Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,825 members, 7,898,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 (12226 Views)

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? / Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 1:40pm On Jul 22
Bulldozer90:
Lagos is not an emerging city. It's a slum!
Where is your city?
A slum but you will come there with night bus to survive. Most of you here don't even know the meaning of slum.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 1:41pm On Jul 22
KingOfTheDamned:

But most times you guys use propaganda and claim Lagos to be a megacity ?

You trash talk places like my Benin city and call other states slums.

Lagos is not an emerging city according to you people it is a mega city , so you can't use propaganda to wriggle out of this one.

So Benin is not a slum? Lmao 😂🤣
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 1:43pm On Jul 22
Funkyswagzz:

My brother I wonder oo. I don't know why they brag so much with Lagos. I can never live there
Nobody needs you there! Nonsense people!
When there is negative report about Lagos they will say they can't live there but these are the same people claiming that Lagos belongs to everybody.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by okven: 1:45pm On Jul 22
Don't waste your time with a attention seeker a glorified unemployed job seeker like reno it's what he knows best " black mailing
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 1:47pm On Jul 22
ivandragon:
Lagos is overpopulated.

But those who want to mock Lagos should have a rethink... because your own land is probably not any better in terms of physical infrastructure and investments.

This is one of the reasons why the coastal highway is a waste of scarce resources.

The investment should have been in developing the existing seaports to make them more attractive and commercially viable.

This would help reduce the pressure on Lagos ports, reduce the population of people, reduce businesses located in lagos strictly because of the port business and spread wealth as other cities would be able to develop better.
They are even part of the environmental problems in Lagos especially Igbos, go to Ladipo and see how dirty they can be. That is why government closed that place at a time. Go to Festac and see how horrible they have turned the place.
But now they are distancing themselves, tomorrow they will come back and tell you that Lagos is no man's land.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by onuman: 1:49pm On Jul 22
A man like Bayo Onanuga from Osun state would see Lagos as heaven, and ask Igbos to leave Lagos and move down to their erosion ravaged southeast.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by donmik: 1:58pm On Jul 22
ivandragon:
Lagos is overpopulated.

But those who want to mock Lagos should have a rethink... because your own land is probably not any better in terms of physical infrastructure and investments.

This is one of the reasons why the coastal highway is a waste of scarce resources.

The investment should have been in developing the existing seaports to make them more attractive and commercially viable.

This would help reduce the pressure on Lagos ports, reduce the population of people, reduce businesses located in lagos strictly because of the port business and spread wealth as other cities would be able to develop better.

Will Tinubu try do that to let other regions develop?
Or, is it Buhari?
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Diligence: 2:05pm On Jul 22
The earliest real Lagos Indigenes take over Lagos Colony, the best for them.

These invaders from South Western States only came to steal, Kill & Destroy!

Lagos, despite being a former Capital Territory, is still a shit hole!

BAT's Lagos Blueprint: More IGR, more indebtedness, zero development!

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by CrossRhodes: 2:07pm On Jul 22
AdesegunSanni89:
At least them rank Lagos, which Igbo city dem recognized? Igbo cities no even dey map.
Lagos is no mans land.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by emperor863(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22
FreedomArmy:
let all migrants from osun,ekiti and iragbiji living in Lagos go back to their state to reduce the population of Lagos

You don't get something. All Yoruba are descendants of only one person - Oduduwa. All Yorubas can claim any part of Yoruba land as his or hers.

However, they don't deny their ancestral land unlike the ,'Lagos igbos'. I was born and bred in Lagos, Eko, (Lagos Island to be precise) by an Awori mother, but I have never claimed Lagos as my state. I have the certificate of local government of origin for all my children from my ancestral Local government (Odogbolu) in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by egoldman(m): 2:11pm On Jul 22
Tflex01:
So what is the emphasis on Lagos in the topic for?

To draw traffic??

Ask Reno
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Earthquakes: 2:14pm On Jul 22
AdesegunSanni89:
At least them rank Lagos, which Igbo city dem recognized? Igbo cities no even dey map.

Former capital territory for over around 50yrs is competing with slums grin grin grin
Mega city indeed grin
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Earthquakes: 2:16pm On Jul 22
EcoNews:
Anambra Enugu n Abia did not even make the ranking. Na fake ranking Jo.

Lagos is a former capital territory for around 50 yrs yet competing with slums grin
I didn't see osun, oyo, ondo, Ogun grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Shikini: 2:17pm On Jul 22
Terrible
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Nobody needs you there! Nonsense people!
When there is negative report about Lagos they will say they can't live there but these are the same people claiming that Lagos belongs to everybody.

Bros I do come to Lagos to do business and aside that i can never live there. If you think it's hatred that's your problem I'm only giving my opinion wether you like it or not
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by FreedomArmy: 2:20pm On Jul 22
emperor863:

You don't get something. All Yoruba are descendants of only one person - Oduduwa. All Yorubas can claim any part of Yoruba land as his or hers.

However, they don't deny their ancestral land unlike the ,'Lagos igbos'. I was born and bred in Lagos, Eko, (Lagos Island to be precise) by an Awori mother, but I have never claimed Lagos as my state. I have the certificate of local government of origin for all my children from my ancestral Local government (Odogbolu) in Ogun state.
we are still saying the same thing bro. You are from Ogun and not Lagos. When all migrants from Ogun and ekiti leave Lagos.,it will be less populated
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by TheBillyonaire: 2:20pm On Jul 22
The mistake you black people make is assuming that a whiteman will tell the world that black nations are liveable. To even give gas to the metrics is a template for classified ignoramus.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Angelfrost(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22
MasterJayJay:
Reno Omokri released a fake list that added Lagos among top twenty. I had to factcheck him. He even promised 10k if he's wrong. As if em go pay.

Hatred beclouds reasoning. Reno Omokri is running a false campaign against southeast because of his hatred for Peter Obi.

Reno is trying to mentally bribe Yoruba people so that they will forget how he seriously insulted and ridiculed Jagaban prior to the last elections.

It's all a P.R game to him.

He's a manipulative entity.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by KingCold: 2:25pm On Jul 22
MasterJayJay:

CAF approved only 1 stadium in Nigeria for its competition. Uyo stadium is the only one approved, while Southafrica has about 10 or 11.

it's more than that
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by KingCold: 2:28pm On Jul 22
How is Algiers on this list?
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Jayjay1960: 2:28pm On Jul 22
Amumaigwe:

You meant the same Lagos Tinubu built?
tinubu didnt build lagos oooo it was baba jakande and buba marwa but what do i know sef

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Bayyajidda(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Thank you sir but you people keep rushing there to survive and your people contributed to the smell of urine.
With Lagos rated 173 it means other cities including yours are worst than Lagos since they are not on the list.

Sorry, I don't rush to that smelly slum for anything.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 2:48pm On Jul 22
Funkyswagzz:

Bros I do come to Lagos to do business and aside that i can never live there. If you think it's hatred that's your problem I'm only giving my opinion wether you like it or not
Did I mention anything about hatred?
Why would you come to a slum to do business? Stay in your clean city and do your business... Lagos doesn't even know that you are there or not.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Did I mention anything about hatred?
Why would you come to a slum to do business? Stay in your clean city and do your business... Lagos doesn't even know that you are there or not.

Now you being petty
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 2:49pm On Jul 22
Bayyajidda:

Sorry, I don't rush to that smelly slum for anything.
Tell your people to stop coming.
And I ask again where is your city?
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DUNDEEmoderatos: 2:50pm On Jul 22
Funkyswagzz:

Now you being petty
Have a nice day! Message passed.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Have a nice day! Message passed.

What message 🙄🙄
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 2:54pm On Jul 22
2aces:
Lagos is still an emerging city, though over populated, but on the right track to excellence.
It's obvious you have visited any city outside Nigeria, even Zimbabwe that's in the last 10 beat Lagos hands down, Benin Republic wasn't even mentionedwt alone Ghana does that tell you something about Lagos.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by emperor863(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22
FreedomArmy:
we are still saying the same thing bro. You are from Ogun and not Lagos. When all migrants from Ogun and ekiti leave Lagos.,it will be less populated

If you're being economical with the truth, you'll not ask a Yoruba man to leave Yoruba Land. A land built by our ancestors. Do you know that everything northwards from Jibowu was part of western region? If you do not know Jibowu, it means Mushin, Oshodi, fadeyi, Palm Grove up to ikorodu and Epe are part of western region. I guess, in your opinion, western region belongs to the Hausa or Igbo.

In every sensible man's opinion, western region belongs to the Yorubas.

Mister man, wr know what are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Netherlands Visa Refused / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? / The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan

Viewing this topic: ThisNurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.