Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,905 members, 7,906,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? (38758 Views)

Opay Loan: How To Apply For Okash Loan, Everything You Need To Know About Okash / Beware of Okash Loan App / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Easybet1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19
Please, what can I do to stop Okash from calling me?
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

I don't understand why they are so persistent in trying to force a loan on me.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

please mod help me move it to the front page

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by ProjectNEXT(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19
If only if i see who go call me to come and borrow loan

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by sonssyo(f): 5:00pm On Jul 19
those guys are evil, they have been calling me too, I don't do anything with them, yet repeated calls everywhere asking for assistance.
The ones I have account with, I have threatened them to close the account , out of the three, one have successfully deleted my account while I'm still following up on the other two.
The calls are very annoying I tell you...

I have told my sister who is a lawyer about it thou, they are very useless entity

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Everyday247: 5:05pm On Jul 19
Easybet1:
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

cc: seun

Abandon your sim card. It's the only way. sad

20 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Fisiryorh(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19
Get Truecaller oh...

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by maestro299: 5:49pm On Jul 19
It's likely you're registered with that SIM number on the app.
Just keep on blocking the numbers that call. As far as you didn't take a loan from them then you shouldn't have any compunctions doing so.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Easybet1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19
maestro299:
It's likely you're registered with that SIM number on the app.
Just keep on blocking the numbers that call. As far as you didn't take a loan from them then you shouldn't have any compunctions doing so.
I have never registered on any of the loan shark before and I will never do so. How they got my number is what I don't understand. I have like 50 of their numbers in my blocklist. Only God knows how many number they have, they keep calling with another number everyday.

So annoying

44 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by wittywriter: 7:13pm On Jul 19
ProjectNEXT:
If only if i see who go call me to come and borrow loan
How much do you have borrowing intent for?

Wittyness
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by DrManHattan1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19
wittywriter:

How much do you have borrowing intent for?

Wittyness
boss u fit lend me 4k wen dey pay alawee i pay back? Biko.. SIR? I promise u dat i wil pay back wittywriter

5 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ebigwei007: 10:00pm On Jul 19
If you are using andriod phone, go to ur sim setting, then you will see a place they wrote sim harrasment then allow it, what it means is that any number you didnt save on ur phone cannot call you.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Easybet1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19
Ebigwei007:
If you are using andriod phone, go to ur sim setting, then you will see a place they wrote sim harrasment then allow it, what it means is that any number you didnt save on ur phone cannot call you.
This will make me lose valuable calls

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ebigwei007: 6:49am On Jul 20
Easybet1:
This will make me lose valuable calls
then download true caller

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Easybet1(m): 10:28am On Jul 20
Ebigwei007:
then download true caller
I have it. I still have to block them through my phone and true caller before I stop receiving calls from that particular number. But the problem is, they keep calling with another number everyday. That screenshot is my blocklist and all the number belong to them

17 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ebigwei007: 10:33am On Jul 20
Easybet1:
I have it. I still have to block them through my phone and true caller before I stop receiving calls from that particular number. But the problem is, they keep calling with another number everyday. That screenshot is my blocklist and all the number belong to them
hmmm, then dont pick, true caller help so much

4 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by sylve11: 12:48pm On Jul 28
My encounter with one of these loan sharks wasn't a nice one.

I have never taken loan from any of them yet they kept threatening me that I took a loan from them.

It wasn't easy o. I wrote to EFCC, copied CBN and some other measures I can not even remember now before they stopped calling me o.

The Federal Government should do something about these guys. They are not only harassing you but embarrassing you.

Very annoying things like that. embarassed cool

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Hezzyluv: 12:48pm On Jul 28
Even when i never read wetin you write, by repaying your debts. grin

4 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by straighttalk(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28
Interested too
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by helinues: 12:49pm On Jul 28
Someone has used your number as one of the guarantors or used your personal details to obtain loans without you knowing

One of the madness going on in Nigeria now.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Tallesty1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28
Lols.

Shey your own na just calls?

Lcredit and some others will give you loan by force and blackmail you if you don't pay.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by izubext007: 12:50pm On Jul 28
the best way to stop OKASH from calling you is to OPAY

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by ZUKKYY(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28
You're not the only one embarassed

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by helinues: 12:51pm On Jul 28
izubext007:
the best way to stop them from calling you is to OPAY

Pay the money he didn't borrow by himself?

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by WHEREISMANNA: 12:51pm On Jul 28
U dey owe dem?
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by gidigbam1: 12:51pm On Jul 28
Pay them their money!
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by CalabarPikin: 12:51pm On Jul 28
They've sighted regular use of your BVN or bank details somewhere....maybe they're aware money dey flow for ur side. U must have used your details somewhere like Opay Eazy buy.

They do disturb me too. But for a different case though grin

29 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Emu4life(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28
Oga! Go and pay back the Loan you took cheesy
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by MrPADDY(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28
You may be owing them. It's possible you got Opay loan many years ago, and Opay stopped asking for repayment after a while. It's possible it's Okash that gave out the loan through Opay. Download Okash app, and login with your phone number to check.

Or if you didn't take loan from them, it's possible someone that had the phone number in the past did. In that case, keep writing to their customer support to clear things up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Deeprooted: 12:51pm On Jul 28
grin
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Discountsempai: 12:51pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Down load true caller
use the block function to block their number as soon as they call

Works every time.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by DemonSlayer: 12:52pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Easy. Tell them you're not interested and that they should delete your number from their database.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by alphaNomega: 12:52pm On Jul 28
One day all Nigerians will be millionaires but they will not be able to afford bread.

3 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by WHEREISMANNA: 12:53pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
I have never registered on any of the loan shark before and I will never do so. How they got my number is what I don't understand. I have like 50 of their numbers in my blocklist. Only God knows how many number they have, they keep calling with another number everyday.

So annoying
u av opay acc

Or

Maybe d sim card was used by someone b4

I can help u get the premium version of the CallApp below

Or

Premium Truecaller

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX / GTB Mobile Money Transfer - How Secure Is It? / Checkout The Money I Saved Within 3 Months With My Piggy Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.