Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product (15989 Views)

Adulterated Fuel: FG Okayed Our Imported Product — Duke Oil, Oando / VP Osinbajo Rges Nigerian Businesses To Step-up Product Quality For Africa Trade / #BuhariIsNotAclone Trends As Reno Omokri Defends Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by descartes400: 10:41pm On Jul 19
TheDemola:
For me, I think this refinery will kill some businesses (retailers) who are among the cabals and these cabals don't want to give in easily.

How else do you explain the CEO of a govt establishment condemning the products of a the refinery that is under his direct supervision? And yet he is allowing the so called inferior products to flood the market

Is he not part of the cabal?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Jul 19
seborrhic:
Don't trust Dangote.
Monopolists always cut corners to stay ahead and wipe out competition.
If not for the likes of Bua that fought him to a standstill in the cement industry and flour mills that used it's long known history and quality in the flour industry, Dangote would have monopolized both with inferior products at high costs.
I think it's the other cabals that can't afford Dangote dominating the oil industry that have come out to expose the challenges with his refinery.
According to the report from today, Dangote's refinery is less than 45% complete. What does that tell you? This has all been a massive fraud! undecided
iwaeda:
Farouk Ahmed, the Chief Executive of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) has cautioned Nigerians against over-dependence on products from the Dangote refinery.
Ahmed highlighted concerns over the consistency and standardisation of the refinery's output, stating that the quality of its products was inferior compared to the imported quality products.
He addressed concerns about the nationwide supply of petroleum products and denied claims by some media outlets that they were trying to scuttle the Dangote Refinery.
He said Dangote Refinery was still in the pre-commissioning stage and had not been licensed yet. "We haven't been licensed yet," he added.
"I think we have about 45% completion. We cannot rely heavily on one refinery to feed the nation because Dangote is requesting that we suspend or stop imports, especially of AGO and DPK, and direct all marketers to his refinery.

"That is not good for the nation in terms of energy security, and it is not good for the market because of the monopoly.
https://saharareporters.com/2024/07/18/dangote-refinery-products-inferior-imported-ones-nigeria-cant-rely-them-alone-avoid
NO be wetin scammers dey do be this? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Heffalump(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19
We all know the truth. The cabals are so powerful in Nigeria. Even the president of Nigeria is always scared of them, right from the time of Goodluck Jonathan. Why are they so dreaded?

Imagine the Executive Secretary of NMDPRA saying Dangote Refinery is producing substandard products and they have to import to ensure there's balanced quantity products in the country. What a dumb excuse! All because the MD of Dangote Refinery blew the whistle by saying imported Petroleum products have low quality, which is actually true because of their low Octane rating.

The bad guys don't want local refining because they are profiting badly from importation. This is a key focused area the president needs to look into very well. He should be ready to boot out any stumbling block.
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by MaziObinnaokija: 10:43pm On Jul 19
cool
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by onajo2000(m): 10:45pm On Jul 19
I still believe that the cabals are at work
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by sheriffindy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 19
An adult you are indeed.
Bullet01:
Actually, to be sincerely honest in my humble opinion, without being sentimental and of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, and without lies to the actual truth, with my clear open mind and clean heart, expressing what ever is embedded inside me for a long time which I didn't say because I was nervous. But today by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually feel and think that I have absolutely nothing to say. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Jul 19
descartes400:
■ Is he not part of the cabal?
Dangote is a scammer!
iwaeda:
Farouk Ahmed, the Chief Executive of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) has cautioned Nigerians against over-dependence on products from the Dangote refinery.
Ahmed highlighted concerns over the consistency and standardisation of the refinery's output, stating that the quality of its products was inferior compared to the imported quality products.
He addressed concerns about the nationwide supply of petroleum products and denied claims by some media outlets that they were trying to scuttle the Dangote Refinery.
He said Dangote Refinery was still in the pre-commissioning stage and had not been licensed yet. "We haven't been licensed yet," he added.
"I think we have about 45% completion. We cannot rely heavily on one refinery to feed the nation because Dangote is requesting that we suspend or stop imports, especially of AGO and DPK, and direct all marketers to his refinery.

"That is not good for the nation in terms of energy security, and it is not good for the market because of the monopoly.
https://saharareporters.com/2024/07/18/dangote-refinery-products-inferior-imported-ones-nigeria-cant-rely-them-alone-avoid
Dangote is a fraudster like your Nigerian politicians. Ole ni gbogbo won! undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Dwightventures(m): 10:52pm On Jul 19
This nation of barbarians will constantly be complaining about whether what they want to CONSUME meets the latest, most stringent international standards. That's a nation that survives on used clothing, underwear and the rest imported from abroad, to survive. Do what you PRODUCE meet any standards known to man? I often look at the garri I have to consume and almost cry about how infested it is with chaff and cockroach faeces. But that's the only standard you will find. I'm pretty sure it is the same method their ancestors used in producing the garri in 1700 that they still use today because the overwhelming value of a backward society is that nothing must change in how they do anything in their society. Innovation is a crime and a hassle.

Nation of clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by adabaraabdul: 10:56pm On Jul 19
At a time when we need the price of energy to come down, a Government agency is saying this. Why are we like this in Nigeria. It wasn't long ago that very poor energy materials were brought into Nigeria that destroyed cars and machinery, i remember it wasn't dangote. This should be one of the reasons for the upcoming peaceful protest.
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by adabaraabdul: 10:57pm On Jul 19
were*
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jul 19
adabaraabdul:
■ At a time when we need the price of energy to come down, a Government agency is saying this. Why are we like this in Nigeria.
■ It wasn't long ago that very poor energy materials were brought into Nigeria that destroyed cars and machinery, i remember it wasn't dangote. This should be one of the reasons for the upcoming peaceful protest.
So, because of the times, the government agency should no longer declare facts regarding the standard of products to be marketed to the people of Nigeria. Are you people sane at all? undecided

2. So, because poor energy materials were brought in before now, the government should no longer work to ensure other poor-quality products are not introduced into the same market. Are you people alright in the head at all? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Eriokanmi: 11:02pm On Jul 19
Kobojunkie:
Lies! This man has been lying for many years now that the same refinery had been completed and was producing. How many more of those lies are you going to want the Nigerian people to continue to believe? He lied under Buhari and he is continuing to do the same even under Tinubu. Lies can't erase previous lies! undecided

https://www.tiktok.com/@gossipmilltv/video/7251598143010245894 Dangote is a fraudster like your Nigerian politicians. Ole ni gbogbo won! undecided
Did you ever ask buhari and emefiele who rushed and commissioned dangote refineries still under construction so it would count as their administration's track record or achievement? Was it dangote who asked them to do that? The loan nnpc granted to dangote is almost liquidated which nnpc wasn't happy about. They thought they could use tnat to hold the man perpetually but he's smarter.

Dangote walks his talk and he's one of the honest Nigerians I've seen. He'd never tell you what he can't do and doesn't meddle in politics. He's always neutral. He'd only support them as a businessman. Which of his products can you say is fake before the refineries came? Most of his cement were imported for sale in Nigeria at a time when nigerian plants couldn't cope. Did they say they were substandard. Had dangote done their bidding, even if his fuel is killing everyone, they'd say its the best. When bad petrol was imported a few months ago and Nigerians reacted, nnpc said they'd investigate...can you investigate your wilful character? That's why nothing has been heard till now about the investigation.

I support dangote 100%. He should keep bursting their bubbles. For months after commissioning, nnpc refused to supply him crude and he went to the usa to buy. There's nothing they didn't do to frustrate this man. May they keep failing.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Malcommx: 11:11pm On Jul 19
Bullet01:
Actually, to be sincerely honest in my humble opinion, without being sentimental and of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, and without lies to the actual truth, with my clear open mind and clean heart, expressing what ever is embedded inside me for a long time which I didn't say because I was nervous. But today by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually feel and think that I have absolutely nothing to say. Thank you!

Take this your rubbish unintelligent Facebook people joke away from here. Intelligent people are discussing serious issues so lovely along

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by adabaraabdul: 11:12pm On Jul 19
Kobojunkie:
So, because of the times, the government agency should no longer declare facts regarding the standard of products to be marketed to the people of Nigeria. Are you people sane at all? undecided

2. So, because poor energy materials were brought in before now, the government should no longer work to ensure other poor quality products should not be introduced into the same market. Are you people alright in the head at all? undecided
The spokesman of dangote has released a statement that the products are up to standard. I would rather believe Dangote here. Something fishy is happenning with the regulatory body. 2. Why can't Dangote get adequate crude?
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by yemmywesey(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19
Bullet01:

You are a clown
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by NewDea4: 11:18pm On Jul 19
TheDemola:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/07/19/refinery-dangote-defends-product-quality-says-diesel-80-better-than-imported-ones/

Earlier: https://www.nairaland.com/8158225/dangote-refinery-products-inferior-nigeria

Dangote's diesel is not better than the imported product...at least not at the point of entry...

His diesel only becomes better after unscrupulous Nigerians have aggressively adulterated the imported stuff
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Jul 19
Eriokanmi:
■ Did you ever ask buhari and emefiele who rushed and commissioned dangote refineries still under construction so it would count as their administration's track record or achievement? Was it dangote who asked them to do that? ■ The loan nnpc granted to dangote is almost liquidated which nnpc wasn't happy about. They thought they could use tnat to hold the man perpetually but he's smarter.
■ Dangote walks his talk and he's one of the honest Nigerians I've seen. He'd never tell you what he can't do and doesn't meddle in politics. He's always neutral. He'd only support them as a businessman. Which of his products can you say is fake before the refineries came? Most of his cement are imported for sale in Nigeria at a time when nigerian plants couldn't cope. Did they say they were substandard. Had dangote done their bidding, even if his is fuel si killing everyone, they'd say its the best. When bad petrol was imported a few months ago and Nigerians reacted, nnpc said they'd investigate...can you investigate your wilful character? That's why nothing has been heard till now about the investigation.
■ I support dangote 100%. He should keep bursting their bubbles.
■ For months after commissioning, nnpc refused to supply him crude and he went to the usa to buy. There's nothing they didn't do to frustrate this man. May they keep failing.
1. Are you saying that Dangote, who attended both previous commissioning events of the refinery during the Buhari Administration, did not wish to have the refinery commissioned both times? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2. Dangote liquidated the debt without producing even a single barrel of fuel or product from a refinery that is about 45% complete and still has no operational license. That is what you want us to believe? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3. According to Dangote, he's been making billions in profit from a refinery that does not even have an operational license....yes, he walks his talk since a lot of his talk so far on this refinery issue is bullsheet! undecided

4. Your support of him does not make him any less of the scammer that he is in this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5. Dangote was part of the team, at some point, for the Buhari Administration and has always been aware that he cannot get crude from NNPC since the crude oil deals including the crude oil swaps made during the same administration happened right under his nose.
https://punchng.com/nnpcl-swaps-n2-6tn-crude-for-refined-products/
https://guardian.ng/uproar-over-nnpcs-sleazy-25-9b-oil-swap-n13-9tr-subsidy-payment/

Dangote is a scammer scamming Nigerians in this. undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by NewDea4: 11:20pm On Jul 19
adabaraabdul:

The spokesman of dangote has released a statement that the products are up to standard. I would rather believe Dangote here. Something fishy is happenning with the regulatory body. 2. Why can't Dangote get adequate crude?

He pissed them off already and now they will do anything possible just to sabotage and discredit him
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by yemmywesey(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19
But if dem the low grade dangote diesel inside diesel engines or trucks , shey he no go start , abi weting this enemy of progress dey talk self. President commot subsidy, shebi nah to enable local production by providing crude oil for local refineries to function, instead they are demarketing it that importation us better than local production. If kpo fire refineries, refined crude oil at their backyard in Nigeria Delta , the government will accuse of economic sabotage etc.
Now prices of food stuff don go up , instead for the government to enable more importation of food , they are telling people to farm at their backyard to crash food prices, Lagos state government in particular, almost all the lands in Lagos is sold for real estate development, some lands are under acquisition by government, that is some of the issues needed to be addressed by the Lagos governor, increasing lagos population needs to be addressed also,

1 Like

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Jul 19
adabaraabdul:
■ The spokesman of dangote has released a statement that the products are up to standard. I would rather believe Dangote here.
■ Something fishy is happenning with the regulatory body.
■ 2. Why can't Dangote get adequate crude?
So, we should disregard the submission of the regulatory and standard assurance agencies to instead believe a man who has lied numerous times over the years about this same refinery! You be real village champion! grin

2. That cannot erase the fact that this is the same Dangote who lied to Nigerians numerous times under the last administration and is now playing the same card of lies during this current administration. That refinery was commissioned at least 2 times during the Buhari administration, and we were promised several times even then that production was to be expected. Dangote ran the same dubious script on Nigerians this year too, and now we hear that he does not even have an operational license meaning he has not even produced anything since all of this time. He is a scammer! undecided undecided undecided

3. Dangote was a part of the team during the Buhari administration.
Nigeria’s Dangote Named As Buhari Election Campaign AdviserDangote knows very well why he can't get Crude from NNPC since he probably played a part in the economic decisions made during the last administration such as the oil swaps that probably helped get him, Dangote, the billions of dollars that the administration invested in his refinery business. undecided
https://guardian.ng/uproar-over-nnpcs-sleazy-25-9b-oil-swap-n13-9tr-subsidy-payment/

Where the fk do you think Buhari got the 13 billion dollars it is accused of investing in Dangote's Refinery business? Do you think the money came from nowhere or what? Your beloved Dangote is a scammer![/b] undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Jul 19
NewDea4:
■ He pissed them off already and now they will do anything possible just to sabotage and discredit him
Stop lying! Dangote is the one scamming the Nigerian people with his many lies! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by mu2sa2: 11:32pm On Jul 19
Bullet01:
But you have said what you wanted to say. If you say you have nothing to say, you have actually said something.
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Eriokanmi: 11:40pm On Jul 19
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you saying that Dangote, who attended both previous commissioning events of the refinery during the Buhari Administration, did not wish to have the refinery commissioned both times? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2. Dangote liquidated the debt without producing even a single barrel of fuel or product from a refinery that is about 45% complete and still has no operational license. That is what you want us to believe? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3. According to Dangote, he's been making billions in profit from a refinery that does not even have an operational license....yes, he walks his talk since a lot of his talk so far on this refinery issue is bullsheet! undecided

4. Your support of him does not make him any less of the scammer that he is in this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5. Dangote was part of the economic team for the Buhari Administration and has always been aware that he cannot get crude from NNPC since the crude oil deals including the crude oil swaps made during the same administration happened right under his nose.

Dangote is a scammer scamming Nigerians in this. undecided
On your first point, so if Buhari says I want to use your refinery as part of my achievement so, let's commission it even though it's not yet completed, would he have objected? Answer tbat as a Nigerian who understands the political terrains.

Secondly, if you borrowed money for whatever reasons, does it matter where you get the money from, to have it liquidated? Dangote had investments outside Nigeria which you and I know. I doubt you are also aware he imports his cement from his plants located outside Nigeria to complement the Inadequate local supplies. He even made it clearly known, where he got the refund from, even though the refineries had not been in its full operation capacity.

I only agree with you that dangote, just like other Nigerian businessmen isn't spared from some sharp practices but that doesn't validate the topic in question.
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Bliztzer: 11:41pm On Jul 19
Kobojunkie:
Who be they? Name them and how they did it? grin Stop lying! undecided Dangote is a fraudster like your Nigerian politicians. Ole ni gbogbo won! undecided

While you be intellectual fraudster.

Why is it so convenient for your kind to pretend not to know the truth or shy away from the facts?
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by sulaak(m): 11:47pm On Jul 19
Swagaa99:

Tinubu must Go

He has to go!
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Jul 19
Eriokanmi:
■ On your first point, so if Buhari says I want to use your refinery as part of my achievement so, let's commission it even though it's not yet completed, would he have objected? Answer tbat as a Nigerian who understands the political terrains.
■ Secondly, if you borrowed money for whatever reasons, does it matter where you get the money from, to have it liquidated? Dangote had investments outside Nigeria which you and I know. I doubt you are also aware he imports his cement from his plants located outside Nigeria to complement the Inadequate local supplies. He even made it clearly known, where he got the refund from, even though the refineries had not been in its full operation capacity.
■ I only agree with you that dangote, just like other Nigerian businessmen isn't spared from some sharp practices but that doesn't validate the topic in question.
1. There is no record of Buhari ever saying such to Dangote. Dangote was seated in the audience during every commissioning exercise. On more than one occasion, including the one cited below, Dangote gave specific dates.🤔
Africa’s biggest oil refinery has announced it is delaying the start of gasoline deliveries until the middle of July, without providing a specific reason.
“We had a bit of delay, but it will start coming out by the 15th of July,” Dangote group’s president, Aliko Dangote, told a Nigerian media outlet media on Friday.
“By third week of July, we will be able to take it into the market,” Dangote, Africa’s richest man, said in a video interview. https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/nigeria-dangote-refinery-delays-start-of-gasoline-supplies-for-month/?cf-view
Dangote lied and continues to lie to Nigerians! undecided

2. Not it does not matter but the problem here is there is no actual proof or record to show that the money has been liquidated.🤔

3. Nonsense! Dangote is a scammer who scammed and continues to benefit from the establishment as he scams the people. undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Stronghold91: 11:56pm On Jul 19
Bullet01:
son of a bastard father
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jul 19
Bliztzer:
■ While you be intellectual fraudster. Why is it so convenient for your kind to pretend not to know the truth or shy away from the facts?
I am not Dangote the fraudster who has been intellectually mindfucking your kind with his many lies and scams though! undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Akaegwu(m): 12:02am On Jul 20
PHD = PULL HIM DOWN
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Jul 20
Akaegwu:
PHD = PULL HIM DOWN
Stop lying to yourselves and your children! undecided
Re: Dangote Defends Product Quality, Says Diesel 80% Better Than Imported Product by Lacash: 12:07am On Jul 20

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki: Court Of Appeal Ilorin Fixes Judgement For Tomorrow / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy / Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.