Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,852 members, 7,918,779 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:16 PM

Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA (8656 Views)

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her / 35 Doctors Contract COVID-19 In Kwara – NMA / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by DoWhatThouWilt: 2:02pm On Jul 31
The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Kwara Branch, on Tuesday alerted that only 650 medical doctors attend to over 3.6 million people in Kwara.

Dr Ola Ahmed, the NMA Chairman, stated this in Ilorin during a news conference ahead of the 2024 Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the Association.

Ahmed, who is rounding up his two-year tenure as chairman, said that in spite of many achievements recorded in the sector, the challenge of death of healthcare workers was cause for concern.

The NMA chairman said that health workers in their multitudes continue to leave for greener pastures outside the state and the country for various reasons.

“A lot of our colleagues have been lost to brain drain in the name of Japa. This has really affected the delivery of services to the populace.

“Apart from economic hardship, insecurity and poor medical infrastructure are some of the other reasons for the migration of doctors and other health workers from the state and the country at large,” he said.

Ahmed, however, commended Gov. AbdulRahaman AbdulRazaq of Kwara for the huge investment in healthcare delivery in the state.

He pointed out that AbdulRazaq also approved the consequential adjustment of members’ salaries as soon as it was approved, while observing that the milestone would serve as motivation for its members to be committed and discourage “Japa.”

The Kwara NMA chairman outlined various achievements of the association, including contributions towards the establishment of Kwara State University Teaching Hospital (KWASUTH).

“We achieved the approval and payment of the adjusted 2019 Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS), Skipping, and Medical Residency Training Fund (MRTF),” he said.

Ahmed further said that welfare of its members was paramount, as the Secretariat’s solar power system was upgraded with dedicated internet service and a furnished library, among others.

The NMA chairman explained that the activities of the 2024 Annual General Meetings include medical outreach to the state secretariat of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), scientific conferences, sports, and elections.

He said that the theme of the conference is “Relationship of Doctors with the Community: Improving the Community Perception of Doctors.” (NAN)

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/japa-only-650-doctors-attend-to-over-3-6-million-population-in-kwara-nma/

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Namaster: 2:05pm On Jul 31
The number is likely LESS than 300 when you remove DIABOLICAL doctors in public hospitals who would rather tweet than attend to patients.

ALSO, the brain drain will NOT stop anytime soon. Apart from the SHITTY salaries medical personnel get paid, the environment they operate in and equipment they use are so horrible an abymal they NULLIFY the effects of any caregiving.

I went to a hospital last month for a routine check up and left with a chest/lung infection I'm still dealing with.

That is Nigerian healthcare.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by DoWhatThouWilt: 2:09pm On Jul 31
grin When I read the quote below...

Apart from economic hardship, insecurity and poor medical infrastructure are some of the other reasons for the migration of doctors and other health workers from the state and the country at large

My brain suddenly remembered this Minister...

I thank God Nigerians did not make the grave mistake of voting into power the party/government that produced this man as minister. wink

11 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by kaludestiny10(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31
Why won't doctors transfuse a wrong blood group to a patient when they are overworking themselves.
I don't pray for anyone to fall ill and be at the mercy of our doctors in Nigeria because they may end up administrating a wrong medication on a patient due to over work.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by seanwilliam(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31
Omo. See update, make I go write jamb

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Anguldi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31
In Ronu State, taaaah. Fake news tongue

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by mrjoeblinks: 2:43pm On Jul 31
Ehen?
Including native doctors?
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by NwaNimo1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31
As long as there are sufficient herbalist and witch doctors....

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by bestman09(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

I thank God Nigerians did not make the grave mistake of voting into power the party/government that produced this man as minister. wink

Unfortunately for a dumbas.s like you and other APC minions, it is the same APC shit that produced the man as a minister!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

Unfortunately...they did vote them again. And still no plan to fix the medical sector other than to attempt to stop doctors doing the Saudi route last year.

But the thing has been on for decades. Even if we voted Obi today, tomorrow more doctors would jakpa. If we voted Atiku , same story. The issue is that the government is too scared to do either of

1. Allowing hospitals to charge fees....that means more expensive rates...and that does not win votes

2. Widening the tax base, and raising the tax to gdp ratio....that does not do anything for the tax base either.

Last year, Lagos budgeted 161 billion naira...or 97 Million dollars for health care. Lagos that has a lot of government hospitals. By comparison, the NY metro area hospital Beth Israel lost 150 million dollars in one year.

So Lagos spent less money on health care than one single NY hospital lost in one year.

Yet, you giuys and the agbado people vote for people who tell you they will build road and build this and give you free money. You won't vote for the person that tells you the truth about where we are, and what we need to make it better, because una wan chop money.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Codes151(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31
Pay them well and see how many doctors will turn up.

MMA na fools

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by onatisi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/japa-only-650-doctors-attend-to-over-3-6-million-population-in-kwara-nma/
ahhhh
They are still many oooo . I was even thinking only 200 is left. Lolz welcome to Tinubu Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by straighttalk(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31
Okay

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Sweetvie: 2:46pm On Jul 31
Lol
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Goodvibes007: 2:46pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

Anambra Dr. Ngige the short man devil..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by mrvitalis(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31
And you pay them less than a million a month

I don't even know why any doctor including my elder brother are doing in Nigeria because I know I won't even try it

Salary in the UK minimum 10 million a month
Salary in Nigeria ₦354k

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by SaLongs1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31
The remaining people of Kwara should keep taking Bariba traditional medicine chickena!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Diligence: 2:48pm On Jul 31
Guz: If we must cause a change to happen in this country, just know that the fantastically corrupt old order must be dispensed with.. forthwith!

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by sofeo(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31
Alright
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Ejiakusmith(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31
cool cool
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Zaheertyler(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31
Do you want us to go and beg them for you?

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Jokerman(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31
Is this not bad governance??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31
What do we expect when leaders are paying themselves millions of naira monthly and stealing billions too but refuse to pay those who matter most, the hardworking people? This is the result

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Zainabwhitemone: 2:51pm On Jul 31
Elegance Is Simplicity. All the gods will die like men.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Pureycad: 2:52pm On Jul 31
seanwilliam:
Omo. See update, make I go write jamb
lol
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:
And you pay them less than a million a month

I don't even know why any doctor including my elder brother are doing in Nigeria because I know I won't even try it

Salary in the UK minimum 10 million a month
Salary in Nigeria ₦354k

UK council tax and other income taxes would eat half of that ten million, then bills and a host of other expenses would eat much of the other half

It looks much to us because our currency is useless and also because cost of living in Nigeria is less in some ways.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Judolisco(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31
Trust me half of them are already planning to leave.... People asking them to stay no dey use Nigerian hospitals oh

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Beat Diabetes Even If You've Been Managing It For Years / Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse / JINJA Herbal Extracts Unlock the Power to Reverse Any Kind of Terminal Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.