Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,858 members, 7,942,150 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? (39898 Views)

How Do I Stop Okash Spam Calls? / Beware of Okash Loan App / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Zinosky10: 2:41pm On Jul 28
You are not alone dear. Same thing with me.they keep disturbing me with calls two to three times a day with different phone numbers asking me to borrow money from them without interest. I just hate their disturbances. naturally I hate borrowing let alone borrowing from online loan apps. I don't just know how they got my number. How wish I can talk to them one on one.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by tenderlaw(m): 2:42pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
I have it. I still have to block them through my phone and true caller before I stop receiving calls from that particular number. But the problem is, they keep calling with another number everyday. That screenshot is my blocklist and all the number belong to them
Update your truecaller to premium. That involves a small monthly payment though, but it allows you to automatically block spam calls from even ringing on your phone.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ebigwei007: 2:42pm On Jul 28
providencia:

The bad side is that, you will be unreachable when who knows you use a different number to call you. My line is a business line
go to the bank and change ur number
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Tunagee(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
Please, what can I do to stop Okash from calling me?
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

I don't understand why they are so persistent in trying to force a loan on me.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

please mod help me move it to the front page

Mine is Easemoni. They have turned themselves to nuisance by infiltrating my lines with silly recorded calls. Na by force to collect loans. If you block one line, other lines would still call you. In fact, I hardly answer my phone again cos it always turned out to be their calls, but normal calls are already suffering this as callers claim I don't answer their calls again.
EASEMONI is silly.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Truth234(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28
helinues:
Someone has used your number as one of the guarantors or used your personal details to obtain loans without you knowing

One of the madness going on in Nigeria now.

No, they are begging him to take a loan not to repay.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by abbasajao(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28
In fact I am just tired of their calls. And I never for once listened to what they have to say. Once I hear Ocash, I cut off straight.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28
I am facing this challenge, those girls call like 8 times daily. I have pleaded with two of them to stop calling but they always call back... I no want loan abeg

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by BABANGBALI: 2:55pm On Jul 28
Na marriage from heaven, please answer them. Na your destiny be dat
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Ciso(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28
I keep blocking dis ppl they keep calling me I don't understand is it by force to take loan

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Discountsempai: 2:59pm On Jul 28
Tunagee:

Mine is Easemoni. They have turned themselves to nuisance by infiltrating my lines with silly recorded calls. Na by force to collect loans. If you block one line, other lines would still call you. In fact, I hardly answer my phone again cos it always turned out to be their calls, but normal calls are already suffering this as callers claim I don't answer their calls again.
EASEMONI is silly.

Easemoni = OKash= Easemoni.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Meteng: 3:00pm On Jul 28
ProjectNEXT:
If only if i see who go call me to come and borrow loan
Since Mohammed can’t go to the mountain, the mountain should go to Mohammed

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by celestar(m): 3:00pm On Jul 28
Just switch off your phone and on it anytime you want to call someone and switch it off after the call cause there's no solution to their incessant calls. I have blocked over 100 of their numbers but to no avail. Every calls are new numbers, I guess is a crime for knowing them.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Discountsempai: 3:01pm On Jul 28
helinues:
Someone has used your number as one of the guarantors or used your personal details to obtain loans without you knowing

One of the madness going on in Nigeria now.

No, it is likely he took a loan from another loan app.,,and paid it off...without reading the T and C.

One of the conditions in the T and C of many loan app is that they would ask for permission to share your details with 'third parties'. Since not agreeing to the T and C essentially means you get no loan even if you more than qualify, most people tick it, and thus your number gets shared with other loan app companies.

(Also most of us don't read the T and C, because it is a lot of writing that would take a long time to read, so we just click agree, and move on to the next step.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by EvansU: 3:06pm On Jul 28
Just send them an email and they will stop bothering you.

Easybet1:
They call me at least twice every single day. I have never taken a loan from any loan shark, and I never will, even under duress.
No matter how many times I block their number, they keep calling from different numbers, which is extremely disturbing.

The worst part is that I can't even speak with the person to tell her to stop calling. It’s always a recorded voice, and as soon as I hear, "Hello, this is Gift from Okash," I hang up.

I’ve reached out to them on Twitter asking them to stop disturbing me with calls. Despite this, just today, I received three different calls from them, and I blocked those numbers too.

I can understand why some people take loans from them and then avoid repaying—both the lender and the borrower seem driven by greed.

Is it possible to take legal action against them? What can I do to stop this constant harassment?

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Candreva: 3:06pm On Jul 28
You can't force a legal action on people making cold calls to acquire new customers. Yours is far better than mine. I get nothing less than 10 " scam like" calls a day. The difference is you know the source of your calls.
Everyday247:
Abandon your sim card. It's the only way. sad

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by freemi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
I have never registered on any of the loan shark before and I will never do so. How they got my number is what I don't understand. I have like 50 of their numbers in my blocklist. Only God knows how many number they have, they keep calling with another number everyday.

So annoying
same thing with me o
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Popoola30(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28
Truthfully,those people don’t call or disturb someone like you people portray them,take a review on how your phone number or bvn is being used (it will show everywhere your bvn or phone number is being linked) it either someone have put your number or bvn as an emergency contact or second contact somewhere or someone received the loan unknowing to you or your details were used.

Note:I don’t support any one here,my own account tho.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by article1: 3:11pm On Jul 28
I thought I'm the only one experiencing this. Sometimes even at night they'll call me asking me to take advantage of a free coupon bla bla bla. And you know what? Whenever I tried to apply for the lone all they'll offer is N6k. What will I do with N6k loan?

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Coolestguy2023: 3:11pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:
I have never registered on any of the loan shark before and I will never do so. How they got my number is what I don't understand. I have like 50 of their numbers in my blocklist. Only God knows how many number they have, they keep calling with another number everyday.

So annoying

DOWNLOAD TRUECALLER.
AFTER YOU REGISTER WITH YOUR NUMBER
GO TO SETTINGS
CLICK ON BLOCK
You will then see level of protection as off, basic and max.
Subscribe for max protection. I think it cost N366 monthly.

Trust me, you will be free from them because truecaller recognises them as spam and will block the call immediatley without your notice self

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by muriunited(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28
The best way is to block them through your main normal call, not Truecaller, me I borrow pass you, mention any loan app more than 50 of them I borrowed and shop clean mouth, me no app can borrow me money again because they Mark Red X I can't borrow any more, I'm still using my line nothing go happen, I no the travel out for embassy to reject me, their father, I remain in Nigeria.
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Orlandihno(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28
Really! I thought maybe I'm the only one Gift from O Kash, Easy buy, Palm pay scam, etc. They can call 5vto 6times in a day. Be careful, some are scammers

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Lanre1st(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28
You’re a lucky winner
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Nkl4u: 3:28pm On Jul 28
I missed a call from a no that started with 0201 yesterday and Friday. So it's actually from okash. I don't have an account with them neither did I borrow money from them

Thunder go fire them if dey try call me again

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by SurveyR: 3:32pm On Jul 28
Truecaller is the only way out "Set it to Block all Spam Call" even u're debtor or not.
Reason been they have ur details in their database and they can't remove it, so u must collect their loan by fire by force grin

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by kingdotman: 3:34pm On Jul 28
Download Truecaller app if you dont have. Block all spam calls. Truecaller automatically block every spam calls.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by ediko5(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

Okay is owned by Opay

They're very annoying, I don block numerous of their number also

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by colardey(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28
Your best bet is (text) or send 'DND' to 2442. DND means do not disturb.
With this no adverts or promotions of any type will come to your phone.
Whenever I hear a notification sound it can only be text from someone or bank alerts, nothing more.

On the other side you can call customer service to report and they will tell you what to do.

This is the second time I'm giving a response on Nairaland since i joined in 2008. I feel your pain.

The abuse and insults allowed on the platform is too much and this is preventing beneficial contributors from getting involved in topics.
Regards.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by essentialone(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28
There is nothing that cannot be solved by the God of Zion. Just report them to Evang. Ebuka Obi, their Daddy in the Lord. He will fight all your battles.

grin
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by Kingosytex(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28
ProjectNEXT:
If only if i see who go call me to come and borrow loan

grin
Dem no dey call am make him come borrow but make him come pay grin
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by okeke6969: 3:48pm On Jul 28
Easybet1:

🤣🤣🤣🤣This has been my experience over a month now, forcing loan on me.
I have blocked more than 39 of their numbers.
I emailed Okash and treating them with legal actions, the apologize yet I still receive their my name is gift from.... Every now and then.
I don't know what to do too
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by FASTNG24TV: 3:51pm On Jul 28
As for me it is fair money...Always calling me to come and get a loan...I Don tire..
Re: HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me? by mikess: 3:52pm On Jul 28
I paid subscription to Truecaller, Auto blocking helped.

Somehow there call still goes through and I manually block them.

It was so annoying !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years / Fairly Used Broom Sells For N12,600 On Ebay / Tony Elumelu Establishes Tenoil, An Oil And Gas Production Firm (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.