Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:49 AM

Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil (29834 Views)

Ofili: AFN Leaks Document Submitted To The Nigeria Olympic Committee / Nigeria's Olympic Games Opening Ceremony Attires (Photo) / THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Smartcitizen: 12:29am On Aug 18
sleek214:
So what? Didn't George Weah find his own country football team in many tournaments?

People like you will finish the country if you find yourself in sensitive position one day.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Smartcitizen: 12:32am On Aug 18
Tayorshd87:
What is the sport minister doing and also why is Nigeria like this 😢

We are very under developed WALAHI .

I pray obi becomes the president in 2090 to change this country for good 🙏

I pray Tinubu will continue to suffer you till 2095 as a president.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by xeju: 1:30am On Aug 18
This is the problem with us, it may look patriotic but it emboldens corruption. That is how Nigerians contribute money to buy electrical transformers.
Morbeta11:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/08/16/mikel-obi-reveals-he-funded-nigerias-olympic-football-team-flight-brazil-2016-due-nffs#google_vignette
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by AnyanwuSK: 3:25am On Aug 18
obinna58:
grin
It must have been paining him to say it out

Read the article, he said it's nothing to him.

He only mentioned it because of what happened in this 2024 Olympic in France.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by RushManni: 4:27am On Aug 18
oz4real83:
I watched the minister of sports' interview on political platform, channels TV and was surprised when he said it wasn't his fault for Nigeria's failure at the Olympics, that people were put to occupy various positions and duties, he forgot to tell us who appointed the mumus that didn't do their duties. If you appoint a mumu to carry out a task, when that mumu fails, the responsibility is on the appointer of the mumu embarassed. The minister as well as other Nigerians should always learn to take responsibility for their actions or inaction embarassed

People don't take responsibility.. you force it in them.

That's why there are law enforcements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Sirdikachi: 4:29am On Aug 18
sleek214:
So what? Didn't George Weah fund his own country football team in many tournaments?

How many oil soup footballer can do such , well how many super star has your dumb tribe produce
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by DJInfluence: 5:39am On Aug 18
sleek214:
So what? Didn't George Weah fund his own country football team in many tournaments?
what a childish thing to say (am being generous with my words here). It's one thing to fund a team because there was no money (what George Wear did). But something else when money was released but never used for the intended purpose. Try get sense and ask the right questions.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by lexy2014: 5:47am On Aug 18
oz4real83:
I watched the minister of sports' interview on political platform, channels TV and was surprised when he said it wasn't his fault for Nigeria's failure at the Olympics, that people were put to occupy various positions and duties, he forgot to tell us who appointed the mumus that didn't do their duties. If you appoint a mumu to carry out a task, when that mumu fails, the responsibility is on the appointer of the mumu embarassed. The minister as well as other Nigerians should always learn to take responsibility for their actions or inaction embarassed
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Elidrisy20: 6:11am On Aug 18
Vintage001:
My wife just gave birth to twins
congratulations, but don't name them Paul & peter

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by redcliff: 6:49am On Aug 18
sleek214:

The way most of you guys think is very scary. I dont know if its poverty mentality or if its something else but i cam confidently say you do not think different than the oppressor you complain about. You are just not in a position of money or wealth or authority, this is why you have not done your part to destroy the country yet but i believe that with this kind of thought process one can see into the evil that awaits others when you have the opportunity to to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Wiseman2y(m): 6:55am On Aug 18
Vintage001:
congratulations 🎉 baba ibeji . The twins Father.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Druss(m): 8:14am On Aug 18
sleek214:

If you don't see what is wrong, then it is better you keep quiet. Our taxes were budgeted for this but some crook(s) in the ministry has/have chopped it. This 'whataboutism' with Liberia as the example is silly.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Druss(m): 8:16am On Aug 18
Flakky26:
I expect NFF to reimburse mikel back because fund must have been made for the flight.If they dont , this is really an embarrasement.

You think they get embarrassed?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by ayoplenty: 8:28am On Aug 18
This story is not complete, was his money refunded?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by tuzle(m): 8:32am On Aug 18
Vintage001:
congrats bro. They will bring more success and happiness into ur family. Omo but just know ur night sleep will be reduced by half.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by lesson44: 10:32am On Aug 18
sleek214:
Mumu among us is 5 times more than the smart ones, that is why most Nigerians are poor in a rich country. In case you don’t know,George sponsors their soccer team because the country was broke and could not afford it. In Nigeria case, the money allocated for the project went to personal accounts.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Nickymezor(f): 12:20pm On Aug 18
I hope he was later refunded.How nice of him
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by prophetfire: 2:29pm On Aug 18
oz4real83:
Then it's Tinubu that should be blamed. The man is just a big time commercial farmer that joined APC in CRS and donated to Tinubu's campaign.
He knows nothing about sports administration.
He even said when he was appointed that it wasn't Sports ministry that he was expecting, but that he would manage it.
Why appointing a farmer to run sports administration?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by prophetfire: 2:31pm On Aug 18
sleek214:
And which one have you or any of your poverty-stricken family members sponsored?
Nigeria is a very rich country and such nonsense shouldn't be happening. And the matter isn't nonavailability of money, but corruption and political infighting.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by walozanga(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18
sleek214:

U no get sense. Why ogogoro no gree u dey reasonable
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by BALLOSKI: 6:57pm On Aug 18

“The FA didn’t want to pick up the tab, the government, I think, released the money, but the FA or whoever the money got into his hands refused to release the money.

The confidence to commit corruption without fear of consequences and getting away with it is a testament to a failed system.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by okezuoemmanue(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18
okezuoemmanue:

[quote author=Vintage001 post=131557698]My wife just gave birth to twins..
Congratulations
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Mrexcell(m): 8:24am On Aug 19
sleek214:

Obi is just exposing the corruption in the nff the federal govt released money to the team but people heading the nff squandered the money.
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by Entusky(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19
Vintage001:
U no go do giveaway?
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil by GoodJohn: 11:43pm On Aug 25
The article is thoughtful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Susan Kanu Iheme Is Dead (Kanu Nwankwo Mother Dies) / Manchester United Fans Burn American Flag In Protest Against Club Owners(Photos) / BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.