her pastor to CHOOSE the name of your baby or OFFICIATE the naming ceremony?

Secondly, do a DNA test to confirm rhat you'll not be raising the bastard son of her pastor. This woman obviously WORSHIPS her pastor. It's not UNIMAGINABLE that she's tendered her pussy as offering one or two times.

Next you need to face the fact that a SCAMMER (the pastor) and a STRANGE man (still the pastor) exerts more INFLUENCE in your marriage than you do. And ask yourself whether you still want to be in that marriage.

A strange man holds the remote control to your relationship. Your marriage subsists by his will. Are you okay with that?

NEXT, she is blatantly MANIPULATING you without remorse. You are NOT responsible for the complications that led to the C-Section. Even if it's because the baby is too big because you are a big man, it's still NOT your fault.

Her eyes were wild open when she CHOSE to marry you and have your child. If it's yours, that is.

STOP letting her use child birth as an ammo for manipulating you. Because if you capitulate today, you best belive she'll NEVER stop. Next she'll weaponise the child.

Then her next pregnancy would be a NUCLEAR weapon. Everything you previously disagreed on would be tabled again UNTIL she has her way. Maybe she'll demand you DONATE your house to her pastor and rent a room and parlour for yourself.

Put your foot down and DON'T even compromise. Don't allow her pastor to be involved in ANYWAY when it comes to naming the child unless DNA proves the child is his.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Bimmiie(f): 1:40am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

If only you know the daily cry, you would understand why I bowed to the pressure of getting married to her, which I'm still regretting until date everytime I think that I'm married to someone that I don't love, and worst still not sexually attracted to, it hurts me a lot everytime I think about it, our marriage is just 4 months and I have already started regretting everytime I think that I'm married and I don't have 1% love for who I'm married to, it would still be good if I'm sexually attracted to her, but I'm not. I'm so deeply hurt.

Omo, I’m not married at the moment but with what you said here ehnn you are to blame. Since you married out of pity, you’ll definitely face the consequences. I don’t believe in pressure this or that cos you are grown and know your wrong from right. Therefore, you’re responsible for every decision you make.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by ihavesense: 1:41am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.
Chai!!! You are a weak man oo
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by tsnoop(m): 1:42am On Jul 19
Stand ur grounds and inform her family about her decision..

Well check our profile for super clean cars and original electronics
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by hilaryCU(m): 2:01am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

We both have agreed on the name, she suggested it and i agreed, though it pains me that I wasn't the one that came up with the name fully, but we've already agreed and changing my mind right now will lead to an heavy quarrel and lot's of endless crying from her. That I'm wicked and heartless that after we've both agreed, I changed things.
This lady is manipulating you too much. You better put your foot down. Let her cry her eyes out, you are leaving too much room for her already.

As for her pastor doing the naming ceremony, allow it this time but don't let it repeat it again. Also, if she is those that worship her pastor, try to curtail the level of influence he might have over her as regards your marriage. They equally have challenges in theirs and every marriage has it's peculiar problems. Not all advice from them are viable.

Stop, letting her manipulate you or it won't stop.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by specialbobby(m): 2:03am On Jul 19
Guy wetin dey worry you people way don get martial experience pass you dey give you OT you still dey mumu? Just tell her you have changed your mind that you won't be able to do the naming ceremony again that you will just buy cabin biscuit and your dad will come with his pastor with few family members to do low-key naming for the boy then if she refused sent her back to her father's house her mum is the main problem of all this you are facing and if she refused to obey you know that the baby belong to the pastor.
Your wife get her mum blood one day you go catch her with another man or people will tell you for area man up and reason go front
Set CCTV camera in your house that works 24/7 get inverter if there no stable electricity never allow her to off it set in a place that once anyone set foot in your house you can see the person even if you are in UK warned her that anyday she stepped out of the house without your permission then she shouldn't come back to your house accept to be a wicked husband let her call you all names she like ode ni won like (na mumu they dey like) no gree and lastly tell her if you ever see the so call pastor number on her phone that day marriage don end simple

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by specialbobby(m): 2:27am On Jul 19
I am a Muslim when I get married to my wife I got a job for her and Alfa tell her not to do the job that she should be coming to asalatu and night vigil the worse one nah make she come him house for 3days prayer she no go go out Lol me way no well before grin grin I place TOTAL BAN on asalatu and and anything that have to do with any Alfa except Friday jumath prayer and come back home imidiamant after prayer I no dey hear story she report me to the both family and when they asked me i simply tell them that's how I want to run my home I no choose for anybody and nobody go choose for me she cry cry I no send na like a month she take dey reason me dey call me names and I agreed to be wicked oo. Lady's and gentle men the funniest thing is that nobody even me no Sabi the Alfa way officiate my first born naming na on naming day I approach one elderly Ghanaian man to tell his Alfa to come name my daughter if I see the Alfa for road now I no Sabi am but him self fvck up Sha him con use me make money, guys my second born way be boy oo no body name am I suggest 3 Islamic names of my choice for wifey
to choose one and she add Yoruba name of her choice and me I put my own egun name too then I buy coasta buiscuit we shop and move on no time if I don get money I go kill sunah ram for him. #ireooo #mahu na kpon mi

No be say money no dey for the Sunnah oo I dey try avoid too much talk

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by ceejay80s(m): 2:34am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

Oga be a man and stop whining,
U decide the church ur wife goes not her,
Or she should go and marry the church
Let me be honest with u, that pastor have slept with ur wife, believe it or not
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by ceejay80s(m): 2:36am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

U be mumu
Ur first child?
Or ur pastors child?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by enemachris(m): 2:43am On Jul 19
This OP is a weak man and the wife knows that hence she's using emotional blackmail on him. Continue paying attention to her crocodile tears, I hope she doesn't take you to your early grave.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by kumbhuru: 2:59am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

I'm the one paying the bills of course, yesterday I was angry and told her to buy all the maltina and meat pie then she can call her pastor to officiate the naming. She went silent and started calling me wicked, and heartless. I spent almost 400k on her CS spent 73k on the naming but it's time to make a decision and she want to make it.

During our marriage, her mother refused to appear in the church because I said I won't do court marriage, I saw it on my wife chat with her elder sister, she said her mom said she won't come because I'm thinking rubbish by not doing court marriage. And truly she didn't come.
You are in deep shit. You aren't sexually attracted to her but impregnated her. Smh
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by blahc007: 3:13am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

This your madam de use tears hol you for work o.
Na real blackmail be this.....bro you are in trouble like this.
Small argument she go cry, people go think say u no de do your work well as a father....nawa.

May the Lord send you emotional help and support to handle this kind of woman...it won't be easy o

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Slurity(m): 3:20am On Jul 19
BELIEVE ME, IF YOU AGREE WITH HER. YOU ARE A FOOL
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by blahc007: 3:23am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:

Since your parents in-laws are alive, organize a private meeting with both of them...table the matter on ground.

Her father should be sensible enough to understand your pains and they should talk to there daughter.....if not for anything, for her health sake....cos all this cry cry and nagging go de affect her mental health.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Collins4u1(m): 3:24am On Jul 19
You've already lost by agreeing.

Next is DNA
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by obaidan: 3:29am On Jul 19
Sapasenator:
Next, she will insist her pastor watch while you guys fvuck.
Nigerians and the worship of pastors, very disgusting.

then next, she will insist the husband watch while the pastor fvcks her

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by obaidan: 3:34am On Jul 19
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
ODE she dey bully u for house, she dey manipulate u, u come online come dey form rage. u wrote plenty things up there and all i kept seeing was, my family wants us to do it this way, my wife wants us to do it this way, i pity that boy u are about to raise....anyways that is if your wife does not donate the child to her pastor(who may as well be the real father of the child)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.