Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,363 members, 7,910,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:21 PM

What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus (2267 Views)

He Gave Birth To Albinos Because He Refused To Worship His Family's Deity / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:14pm On Jul 28
Goodvibes007:

Your family must have a god or deity they follow before the accepting Islam or Christianity. You need to go back home and inquire. A clue may also be in your surname or even middle name. One of my middle names has Ifa***** as an example so I know, even though my family has been Christians since the 1920s or thereabouts.

Oracle you mean, hmmm?
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28
RenaissanceGuy:
Young man, you've never been a Christian just as you're not a Muslim. You're the same Rossiki (with up to 100 variations grin), Tellmeastory, jazzman771, Napata77, Reflect7,etc, who always praises Africa's traditional religions, believes Nigeria will become a world power through explosive population growth that's currently the bane of our poverty, and many other weird beliefs. I "catched" you, abi??

This man ..

The story in your siggy, come tell me the rest of it...

shocked
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by budaatum: 10:21pm On Jul 28
Sapasenator:

The most idiotic teaching on earth is turning the other cheek after a slap. I have yet to see anyone practice this, and it does not even make any lick of sense. If I am a victim of a slap on the left cheek, my fight or flight instinct will immediately kick in and I will either defend myself or remove myself from that place of harm.

It isn't brilliant to remain and present my other cheek. This is 2024 for Chrissake and we are never supposed to still live with those archaic teachings.

That's your reasoning. And as I said, assume you insulting me is you slapping me.

In the real world, please go ahead and slap. You slapping both cheeks gives me double the opportunity to record evidence on my phone, and I have a very good lawyer on retainer who would make it worth your while.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Sapasenator: 10:23pm On Jul 28
budaatum:

That's your reasoning. And as I said, assume you insulting me is you slapping me.

In the real world, please go ahead and slap. You slapping both cheeks gives me double the opportunity to record evidence on my phone, and I have a very good lawyer on retainer who would make it worth your while.

That is if you survive the slap. How do you record evidence when being slapped? You are not being realistic my friend.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28
unclejb2:

You don't need to sacrifice anything..... Just speak to them in sincerity of heart... If you are calling on Amadioha, do so when it's raining under the rain barefoot

If you are calling Njoku, pack sand and throw. Just ensure that you are doing it with a sincere and open heart

Opening up and connecting on a subconscious level to the already existing but maybe dormant forces of nature. They have myriad of names but same everywhere.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28
judatech:
We might never know the truth

I agree..

Still the search is interesting, eh?
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28
Kevineleven:

Rules:
1: Stop Using white man phone
2: Stop wearing the clothes they invented
3: Stop speaking or writing with their language
4: Stop wearing their shoes
5: disconnect your electricity
Men there are many things invented by white men that you need to reject not just Their religion.
Africans couldn't have invented any of these things, which made me to believe that God is a white man.
Now you can go and worship your ancestors

This child...

I'm glad I'm not your ancestor..

Smh

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by musicwriter(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28
Kushites:

Typical brainwashed, ignorant Nigerian buffoon, and compound dullard.

Who told you white people invented clothes?

Your wretched colonial miseducation that filled your little head with trash designed to make you feel inferior?

Where would the world be today without the numerous AFRICAN inventions that civilised the entire world?

12 Amazing African Inventions That Changed The World

1 Speech

The first words by humans were spoken by Africans.

''Using statistical methods to estimate the time required to achieve the current spread and diversity in modern languages today, Johanna Nichols — a linguist at the University of California, Berkeley — argues that vocal language must have arisen in our species at least 100,000 years ago. Using phonemic diversity, a more recent analysis offers directly linguistic support for a similar date. Estimates of this kind are independently supported by genetic, archaeological, palaeontological and much other evidence suggesting that language probably emerged somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa during the Middle Stone Age, roughly contemporaneous with the speciation of Homo sapiens.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_language

2 Writing

In 1999, Archaeology Magazine reported that the earliest Egyptian hieroglyphs date back to 3400 BCE which "...challenge the commonly held belief that early logographs, pictographic symbols representing a specific place, object, or quantity, first evolved into more complex phonetic symbols in Mesopotamia."

Who were these original Egyptians?

The Greek historian Herodotus.. described the Colchians of the Black Sea shores as "Egyptians by race" and pointed out they had "black skins and kinky hair."

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page88.shtml

In his book 'Egypt', British scholar Sir E.A. Wallis Budge says: "The prehistoric native of Egypt, both in the old and in the new Stone Ages, was African and there is every reason for saying that the earliest settlers came from the South." He further states: "There are many things in the manners and customs and religions of the historic Egyptians that suggests that the original home of their prehistoric ancestors was in a country in the neighborhood of Uganda and Punt [present day Somalia]."

''Greek historian Diodorus Siculus devoted an entire chapter of his world history, the Bibliotheke Historica, or Library of History (Book 3), to the Kushites ["Aithiopians"] of Meroe. Here he repeats the story of their great piety, their high favor with the gods, and adds the fascinating legend that they were.. the founders of Egyptian civilization, invented writing, and had given the Egyptians their religion and culture.''

(1st century B.C., Diodorus Siculus of Sicily, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus, Universal History Book III. 2. 4-3. 3)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

To summarise:

"Ancient Egypt was a Negro civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest nor objective nor unruffled. He is ignorant, cowardly and neurotic. The ancient Egyptians were Negroes. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the Black world."

- Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilisation.

3 Medicine

''The earliest known surgery was performed in Egypt around 2750 BC.... The Ebers papyrus (1550 BC) is full of incantations and foul applications meant to turn away disease-causing demons, and also includes 877 prescriptions. It may also contain the earliest documented awareness of tumors..

Homer (800 BC) remarked in the Odyssey: "In Egypt, the men are more skilled in medicine than any of human kind" and "the Egyptians were skilled in medicine more than any other art". The Greek historian Herodotus visited Egypt around 440 BC and wrote extensively of his observations of their medicinal practices. Pliny the Elder also wrote favourably of them in historical review. Hippocrates (the 'father of medicine'), Herophilos, Erasistratus and later Galen studied at the temple of Amenhotep, and acknowledged the contribution of ancient Egyptian medicine to Greek medicine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine

4 Architecture

The African empire of Egypt developed a vast array of diverse structures and great architectural monuments along the Nile, among the largest and most famous of which are the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Sphinx of Giza

The pyramids, which were built in the Fourth Dynasty, testify to the power of the pharaonic religion and state. They were built to serve both as grave sites and also as a way to make their names last forever. The size and simple design show the high skill level of Egyptian design and engineering on a large scale. The Great Pyramid of Giza, which was probably completed c. 2580 BC, is the oldest and largest of the pyramids, and is the only surviving monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The pyramid of Khafre is believed to have been completed around 2532 BC, at the end of Khafre's reign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_architecture

5 Mathematics

The invention of mathematics is placed firmly in African PRE-HISTORY.

''The oldest known possibly mathematical object is the Lebombo bone, discovered in the Lebombo mountains of Swaziland and dated to approximately 35,000 BC. It consists of 29 distinct notches cut into a baboon's fibula. Also prehistoric artifacts discovered in Africa and France, dated between 35,000 and 20,000 years old [respectively], suggest early attempts to quantify time.

The Ishango bone, found near the headwaters of the Nile river (northeastern Congo), may be as much as 20,000 years old and consists of a series of tally marks carved in three columns running the length of the bone. Common interpretations are that the Ishango bone shows either the earliest known demonstration of sequences of prime numbers or a six month lunar calendar.

Also, Predynastic Egyptians of the 5th millennium BC pictorially represented geometric designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mathematics#Prehistoric_mathematics

''Numeral systems have been many and diverse, with the first known written numerals created by Egyptians in Middle Kingdom texts such as the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus.

The earliest uses of mathematics were in trading, land measurement, painting and weaving patterns and the recording of time. More complex mathematics did not appear until around 3000 BC, when the Egyptians and Babylonians began using arithmetic, algebra and geometry for taxation and other financial calculations, for building and construction, and for astronomy''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

6 Mining of minerals

The oldest known mine on archaeological record is the "Lion Cave" in Swaziland, which radiocarbon dating shows to be about 43,000 years old. Much later on, the Africans of Egypt mined malachite....Quarries for turquoise and copper were also found at "Wadi Hamamat, Tura, Aswan and various other Nubian sites"..The gold mines of Nubia were among the largest and most extensive in the world, and are described by the Greek author Diodorus Siculus. He mentions that fire-setting was one method used to break down the hard rock holding the gold. One of the complexes is shown in one of earliest known maps. They crushed the ore and ground it to a fine powder before washing the powder for the gold dust.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining#Prehistoric_mining

7 Iron Smelting

Iron smelting is a form of extractive metallurgy; its main use is to produce a metal from its ore. This includes production of silver, iron, copper and other base metals from their ores. Smelting uses heat and a chemical reducing agent to decompose the ore, driving off other elements as gasses or slag and leaving just the metal behind.

Early iron smelting:

''Where and how iron smelting was discovered is widely debated, and remains uncertain due to the significant lack of production finds.. [but] there is a further possibility of iron smelting and working in West Africa by 1200 BC. In addition, very early instances of carbon steel were found to be in production around 2000 years before the present in northwest Tanzania, based on complex preheating principles. These discoveries are significant for the history of metallurgy.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smelting

8 Religion

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus. From his own statements we learn that he traveled in Egypt around 60 BC. His travels in Egypt probably took him as far south as the first Cataract. He wrote about the black races of inner Africa whom he called ''Ethiopians'', dwelling south of Egypt.

"They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifices among the Ethiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity."

9 Laws

Stephanus of Byzantium, who is said to represent the opinions of the most ancient Greeks, says:

"Ethiopia was the first established country on the earth, and the Ethiopians were the first who introduced the worship of the Gods and who established laws."

Quoted by John D. Baldwin, Prehistoric Nations, p. 62.

10 International Trade

In 1825, Arnold Hermann Heeren (1760-1842), Professor of History and Politics in the University of Gottengen and one of the ablest of the early exponents of the economic interpretation of history, published, in the fourth and revised edition of his great work Ideen Uber Die Politik, Den Verkehr Und Den Handel Der Vornehmsten Volker Der Alten Weld, a lengthy essay on the history, culture, and commerce of the ancient Ethiopians, which had profound influence on contemporary writers in the conclusion that it was among these ancient Black people of Africa and Asia that international trade was first developed.

He wrote that as a by-product of these international contacts there was an exchange of ideas and cultural practices that laid the foundations of the earliest civilizations of the ancient world. Heeren in his researches says:

"From the remotest times to the present, the Ethiopians (ancient name for blacks south of the Sahara) have been one of the most celebrated, and yet the most mysterious of nations. In the earliest traditions of nearly all the..civilized nations of antiquity, the name of this distant people is found.

..The annals of the Egyptian priests are full of them, and the nations of inner Asia, on the Euphrates and Tigris, have interwoven the fictions of the Ethiopians with their traditions of the wars and conquests of their heroes; and, at a period equally remote, they glimmer in Greek mythology. When the Greeks scarcely knew Italy and Sicily by name, the Ethiopians were celebrated in the verses of their poets, and when the faint gleam of tradition and fable gives way to the clear light of history, the lustre of the Ethiopians is not diminished. They still continue to be the objects of curiosity and admiration, and the pen of clear-sighted, cautious historians places them in the highest rank of knowledge and civilization."

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3025163?seq=2#metadata_info_tab_contents

11 Philosophy

Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy#Ancient_philosophy

Philosophy in Africa has a rich and varied history, dating from pre-dynastic Egypt, continuing through the birth of Christianity and Islam. Arguably central to the ancients was the conception of "ma'at", which roughly translated refers to "justice", "truth", or simply "that which is right". One of the earliest works of political philosophy was the Maxims of Ptah-Hotep, which were taught to Egyptian schoolboys for centuries...Ancient Egyptian philosophers made extremely important contributions to Hellenistic philosophy, Christian philosophy, and Islamic philosophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_philosophy

''Ancient Egyptian philosophy has been credited by the ancient Greeks as being the beginning of philosophy''.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_philosophy

12 Art

The oldest art objects in the world—a series of tiny, drilled snail shells about 75,000 years old—were discovered in a South African cave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art

Thanks for this.
With the vast information offered by the Internet, any African that refuses to wake up is a fool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by correctguy101(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28
Abee79:
Religion is a scam.
Every single person is some sort of "infìdel", "unbeliever" or "pagan" in another person's religion & will perish except they accept that one true religion.
People have been kìlled because of religion than all the world wars put together.
People have used religion to advance their own self interests successfully over the centuries - nations were built, gēnocides were justified, immoral practices were "divinely" explained, fortunes were amassed without questions and humanity discarded . . .

Religion is a major flaw in human nature 😞💔💔

I see you ...

My fellow infidel... grin🤣

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by joseph1832(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28
musicwriter:

Thanks for this.
With the vast information offered by the Internet, any African that refuses to wake up is a fool
I believe waking up is something the contemporary African can never do. They enjoy the benefits of being fools, after all, "ignorance is bliss". Chai.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Dotherightthing: 11:00pm On Jul 28
My first dream about rapture was when I was too young to hear or know about or understand it.

Yet God allowed me to remember the dream until I was old enough to understand what the rapture was.

Subsequently I have had 2 other dreams about it.

If making heaven is the only reason why we stick to Jesus Christ, it is MORE THAN worth it.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Validated: 11:09pm On Jul 28
Kushites:

I believe my ancestors’ deity was Amadioha.

But I have no idea how to observe the religion!

I’m stuck!

If you see the diseases, poverty, lack and backwardness of your ancestors as better than those who worship Jesus, then go ahead.

Just forget al that those who worship foreign God brought to you. Start riding mules and stop using all that technology has offered, because they came from those who worship forego.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Abee79(m): 12:18am On Jul 29
correctguy101:

I see you ...

My fellow infidel... grin🤣
😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Spy360(m): 1:57am On Jul 29
Kushites:
Any ideas please?

I’m sick of going to church and seeing that white man face staring at me.

I don’t believe that God is white and that He has a white son that I’m supposed to worship.

I REFUSE to be brainwashed by the British.

Can any of you guys recommend a good traditional deity to follow, please?

Or if not, a good traditional priest who can direct me accordingly.

Much appreciated. undecided
But God isn't white and neither is Jesus
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by thumbsme(f): 3:44am On Jul 29
First of all my brother, I am happy that you agree that the spiritual is real. And that it is very crucial to every human existence.

However, I can assure you that the picture of the white man you are tired of is just a mere human depiction for motives only known to the initiators and NOT THE CHRIST.

Throughout history, human being, being fallible have always sought and fashioned an evidential representation of the true God even to their damnation before the very true God.

Strangely but sincerely I tell you again, that "British" white man you see every Sunday was never Christ and will never be.
So, before you switch Lane as so seriously desirous to do, take a step and know the Real Christ the Son of God. Believe me, if you know Him, you do not want an alternative to Him, because He is the All-settling, All-rendering and all transforming one - The very ultimate of truth.

Forget what anyone who claimed they represent this Christ may have told you especially if their lifestyles do not exemplify total love, truth and life which Christ epitomises.
I KNOW HIM, and I can bet you don't want to lose hime once you know Him!

Now, He is closer than you think. Just make up your mind to seek Him alone and say this prayer Genuinely:
"Lord Jesus, I accept my weakness and sinfulness and I come to you now. Forgive my sins and accept me as I am. Come into my life and reveal very self to me.
I desire a real personal encounter and companionship with you from this day on. In Jesus name" Amen
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Adaisback(f): 5:26am On Jul 29
Kushites:

Thank you my brother. 🙏

What is the most effective way to call on these powers?

Is it by prayer?

Incantations?

Should I sacrifice a hen?
Get ready o. Traditional religion for igboland no be Mai Mai o. Some will even require a dead person's cloth, vulture, eagle . Infact, by the time they are done dealing with you, na you go run back to Christianity.
Many of these priests are fake. Before you can get the real one, even you go confused. Trust me, Am from Anambra state, I lived in Okija with my Aunt while schooling, so I know a lot about these stuffs.
If you don't like catholicism, try pentecostal. I was harbor the same thought until I decided to have a personal relationship with God and I never regretted, the book of Enoch also helped me in this regard.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Kevineleven(m): 6:40am On Jul 29
FRANCISTOWN:

This is the most unreasonable analogy I've seen my whole life.
People who have brain know that you only buy what is useful to you. When someone brings something to you, you take what is good for you and reject what will harm you. I wonder how this common sense flies over some people's head.

White man also brought homosexuality. I guess you are gay then.
What brought gay into this , homosexuality have been existing secretly among black people, it has nothing to do with color.
The white men only brought it to light.
Sorry about the insult that I posted earlier, calling me gay really pissed me off.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Sapasenator: 7:08am On Jul 29
Adaisback:
Get ready o. Traditional religion for igboland no be Mai Mai o. Some will even require a dead person's cloth, vulture, eagle . Infact, by the time they are done dealing with you, na you go run back to Christianity.
Many of these priests are fake. Before you can get the real one, even you go confused. Trust me, Am from Anambra state, I lived in Okija with my Aunt while schooling, so I know a lot about these stuffs.
If you don't like catholicism, try pentecostal. I was harbor the same thought until I decided to have a personal relationship with God and I never regretted, the book of Enoch also helped me in this regard.

Ada beke, ke ije!

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by RenaissanceGuy: 8:28am On Jul 29
correctguy101:

This man ..
The story in your siggy, come tell me the rest of it...
shocked
Fortunately, I'm unable to say more than that.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Aditkd(f): 9:14am On Jul 29
Greetings ladies and Gentlemen.
All I can say is this, all should go read "The Secret Teachings Of All Ages by Manly.P. Hall".
Thank you and do all have a pleasant day ahead Pp
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Zaheertyler(m): 9:24am On Jul 29
Have you seen a shrine of God before?
Before you go and bow to what you don't know pity your offspring at least
All God wants is your pure heart

And Jesus isn't white in the bible
That where you find the most high God
Not in things created by man
Read acts of apostles I think where Paul addressed the people of Athens it will help you
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Expanse2020(m): 9:31am On Jul 29
If Christianity tired dire you to pick up a Quran and read the first two chapters.. I bet you will find peace and the patch you want for your self
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Everyday247: 9:38am On Jul 29
Expanse2020:
If Christianity tired dire you to pick up a Quran and read the first two chapters.. I bet you will find peace and the patch you want for your self
Drop Quran PDF link
I'm not planning to convert but I want to learn about Islam.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Everyday247: 9:42am On Jul 29
Kushites:
Any ideas please?

I’m sick of going to church and seeing that white man face staring at me.

I don’t believe that God is white and that He has a white son that I’m supposed to worship.

I REFUSE to be brainwashed by the British.

Can any of you guys recommend a good traditional deity to follow, please?

Or if not, a good traditional priest who can direct me accordingly.

Much appreciated. undecided
What kind of Traditional diety are you looking for?
Many of these deities are very similar to the Christian diety.
You can try a great spirit instead, they are not as demanding as deities.
An example of one is the ones worshipped by the native Americans.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Expanse2020(m): 9:56am On Jul 29
Everyday247:
Drop Quran PDF link
I'm not planning to convert but I want to learn about Islam.
Read with clear mind
And if you need answers to some questions let me know..
We talked better...
https://www.alislam.org/quran/Holy-Quran-English.pdf

The idols cannot protect themselves talkless of humans.
It is only the True God that can protect, and grant us our wishes
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by KnownUnknown: 10:01am On Jul 29
budaatum:

My suggestion is, read the books (Bible and Quran to start with), yourself instead of going to church to stare at a white face.

You should have just kept your advice to yourself. Why the Bible and Quran? The rubbish in those books are not going to help him!
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by KnownUnknown: 10:02am On Jul 29
budaatum:

My suggestion is, read the books (Bible and Quran to start with), yourself instead of going to church to stare at a white face.

You should have just kept your advice to yourself. Why the Bible and Quran? The guy said he’s tired of foreign fairy tales and nonsense but you just double down with the nonsense.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by budaatum: 10:22am On Jul 29
KnownUnknown:

You should have just kept your advice to yourself. Why the Bible and Quran? The guy said he’s tired of foreign fairy tales and nonsense but you just double down with the nonsense.

Well, I obviously didn't keep my advice to myself, so there.

The Bible and Quran because they are the two most ubiquitous books in Nigeria and are good for understanding the written text. Also the contradictions in the two would create a dissonance that makes believing either most impossible, and will create a passion for understanding and circle squaring.

Foreign fairy tales because they are far more advanced than Nollywood, and feed the mind with quite a lot to nibble on.

I would have prescribed other books like Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, or Heidegger's Time and Being, but they might be far too advanced for a person struggling with the two I did recommend, especially if they are the believing sort instead of the understanding sort.

I do not consider fairy tales to be nonsense. Chinua's tortoise story being a case in point.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by KnownUnknown: 10:37am On Jul 29
budaatum:

Twisting yourself into a pretzel to justify the unjustifiable. Like a typical Christian; when the implication of a sentence is obviously unacceptable, they start changing the meaning of the word.
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by Everyday247: 10:41am On Jul 29
Expanse2020:

Read with clear mind
And if you need answers to some questions let me know..
We talked better...
https://www.alislam.org/quran/Holy-Quran-English.pdf

The idols cannot protect themselves talkless of humans.
It is only the True God that can protect, and grant us our wishes
Seen thanks
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by KnownUnknown: 10:46am On Jul 29
budaatum:

Well, I obviously didn't keep my advice to myself, so there.

The Bible and Quran because they are the two most ubiquitous books in Nigeria and are good for understanding the written text. Also the contradictions in the two would create a dissonance that makes believing either most impossible, and will create a passion for understanding and circle squaring.

Foreign fairy tales because they are far more advanced than Nollywood, and feed the mind with quite a lot to nibble on.

I would have prescribed other books like Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, or Heidegger's Time and Being, but they might be far too advanced for a person struggling with the two I did recommend, especially if they are the believing sort instead of the understanding sort.

I do not consider fairy tales to be nonsense. Chinua's tortoise story being a case in point.

Kant or Heidegger had opinions but don’t just assume that he can’t understand them. Also, Kant and Heidegger are not in the same class of literature as the Bible and Quran. The Avesta, Odu Ifa, Baghavad Gita are the other works you should have recommended along with the abrahamic stuff. You could have also recommended the Book of Mormon and Dianetics. Chinaua Achebe’s works are not akin to religious lore.

Also, why are you comparing those fairy tales to Nollywood when you can compare them to indigenous fairy tales?!

Besides, the Bible is actually worse than Nollywood. Lmao
Re: What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus by budaatum: 10:48am On Jul 29
KnownUnknown:

Twisting yourself into a pretzel to justify the unjustifiable. Like a typical Christian; when the implication of a sentence is obviously unacceptable, they start changing the meaning of the word.

KnownUnknown, I really thought you and I had gone past the point where unknown you would know buda, but it seems we still have a very long way to go.

Does a "typical Christian" tell anyone to read the Bible and the Quran?

Do you seriously think your mind reading skills are so good that you quite understood the implication or intent of my initial post?

You should put in more effort in to trying to know the unknown instead of assuming you already know things about buda that you obviously do not know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Was Jesus Born? / Youtube mega list. . . / How Do I Get Delivered From The Spirit Of Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.