Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,555 members, 7,929,801 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. (560 Views)

Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno / Inec Declears APC's Lalong Winner Of Plateau Gorvernorship Election / 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by dreamzy(m): 3:14am On Aug 05
PLATEAU STATE GOVERNOR IMPOSES 24-HOUR CURFEW ON JOS/BUKURU METROPOLIS

In a decisive move to enhance the security of lives and maintain public order, Plateau State Governor, Barr. Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang, has imposed a 24-hour curfew on Jos/Bukuru Metropolis, effective from 12 midnight on Sunday, August 4, 2024.

Governor Mutfwang, in consultation with state security agencies, took this decision after reviewing the actions of unscrupulous individuals who exploited the nationwide protest to unleash terror on innocent citizens.

The governor noted that these criminal elements, armed with daggers, machetes, and other dangerous weapons, broke into shops and restaurants along Bauchi Road and Zololo Junction, looting foodstuffs and other valuable items.

Governor Mutfwang emphasized that the curfew is in the best interest of all citizens and urged everyone to comply fully to ensure the safety and well-being of all residents. He directed security agencies in the state to ensure the total enforcement of the curfew across Jos/Bukuru Metropolis.

He warned those planning to unleash further terror on innocent citizens to desist immediately or face the full wrath of the law. The governor also called on the relevant security agencies to remain vigilant and proactive in their duties to prevent any potential disruptions to law and order.

Governor Mutfwang expressed gratitude to the citizens of Plateau State, particularly the clergy and imams, for their unwavering support of government's policies and programs. He acknowledged their cooperation and adherence to directives during the planned nationwide protest and praised their commitment to maintaining peace and unity.

"The peaceful conduct of our people before, during, and after the nationwide protest is commendable. I urge everyone to continue to uphold this culture of peace as we work together to build a united and progressive Plateau," Governor Mutfwang added.

Please Note: Any earlier statement should be disregarded as this is authentic.

Gyang Bere,
Director of Press and Public Affairs to the Executive Governor of Plateau State.
August 4, 2024.

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Goodvibes007: 3:19am On Aug 05
Well done Mr Governor.

9 Likes

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by dreamzy(m): 6:13am On Aug 05
Please moderators should push this to front page .
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Yankee101: 6:20am On Aug 05
Source
Its was dying down but Tinubu just stocked the fire with his lackluster speech
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Anguldi(m): 6:20am On Aug 05
Today clash go mad. Those bauchi road Boyz were carrying Russian and Japanese flags. Aone eatery was attacked, Boyz pack food and started beating each other right Infront of the restaurant at bauchi road
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Villa12(m): 6:44am On Aug 05
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu son Seyi Tinubu is married to an Igbo girl, but those foolish Yoruba/RONUs that hate Igbos for no just cause or become of their brother emilokan. His son is in love with an Igbo girl. Stockholm syndrome, crumbs and handouts will never let them reason properly. God see the kind people i dey share country with.
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by BALLOSKI: 6:57am On Aug 05
Hope Kaduna does not go under lock too.
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by suxkill: 6:57am On Aug 05
Anguldi:
Today clash go mad. Those bauchi road Boyz were carrying Russian and Japanese flags. Aone eatery was attacked, Boyz pack food and started beating each other right Infront of the restaurant at bauchi road

Anguldi those guys want enter that Yankwanli abi kasuwa darray market .
Make they traders there thank God

1 Like

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Anguldi(m): 7:03am On Aug 05
suxkill:

Anguldi those guys want enter that Yankwanli abi kasuwa darray market .
Make they traders there thank God
They might likely defy the curfew order. The good thing is that the people know the troublesome areas, so the security forces know were to protect
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by gikowri(f): 7:16am On Aug 05
Governor who declared the curfew knows the hungry protester's will still come out. There is hunger in the land
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:36am On Aug 05
I hope this protest will not escalate to something else
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Goodnewsforlife: 8:22am On Aug 05
Anguldi:
Igbos n fanning chaos are 5 n 6

Today go mad but u ain't doing d madness in your region
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by CountinBlessins(m): 8:26am On Aug 05
Goodnewsforlife:
Igbos n fanning chaos are 5 n 6

Today go mad but u ain't doing d madness in your region

Shut up and stop telling us lies about what they are doing.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old man wey go dey lie up and down

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Goodnewsforlife: 8:54am On Aug 05
CountinBlessins:

Shut up and stop telling us lies about what they are doing.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old man wey go dey lie up and down
if u Igbos think I am like helinues that u can b trolling at will then u are on a long thing

U mentioned me like 10 times with your newly created accounts

Me I no send your Papa n this is the last reply I will dignify u with
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by helinues: 8:56am On Aug 05
Goodnewsforlife:
if u Igbos think I am like helinues that u can b trolling at will then u are on a long thing

Bro, some of those people don't have a meaningful life outside NL because if they do, they won't be trolling others with numerous monikers just because of politics.

That's how ingrained their bitterness is

3 Likes

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:17am On Aug 05
helinues:

Bro, some of those people don't have a meaningful life outside NL because if they do, they won't be trolling others with numerous monikers just because of politics.

That's how ingrained their bitterness is
u are d one feeding them

Learn to ignore them n they won't troll u

The fool gave me over 10 mentions but I didn't reply him so he calm down

Once u ignore them they won't come back again
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by helinues: 9:30am On Aug 05
Goodnewsforlife:
u are d one feeding them

Learn to ignore them n they won't troll u

The fool gave me over 10 mentions but I didn't reply him so he calm down

Once u ignore them they won't come back again

Bro, you have no idea about how many mentions I do receive in a day. Infact I respond to less than 5%. On Thursday alone, I received nothing less than 500 mentions, that's for you to know how jobless some of those people are.

4 Likes

Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:33am On Aug 05
helinues:

Bro, you have no idea about how many mentions I do receive in a day. Infact I respond to less than 5%. On Thursday alone, I received nothing less than 500 mentions, that's for you to know how jobless some of those people are.

ignore them all

Many of them followed me thinking I will give them attention, since I ignored them they have let me b
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by MrsAdenike(f): 10:12am On Aug 05
helinues:

What's today target? Wasted already?
Re: 24hrs Curfew Declared In Jos/Bukuru Metropolis Of Plateau State. by CountinBlessins(m): 10:59am On Aug 05
Goodnewsforlife:

Stop crying mugu . nA your fada be Igbo. And I don't send your generation, just stop lying and being a nuisance online.

Your mates don go work go find work 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cry more okay

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Policy Has Tinubu's Administration Ever Got Right? / Power Must Return To North In 2011 –elders [or Else?] / The Next 48 Hours In Nigeria Will Be Crucial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.