Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,495 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:42 AM

7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York (23459 Views)

Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough / : DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos] / A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
H0mosexuals are disliked for their attitude and nothing more.If they practiced it in their own home then nobody would care but then they want to force their habit on everyone.I mean h0m0sexuals are so disgusting.The other day i was in the pub drinking and watching football then this unhealthy frail looking white man approached were i was sitting and this is how the conversation went.
White man: hello are you nigerian?
me: yes i am nigerian and how did u guess that?
white man:i just took a wild guess
me:ok
white man:i have always been s3xually attracted to africans and i had really love to go down on an igbo guy.I heard igbo guys are well hung
me:sorry i am straight and i am not into gaay s3x
white man:too bad i had love to lick ur warm sperm down my throat
me:mister man why dont you move along.i just told u i am not into that
white man:if u let me go down on you i had do it better than a woman
me:look here you ugly looking faag plz move along b4 i show u my true colour
white man:why you such homophobic! you so rude!
me:move along u nut rider b4 i shove your head in ur asss
he walks away
Thats h0mosexuals for u grin grin grin grin grin
nasty lot they are grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by BetaThings: 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2011
I am all for homocide
All these talk just give them more confidence
Let us do the right thing
Keep your environment clean!
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by ortopazz(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2011
ortopazz:

@prince if u cal us inept 4 keeping in touch wiv our valuez then ask your self watsup, cuz am guesin u dint ask your self whn u allowd an alien culture to brain wash u dry.

It our identity, infact we should be more rigid abou it, becos if russia and china r knwn 4 nt conforming wiv the western poo, then we cud make bold our stance on it.

We are capable of surviving on our own, I think we  need to be disvalued by the west, b4 we Africans esp. WE NiGERIANZ can wake up.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
As I said: don't give them an inch.

I don't know how someone can lose his means of livelihood for saying something as simple as this:

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/01/footballer-lee-steele-aims-homophobic-tweet-at-gareth-thomas.html

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16511735

And some yeye people would open their mouth and say allowing the filth has no impact on our lives.

Criminalise it!

Well done, Senators!
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 1:12am On Jan 30, 2012
The Barbarians are at the gates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16780079
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 7:56am On Jan 30, 2012
Sagamite:

As I said: don't give them an inch.

I don't know how someone can lose his means of livelihood for saying something as simple as this:

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/01/footballer-lee-steele-aims-homophobic-tweet-at-gareth-thomas.html

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16511735

And some yeye people would open their mouth and say allowing the filth has no impact on our lives.

Criminalise it!

Well done, Senators!

You're exhibiting double standards - what that guy said is no different to what Suarez said that he doesn't talk to negritos. If Suarez was banned for that, this dude deserves the sack.

No one even forced him to sleep beside the gay dude, but he felt a need to ridicule him in public for no reason. If you go out of your way to insult someone with no real justification then you get what you deserve.

However, with Nigerians' rampant casual racism and tribalism, most peeps say worse things everyday so can't comprehend this type of issue.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 10:59am On Jan 30, 2012
debosky:

You're exhibiting double standards - what that guy said is no different to what Suarez said that he doesn't talk to negritos. If Suarez was banned for that, this dude deserves the sack.

No one even forced him to sleep beside the gay dude, but he felt a need to ridicule him in public for no reason. If you go out of your way to insult someone with no real justification then you get what you deserve.

However, with Nigerians' rampant casual racism and tribalism, most peeps say worse things everyday so can't comprehend this type of issue.

No 1, I have said it several times, I don't equate racism to anti-homosexuality. So I don't see the basis of comparison.

No 2, lets say fair enough, the rules in the country is pro-poof. Does he have to lose his job? Did Suarez lose his job? This is proof of the use of severe force to create acceptance of poofs by the Barbarians. The only acceptable thing is to voice your support for poofs, anything against is suppressed brutally. He obviously ONLY expressed his lack of interest in sex with a poof? What is so wrong with that? He said his arse is locked to such. Is that worthy of losing his means of livelihood?

I say NEVER in Nigeria. Poof Haram! grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2012
Here is another one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093646/Former-Archbishop-Canterbury-senior-clerics-therapist-row-gay-conversion.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Why was she sacked? Why stop her means of livehood? Worse still, the poof was the one that went to her for help.

Secondly, this same British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy that struck her off, thinks it is OK to use therapy for paedophilia but thinks it is a crime to use therapy for poofterism? This are supposedly experts that are behaving like bias cretins.

Can you see their arguments for acceptance of poofs is not based on logic, instead it is based on suppressive force? We are suppose to accept without any questioning. I don't see how you will think therapy can change one unconventional sexual desire but think it is a crime to try it against another.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sagamite:

No 1, I have said it several times, I don't equate racism to anti-homosexuality. So I don't see the basis of comparison.

I am not equating them, but they share many common features - the dominant group seeks to denigrate the minority, often purely for self gratification without any provocation. That tweet wasn't necessary in any sense of the word. The ga-y contestant didn't make a pass at him or anything so it is unwarranted.

No 2, lets say fair enough, the rules in the country is pro-poof. Does he have to lose his job? Did Suarez lose his job? This is proof of the use of severe force to create acceptance of poofs by the Barbarians. The only acceptable thing is to voice your support for poofs, anything against is suppressed brutally.

Are you saying people don't lose their jobs for making racist comments? People can and do lose their jobs. Suarez was engaged in a heated EXCHANGE with an opponent, not simply mouthing off in isolation.

No one is using severe force to do anything. Many people do not support homosexuality but are not attacked for it. This tweeter DELIBERATELY set out to cause offence and that is not acceptable. If you are against it you can express that in non-insulting fashion.

He obviously ONLY expressed his lack of interest in sex with a poof? What is so wrong with that? He said his arse is locked to such. Is that worthy of losing his means of livelihood?

Why express that 'lack of interest' when not approached? Did he express his interest/lack of interest against each person in the celebrity house? Why single out the homosex-ual person for ridicule? Do you express your interest/lack of interest of sex with your co-workers randomly?

I am sure the guy signed up to anti-discriminatory terms and conditions and has violated them. He is a public representative and should conduct himself with decorum.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sagamite:

Here is another one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093646/Former-Archbishop-Canterbury-senior-clerics-therapist-row-gay-conversion.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Why was she sacked? Why stop her means of livehood? Worse still, the poof was the one that went to her for help.

Secondly, this same British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy that struck her off, thinks it is OK to use therapy for paedophilia but thinks it is a crime to use therapy for poofterism? This are supposedly experts that are behaving like bias cretins.

Can you see their arguments for acceptance of poofs is not based on logic, instead it is based on suppressive force? We are suppose to accept without any questioning. I don't see how you will think therapy can change one unconventional intimate desire but think it is a crime to try it against another.

Again she was fired for violating the code of ethics. The issue here is with the code of ethics - if it becomes acceptable to treat people who want to 'change' then there will be no issue. But till the law/ethics are changed, you abide by them - simple. If you know what the ethics require and choose to go against them, then be prepared to face sanction.

If she doesn't like the rules governing the profession, go do something else. I can't wake up one day and decide I want to practice medicine based purely on my views - by registering with a medical registration board, I become bound by their rules and they can strike me off if I violate them.

I don't support entrapment either though, but then again, if as a policeman someone approached you to trap you with a bribe and you accepted, you are still guilty of accepting bribes. If indeed she did violate the code of ethics, then the punishment is warranted.

Whether we like it or not personal beliefs and professional ethics will have boundaries - the key is to separate them and not muddle them up.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
debosky:

I am not equating them, but they share many common features - the dominant group seeks to denigrate the minority, often purely for self gratification without any provocation. That tweet wasn't necessary in any sense of the word. The ga-y contestant didn't make a pass at him or anything so it is unwarranted.

Are you saying people don't lose their jobs for making racist comments? People can and do lose their jobs. Suarez was engaged in a heated EXCHANGE with an opponent, not simply mouthing off in isolation.

No one is using severe force to do anything. Many people do not support homosexuality but are not attacked for it. This tweeter DELIBERATELY set out to cause offence and that is not acceptable. If you are against it you can express that in non-insulting fashion.

Why express that 'lack of interest' when not approached? Did he express his interest/lack of interest against each person in the celebrity house? Why single out the homosex-ual person for ridicule? Do you express your interest/lack of interest of sex with your co-workers randomly?

I am sure the guy signed up to anti-discriminatory terms and conditions and has violated them. He is a public representative and should conduct himself with decorum.

Come on, are you saying "heated exchange" provides more grounds for using racist words?

There is nothing like attack in what he said. What he said was just a plain objection to homosexuality. Nothing of hate.

Look at it in the context: There is a scenario where you will be in a closed facility with a 6ft 3 or so muscly gay man who would not have access to s.ex. He jokes he would not want to be next to such a person, is that enough grounds to take away his means of income from him? If it was a woman that said that about a 6ft 3 muscly heterosexual mine in a confined place, would she be sacked?

If I express lack of interest of s.ex with my 50 something year old, fat female boss, do you think I would be sacked?

Would someone lose their job if they said (without any query) they don't like African food because it just stinks?

debosky:

Again she was fired for violating the code of ethics. The issue here is with the code of ethics - if it becomes acceptable to treat people who want to 'change' then there will be no issue. But till the law/ethics are changed, you abide by them - simple. If you know what the ethics require and choose to go against them, then be prepared to face sanction.

If she doesn't like the rules governing the profession, go do something else. I can't wake up one day and decide I want to practice medicine based purely on my views - by registering with a medical registration board, I become bound by their rules and they can strike me off if I violate them.

I don't support entrapment either though, but then again, if as a policeman someone approached you to trap you with a bribe and you accepted, you are still guilty of accepting bribes. If indeed she did violate the code of ethics, then the punishment is warranted.

Whether we like it or not personal beliefs and professional ethics will have boundaries - the key is to separate them and not muddle them up.

What role of ethics says you can use therapy to treat one intimate desire but you cannot use it for others? Is that sane?

What bunch of bias and suppressed quacks made such code of ethics? You don't see anything wrong in that logic?
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 6:01am On Jan 31, 2012
Another absolutely ridiculous hypocrisy from one of the so-called "progressive" pro-poof nations that go around lecturing African countries on "being civil" and "leaving people to live their lives".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/11/23/bc-polygamy-ruling-supreme-court.html

These are the types of cretinous positions that irritate me to the bone. Coming from Judges of a SUPREME COURT!!! A career apex that makes some other people worship them and refer to them like if their words are the words of Gods (trust Sagamite is not one of those, I filter even what God himself tells me).

So polygamy "harms" children and needs to be criminalize (and worth 5 years in jail) but they think homosexuals raising kids does not harm them?

African government officials should start shoving this publicly in their faces anytime they open their stewpid mouths.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2012
Sagamite:

Come on, are you saying "heated exchange" provides more grounds for using racist words?

I'm not saying it provides more grounds, but it provides mitigating circumstances - i.e. a rash comment in the heat of the moment. Suarez was rightly punished anyways, according to the rules governing his sport. This is different from making an unprovoked, clearly discriminatory comment for no reason.

There is nothing like attack in what he said. What he said was just a plain objection to homosexuality. Nothing of hate.

Look at it in the context: There is a scenario where you will be in a closed facility with a 6ft 3 or so muscly gay man who would not have access to s.ex. He jokes he would not want to be next to such a person, is that enough grounds to take away his means of income from him? If it was a woman that said that about a 6ft 3 muscly heterosexual mine in a confined place, would she be sacked?

He ridiculed and singled out the g-ay dude for no reason - if he made similar comments about EVERY contestant (i.e interest or disinterest in sex) then it could be considered non-discriminatory.

Why does he need to express this view on the internet ridiculing the individual? Have you heard female contestants coming out to make similar protestations? It simply was unnecessary - no one had even forced him to share a bed in the first place.

If I express lack of interest of s.ex with my 50 something year old, fat female boss, do you think I would be sacked?

Why would you even express this in the first place? Is it normal practice to express lack/interest in sex with people just because you work with them? Is this something you'd go in and tell your boss just randomly?

Would someone lose their job if they said (without any query) they don't like African food because it just stinks?

That is a general comment - not liking food is different from ridiculing a specific African because of what he eats. The latter would be discriminatory.

What role of ethics says you can use therapy to treat one intimate desire but you cannot use it for others? Is that sane?

What bunch of bias and suppressed quacks made such code of ethics? You don't see anything wrong in that logic?

I didn't write the ethics rules - if you know the rules then you abide by them. If you don't like them then go do something else. I don't know the details so I can't go questioning them simply because I have different personal preferences.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2012
debosky:

I'm not saying it provides more grounds, but it provides mitigating circumstances - i.e. a rash comment in the heat of the moment. Suarez was rightly punished anyways, according to the rules governing his sport. This is different from making an unprovoked, clearly discriminatory comment for no reason.

I don't think someone in a heated debate using racist words is in a position of better mitigation than someone making a joke at the expense of another.

There was really no hate in the Oxford player's comments.

debosky:

He ridiculed and singled out the g-ay dude for no reason - if he made similar comments about EVERY contestant (i.e interest or disinterest in sex) then it could be considered non-discriminatory.

Why does he need to express this view on the internet ridiculing the individual? Have you heard female contestants coming out to make similar protestations? It simply was unnecessary - no one had even forced him to share a bed in the first place.

No 1, he does not need to make comments about every contestant as he might not be opposed to intimate relations with the others.

No 2, he most likely particularly mentioned the rugby player because of his physique as he was not the only poof in the house.

No 3, do you think if he said he would padlock his d[i]i[/i]ck to prevent the wild older woman (Denise) from sleeping with him, he would face any punishment?

No 4, there is nothing offensive about his comment even if made on the net.

No 5, women say such things all the time. Stalker! Pervert! etc Do you see them punished? Do you think a woman would be sacked if she said EXACTLY the same thing he said about an heterosexual man?

debosky:

Why would you even express this in the first place? Is it normal practice to express lack/interest in sex with people just because you work with them? Is this something you'd go in and tell your boss just randomly?

The question is would I be sacked?

debosky:

That is a general comment - not liking food is different from ridiculing a specific African because of what he eats. The latter would be discriminatory.

Lets say I agree with you. Would someone be sacked for saying an African was eat stinking food?

debosky:

I didn't write the ethics rules - if you know the rules then you abide by them. If you don't like them then go do something else. I don't know the details so I can't go questioning them simply because I have different personal preferences.

I think fundamentally, to have a good argument, you have to question the rational of the rule instead of stay clear and say people should follow it. Otherwise it is completely safe to say you agree: If you know Africa/Nigeria's poof laws, then abide by them. If you don't like them then go somewhere else and live. I don't know the details so I can't go questioning them simply because I have different personal preferences.

You can't give such answers because it is convenient when you clearly understand the logic and you know the rational fails logically.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2012
Sagamite:

Another absolutely ridiculous hypocrisy from one of the so-called "progressive" pro-poof nations that go around lecturing African countries on "being civil" and "leaving people to live their lives".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/11/23/bc-polygamy-ruling-supreme-court.html

These are the types of cretinous positions that irritate me to the bone. Coming from Judges of a SUPREME COURT!!! A career apex that makes some other people worship them and refer to them like if their words are the words of Gods (trust Sagamite is not one of those, I filter even what God himself tells me).

There is no hypocrisy here  and the judgement is clear. There is demonstrated, evidence-based harm to women and children in the particular way polygamy is practiced in this location, hence justifying the ban. Girls are married off early and boys are kicked out of communities when there are insufficient brides to go round. In light of such evidence it is right to ban polygamy.

So polygamy "harms" children and needs to be criminalize (and worth 5 years in jail) but they think homosexuals raising kids does not harm them?

You can 'think' whatever you want  but the judgement/laws need to be based on evidence. There is evidence showing that many kids get harmed in polygamous settlements of the kind in BC - if there is evidence of harm to kids in g-ay homes primarily because the parents are homosexuals (not just what you think) then such evidence should be tested in the courts, just as was done in this case.

What is cretinous in protecting girls that get married off at young ages primarily because of the polygamous set up, or boys kicked out of their communities so some old farts can have all the women?

African government officials should start shoving this publicly in their faces anytime they open their stewpid mouths.

The problem with daft African governments is that they act on impulse rather than taking evidence-based decisions. If it can be demonstrated that homosexua-l unions cause harm to society in Africa, then such evidence can be used to legislate. We are too dim to even assess the pros and cons of something before making laws.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 9:09am On Jan 31, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't think someone in a heated debate using racist words is in a position of better mitigation than someone making a joke at the expense of another.

Agree to disagree on that one - my point really is that many insulting things are said on the pitch of play due to the confrontational nature of the sport and are such not 'typical' environments.

There was really no hate in the Oxford player's comments.

There was intent to ridicule and denigrate the ga-y person simply for his sexual orientation. If the Oxford player made a pass at him then his comments could be justified.

No 1, he does not need to make comments about every contestant as he might not be opposed to intimate relations with the others.

So in essence singling out this person is intended at ridicule because of his sexual orientation and that is discriminatory.

No 2, he most likely particularly mentioned the rugby player because of his physique as he was not the only poof in the house.

Again, no need to publicly ridicule him in this manner.

No 3, do you think if he said he would padlock his d[i]i[/i]ck to prevent the wild older woman (Denise) from sleeping with him, he would face any punishment?

That's a different proposition - he's not denigrating her heterosexuality in that regard - she's not the only heterosexual in the house.

No 4, there is nothing offensive about his comment even if made on the net.

It is offensive - he wasn't even approached in the first place and it was clearly intended for ridicule, simply for being g-ay.

No 5, women say such things all the time. Stalker! Pervert! etc Do you see them punished? Do you think a woman would be sacked if she said EXACTLY the same thing he said about an heterosexual man?

They don't say those things to ridicule the person's sexual orientation. That's the key here - his aim was to ridicule the sexual orientation of the gay dude.

The question is would I be sacked?

It depends on your organisation and its rules/terms and conditions.

Lets say I agree with you. Would someone be sacked for saying an African was eat stinking food?

Again, if deemed discriminatory, the company withholds the right to take a decision based on your terms and conditions.

I think fundamentally, to have a good argument, you have to question the rational of the rule instead of stay clear and say people should follow it. Otherwise it is completely safe to say you agree: If you know Africa/Nigeria's poof laws, then abide by them. If you don't like them then go somewhere else and live. I don't know the details so I can't go questioning them simply because I have different personal preferences.

I agree fundamentally - but this law (the Nigerian law) hasn't even been approved yet, so it is technically not yet a 'law' - it is a proposal and hence can be challenged, especially when it is in clear disagreement with the constitution.

This is different from someone signing up to an established code of ethics and then going ahead to violate it.

You can't give such answers because it is convenient when you clearly understand the logic and you know the rational fails logically.

If I disagree with the logic of something, then you challenge it through the right channels in the courts.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
debosky:

There was intent to ridicule and denigrate the ga-y person simply for his intimate orientation. If the Oxford player made a pass at him then his comments could be justified.

So in essence singling out this person is intended at ridicule because of his intimate orientation and that is discriminatory.

Again, no need to publicly ridicule him in this manner.

We frequently and consistently express our lack of interest with other people without them making a pass at us. It is a normal societal norm. Is that grounds to lose our jobs?

debosky:

That's a different proposition - he's not denigrating her heterosexuality in that regard - she's not the only heterosexual in the house.

He was not the only poof in the house too.

debosky:

It is offensive - he wasn't even approached in the first place and it was clearly intended for ridicule, simply for being g-ay.

No.

For him to pick ONLY the poof that was bigger than him and use the word padlock (suggesting defencelessness), it can be said he targeted more because of the size. Is that grounds to lose your job?

If he said that about a female 6ft 2 bodybuilder, he would not lose his means of income even if he was not approached. Worse still, even if he was ridiculing.

debosky:

They don't say those things to ridicule the person's intimate orientation. That's the key here - his aim was to ridicule the intimate orientation of the gay dude.

But they say it to ridicule the person's se[i]x[/i]. Is that grounds of sacking them from their job?

debosky:

It depends on your organisation and its rules/terms and conditions.

Again, if deemed discriminatory, the company withholds the right to take a decision based on your terms and conditions.

There will be no organisation that can or will sack you for that. It will be seen as outrageous. You have to admit that. The worst you will get is a warning IF ANY ACTION, not even a demotion.

That shows this is just some excessive use of force to suppress anything against homosexuality.

Did Cameron get any punishment for saying the Shadow Chancellor was like a Torrents victim? People make jokes about others all the time and they don't lose their jobs.

debosky:

I agree fundamentally - but this law (the Nigerian law) hasn't even been approved yet, so it is technically not yet a 'law' - it is a proposal and hence can be challenged, especially when it is in clear disagreement with the constitution.

This is different from someone signing up to an established code of ethics and then going ahead to violate it.

If I disagree with the logic of something, then you challenge it through the right channels in the courts.

What kind of code of ethics says:

You can use psychotherapy to "treat" someone for paedophilia.

You can use psychotherapy to "treat" someone for s[i]e[/i]x addiction.

You can use psychotherapy to "treat" someone for lack of interest in s[i]e[/i]x.

But you should not try and use psychotherapy to "treat" someone for poofterism. Don't touch it, just say it is OK.

Where is the logic?

That is pure evidence of what I have been saying for years: There is NO WILL to find out about homosexuality or question it. They just want to go around forcing and dragooning people to accept it with weak logic.

That illogicality is more peeving than the poofs themselves.

What part of the constitution does the proposed law disagree with?
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
Sagamite:

We frequently and consistently express our lack of interest with other people without them making a pass at us. It is a normal societal norm. Is that grounds to lose our jobs?

Do you single out those with a different orientation to make fun of, and broadcast it on the internet? If it was a ‘societal norm’ as you claim then there wouldn’t have been a fuss about it. As a public figure you are held to a higher standard of judgement .

He was not the only poof in the house too.

Good - so he is ridiculing someone for being a muscular ga-y man. Even more discriminatory. cheesy

For him to pick ONLY the poof that was bigger than him and use the word padlock (suggesting defencelessness), it can be said he targeted more because of the size. Is that grounds to lose your job?

It implies he feels he will be attacked for no reason - tantamount to calling the big dude a rapist without any evidence. Such baseless, unprovoked slandering is unacceptable. If his employers deemed it worthy of the sack, then that’s their call.

If he said that about a female 6ft 2 bodybuilder, he would not lose his means of income even if he was not approached. Worse still, even if he was ridiculing.

I don’t know that - let him post that on twitter in his next job and find out. cheesy

But they say it to ridicule the person's se[i]x[/i]. Is that grounds of sacking them from their job?

You don’t call someone a pervert unless you see them doing something perverted - same for stalker. This guy is calling someone a rapist without cause.

There will be no organisation that can or will sack you for that. It will be seen as outrageous. You have to admit that. The worst you will get is a warning IF ANY ACTION, not even a demotion.

If no organisation will sack you for that then he should be able to claim compensation for unfair dismissal.

Did Cameron get any punishment for saying the Shadow Chancellor was like a Torrents victim? People make jokes about others all the time and they don't lose their jobs.

Suarez too could’ve been said to be making a ‘joke’ but got punished. When your goose is cooked, it is cooked. grin

What kind of code of ethics says. . . . .

But you should not try and use psychotherapy to "treat" someone for poofterism. Don't touch it, just say it is OK.

Where is the logic?

The logic may come from knowledge that majority of such attempts to ‘treat’ poofterism don’t work, and many end up making the patients depressed and suicidal.

Furthermore, it is widely accepted in the field that homosexuality is not a disorder but a natural orientation, so there's nothing to 'treat' in the first place.

That is pure evidence of what I have been saying for years: There is NO WILL to find out about homosexuality or question it. They just want to go around forcing and dragooning people to accept it with weak logic.

There are many studies out there doing research into homosexuality. That you don’t know about them doesn’t change the fact of their existence.

What part of the constitution does the proposed law disagree with?

Freedom of association for one.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2012
debosky:

Do you single out those with a different orientation to make fun of, and broadcast it on the internet? If it was a ‘societal norm’ as you claim then there wouldn’t have been a fuss about it. As a public figure you are held to a higher standard of judgement .

You have made an assumption he singled out because of different orientation despite the fact there was another poof there. He was most likely commenting on a mix of seeing a huge man that could be attracted to him. An imagination of helplessness

Secondly, a lot of jokes involves singling out. Be it fat people, men, women, disable, culture. All are societal norms that people don't lose their means of livelihood for as long as it is not extreme or hateful. Comedians do worse.

Nothing he said was extreme/hateful (even if he was picking on him) and I have given you numerous examples of such singling out that you cannot even say confidently people will lose their jobs if they did exactly the same thing. He was unfairly dealt with purely because of the culture in the UK that suppresses any opposition to poofs.

debosky:

Good - so he is ridiculing someone for being a muscular ga-y man. Even more discriminatory. cheesy

grin Joker!

debosky:

It implies he feels he will be attacked for no reason - tantamount to calling the big dude a despoiler without any evidence. Such baseless, unprovoked slandering is unacceptable. If his employers deemed it worthy of the sack, then that’s their call.

So if a woman said something exactly similar about a muscular man (as in, he is a potential despoiler), do you think she would be sacked?

debosky:

I don’t know that - let him post that on twitter in his next job and find out. cheesy

No, you know! grin

You know NOTHING would happen. This only happened because they will do anything to suppress any whiff of anti-poof opinion.

The minute you give poof rights, you have lost everything as you give grounds for them to be bold and start asking for protection which will lead to suppression. My point RIGHT from the start.  grin

debosky:

You don’t call someone a pervert unless you see them doing something perverted - same for stalker. This guy is calling someone a despoiler without cause.

Women call men/a particular man pervert(s) all the time and they don't lose their jobs.

Even if a man calls a woman pervert, he would not lose his job.

This just shows it is pro-poof bullying that took place.

debosky:

If no organisation will sack you for that then he should be able to claim compensation for unfair dismissal.

If I was him, I would fcking be. But a shame he does not have my brain, logic and stubborness. grin

debosky:

Suarez too could’ve been said to be making a ‘joke’ but got punished. When your goose is cooked, it is cooked. grin

I thought you said it was a heated exchange? Do you joke with offensive stuff in heated exchanges?

Chineke, Debo, why you dey twist illogicality on me just to keep a weak point going na? grin

debosky:

The logic may come from knowledge that majority of such attempts to ‘treat’ poofterism don’t work, and many end up making the patients depressed and suicidal.

Furthermore, it is widely accepted in the field that homosexuality is not a disorder but a natural orientation, so there's nothing to 'treat' in the first place.

No 1, I think it is safe to say it is inconclusive in the scientific society the reason for homosexuality. It is not widely accepted it is a natural orientation.

No 2, in science, because some attempts have not worked is not grounds to completely ban all attempts of solving a problem forever. Na science na. grin

No 3, if it is working for other [i]s[/i]exual orientation and pervasions, then it should be grounds to allow experts explore what works.

That argument does not wash at all. grin

debosky:

There are many studies out there doing research into homosexuality. That you don’t know about them doesn’t change the fact of their existence.

There might be but it is clear to any logical mind that in the most advanced countries that are financially capable of exploring it, there is NO POLITICAL WILL to explore. So it is extremely underfunded. Even experts will be too scared to broach the issue if the outcome is not "urban" and "progressive". grin Pure suppression of alternative views.

debosky:

Freedom of association for one.

No one said they can not associate but types of association can be legally limited just like "progressive" Canada and their likes have shown us. grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
bleeping bastarrds! Very soon, animal sexing Nigerians in US will protest too. Why do these Nigerian morrons get derailed in US? Are they out of the country just for the purpose of learning or copying oyibo pipu?
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by james1(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2012
Na wa'o.
Talk of being crazy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki: Don’t Witch Hunt N/assembly Clerk, PDP Warns APC / Gov. Ortom And Suswam Reconcile.see How They Hugged Each Other(photos) / 2019: Kwankwaso Visits Ibrahim Babangida (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.