Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,427 members, 7,932,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:19 AM

24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) (70380 Views)

Hunger Protest Begins In Niger State (Pictures) / Soldiers "Take Over’ Major Abuja Road 72 Hours To Hunger Protest / Hunger Protest Spotted In Wuse, Abuja - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ChrisblaOffurum: 2:04pm On Jul 31
bussyJJ:
Oponu....
In Nigeria, the protest is as a result of bad state actors who are feeling pained that the election conducted didn't bring them to power even when some came distant third position.

There is hunger in the land. Yes it is true, but what have the individuals done about it? did hunger start today? have they gone to farm? they blame the government and i ask, define government. Are the masses not the authority? are they not the ones who sent people to represent them? What have they done to support those they sent to represent them? If they are hungry they should go to farm and not allow themselves to be used with hunger as an excuse or tool to be used by those who lost out of election to cause chaos.

The rot of over 16 years cannot be cured by just 1 and half year of Tinubu in government. Peter Obi had 8 years as governor of a state yet left Anambra as one of the worst state in terms of development and governance.

Those behind the protest are only calling for anarchy and chaos to make this administration unstable.

Even if the protest ends, untill the farmers harvest their crops, there's nothing that can be done about the hunger. Government can not farm to feed the whole nation. Most Nigerians want everything to be given to them freely without them working for it.

Minimum was increased to about N30k Abia state and Benue that i am aware of were still paying workers about N18k till date. But it is the federal government that they want to blame. Even if it is increased to 200k, federal government will pay her own workers but will the state government pay their workers? will the private sector pay? are the protesters protesting against their state government or against Tinubu? The man -Tinubu- has increased minimum wage. Ask your state governors to implement it and lets see.

Traders in the market are increasing prices in the market at will, are they protesting against those traders? but it is Tinubu that is increasing prices.
We need to be wise as a people in this country.
The call for anarchy should be resisted by all means and those supporting it should be brought to book.

For me, i am not protesting because the protest is just a call for anarchy. The government is working round the clock to make sure things work out for good.

Don't allow hatred for a particular ethnic group to cloud your sense of reasoning.

Tinubu is working!
My brother you have said it all. a quick question please>> Who gives directives in your Family house, is it your mother, your father or the children? (2) if there is no food in the house who takes the family to the farm to work, is it the work of the father or the children. please answer no hurt feeling.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by nedu666: 2:04pm On Jul 31
Smartcitizen:

YOUR VIEW IS WHY YOUR STATE WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE THE CENTER OF WAR.

I WONDER WHEN BENUE PEOPLE WILL START REASONING LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS.

He is not from benue he is a yoruba man pretending to be from benue. Remember omenka who was always claiming benue man until hausa and Yorubas clashed in sasha riot. Suddenly omenka starts threatening hausas with death and destroy. You begin to wonder wetin concern benue man for hausa-yoruba fight
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Bamss1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 31
NaughtyBrainiac:
I am a Supporter of BAT and I fully support everyone that intends to come out to protest peacefully.

No matter the hardship an average Nigerian goes through, people in Governemnet can NEVER understand the extent of hardship. This is because they are spending public money. It is ONLY a protest like this that can make them understand how bad things are.

As much as I have fate in BAT, I still strongly believe that he could do better than this. Better in the aspect of finding sustainable ways to ease hardship while we work on securing the future of Nigeria and Nigerians. It is paramount that Nigerians want to survive first, na perosn wey survive today go dey hope for bright future.

All these palliatives are not sustainable in any way, it is just a waste of resources. Those 2 major policies of subsidy removal and Naira floating cannot work at the same time. One must be dropped.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I love your exposure and sincerity.
Please help us educate other tinubu supporters, let them know that this peaceful protest is for our general good and not about being obedient or batified whatever
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Global2000: 2:05pm On Jul 31
Nawa!! Na E house boy pass for this Nairaland. I commot cap for una. See writing!. Abeg commot for here. Tuee!!.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Benjamin4388(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31
Ekaka14:
Not sure how all of this will fix a poor economy, skyrocketing inflation, rising unemployment rate, security issues and more...
Why are they just realising a cushion or some form of temporary mitigations only after the people have decided on a protest...?

it's so crystal clear that they take the citizens as fools(actually most are fools)....they don't care at all...it's a master and slave relationship....when we realize this..the better for everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by hotseat: 2:07pm On Jul 31
If these remedial measures are fully implemented to the letter, the hardship being experienced would gradually begin to ease.

Let's give the government some more time.

Even if the planned protest fails to materialize, the message has been fully understood by the authorities.

However, we all owe it a duty as patriotic citizens to contribute our individual quotas in order to achieving a resounding success for the good of all.

Most Nigerians are are inherently evil and always on standby waiting to inflict pains on other Nigerians at the slightest opportunity only to turn around by heaping all the problems on the government.

Let's make Nigeria great again!

We can, yes, we can!

@hotseat
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by able20(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31
This protest has given Tinubu high blood pressure already.
Shelbi him say he's daft, he will now sit up
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by giftezekiel(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31
benuejosh:
Okay.

In Nigeria, the protest is as a result of bad state actors who are feeling pained that the election conducted didn't bring them to power even when some came distant third position.

There is hunger in the land. Yes it is true, but what have the individuals done about it? did hunger start today? have they gone to farm? they blame the government and i ask, define government. Are the masses not the authority? are they not the ones who sent people to represent them? What have they done to support those they sent to represent them? If they are hungry they should go to farm and not allow themselves to be used with hunger as an excuse or tool to be used by those who lost out of election to cause chaos.

The rot of over 16 years cannot be cured by just 1 and half year of Tinubu in government. Peter Obi had 8 years as governor of a state yet left Anambra as one of the worst state in terms of development and governance.

Those behind the protest are only calling for anarchy and chaos to make this administration unstable.

Even if the protest ends, untill the farmers harvest their crops, there's nothing that can be done about the hunger. Government can not farm to feed the whole nation. Most Nigerians want everything to be given to them freely without them working for it.

Minimum was increased to about N30k Abia state and Benue that i am aware of were still paying workers about N18k till date. But it is the federal government that they want to blame. Even if it is increased to 200k, federal government will pay her own workers but will the state government pay their workers? will the private sector pay? are the protesters protesting against their state government or against Tinubu? The man -Tinubu- has increased minimum wage. Ask your state governors to implement it and lets see.

Traders in the market are increasing prices in the market at will, are they protesting against those traders? but it is Tinubu that is increasing prices.
The call for anarchy should be resisted by all means and those supporting it should be brought to book.

For me, i am not protesting because the protest is just a call for anarchy. The government is working round the clock to make sure things work out for good.

Don't allow hatred for a particular ethnic group to cloud your sense of reasoning.

Tinubu is working!

You forgot to add the part where bandits are now billing farmers, killing farmers and destroying their farm produce. Abi your phone no de browse that one ni
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by DaddyCoool: 2:09pm On Jul 31
SpaceX:
The protest must go on!!! I wish to be there but i'm down with malaria, hopeful to get back to my feet before August 11th.

Me too. Down with Typhoid. Scheduled to get well on August 11

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by mrkings84(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!

Think About It
Peter Obi contested election and lost and you are still attacking him this way, you are even blaming the hardship and hunger in the country on him.

Now tell me, what would u have done should Peter Obi won the elections and things are this bad?

The masses put the people in government as you claim you know, and now the same masses want to protest the bad representation then u calling Peter Obi.

Is Peter Obi the masses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Smartcitizen: 2:10pm On Jul 31
nedu666:

He is not from benue he is a yoruba man pretending to be from benue. Remember omenka who was always claiming benue man until hausa and Yorubas clashed in sasha riot. Suddenly omenka starts threatening hausas with death and destroy. You begin to wonder wetin concern benue man for hausa-yoruba fight

Oh my goodness.

This people and propaganda nawaoo.

I pray they will not destroy Nigeria with this propaganda.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by vivaAfrica: 2:11pm On Jul 31
Its unfortunate that Tinubu as the Presedent seems like he is the target for the peaceful protest but, this protest is more about the lawmakers who only consume more that 40 percent of all the budget.
In developed World Akpabio would have resigned by now with that type utrance he made some hours ago
Islie:

https://punchng.com/full-list-24-hours-to-hunger-protest-steps-fg-has-taken-to-stop-demonstration/?amp
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by biafranrealson: 2:11pm On Jul 31
Non of the points listed here made any meaning.
Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by adams123: 2:13pm On Jul 31
I'm yet to see any important point here
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ukoshadi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31
AmiableMosquito:
The President is doing a lot but the media needs to amplify the efforts of the Presidency.

Let me use this opportunity to introduce you all to the Citizens' Assembly. This is an initiative of the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Community Engagements (North Central). The Citizens' Assembly is a platform created to bring the government closer to the people. It aims to bridge the disconnect between the government and the people.

Let the government know your immediate concerns in your community through the Citizens Assembly and these issues will be escalated to the highest authorities for swift resolution.

Together, let's co-create the society we desire.

God bless Nigeria
share your operational details...
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by phorget(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31
DaddyYankee:
Nothing can stop embittered bitter grievingory Obi people because they are grieving, mourning, and bereaved of their lord and savior, bitter grievingory Obi shameful defeat and humiliation

You better face your kurubu government, Kurubu till 2035.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ufuosman(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31
All those na story
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ourcrudeoil: 2:20pm On Jul 31
Nonsense. Did he just wake up. Or his plans is to kill people first before he do the needful.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Newton1045: 2:24pm On Jul 31
PARADIZEPRIEST:
TINUBU IS FAR BETA THAN BUHA WHO NEVA ACT TILL PROTEST TURN VIOLENT sad NAIJA PROBLEM IS BUHARI LRT HIM TELL US WHERE THE 90BILLION DOLLAR HE COLLECTED FOR 8YEARS DEY angry
exactly
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by kiddkash(m): 2:24pm On Jul 31
Please share location of where rice can be gotten for 40,000
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Everydaylove: 2:25pm On Jul 31
Buhari left it at N197. This idiot should reverse back to N200.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Omenlon: 2:26pm On Jul 31
Fcwilly:
Nothing serious on ground at all, protest continue
abeg, if Una protest make Una protest, this protest noise don too much.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Zaheertyler(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Electrochemistry(m): 2:30pm On Jul 31
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!

Load of bullshit! It's amazing how people pretend that all is well when they themselves are feeling the heat. The vertigenous height of hypocrisy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Fuckyoumod: 2:31pm On Jul 31
Maxymilliano:
Medicine after death
how will all this audio steps bring down the cost of fuel, dollar and food?

He is just deceiving Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by UnfairLife7(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!
if your papa born you well come protest ground for Lagos come talk all these rubbish wey you type here.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by bdon123(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31
AmiableMosquito:
The President is doing a lot but the media needs to amplify the efforts of the Presidency.

Let me use this opportunity to introduce you all to the Citizens' Assembly. This is an initiative of the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Community Engagements (North Central). The Citizens' Assembly is a platform created to bring the government closer to the people. It aims to bridge the disconnect between the government and the people.

Let the government know your immediate concerns in your community through the Citizens Assembly and these issues will be escalated to the highest authorities for swift resolution.

Together, let's co-create the society we desire.

God bless Nigeria
Nonsense talk...d people are still hungry.Please tell me where dem dey sell rice 40k make i go borrow money buy

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Zealag(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31
FG should do more,our people are suffering. E bi n kpa wa oo😭
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by bdon123(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!
See this paid mumu man.Tinubu is working n yet fuel na 790... exchange rate to dollar over 1600... bag of rice 80k , minimum wage 70k.Thunder fire u again
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ogmask: 2:36pm On Jul 31
NaughtyBrainiac:
I am a Supporter of BAT and I fully support everyone that intends to come out to protest peacefully.

No matter the hardship an average Nigerian goes through, people in Governemnet can NEVER understand the extent of hardship. This is because they are spending public money. It is ONLY a protest like this that can make them understand how bad things are.

As much as I have fate in BAT, I still strongly believe that he could do better than this. Better in the aspect of finding sustainable ways to ease hardship while we work on securing the future of Nigeria and Nigerians. It is paramount that Nigerians want to survive first, na perosn wey survive today go dey hope for bright future.

All these palliatives are not sustainable in any way, it is just a waste of resources. Those 2 major policies of subsidy removal and Naira floating cannot work at the same time. One must be dropped.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Apt....
Thanks for this post.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Stevenbright(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31
Islie:

https://punchng.com/full-list-24-hours-to-hunger-protest-steps-fg-has-taken-to-stop-demonstration/?amp

9. “Those who want to protest can protest, but let us be here eating…” Godswill Akpabio
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by ncoolsome(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:
sad

To be honest, he's taken alot of steps since a week now or so and I'm even impressed with all of that cause it shows he's willing to do anything to ease the hardship. It means he's not clueless

It can only get better from here on.

You can catch a chicken by giving it corn till it enters the trap....this are just corn and not chicken feed,don't be fooled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wakili Relaxing At The Police Station (Photo) / #EndBadGovernance: Youths Drink Beer On A Bad, Muddy Road In Owerri (Photos) / Cash Recovered From Andrew Yakubu's Bunker In Kaduna By EFCC (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.