Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,153 members, 7,949,960 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA (8756 Views)

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her / 35 Doctors Contract COVID-19 In Kwara – NMA / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Litmus: 4:19pm On Jul 31
busomma:
Creat enabling environment for d9ctors stay & practice in Nigeria. All political leaders hv made Nigeria a living hell & u expect those that hv what takes to hv a better live for themselves & families to stay back? I hope this impending protest burns down Nigeria so we can hv a complete reset. Nigeria isn't working & can't continue like this.

I'm in the UK and the relatively well paid native UK Doctors are leaving for America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand in search of relatively better pay and working conditions. This is causing a crisis, which is why the UK solicit health care professionals from third world nations like Nigeria, India and the Philippines.

Doctors want as much money as they can earn, nothing to do with fleeing from Hell. They are placing the financial well-being of themselves and their families above patients, country or moral equivalence.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Menclothing1: 4:20pm On Jul 31
Why can’t Nigeria university have capacity to take more doctor student let the country train 20k doctors yearly for people who can afford to pay since most of them will still go out
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by mrvitalis(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31
nairalanda1:

Assuming he was earing 10 million naira a month, that's 56400 pound a year.

Here are the tax rates as follows.

Personal Allowance Up to £12,570 0%
Basic rate £12,571 to £50,270 20%
Higher rate £50,271 to £125,140 40%
Additional rate over £125,140 45%

SO, the tax he would pay would be 40% RATE of income..which is almost half

The above is income tax.

There is also another tax called...council tax

COuncil tax varies from region to region, city to city. and the average Band D is 2,151 yearly..and who is in Band D

Band D:

you are a homeless person or household that does not qualify for Band B (who we do not have a statutory duty to provide housing for) you do not have a dependent child (or children) but your tenancy is not secure.

Our person earning 10 million naira a month is band A or B...so putting it into perspective...he pays something like 2000-3000 pounds. Bands are based on the value of property, not the value of anything

SO, basically, nearly 40-50% of income may go on taxes for our 10m naira guy a month.

That's a spot of research from google.
that's not how tax is calculated
Trust 12000 pounds you pay nothing
Anything above 12,000 to 50,270 yo pay 20%
Anything above 50,270 you pay 50%

Do if you earn £60, 000.
Your tax
£12000 x 0% = 0
+
£38,270x 20% = £7654
+
£9, 730 X 40% = £ 3892

Total Tax =£11, 546
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by EnterpriseMan(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31
The remaining 650 will be gone soon. There's nothing in Nigeria for any sane person. Pack your bags and go create a better life somewhere else.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Komu1048(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31
DoWhatThouWilt:

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/japa-only-650-doctors-attend-to-over-3-6-million-population-in-kwara-nma/

I'm sure in Ekiti they will have far less cox in my LGA comprising of 6 communities can only boost of one n half medical doctor both public n Private. In fact many people have been calling nurse doctor all their lives
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nnamdi640: 4:44pm On Jul 31
They won't be able to pay them if you have more
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31
anonimi:

Without lies and propaganda what else is the A-looter ProgreThieves Congress, APC
One should just find the strength and time to fact check whatever APC apologists say promptly before they confuse our people who are too laid back in their ignorance.

Yes, thanks for calling me an APC apologist.

You are not a child, man. You guys should stop behaving like kids when someone brings contrary opinions to your facts.

Grow up man. I am ashamed of you. This is akin to bullying and behaving like the kids who mock other kids for cooties on the playground.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by nairalanda1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:

that's not how tax is calculated
Trust 12000 pounds you pay nothing
Anything above 12,000 to 50,270 yo pay 20%
Anything above 50,270 you pay 50%

Do if you earn £60, 000.
Your tax
£12000 x 0% = 0
+
£38,270x 20% = £7654
+
£9, 730 X 40% = £ 3892

Total Tax =£11, 546

The thing is, you were not clear whether the 10m is monthly or yearly.

If you had been clear, I might have had a way to argue better

SO, i assumed it was monthly, and thus made my calculations based on that

By the way, you were very rude to me. You come here and talk about owning companies, and you them abuse someone who never abused you by calling me a liar. That was uncalled for. Grow up man. Repsect your age.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by okeke6969: 5:17pm On Jul 31
You have 650 doctors you are complaining.
Under this government, by December they would have reduced to 10.
Many are still available because their paperwork is still processing....
Una think everybody knows how to summit to suffering. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

1 Like

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Benrosaria(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31
If them use one year to do it then they can.
Oh please work is life.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by GenFunction: 8:12pm On Jul 31
1ST OF AUGUST NA THE DATE EH
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by uneeking(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31
Japa is a serious option for Nigerians these days. It is however important to do so legally and without risking your life in the deserts and oceans. Learn new techniques of getting entry visas to Europe and Canada even before departing Nigeria.

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by spiceadole: 9:00pm On Jul 31
mrvitalis:
And you pay them less than a million a month

I don't even know why any doctor including my elder brother are doing in Nigeria because I know I won't even try it

Salary in the UK minimum 10 million a month
Salary in Nigeria ₦354k

Relocation requires a lot of money.
There are foreign professional exams to write and pass home and abroad,in other to get licence to practise abroad.
And with the extremely high exchange rate plus meagre salaries that doctors earn in Nigeria,it's not easy for many except the few who have financial support from their families and other sources.

If I hadn't relocated about 5 years ago,It would have been almost impossible now.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by docsholz(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31
spiceadole:

Relocation requires a lot of money.
There are foreign professional exams to write and pass home and abroad,in other to get licence to practise abroad.
And with the extremely high exchange rate plus meagre salaries that doctors earn in Nigeria,it's not easy for many except the few who have financial support from their families and other sources.

If I hadn't relocated about 5 years ago,It would have been almost impossible now.
it'll take longer but still not impossible
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by BALLOSKI: 2:40am On Aug 01
DoWhatThouWilt:
grin When I read the quote below...

My brain suddenly remembered this Minister...

I thank God Nigerians did not make the grave mistake of voting into power the party/government that produced this man as minister. wink

The man has done his own and we're facing the result of his own failure.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by anonimi: 8:25am On Aug 01
nairalanda1:
Yes, thanks for calling me an APC apologist.

You are not a child, man. You guys should stop behaving like kids when someone brings contrary opinions to your facts.

Grow up man. I am ashamed of you. This is akin to bullying and behaving like the kids who mock other kids for cooties on the playground.

I am sorry for calling you APC apologist but your statement about earnings and taxes in the UK is false.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by maasoap(m): 8:59am On Aug 01
nairalanda1:

Look, it does not matter who wins the election. At the end of the day, the new governments do nothing about hospital funding...because doing something means increasing hospital fees, and or increasing taxes...and that loses votes.

So, all government does is renovate a few hoospitals, build some new ones, talk about PHC, and at the end of the day, ..hand over the problem to the incoming government

Rinse and repeat.

So, what do doctors do faced with bad salaries and bad equipment...they jakpa.

At least they don't end up being faced with a patient who died because we did not have x equipment.

Nigeria is a poor country. If we want to make more money, we have to find ways to raise prices, and as a result people suffer. SO, we refuse to face the problem.

APC or PDP.

And Lord knows, it annoys me greatly.

You can mock me now.

This is what I'm talking about, useful submissions. I like this better.
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by Dybala11(m): 10:06am On Aug 01
bestman09:

Unfortunately for a dumbas.s like you and other APC minions, it is the same APC shit that produced the man as a minister!
So you can't differentiate between mere sarcasm and a serious talk, wahala. 😂😂
Re: Japa: Only 650 Doctors Attend To Over 3.6 Million Population In Kwara – NMA by reacthunt: 10:58pm On Aug 05
I just had to share how delighted I am with the exceptional service from SEVlaser! 🎉 Whether it's for a marriage, engagement, university graduation, or a birthday, giving something new and exciting like a laser hair removal session is such a brilliant idea. I was introduced to SEVlaser, booked a session, and they were absolutely thrilled. Reading others' positive experiences here convinced me to share mine. Check out their Laser Hair Removal in Austin for an amazing treat!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jiangang / Ebola: White House Asks For $58 Million To Fight Ebola Outbreak / FG Earmarks ₦1 Billion For Payment Of Death Benefits To Deceased Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.