Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,152 members, 7,949,959 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA (8754 Views)

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her / 35 Doctors Contract COVID-19 In Kwara – NMA / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by ednut1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31
Train more and pay them well. Stop crying

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by seunlayi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31
Not a surprise
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by maasoap(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31
nairalanda1:

Unfortunately...they did vote them again. And still no plan to fix the medical sector other than to attempt to stop doctors doing the Saudi route last year.

But the thing has been on for decades. Even if we voted Obi today, tomorrow more doctors would jakpa. If we voted Atiku , same story. The issue is that the government is too scared to do either of

1. Allowing hospitals to charge fees....that means more expensive rates...and that does not win votes

2. Widening the tax base, and raising the tax to gdp ratio....that does not do anything for the tax base either.

Last year, Lagos budgeted 161 billion naira...or 97 Million dollars for health care. Lagos that has a lot of government hospitals. By comparison, the NY metro area hospital Beth Israel lost 150 million dollars in one year.

So Lagos spent less money on health care than one single NY hospital lost in one year.

Yet, you giuys and the agbado people vote for people who tell you they will build road and build this and give you free money. You won't vote for the person that tells you the truth about where we are, and what we need to make it better, because una wan chop money.

Those who we voted for and those who you voted for, what's the difference between them? grin grin grin
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by adams123: 2:55pm On Jul 31

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Obviouslyblunt: 2:56pm On Jul 31
One northern governor said he couldn’t pay 70k minimum wage, so why won’t doctors japa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by mrvitalis(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31
nairalanda1:

UK council tax and other income taxes would eat half of that ten million, then bills and a host of other expenses would eat much of the other half

It looks much to us because our currency is useless and also because cost of living in Nigeria is less in some ways.

That's a big lie tax on 44k pounds is less than 20%
12k is tax free then the 44k -12k is taxed at 20%

Stop lying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Brushstrokes20: 2:57pm On Jul 31
... # sad story of Nig
The country is being ruled by thieves 💯💯💯

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by anonimi: 2:58pm On Jul 31
nairalanda1:
Unfortunately...they did vote them again. And still no plan to fix the medical sector other than to attempt to stop doctors doing the Saudi route last year.

But the thing has been on for decades. Even if we voted Obi today, tomorrow more doctors would jakpa. [b]If we voted Atiku , same story. [/b]The issue is that the government is too scared to do either of

1. Allowing hospitals to charge fees....that means more expensive rates...and that does not win votes

2. Widening the tax base, and raising the tax to gdp ratio....that does not do anything for the tax base either.

Last year, Lagos budgeted 161 billion naira...or 97 Million dollars for health care. Lagos that has a lot of government hospitals. By comparison, the NY metro area hospital Beth Israel lost 150 million dollars in one year.

So Lagos spent less money on health care than one single NY hospital lost in one year.

Yet, you giuys and the agbado people vote for people who tell you they will build road and build this and give you free money. You won't vote for the person that tells you the truth about where we are, and what we need to make it better, because una wan chop money.

Was japa an issue when Obasanjo and Atiku were in charge of our country for eight years of private-sector driven widespread prosperity, employment and peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by anonimi: 3:01pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:

Stop lying

Without lies and propaganda what else is the A-looter ProgreThieves Congress, APC
One should just find the strength and time to fact check whatever APC apologists say promptly before they confuse our people who are too laid back in their ignorance.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nedu666: 3:01pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:
grin When I read the quote below...

My brain suddenly remembered this Minister...

I thank God Nigerians did not make the grave mistake of voting into power the party/government that produced this man as minister. wink

But he was minister of labour for 8 years under buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Angelfrost(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31
Ngige said they have more than enough doctors in Nigeria...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Elidrisy20: 3:07pm On Jul 31
We are coming
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by discusant: 3:11pm On Jul 31

If care is not taken before long, it will come down to 100.
Na one Nigeriyaaa na.
Some people ignore the inadequacies of one Nigeria
because of crude oyel in the Niger delta region. If Nigeria's in Europe, Oyibo would have divided Nigeria into more manageable countries.

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by chatinent: 3:12pm On Jul 31
And over 80 percent are planning to japa if they see means.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by olyrayy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31
Namaster:

I went to a hospital last month for a routine check up and left with a chest/lung infection I'm still dealing with.

I guess you found what you were looking for grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by gigfx: 3:14pm On Jul 31
Many from the 650 remaining are writing their PLAB, whenever they pass they too will leave no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by olax02(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/japa-only-650-doctors-attend-to-over-3-6-million-population-in-kwara-nma/
Why won't they Japa, when working condition and the environment are not conducive for them. Nigeria's government has bad policies.

Hello everyone. For you guys who are based overseas and need somebody to run errands for you in Nigeria, I am 100% available for you. You can chat with me on my WhatsApp for more info. 0706 1205 678. I am ready to serve you better. Thank you.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by anonymous1759(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31
bestman09:

Unfortunately for a dumbas.s like you and other APC minions, it is the same APC shit that produced the man as a minister!

So he was a sh1tty governor In Anambra?
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 31
anonimi:

Was japa an issue when Obasanjo and Atiku were in charge of our country for eight years of private-sector driven widespread prosperity, employment and peace

I can answer this one...yes it was.

And it has been going on even before 1999. The Internet made things more easier. It got worse over time.

The thing is, Nigerian salaries for doctors have been always shitty. The health budget has always been useless. And in 1990, hospitals were described as mere consulting clinics.

Obasanjo did try to renovate the hospitals (the VAMED project...) but at the end, it started collapsing within the year, because it is one thing to install high quality MRI in a hospital, it is another thing to pay maintenace costs.

That is why I say the things I said above.

The thing is, I have been in the medical sector as a student , then as a working person. And the same arguments in 2003, are the same arguments today. Nothing has changed, because we don't want to face the cold reality of having to raise prices to get the cash to pay for improvement. Best to blame corruption and pretend that the West is oppressing us too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:

Stop lying

Thanks for the correction, and thanks for also being very rude about it.

Good afternoon.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31
maasoap:

Those who we voted for and those who you voted for, what's the difference between them? grin grin grin

Look, it does not matter who wins the election. At the end of the day, the new governments do nothing about hospital funding...because doing something means increasing hospital fees, and or increasing taxes...and that loses votes.

So, all government does is renovate a few hoospitals, build some new ones, talk about PHC, and at the end of the day, ..hand over the problem to the incoming government

Rinse and repeat.

So, what do doctors do faced with bad salaries and bad equipment...they jakpa.

At least they don't end up being faced with a patient who died because we did not have x equipment.

Nigeria is a poor country. If we want to make more money, we have to find ways to raise prices, and as a result people suffer. SO, we refuse to face the problem.

APC or PDP.

And Lord knows, it annoys me greatly.

You can mock me now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by onyxo76(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31
ednut1:
Train more and pay them well. Stop crying
who will train them? a lot of consultants have left, when you see doctors in their 40s and 50s writing plab to get into UK when instead they should be training medical students, then you know you have a very big problem on your hands.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Karleb(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31
You would think they would employ more but no, they want those that have better value for their services to come back. grin
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Bimpe29: 3:46pm On Jul 31
The push effects of this brain drain are enormous and unending. It's really unfortunate how things are going in Nigeria.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:

Stop lying

Assuming he was earing 10 million naira a month, that's 56400 pound a year.

Here are the tax rates as follows.

Personal Allowance Up to £12,570 0%
Basic rate £12,571 to £50,270 20%
Higher rate £50,271 to £125,140 40%
Additional rate over £125,140 45%

SO, the tax he would pay would be 40% RATE of income..which is almost half

The above is income tax.

There is also another tax called...council tax

COuncil tax varies from region to region, city to city. and the average Band D is 2,151 yearly..and who is in Band D

Band D:

you are a homeless person or household that does not qualify for Band B (who we do not have a statutory duty to provide housing for) you do not have a dependent child (or children) but your tenancy is not secure.

Our person earning 10 million naira a month is band A or B...so putting it into perspective...he pays something like 2000-3000 pounds. Bands are based on the value of property, not the value of anything

SO, basically, nearly 40-50% of income may go on taxes for our 10m naira guy a month.

That's a spot of research from google.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by busomma: 3:47pm On Jul 31
Creat enabling environment for d9ctors stay & practice in Nigeria. All political leaders hv made Nigeria a living hell & u expect those that hv what takes to hv a better live for themselves & families to stay back? I hope this impending protest burns down Nigeria so we can hv a complete reset. Nigeria isn't working & can't continue like this.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by UpTown001(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31
With all the resources we have. Medical practitioners are still leaving in droves.

Anyway
For you guys that are based overseas/abroad and need somebody to run errands/ get you local food in Nigeria, I am 100% reliable and available for you. Kindly chat with me on my WhatsApp contact for more info. 07042594214.
I am ready to serve you better. Thank you.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 31
anonimi:

Here is an article from the Conversation...Why Nigeria’s doctors are leaving, and how the problem can be fixed

Nigeria hasn’t been able to get on top of the problem because nothing has been tried. The government doesn’t seem to be concerned. Nigeria was the only African country listed among the 20 top exporters of physicians in 2004, with a loss of 5 499 doctors up from 1 519 in 1991.

That was in 2004, when your OBj and Atiku were in power.

LIke I said, it is an old problem. And the annoying thing is governments do not do anything about it. The first government leaves it to the next government and so forth.

And the problem has gotten worse. Today, 9 out of 10 Nigerian doctors are either jakpaing, or working towards it.

(I even know two doctors, out of the many I know who have left...one finished residency training, and the next thing, he was gone with his family. Another...a very experienced consultant, just up and left for Saudi two years ago.).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31
Ratio One Doctor to Five thousand and Five Hundred and Thirty Nine (1:5539) people in Kwara State. Please alternative doctors was not considered.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by DeltaBachelor(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31
Suffer nor dey tire you ? Ehn Doctors ? Better write IELTS and japa o. Forget patriotism.....If anything happens, na Sara be that o.

Check my signature for sure package

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jiangang / Ebola: White House Asks For $58 Million To Fight Ebola Outbreak / FG Earmarks ₦1 Billion For Payment Of Death Benefits To Deceased Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.