Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,631 members, 7,926,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:20 AM

Re: My Thoughts On This Protest By Chief Olabode George - My Honest Response - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: My Thoughts On This Protest By Chief Olabode George - My Honest Response (276 Views)

Bode George: My Plan To Leave Nigeria After Tinubu’s Victory On Course / Jandor Greets Olabode George At 79 / Jimi Agbaje And Yemisi Busari Meet With Party Leader, Chief Olabode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: My Thoughts On This Protest By Chief Olabode George - My Honest Response by Nellyvin(m): 7:58am On Jul 28
By Protester Aluu Vincent

Dear Supposed Elder Statesman

I bring you greetings from the land where you ought to be enjoying your self imposed exile

I have read your letter to Nigerians telling them how to live their lives, how not to join the protest because Tinubu our President is from the South and is our son. I have also read how you noted why endsars protest did not take place in the North because the leaders agreed to support Buhari a Northerner

Much as I do not wish to join issues with you, it is important to note that your post does not sit well with Nigerians especially coming from a figure like you. It is very typical of you to make such posts. Why have you not gone on self imposed exile as you promised should Tinubu win?

One of the problems of Nigeria is exactly what this post is all about. “He is our son and our turn. Let him be there whether or not he is doing well”

So the rot of 60 years can’t be fixed in one year. Why did Tinubu manipulate the process to be president? Why did he subvert the will of the people and foist himself on us knowing that he lacks the academic, mental and physical skills to be President?

Sir are you aware that the coming of Tinubu, his anti people and anti development agenda has further undermined our existence and taken us 20 years behind modernity?

Between May 29, 2023 to date, 40 million Nigerians have slid into multidimensional poverty. That’s about 29% increase in just one year. Inflation has increased by almost 10%, unemployment rate moved up by 8%, purchasing power parity has been rubbished. Yet Bode George says he is our son. South West Abi South should not protest?

Sir you can’t preach morality to us when you have benefited hugely from a spoilt system. Government and governance fail due to failure of leadership to engender good governance.

Good governance presupposes that there is effective, efficient, and accountable management of a country, organization, or institution. It involves clear decision-making processes and access to information., leaders are responsible for their actions and decisions, citizens or stakeholders have a voice in decision-making, laws are fair, enforced equally, and protect human rights, government responds to citizens' needs and concerns. There is fair distribution of resources and optimal use of resources and minimal waste while all stakeholders are included in decision-making processes.

When good governance takes place, it leads to trust in government and institutions, economic growth and development, social justice and equality, human rights protection, Improved public services, reduced corruption and Increased citizen engagement and participation

Dear Chief, in your letter did you address the concerns of the protesters or what is instigating the protest? Did you send message to the leaders to enhance good governance and make attempts to fix the 60 years rot you alluded to? It is treasonable to want to vilify innocent Nigerians who are poor, hungry and impoverished on-account of bad governance while ignoring to reprimand the leaders who failed in their duty to do their jobs.

Dear Chief, could you please tell us one thing the Tinubu government has got right? You are busy quoting inflation figures in western world and how they change prime ministers like wrapper. Did you tell us how well their economy works, how the system works, how corruption is a taboo and how well the electoral process is? The places you mention loathe bad governance, that is why when leaders fail they honourably reign or are sacked. Tell me one Nigerian leader who resigned on account of failure?

For your information the Tinubu government is atypical replica of bad governance hence the need for the end bad governance protest. Bad governance means ineffective, inefficient, and unaccountable management of a country, organization, or institution.

It involves abuse of power for personal gain.which is corruption, favoritism towards family or friends.favoritism towards close associates, exchanging favors for political support, theft of public funds, incompetent or inefficient management, secretive decision-making processes, leaders are not responsible for their actions, disregard for citizens' rights and freedoms, unfair treatment of certain groups,wasteful use of resources and failure to achieve goals and objectives.

Dear Chief, do you think all the above has taken place in the Tinubu government? Point to one aspect of good governance that the Tinubu government has got right? Did he not promise renewed hope?Has it been achieved? One year to you is not enough to fix 60 years rot. But has there been a clear roadmap like the Arise Agenda of Governor Umo Eno to fix the 60 years rot? What practical steps has the Government put in place to take us out of our woes?

Have we not had increase in poverty and inequality, political instability, economic stagnation, social unrest, human rights abuses, Loss of public trust, corruption and fraud, inefficient public services and underdevelopment since Tinubu took over?

Walter Rodney notes

IF A NATION MUST TALK ABOUT DEVELOPMENT IT MUST ASK WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT AND INEQUALITY. IF THERE IS REDUCTION IN ALL THEN DEVELOPMENT. BUT IF REDUCTION IS NOT TAKING PLACE NO NATION SHOULD SAY IT IS DEVELOPING’

Chief could you in all honesty say we doing well based on the postulations of Walter Rodney? Do you think the protest is not justified when as at today unemployment rate is over 40%, inflation is heading to 40%, more than 140 million Nigerians are living in multidimensional poverty while purchasing power is near zero.

The letter by Bode George is empty vituperative nuisance addressing symptoms and not the root cause of the issue. Bode George is part of the problems we have as a nation. He can’t be part of the solution. He is over 90 years and does not know poverty, hunger and hardship like we the youths know. He should go and rest

1 Like

Re: Re: My Thoughts On This Protest By Chief Olabode George - My Honest Response by Omoyorubatooto: 11:25am On Jul 28
I hope you and your family will lead the protest and be ready to accept the consequences when the time comes

(1) (Reply)

Borno Gov’t Declares 24-hour Curfew Amid Nationwide Hunger Protests / Stop Massacre On The Protesters Now!! NLC To Tinubu / Delta Takes Step On Implementation Of N70,000 New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.