Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,138 members, 7,949,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? (19017 Views)

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam / How Did You Land Your Current Job? / How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Nature129(m): 7:55am On Aug 07
Hello, Nairalanders!

Nowadays, it's not uncommon to see Nigerians with digital skills sign up on freelance platforms where they meet foreign companies to work for one and earn in USD. These digital skills include writing, digital marketing, affiliate marketing, software development, website development, online consultancy, etc.

However, these freelance marketplaces are increasingly becoming saturated, making it extremely difficult to land freelance projects.

Some of us were fortunate to earn some good money when things were better and have tried to use the opportunity to switch to a full-time remote role but it has been extremely difficult.

Have you been fortunate enough to get a full-time remote role from Nigeria? If so, how did you do it? What tricks worked for you? Please share them with us.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Mbee247(m): 8:20am On Aug 07
I got mine through referals, cold dm's work though.

And this worked out too----> Let assume you a video editor and you focused on a certain niche, you narrow down to your target market, you know where they are, you could look through their video content to look for errors in 'em and correct it.

Once you are done with the correction, look for their(target client) email and send to them, although before putting up the video in the email, you would need to compliment them and below the complimentary words, you send the video.

If you are really good, if they like it, they might want to bring you in to work with them.

It does not only work for video editing gigs, it can work for all kinds of digital skills as well like digital marketing, Software development, cyber security and the likes.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Kennietech(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07
Okay
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Miramonica: 1:29pm On Aug 07
Na Upwork o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by rajiedreez: 1:30pm On Aug 07
It didn't eventually land before taking off again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by SmartyPants(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07
Nature129:
Hello, Nairalanders!

Nowadays, it's not uncommon to see Nigerians with digital skills sign up on freelance platforms where they meet foreign companies to work for one and earn in USD. These digital skills include writing, digital marketing, affiliate marketing, software development, website development, online consultancy, etc.

However, these freelance marketplaces are increasingly becoming saturated, making it extremely difficult to land freelance projects.

Some of us were fortunate to earn some good money when things were better and have tried to use the opportunity to switch to a full-time remote role but it has been extremely difficult.

Have you been fortunate enough to get a full-time remote role from Nigeria? If so, how did you do it? What tricks worked for you? Please share them with us.

There's no trick to it.

1. You have to be extremely good at what you do. Not just good by Nigerian standards but by global standards.

2. You have to be a good culture fit. Can you talk and easily blend in with people of other cultures?

The rest is basic.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by SpaceX: 1:30pm On Aug 07
Remote yab folks show up let others learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by StatisticianDr: 1:30pm On Aug 07
I just got a remote job, though it's a contract. The pay is not bad because it's even higher than salary in Nigeria. This because I will be paid in dollars. My friend in Nigeria gave me the information to apply for the job.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by DaddyCoool: 1:31pm On Aug 07
Which one be foreign job? Or you mean remote work?
My guy needs hand job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Readinglamp: 1:32pm On Aug 07
Meerahbel:
Here on nairaland
Same in 2020. I just stumbled on a thread at the right time. Wrote tests and scaled through. God came through for me through mankind last last.

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by ayusco85(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07
;Dw
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by handsomeyinka(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07
Na prayers ooo..

Psalm 23

Psalm 51

Psalm 91..

Prayer is the master key.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Nomerci: 1:33pm On Aug 07
Na yahoo with juju win am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Macdeey: 1:33pm On Aug 07
grin

Japa !!!

It was after Japa not before Japa to be specific 😎😎😎

So with the current Tinubu APC Shege Banza government ! Don't wait till you land a foreign job , before you Japa , just Japa and you go see job anyhow you wan do am πŸ˜…πŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by adaperry25: 1:34pm On Aug 07
Following with keen interest. About to stop 9-5

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by westfield: 1:34pm On Aug 07
Ok
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Obiisafruad: 1:36pm On Aug 07
Via a neighbor, as a frontend developer..
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Harddiskng(m): 1:36pm On Aug 07
Lol you can’t get info as vital as this from Nairaland with the crab mentality of the average Nigerian.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by nduprincekc(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07
following
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by nduprincekc(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07
following this
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Iceiscold: 1:44pm On Aug 07
Information
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:44pm On Aug 07
Someone will hustle to get a remote job as a newbie, and MTN and epileptic power supply will now become the weapons fashioned against you.

Please, I'm a professional Virtual Administrative Assistant and could really use some referrals.

32 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Seunpapa65: 1:46pm On Aug 07
Lol Nigerian doesn't like to share what the know that works for them
That was how I asked someone to help me Amazon job tho he demanded for money to teach me and help me apply since then na so so story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Meerahbel: 1:46pm On Aug 07
ChemicalReaction:
You'll hustle to get a remote job as a newbie, and MTN and epileptic power supply will now become the weapons fashioned against you.
Get solar na

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by givedemwotowoto: 1:47pm On Aug 07
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by YorubaPrince: 1:48pm On Aug 07
I might be needing some remote workers based in Nigeria to do some work on my behalf...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by spartachico(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07
Onlyfans VA/manager
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:51pm On Aug 07
Meerahbel:
Get solar na

The comment made wasn't for me though. However, it's a common problem newbies in the remote space go through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by Acrofab: 1:53pm On Aug 07
YorubaPrince:
I might be needing some remote workers based in Nigeria to do some work on my behalf...
Interested
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by thatsleepboy1: 1:54pm On Aug 07
Re: How Did You Land Your Foreign Job? by sirskinny: 1:56pm On Aug 07
Quote author=YorubaPrince post=131381669]I might be needing some remote workers based in Nigeria to do some work on my behalf... [/quote]
Pls I really need remote job, styledarhh@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal Character Commision Recruiting Graduates / Nigerian Army Begins Recruitment For 82 Regular Recruit Intake / How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.