Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:51 AM

Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil (29836 Views)

Ofili: AFN Leaks Document Submitted To The Nigeria Olympic Committee / Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) / THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by oluadeez: 8:51pm On Aug 17
Vintage001:
My wife just gave birth to twins
congratulations sir
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by lekonso: 8:52pm On Aug 17
Gajagojo:
This is not just an NFF problem it is a Nigerians problem

Every single one of us
If immigration are not begging at the airport it is police on the road
The whole society is affected
Honestly the country called Nigeria needs a complete resurrection into a new name.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by gaskiyamagana: 8:55pm On Aug 17
casualobserver:

Watch every interview he does on his white masters stations. He is always trying to put others down to elevate himself. He clearly suffers some an inferiority complex and low self esteem. If he isn’t claiming to be the most successful Nigerian footballer and more successful than Kanu, he is telling the world that his family at home are always asking him for money and how he helped them and how all Africans are leeches when you are successful . If it is not how he paid for the flight of his team it is how he got a manager sacked. If he isn’t fighting and insulting Oliseh he is abusing or insulting or putting someone or his country down, he is putting someone or his country down.

He clearly has low self esteem and suffers from imposter syndrome where he doesn’t really believe he deserves to be where he is so he has to put others down or big himself up to justify in his mind his status.

I was in the UK when Jay Jay signed for the Bolton. Jay Jay made it cool to be a Nigerian in the UK. Everywhere you go including the office, being a Nigerian was cool because of Jay Jay. This foool is now going on TV and every time he talks he must put Nigeria or his fellow Nigerians or Africans down one way or another.

The guy is an eeediot. Just making a fool of himself and embarrassing himself.

Somebody who they spelt your name wrong and he accepted it and speaks in a fake accent just shows he has an inferiority complex.
I understand all you have said. He might be wrong on other occasions, but on this, please blame him not.
Will you be happy if Nigeria football team was unable to go or go late and loose the first game of that Olympic if he did not pay for the plane ticket?
When it comes to corruption, blame no one for disrespecting Nigeria.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by correctguy101(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17
Vintage001:

Baba ibeji congrats o...

When we go come drink and chop jollof to welcome the twins? shocked grin
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by casualobserver: 9:03pm On Aug 17
gaskiyamagana:

I understand all you have said. He might be wrong on other occasions, but on this, please blame him not.
Will you be happy if Nigeria football team was unable to go or go late and loose the first game of that Olympic if he did not pay for the plane ticket?
When it comes to corruption, blame no one for disrespecting Nigeria.

You are missing the point. Nobody is happy or sanctions or is unaware of the ills of Nigeria in general.

He is an “ambassador” of Nigerian sport and every time he opens his mouth on the white mans station all he does is put others down and tell his audience how great he is.

Jay Jay, Kanu have been on English Tv interviews more than him. I have never heard any of them say anything bad about Nigeria, Nigerians or other Africans.

The truth is Obi hasn’t got the intellect to talk about anything else. He has no football insight as a pundit.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by zinosleek(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17
and some ministers are building houses, sponsoring their babes to dubai, and flexing on people struggle. Till we start punishing those in power, we are going to continues like this
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by lucianohase(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17
Imagine! Nigeria leaders are big joke! All they know is how to loot....If they haven't looted the money meant for them board flight then Mikel wouldn't have done it.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Tykoko1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17
obinna58:
grin
It must have been paining him to say it out
As my guy convert the rate to naira now even pain am.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by babsthegreat: 9:12pm On Aug 17
sleek214:
So what? Didn't George Weah find his own country football team in many tournaments?
comon appreciate the guy

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by olusipimp(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17
sleek214:
So what? Didn't George Weah find his own country football team in many tournaments?
You're mad
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Autobot05: 9:19pm On Aug 17
obinna58:
grin
It must have been paining him to say it out

Why won’t it pain him
What changed since then
It might not be about the money … the fact that Nigeria hasn’t changed since then is painful
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by ObosiUkwalla: 9:20pm On Aug 17
sleek214:

How many times have your father funded the street football in your own neighborhood?? Ungrateful clown
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Alliswell248: 9:23pm On Aug 17
oz4real83:
I watched the minister of sports' interview on political platform, channels TV and was surprised when he said it wasn't his fault for Nigeria's failure at the Olympics, that people were put to occupy various positions and duties, he forgot to tell us who appointed the mumus that didn't do their duties. If you appoint a mumu to carry out a task, when that mumu fails, the responsibility is on the appointer of the mumu embarassed. The minister as well as other Nigerians should always learn to take responsibility for their actions or inaction embarassed

Be objective for once when criticizing people, so you expect the Minister to appoint heads for all the sporting federation. The tasks of choosing the people who would represents the country lies with each federation.

So spare the man.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Alexiiydon: 9:34pm On Aug 17
Vintage001:
congrats when are we eating rice
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Paramount01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17
oz4real83:
I watched the minister of sports' interview on political platform, channels TV and was surprised when he said it wasn't his fault for Nigeria's failure at the Olympics, that people were put to occupy various positions and duties, he forgot to tell us who appointed the mumus that didn't do their duties. If you appoint a mumu to carry out a task, when that mumu fails, the responsibility is on the appointer of the mumu embarassed. The minister as well as other Nigerians should always learn to take responsibility for their actions or inaction embarassed
but are you aware the minister have n power tl sack NFF OR ANY FEDERATION ÇHAIRMAN
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Farrason: 9:58pm On Aug 17
sleek214:

How can Nigeria be great with people like you in it. Who fail to say the truth as it is. U look the other way in the face of glaring corruption.

Him funding it is no big deal but his point is on the rot in the NFF. Funds have been released by the government for that purpose but some people sat on it and kept the team at the airport from morning till night... Such experience affects moral. It means some cabal ate that money as Mikel didn't conclude that he was refunded.. otherwise he will not still talk about it.

However in the case of George Weah, his country didn't have the funds, so he took it on himself.

It's not same thing..
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by GreyWolf01: 10:08pm On Aug 17
sleek214:

Your response indicates stupidity.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Akaegwu(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17
sleek214:
Stupidity personified
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by StJasper(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17
sleek214:

How many members of your extended family can you pay their transport fare from your village to Lagos?

Was it his responsibility?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by iamwebguru: 10:42pm On Aug 17
Congrat man, I'm happy for you

Vintage001:
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by babtoundey(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17
Vintage001:

A yo, abara tintin. Congratulations, daddy ibeji may good lord grant you all it takes to care for the new babies
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by BrutusOj(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17
And someone used the flight money to lavish on one Abuja oloshoo while EFCC became blind at that time. Nigeria, we hail thee!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Hamilton1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17
Vintage001:
In dis Economy?? shocked shocked
No knack her again for kid oo..
If you get high drive for sex, make she start taking prevention injections
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by BeigJawnson(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17
sleek214:

Na talk be this? I believe you also read where he said govt gave out money to FA but the person that the money got into his hands didn't release the money ....
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by BeigJawnson(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17
Tayorshd87:
What is the sport minister doing and also why is Nigeria like this 😢

We are very under developed WALAHI .

I pray obi becomes the president in 2090 to change this country for good 🙏

And Tinubu tries to continue to rule till 3090... Laws can be amended in the legislative chambers...
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by grandstar(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17
oz4real83:

In the first term of office, the president uses the 4 years to 'settle' those who brought him to power.

Many appointments aren't based on merit. It is in their second term when there are no more political debts to be settled, that appoints are based on merits.

Even Shagari during his second term started appointing many based on merit. He might have achieved more during his second term but the coupist put paid to that.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by 3seriez(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17
oz4real83:

In Nigeria, the culture of responsibility is not part of us, rather we are experts at shifting blame and absolving ourselves. We still have a long way to go.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by ttmacoy: 12:06am On Aug 18
And you a perfect example of why Nigeria will continue to be the mess it is.

sleek214:
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by obyikye(f): 12:15am On Aug 18
Congratulations bro.
Vintage001:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Susan Kanu Iheme Is Dead (Kanu Nwankwo Mother Dies) / Manchester United Fans Burn American Flag In Protest Against Club Owners(Photos) / BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.