Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,858 members, 7,942,150 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? (39898 Views)

How Do I Stop Okash Spam Calls? / Beware of Okash Loan App / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Lovelife433(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28
Even me, I have been receiving both calls and test messages I'm tired of there disturbance.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by greggng: 1:19pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
Please, what can I do to stop Okash from calling me?
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

I don't understand why they are so persistent in trying to force a loan on me.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

please mod help me move it to the front page

I was shocked when they called me last week over a loan someone took from them . They said I was used as emergency number . I warmed them seriously never to call me . I am acar dealer with my number In the public space . I don't patronise such loans ...if by chance a scammer uses my number as emergency number I expected a responsible organisation to call me for confirmation b4 giving out the loan . But they are doing the opposite . They will give loan to scammers thst uses other peoples number as emergency number and after which they start calling innocent people that has no clue something like that ever happened . This is a big shame to this country.
.a nation of scammers

4 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by mysteriousD: 1:19pm On Jul 28
Send them an email..copy cbn.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Angy55(f): 1:20pm On Jul 28
onyxo76:
they call me too despite not having gotten any loan from them before..different numbers everytime.

very annoying people.

Very annoying. I thought I was the only one experiencing this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by NaijaNaWaa: 1:22pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

Report them to NCC and CBN. If possible get a lawyer to write them a warning letter.

3 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by EBEk101(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28
I had this nature lending sending me tons of messages which I find it as invading my privacy, I never requested for any kind of loan from them, that made me wonder how they got my number, I was very clear in my email.
Had it been the didn’t stop sending me msgs, my next action would have been to sue them, and demand an explanation how they got my number, those loan apps are very good at stealing peoples PII

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by krushdripper(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28
Oga, go and pay the loan you took & stop gambling.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by femi4: 1:25pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Call their customer care and explain to them
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Judolisco(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
This will make me lose valuable calls
jst block spam calls...
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by iamoyindamola(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Same thing is happening to me
I have blocked hundreds of the numbers

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by DuttyChuks: 1:31pm On Jul 28
Oya oo! Oya oya oo! Oya oo! Oya Oya ooh!
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by tallfish145(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28
Emu4life:
Oga! Go and pay back the Loan you took cheesy
They also call me repeatedly everyday to offer me loan when i never borrow from they. Have blocked their numbers uncountable times but kept calling different lines.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by TRAPLORD13: 1:33pm On Jul 28
By paying back what you took from them
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by fitinwell: 1:34pm On Jul 28
Same here buddy , Phone block functions and Truecaller function is what am currently using to engage this fight,. Fight.., Fight..

I pray God heal this land for the sake of the righteous, because in a sane situation , i should be able to get them arrested for invading my privacy.

I also noticed they have different numbers.., you wonder with compulsory register your sim with NIN or risk loosing your SiM card., is not working at this time,,, a scammer owning over 50 lines ripping people and no one is making affort to arrest them,..

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:34pm On Jul 28
CHINA LOAN SHARKS,AVOID THEM LIKE PLAGUE grin GO TO NAIJA MICROFINANCEFOR LOAN angry

3 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by majemite(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28
I get same calls also. What i did was to study the number series which they usually call me with. I then downloaded truecaller and blocked numbers containing those numbers. E.G 0708264... 0700400... 020923....

Go to true caller.
Blocking on right down side
Block number series
Block numbers that contain.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by PepeXKermit: 1:36pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Stop picking calls of numbers you do not know
Simple!
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by thesolutions(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
I have never registered on any of the loan shark before and I will never do so. How they got my number is what I don't understand. I have like 50 of their numbers in my blocklist. Only God knows how many number they have, they keep calling with another number everyday.

So annoying
Some one must have used your phone number to collect loan. They call me too Though.
The introduction of face verification by most of the fintech companies will stop all these acts.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Roboto11: 1:37pm On Jul 28
Sue them to court.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by peterboro: 1:38pm On Jul 28
pay them nah
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Davigor: 1:39pm On Jul 28
They loans sharks has been calling me to obtain loan this year but I refused.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Samtob90(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28
Everyday247:
Abandon your sim card. It's the only way. sad
No, flag the no
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Hope1717(f): 1:40pm On Jul 28
They tried it with me and I threatened to sue them, and that's how they stopped

3 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ayokequeen(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28
I remember I created a thread here on Nairaland because of this stupid act of OKash, how they almost frustrate my with their annoying calls. Somebody gave me a simple logic that worked at least 75%.

The next time they call you, pick the call and don't say anything just leave the phone somewhere until they end the call themselves. The next time they will call you would be after 3 days or even more.

6 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by LORDKing001: 1:40pm On Jul 28
krushdripper:
Oga, go and pay the loan you took & stop gambling.
Keep quiet
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Tonytonex(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28
LOL at the title. 😆😆😂😂
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28
keep blocking d numbers, u are doing the Lord's work!
cool

3 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by ejieddy: 1:43pm On Jul 28
Gift has been calling me too. Let me catch Gift, she'll get a special gift from me

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Emmanuel950(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28
If they call you again, and it's not a pre-recorded call, tell them that the next time they call you, you'll sue them for harassment.

After you say this, hang up.

Make sure you're not owing them.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Tonytonex(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28
Ayokequeen:
I remember I created a thread here on Nairaland because of this stupid act of OKash, how they almost frustrate my with their annoying calls. Somebody gave me a simple logic that worked at least 75%.

The next time they call you, pick the call and don't say anything just leave the phone somewhere until they end the call themselves. The next time they will call you would be after 3 days or even more.
yes that's the best thing to do. Always answer the fvcking call, but don't listen or say anything to them.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Banter1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Just block numbers not stored in your phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years / Fairly Used Broom Sells For N12,600 On Ebay / Tony Elumelu Establishes Tenoil, An Oil And Gas Production Firm (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.