Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,821 members, 7,902,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) (39531 Views)

Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / 12th Biennial Nigeria Police Games Opening Ceremony In Awka (photos) / Senegalese Players Arrive Russia In Native Attires For World Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Kenmatt(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26
BoldBrainz:

What is "Erikaiko"?

It's Akwa-Ibomites/Cross-Riverians Soup.

It's mainly vegetables.

That's Pumpkin and Waterleaf. You add lots of ingredients like Fish, fresh n dry, Periwinkle and other things.
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 6:55pm On Jul 26
Nice one Benin Republic....๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฏ
No time for controversial colors cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Arostar2023: 6:55pm On Jul 26
Prosperous111:
Dope

Always representing Yoruba!!! Muah ๐Ÿ˜˜

Na so... nobody is complaining now. But if na Airpeace , Wey be private company...wahala for don burst.
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 6:57pm On Jul 26
Botswana ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ผ
Nice one....they look like they're about 15 athletes..lovevtheir suits
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by naptu2: 6:58pm On Jul 26
I wish I could post all of these. The variety makes it stunning.

Green and white, red and black and so many beautiful colours.
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by decent2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26
Please assist me to survive this moment, it's very critical and have lost all hopes. lots of challenges from one problem to another. Haven't get another job and to eat or even TP to follow up my appointments are hard, I'm really depressed. Assist me for God sake, God bless you more fidelity bank 6011407259
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by alklas(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26
We suppose carry gold medal for dis
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by BlackRains: 7:01pm On Jul 26
Air peace comes in mind, nobody is shouting yorubarization now because is not Igbo attire

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Buharifan: 7:01pm On Jul 26
Hedonisco:
I can't believe the Olympics kicked off and nobody seems interested. Even I sef had no idea and had to Google the host and the date. Just shows how badly things are deteriorating.

This used to be a VERY big deal back in the days.
my thought too.
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Jerrite(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26
Kenmatt:

It's Akwa-Ibomites/Cross-Riverians Soup.

It's mainly vegetables.

That's Pumpkin and Waterleaf. You add lots of ingredients like Fish, fresh n dry, Periwinkle and other things.
Edikaikong is the proper name bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:03pm On Jul 26
I sight you there Burkina Faso๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ
Sight you Burundi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฎ ...nice fulani outfit
Cabo Verde ...sight you too ...!!
Cameroon.....lovely colors ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
Central Africa Republic....๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ซ nice one
looks like its raining ๐ŸŒง in some paris but who cares!!
Loving the old classical playing in the background ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Kenmatt(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26
Jerrite:

Edikaikong is the proper name bro

I'm sorry, I am not an Efik and I am not an Ibibio.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:05pm On Jul 26
Who is this guy with the touch all over the place looking like a grim reaper abeg๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜ณ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by JAWBONE(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26
Yoruba Ronus are not crying now but make Air Peace wear Isiagu, them go start to dey masturbate
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by GeneralOjukwu: 7:09pm On Jul 26
Stop talking like an illiterate.

Every country choses attires that are reflective of their local culture.

So yes, it's a fashion parade.

onome25:

As in na fashion parade we go do there
We too de pretend for every thing for this country
Now if people outside this country see us like this , them no go ever know say problem full this country trowe cheesy
I beg make them wear rag go there jare as Nigeria na jagaja grin
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by naptu2: 7:10pm On Jul 26
The United States are wearing dark blue jackets (designed by Polo), but the team Captain (Lebron James) and flagbearer (Coco Gauff) are wearing white jackets.

Coco Gauff is the youngest flagbearer in US history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:12pm On Jul 26
I can see why I love this theme of the opening, set upon 12 artistic art ... they seem to be telling the story of Paris, culture, music, dances, choreography and all sort of surprises along this 6km canal stretch . I particularlyloved the choreographyon the scaffolding and the transformation of buildings from woodwork to bricks no, its actually the note dame destroyed by fire in 2019......exciting displays!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by toprealman: 7:16pm On Jul 26
jaydeeking:
Las Las some go still run......If you know you know!!!
As long as they are not part of the โ€œTinubu is the bestโ€ crew, let them โ€œrunโ€! For the others, they must be bundled back to Nigeria to โ€œenjoyโ€ this clueless government that they support!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:20pm On Jul 26
Can't wait for them to resume the boat ride along river siene towards the Eifel tower....I never see a Naija ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ and other African countries represented grin
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by CJStarz: 7:22pm On Jul 26
Ha, Olympic don reach so?
See wetin offshore work dey cause?
I no dey current bikonu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by emonis88: 7:23pm On Jul 26
bobby007:
yoruba taking over the world, we are actually beyond Africa, we don't deal locally again
Then they r Yoruba athletes not Nigerian athletes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:23pm On Jul 26
These French people even get the mind to show two men smouching as part of their culture...tufiakwa ๐Ÿ™„

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by toprealman: 7:24pm On Jul 26
Imagine if our economy is growing like the culture we have left. Nice US outfit. Thankfully Tinubu did not change their uniform to COAT๐Ÿ˜Ž and tie Nigeria !
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Mrexcell(m): 7:28pm On Jul 26
Team nigeria is definitely sure of one gold medal with this wonder woman amusan in the team.
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:28pm On Jul 26
Chai

See rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ colours everywhere

These guys no send o, see what they did that Queen part just after the historical dramatisation of the french Revolution....

Same hunger issue that caused it
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:28pm On Jul 26
Still raining but the show goes on any ways...see below a combination of the ceremonial military band and some musicians dressed by Dior...

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:30pm On Jul 26
Back to my favorite ...the boat ride...
Congo ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฉ ...not upto 7 athletes ...heii God!!
Democratic republic of ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฉ
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by FreeStuffsNG: 7:32pm On Jul 26
Cote d voire placed in the boys quarters backyard of the boat. Smh

Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Ekaka14: 7:34pm On Jul 26
Yeahh!!! Cote de ivoire....
Djibouti.๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ...nice one!!
Egypt ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ with quite a sizeable number of athletes...๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Re: Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) by Afonja007: 7:35pm On Jul 26
Tinubu presidency dey for his people sotey dem sow babariga for them,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 / Barclays Premier League Live Scores-http://ng.supersport.mobi/default.aspx

Viewing this topic: Faithy391, Tabnation(m), gracefilled, Zizaxbast(m), 4ward4 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.