Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,885 members, 7,902,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% (15873 Views)

Tinubu Increases Minimum Wages To 55000 / Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses / Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:01am On Jul 26
the fear of peaceful protest!
grin

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Adambx: 11:02am On Jul 26
Have u guyz ever given a conducive atmosphere for people to reside in ur space? Have u ever made it easy doing business with u in the east d way u can aquire properties and go about ur daily lives in d north n oda parts of d country? Until u make peace amongst urselves and do away with tribal bigotism only until den u can spill what u jez said
: We are one of the highest contributors in Nigeria economy. Summarily: We even build in our land and other people's land, but how many non-indigenes build in our land? We invest in other people's land, but how many non-indigenes invest in our land?
Please don't talk against Igbos on protest, do they look like people interested in protest?[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Chetas81(m): 11:03am On Jul 26
hammer567:
HE IS NOW USING PUBLIC MONEY TO BRIBE THE MILITARY, SO THEY CAN KILL NIGERIANS FOR HIM.

THIS MAN IS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE.

NO CONSCIENCE!
IF YOU THE NIGERIAN CITIZENS DON'T HAVE CONSCIENCE, WHERE CAN YOUR LEADER GET THEIR OWN CONSCIENCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Bluntemperor: 11:03am On Jul 26
mcbreeze:
Protest never start, baba is already pissing for body

To the Jundice Eyes, ALL Things Are Yellow, no matter the good intentions, bitter People don't see good things in others!
Sior!
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:03am On Jul 26
Melagros:
COMRADES are speechless grin grin grin
Next is 4 amotekun to get direct salary increase of 250% from federal plus pension!

Baba is doing wonders!
grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Funshowilliams: 11:13am On Jul 26
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by ollypass: 11:17am On Jul 26
hammer567:
HE IS NOW USING PUBLIC MONEY TO BRIBE THE MILITARY, SO THEY CAN KILL NIGERIANS FOR HIM.

Now you know who gave the order at lekki toll gate during end sars

NO CONSCIENCE!
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Goodnewsforlife: 11:19am On Jul 26
DMerciful:
Nothing will stop the protest even if he doubles their salaries
we know say u igbos get plan

N we are waiting for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by EngineerOloye: 11:19am On Jul 26
FunkyJustice:
More like a bribery to the armed forces, lol

Lol... Lots of opinions everywhere, from far left to extreme right.

If I become a leader in this country, I will just do my best. Any one listening to Nigerian public is not ready to govern.

My sincere apologies to President Buhari for having criticized him for being insensitive.
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by LDaVinci: 11:20am On Jul 26
Tealcrestmedia:
All of these increments here and there will further drive up inflation.

Why not focus on tackling the key things affecting the larger percentage of the population, things like cost of power, availability of electricity, refine your crude so you drive down cost of fuels, run an efficient government, build up institutions to global standards so as to reduce pressure on our FX, etc. All of these things will normalize cost of living and doing business which will ultimately reduce the need for all these palliatives and incentives which are largely unsustainable.

Smh

Oga, believe me, these things are a pittance and a drop in the ocean compared to what is siphoned off corruptly so dont worry, it will cause no inflation beyond what we are witnessing already. Dont be like them who only remember inflation when it comes to benefits for the poor.
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by plantist: 11:20am On Jul 26
hammer567:

NO CONSCIENCE!

You people are irredeemable idiots. If he doesn't do anything you will abuse him and if he does you will still abuse him.
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by ollypass: 11:21am On Jul 26
Blaze14k:
Tinubu is really panicking.. never seen him so scared

No be private jet him son take escape Nija during end sars as TVC was being burnt ...baba has every reason to be scared of another protest
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by damkin24(m): 11:30am On Jul 26
hammer567:

NO CONSCIENCE!
Try to get sense for once. If he failed to do something like this you would still wail.
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by BigBashiru: 11:30am On Jul 26
hammer567:

NO CONSCIENCE!

The man has no conscience

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Believeintruth: 11:31am On Jul 26
Chinkoalhaji34:
Finally, some good news for our veterans!

This is a step in the right direction. Those who have served deserve to be taken care of, and this increase shows that their sacrifices are not forgotten.

Let's hope this trend continues, as it’s high time we prioritize our heroes.

Kudos to Tinubu for recognizing the need!

Look bro it is all a strategy aimed at placating any dissent within the military.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Believeintruth: 11:32am On Jul 26
richiemcgold:
The last time military pensioners got this kind of favour was during Jonathan's era. Despite all the efforts and protests organized by military pensioners, Buhari did not increase their pension. We all thought Buhari, being one of them, will quickly attend to their plea, but the Baba no do anything for good 8 years. Kudos to Tinubu for this one. 🫡👍

stop trying to hype the man. he is using it as a strategy to placate the military so that any dissenting voice within their ranks would be calmed down. Obviously there are reports of discontent within the armed forces.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by ubimagos: 11:36am On Jul 26
why 20% rather than the 133.33% as obtained in the minimum wage!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Believeintruth: 11:40am On Jul 26
PHIPEX:
The fear factor.

Rather than ameliorating the suffering of the masses, they chose to appease the military

The are the only people with the capability to get rid of him
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by crossbreedwears(m): 11:44am On Jul 26
Where is your sense dor Godsake? Are you so dumb that you can't think towards??
hammer567:

NO CONSCIENCE!
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by BigBashiru: 11:45am On Jul 26
Blitzerz:
Why dont u just simply please the nigerian people

Only u
Bribe their pastor
Bribe their judges
Bribe their imam
Bribe their traditional rulers.....etc

Are u not tired?

Tinubu believes so much in the power of money but the power of money will fail him this time.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by crossbreedwears(m): 11:47am On Jul 26
You're very wrong bro. Yar'adua increased armed forces salary and the pension. Buhari came into power and ensured pension were paid less then 6 months after terminal leave and paid them very well. During Buhari regime, a master warrant officer received up to 25M as gratuity and no delay in pension. That's one thing Buhari did well and also infrastructure. Go and verify from any ex personnel who retired during Buhari time
richiemcgold:
The last time military pensioners got this kind of favour was during Jonathan's era. Despite all the efforts and protests organized by military pensioners, Buhari did not increase their pension. We all thought Buhari, being one of them, will quickly attend to their plea, but the Baba no do anything for good 8 years. Kudos to Tinubu for this one. 🫡👍

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by samomoli: 11:51am On Jul 26
Pensioners should be wise 20% . Does this collerate with inflation rate. And again minimum wage is #70,000. A retired corporal earning #50000 a month before this deceitful increase will be earning #60000. Then does this make sense. Your politicians are rogues

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Basicend: 12:06pm On Jul 26
EngineerOloye:

Lol... Lots of opinions everywhere, from far left to extreme right.

If I become a leader in this country, I will just do my best. Any one listening to Nigerian public is not ready to govern.

My sincere apologies to President Buhari for having criticized him for being insensitive.

Dont even mention Buhari is any reasonable conversation.

Tinubu is careless thou, but Buhari put him a one-chance seat. He was trapped.

Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Charlie2020(f): 12:08pm On Jul 26
Mr President don't want to hear say some disgruntled members of armed forces want to upstage his government. I didn't mention c-o-u-p o

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by doncartel: 12:16pm On Jul 26
Protest is the best time for army to stage coup. There will be serious jubilation by the masses.

If the army then announces reduction of fuel price, we may see the army as Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Richarlison640(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26
He's scarred of the military taken over

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Tealcrestmedia(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26
LDaVinci:

Oga, believe me, these things are a pittance and a drop in the ocean compared to what is siphoned off corruptly so dont worry, it will cause no inflation beyond what we are witnessing already. Dont be like them who only remember inflation when it comes to benefits for the poor.

Issorait chief
Re: Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% by Antoeni(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26
The Fear of Possible Coup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / Stella Oduah: Only Ingrates Will Say Buhari Hasn’t Done Anything For South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.