Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,837 members, 7,898,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 (12233 Views)

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? / Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 2:55pm On Jul 22
ivandragon:
Lagos is overpopulated.

But those who want to mock Lagos should have a rethink... because your own land is probably not any better in terms of physical infrastructure and investments.

This is one of the reasons why the coastal highway is a waste of scarce resources.

The investment should have been in developing the existing seaports to make them more attractive and commercially viable.

This would help reduce the pressure on Lagos ports, reduce the population of people, reduce businesses located in lagos strictly because of the port business and spread wealth as other cities would be able to develop better.
I am from Togo you need to visit my country and see the huge difference between your cities and ours.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by DOM7: 2:56pm On Jul 22
Damn the slump.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 2:56pm On Jul 22
Praxis758:
Don’t fall for western propaganda and hatred for African.

Some Caucasians still believe we Africans still live on trees and in caves.

It’s so barbaric that a white guys asked me how we’re still survive living with lions and wild animals on our streets.
I visited Canada and understood why they believe Africa is living on hunger and starvation.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 2:59pm On Jul 22
MrPOTUS:
grin

See, Lagos is hell.

If you weren't born and bred in Lagos, you'll find it difficult to cope.

You know them once you see them, they are always in a hurry, from rushing busses to many things. A few years ago whole in Benin standing at the b/stop and the bus came for us to board it lo and behold a woman rushed the bus and everyone was staring at her and I walked up to her to ask, are you from Lagos and she said yes, I just laughed

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 3:03pm On Jul 22
digitaccountant:
Lagos is crime riddled. Within a year, I lost two phones to thieves. Lived in Abuja for 7 years, never lost a penny. Kano for about 15 years, never lost a penny and few cities overseas, never lost a penny.
I was inside a moving vehicle at Oshodi making call and my phone was snatched from me while on a call.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by FreedomArmy: 3:04pm On Jul 22
emperor863:

If you're being economical with the truth, you'll not ask a Yoruba man to leave Yoruba Land. A land built by our ancestors. Do you know that everything northwards from Jibowu was part of western region? If you do not know Jibowu, it means Mushin, Oshodi, fadeyi, Palm Grove up to ikorodu and Epe are part of western region. I guess, in your opinion, western region belongs to the Hausa or Igbo.

In every sensible man's opinion, western region belongs to the Yorubas.

Mister man, wr know what are saying.
so osun people left Oshogbo and went to build Lagos ?
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by digitaccountant: 3:05pm On Jul 22
Rubyjade:
I was inside a moving vehicle at Oshodi making call and my phone was snatched from me while on a call.

Imagine that. What did people around you do ?

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by PHAYOL81: 3:06pm On Jul 22
MasterJayJay:
Reno Omokri released a fake list that added Lagos among top twenty. I had to factcheck him. He even promised 10k if he's wrong. As if em go pay.

Hatred beclouds reasoning. Reno Omokri is running a false campaign against southeast because of his hatred for Peter Obi.

RENO named his source which is a reputable one but you go round to pick another source, though equally reputable, to call him out. OB1DENSE and senselessness seems inseparable.

MasterJayJay:

Na gullible people like you Reno dey use their brain to drink garri.

Time magazine is not same as Timeout.

YOU guys are pathetic and damn ignorant. The way you promote propaganda and lies with reckless impunity is astounding. Time is a New York publication that started out in 1923 while Time Out is a London publication that first hit the stand in 1968 and merely expanded to New York and other few other cities decades later.
You guys have comprehension challenge that's why you always claim you win what you don't. And that's always why RENO usually ignore you when you claim to have won his wager because you chose a selected but different point to represent and counter his fact. It's pathetic
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by MasterJayJay: 3:12pm On Jul 22
PHAYOL81:

RENO named his source which is a reputable one but you go round to pick another source, though equally reputable, to call him out. OB1DENSE and senselessness seems inseparable.
Na gullible people like you Reno dey use their brain to drink garri.

Time magazine is not same as Timeout.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Okwyjesus(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22
ivandragon:
Lagos is overpopulated.

But those who want to mock Lagos should have a rethink... because your own land is probably not any better in terms of physical infrastructure and investments.

This is one of the reasons why the coastal highway is a waste of scarce resources.

The investment should have been in developing the existing seaports to make them more attractive and commercially viable.

This would help reduce the pressure on Lagos ports, reduce the population of people, reduce businesses located in lagos strictly because of the port business and spread wealth as other cities would be able to develop better.

I can't live in that over populated slum where people wake by 4am and go to bed by 11:30/12:00 bcs of traffic.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by djon78(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22
These are the best cities to live in

My vacation/work and living dream cities

By God's grace I will own substantial properties/assets in a couple of these cities for vacation and work

Most especially during the Summer
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Dwightventures(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22
Lol. Nigeria's greatest city that Tinubu built starting in 1999 is ranked as a shithole. Lol. So what then about the other jungles that people run from to go and crowd Lagos? Worse?

Una neva know anything. Sit under your palm tree and beat your chest that you're the greatest country in the whole world. No one will contest it

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by descarado: 3:32pm On Jul 22
When people say they can't stay outside lagos, I wonder if they are OK.

If not for boko haram, I prefer maidugri 100 times than lagos. That city is filt. It has no indices to be called a city.

2 Likes

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by descarado: 3:33pm On Jul 22
BoldBrainz:
😊.

See, let's be honest.

Lagos is hell on earth. Yes, it's an emerging city because it is viable enough to stand as the economic capital of Nigeria, but life on the Lagos streets is hell. You spend half of your life in traffic. The noise in Lagos can permanently raise your blood pressure and you won't even know it.

There's proven statistics that living in Lagos reduces your lifespan by ten years and it's true. We can argue it however we want for political correctness, but you and I know Lagos is not a healthy environment, bar even the countless societal vices.
All lagosians have small cray cray. Such a noisy and loud place.

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22
Amumaigwe:

You meant the same Lagos Tinubu built?
4rm Atlantic Ocean upwards oo!
abi nor be so dem talk?
grin
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by djon78(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22
Rubyjade:
I visited Canada and understood why they believe Africa is living on hunger and starvation.

If you visit some of these countries especially Canada, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan

You will know how backward many African cities are

The serenity and heavenly peace you find in those countries are out of this world. Greatly splendid

1 Like

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by stanluiz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22
If not that Damascus and Tripoli is devastated because of the endless civil war in Libya and Syria, Lagos would have carry last.

So, no American cities made top 10. America is so overrated.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by NaijaPrince18: 4:01pm On Jul 22
Yet ipob miscreants are still fleeing there which means their area is still worse 😂
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by NaijaPrince18: 4:03pm On Jul 22
KingOfTheDamned:

But most times you guys use propaganda and claim Lagos to be a megacity ?

You trash talk places like my Benin city and call other states slums.

Lagos is not an emerging city according to you people it is a mega city , so you can't use propaganda to wriggle out of this one.

Benin city wasn’t even on the list. They don’t know that place exist 😂😂😂
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by emperor863(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22
FreedomArmy:
so osun people left Oshogbo and went to build Lagos ?

The problem is your ignorance and inability to learn. HRM Oba Musendiku Adeniji Adele (1949 - 1964) came from a line of Obas with Ijesa blood (is ilesa not from Osun state?). A lot of Obas will still be produced by the same line, by the grace of God.

Elegushi, Onikoyi and 80% of the other monarchs are directly from Ilè ife in osun state

Do I need to say more?

Your problem is lack of understanding of how interwoven Yoruba Race is. Almost 95% of SW Obas got their crowns from either ilè Ife or Oyo.

As we are defending Lagos, if the need arises, we will defend Ibadan, Ijebu ode, Ondo town etc.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by MrPOTUS: 4:34pm On Jul 22
Rubyjade:
You know them once you see them, they are always in a hurry, from rushing busses to many things. A few years ago whole in Benin standing at the b/stop and the bus came for us to board it lo and behold a woman rushed the bus and everyone was staring at her and I walked up to her to ask, are you from Lagos and she said yes, I just laughed

Very true.

If you show any signs of weakness in Lagos, dem go run you street, that's why everyone is always paranoid cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Glister: 5:02pm On Jul 22
AdesegunSanni89:
At least them rank Lagos, which Igbo city dem recognized? Igbo cities no even dey map.
They said Major cities oga..Lagos is a major city in Nigeria..try dey rest with all this bigotry.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by ComeToJesus: 5:07pm On Jul 22
Reno is nothing but a rabid, ill-neutered dog who continually suffers from bouts of preoccupation with Peter Obi. He has no peace on a daily basis and can't seem to meet up with the demands of his new masters who feels he isn't doing enough to downplay PO.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by BlackRainDrops: 5:17pm On Jul 22
Jonjam269:

Yes, the Lagos your brothers and sisters are escaping to through midnight buses as refugees.
See this goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 5:36pm On Jul 22
djon78:

If you visit some of these countries especially Canada, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan

You will know how backward many African cities are

The serenity and heavenly peace you find in those countries are out of this world. Greatly splendid

You went to far mentioning Western countries. Ordinary South Africa a town there beat some major cities in Nigeria. If you haven't travelled outside Nigeria you wouldn't understand.

2 Likes

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Rubyjade: 5:37pm On Jul 22
digitaccountant:

Imagine that. What did people around you do ?
I was inside a moving vehicle. Lagos is the worst city to live in. No proper coordination in term of toine planning.
Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by andy244: 5:39pm On Jul 22
Lagos is a big slum

3 Likes

Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by Samtob90(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22
Amumaigwe:

You meant the same Lagos Tinubu built?
Yes if unbuilt, night buses would not have to take people from certain regions to that same Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Netherlands Visa Refused / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? / The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.