Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,143 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. (23826 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by maxiuc(m): 7:33am
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

She cried a lot yesterday because of our argument of this naming.

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.
I Am planing to Marry a Catholic and she gave me a wish that I should come wed her in her church and that wedding is like a good-bye to her Catholic foundation as she has joined a new family, oga so far you came to her church and Marry her she has no business with her former church again
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Mavor: 7:35am
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
Go and do DNA test. Stop allowing another man, whether he is a pastor or the president to run the affairs of your own home.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by drnoel: 7:35am
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The respect these women accord to their pastors,I wish they can give the same to their husbands,most marriages that had broken up would have at least seen the light of the day..

Mr. Man,you better man up and never give any mother fvcker disguising to be called by God to play your role as the man of the house, unless she's hiding something from you undecided

Make God no give me wife wey go dey obsessed with any daddy G.O cha, because I know for sure I won't condone that...

It's the man that allows that rubbish. There is no reason for a woman to give more respect to her pastor than her husband
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Augustine2244(m): 7:36am
BlindAngel:

It seems I have been too easy and quiet on her, I will do as you say and ban her from going to that church and if she refused, she should pack her load and go back to her parents house, I have really condole enough of her rubbish and tears at any slight arguments.

I paid 396k for her cs operation, and no where my name or surname appeared on the receipt that was given to me, it's her name and her father's name that was on it. This is because after marriage she has not changed her surname to my name, this hurt me a lot because her elder sister that is just a baby mama to her boyfriend has already changed her Facebook sur name to her boyfriend surname. Whereas my wife is still answering her father's name, I have told myself that if she can't think and do this willingly, I will never and ever confront her concerning this.

I have been allowing her to do whatever she want but this, she has over stepped her boundaries, seems I have been too easy on her.
That's exactly what you should do, brother.Stamp your foot down firmly as the head of the house and never shift ground.
Give her the options of disocciate from the church and pastor and going back to her father's house.
There are a lot of good and submissive women out there who can replace her in your life.
Don't give in to her manipulation anymore,or she would continue taking you for a ride.
Most important, conduct a DNA TEST on the child to ensure that you are not raising a product of the pastor's semen.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Germi9: 7:36am
A pastor have no right or whatsoever to name or dedicate your children. These are men that have lots of iniquities in their hands. Your both parents if they are still alive are the bonafide people to pray and unleash blessings on your children. Leave pastors alone!!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Exceed15: 7:37am
Listen to me bro. It's not about the CS . My wife had 2 different CS too. It's about her "will" taking stand. She's been brainwashed by her pastor.Stand your ground else you loose your authority on more subsequent matters at home. Good luck.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Exceed15: 7:42am
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.

It's not too late to deliver yourself from her grip over you. If she continues frustrating you in that marriage file for divorce. Trust me her brain resets quick. After all she begged you into it.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by proff010: 7:43am
Dont ever allow this to happen. You must name your child. Haaaaà
What sort of nonsense is this, she is manipulating you.
You better stand your ground now, if it amount to scattering everything now is good than crying later
BlindAngel:

We both have agreed on the name, she suggested it and i agreed, though it pains me that I wasn't the one that came up with the name fully, but we've already agreed and changing my mind right now will lead to an heavy quarrel and lot's of endless crying from her. That I'm wicked and heartless that after we've both agreed, I changed things.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Malawian(m): 7:45am
Do DNA Test o.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by The1960writer: 7:49am
And the best thing is to come to this platform and seek the opinions of strangers, especially some very immature lunatics in here who derive joy in ruining the lives of others through making unguarded, foolish comments?

I want to believe this post is a hoax, perhaps to drive traffic. If indeed it is real, you're setting your young marriage up for doom like one of the nairalanders here who posted about his marriage from the start till it crashed because he took the advice of some faceless numbskulls.

Welcome to fatherhood. Having children in marriage is a big deal, and understanding, communication and healthy compromise is needed. Couples tend to have issues especially after having the first child, sometimes there may be 'power struggles'. Why not consider using your house premises or somewhere neutral and invite both pastors? Or you could just let it go, it won't reduce your worth. How come you're even using your extended family's pastor? Don't you have a church you and your wife both attend?

All these issues wouldn't have been a problem if you both walked in agreement from the start. It seems to me your marriage was built on the foundation of contention. You and wife disagreeing about court wedding and your mother-in-law deciding not to show up at your church wedding? Brother, it doesn't look good to me. Whether you choose to go for only traditional wedding, you both should have discussed it from the beginning. This is why it is important to prioritize understanding your partner and agreeing about important issues before marriage.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by sweetkev(m): 7:50am
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
If you allow her pastor to name the baby, you will regret it for the rest of your life. Your family, especially your parents will see you as a simp and a fool for allowing that in the first place but they wouldn't say anything in order to keep your marriage. This was the same thing that happened to me. You better revert and stood your ground. You are a man, so don't let her use CS and crying to decieve you . I pray this your marriage last self.

Six months after the naming, let her know she must attend your church but if she insisted, serve her a divorce paper. She will have two options, either a divorce or attend your church. Believe me, if she accepts to attend your church, she will respect you as a man in the long run. WOMEN HATE WEAK MEN deep within their mind but they won't tell you.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by proff010: 7:53am
You better be man right now, I wish I can see you face to face you will see what I will do to your face like, are you a mumu or what. I will slap sense to your brain. Haaaaà I don't even know what to say self
BlindAngel:

It seems I have been too easy and quiet on her, I will do as you say and ban her from going to that church and if she refused, she should pack her load and go back to her parents house, I have really condole enough of her rubbish and tears at any slight arguments.

I paid 396k for her cs operation, and no where my name or surname appeared on the receipt that was given to me, it's her name and her father's name that was on it. This is because after marriage she has not changed her surname to my name, this hurt me a lot because her elder sister that is just a baby mama to her boyfriend has already changed her Facebook sur name to her boyfriend surname. Whereas my wife is still answering her father's name, I have told myself that if she can't think and do this willingly, I will never and ever confront her concerning this.

I have been allowing her to do whatever she want but this, she has over stepped her boundaries, seems I have been too easy on her.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by aalangel(f): 7:55am
joseph1832:
resolved how? It didn't occur to you the wife is using cheap emotional blackmail to blackmail him, and will always continue to use it to blackmail him into agreeing to her frivolous demands.

Don't "put mouth" in husband and wife matter. They'll use you and settle. Some of these stories are not even true. People are just cruising here.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by shilz(f): 7:57am
Stand your ground and be a man, this isn’t an issue you should be stressing over.when it’s time for naming get your family pastor to do it,start setting boundaries to regain your respect now before it’s too late..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by BabaHenry(m): 8:15am
BlindAngel:

Mr Man
What the fvck did I just read now ? shocked shocked
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by joseph1832(m): 8:20am
aalangel:

Don't "put mouth" in husband and wife matter. They'll use you and settle. Some of these stories are not even true. People are just cruising here.
whether the story is true or not, we follow the narrative and judge, when they make their "husband and wife" matter (that is suppose to be private) public.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by maduxs: 8:22am
Stop her from going to that church. Be a man
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Tommydare(m): 8:26am
This is why it is important to attend the same church. And maybe something is fishy with your wife cos I don't understand why someone will make such a fuss because of some pastor. And that crying and talking about her cs and shit is just to manipulate you to gree for her. Abi wetin concern cs with na my pastor go name my child. Sometimes, you must not look uche face.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by afribabe: 8:29am
BABANGBALI:
curse and cause are boat correct. One is a British English, while the other one is American English. I chose to use the American English which is my mother tongue.
oh! I see.. okay
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by afribabe: 8:32am
aalangel:

very possible. Someone that was boasting of sleeping with 42 abi 44 prostitutes and looking for penile enlargement stuff because he wants to shift womb to get to oesophagus undecided
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by worldclass68(m): 8:53am
BlindAngel:

Her mom already left their father when they were still young, she was brought up by a single mom.

Last year someone told me that while they were still married her mom was bringing small boys into their matrimonial bed to sex, on the day of our traditional marriage, one mama that lives close to where I lives called me to the corner and said she has a lot to tell me, after the traditional marriage I went to see her and she told me that my wife elder sister is doing runs which I I'm very much aware of, because she came to visit me one day, her and my wife that was when she was still my girlfriend, and she was boosting that no boy will and can ever Bleep her for free. Even her post on whatsapp status is all about sex and Bleep, smoke etc.

She told me also that her mom was once bringing young boys into their house while still married that she lived close to her before.

I didn't noticed any of this trait on my wife, "then girlfriend" and I haven't still noticed despite monitoring and cloning her WhatsApp.

And u went ahead to marry from such family?
Abeg this story nah made up story....not real!
Cuz if nah real story o.....from what u re typing so far,
you re the DUMBEST man ever.....
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by faithfull18(f): 8:57am
Be careful of bad advice, this issue isn't a big deal. Both of you are suppose to be attending the same Church to begin with.

And there's nothing wrong with her retaining her maiden name, what were you guys talking about during courtship Or you just got her pregnant Changing maiden name in Nigeria is stressful and not everybody is ready to go through it.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by jaszplus12(m): 9:05am
BlindAngel:

This is why I never trust tears from women, it's 99% manipulation and 1% water!
My advice, allow her pastor to do whatever but sit her down after and lay down some rules and be careful to not sound angry. Reason is women harbor your words and actions and give it back when you're eventually helpless either by age or economy!
The longest marriages are by those where the man chooses to be the "fool" in the marriage.
But the man has an advantage that I won't mention here.... only the experienced will know....
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Blacksavage: 9:06am
Alaye do DAN ooj
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by D4gmail1: 9:06am
D4gmail1:

I am the best person to advise you because my wife did exactly the same thing until I used iron hand (authority hand) to cub her. The only difference is that my wife is not from a single mother, but she was a spoilt brat who believes she should always have what she wants and she never likes to be corrected.

The pathetic part of this matter is that she just put to bed. There is an old saying "When mosquito land on your testicle, you will remember there gentle ways of resolving delicate matter.".

1. You have done well by first considering she just put to bed and through CS. She may be going through hormonal changes and psychological trauma which has been proven to affect a woman's behaviour before birth and after birth.

2. Based on all the stories I have read that you wrote, do a DNA test. I am not saying that your wife cheats on you. But this will help you know if your patience is worth the sacrifice.

3. You have already allowed something to go too far. I cannot say you should call a family meeting since your mother-in-law is useless. Since you have already agreed to her terms, then allow this one slide for peace sake.

4. Call your wife to order, by first enforcing the changing of name. Second, let her know there can not be two captains in a ship. Therefore your authority must stand in the house. If she cannot accept that fact, then she should go back to her mother.

5. Start standing your grounds, if she wants to cry. Let her cry. She will start getting used to it.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:14am
If you make the mistake of taking advise from some badly raised guy$ here, be ready because your marriage will scatter. I feel for the new born baby.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by IamHonourable1: 9:15am
BlindAngel:

You don't seem to be a man but a simp.Keep dancing to the tunes of a woman, only time would tell the end.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by stainzvill(m): 9:24am
Who is the man of the house again?
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by nathpope(m): 9:26am

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready. [/quote]

It is obvious your wife has known your mumu button to be her cry..
She will keep crying till you do what is not your will to do..
She knows you will just fume and grunt but nothing will come out of it than you do her will on whatever matter you guys are arguing about.

Be wise mr man.. Stop being a blindangel..
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by dannex4adx(m): 9:26am
BlindAngel:

Your are a weak and a finished man. Your wife is more wiser than you, that's why she manipulate you because you still have a primitive brain. She uses her nonsense tears to manipulate you just like witchcraft. I don't want to waste my advice because you will not follow it. Your wife is in control of your life. There is danger ahead for a man that allows his wife to be controlling/manipulate him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

2 Siblings Burnt To Death In Jesse Down In Delta Today(graphic Photos) / The Two Boys Kidnapped By Their Nanny In Lagos Have Been Found / If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did?

Viewing this topic: DirtyGold, Smadeinc, Damres, engineboy12, Drsnives(m), Mentholated and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.