Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,067 members, 7,946,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie (16121 Views)

Trump Vs Biden: Joe, You Did A Great Job - Jill Biden / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs. Iran: It's Not Over (Analysis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by wolesmile(m): 2:53pm
Written by Charles Awuzie

1. No man in history has ever won a WORD WAR against a Woman.

2. Trump spoke more times than Kamala - Kamala made more points than Trump.

3. Trump's debate strategy is called GISH GALLOP.

The Gish gallop (/ˈɡɪʃ ˈɡæləp/) strategy is a rhetorical technique in which a person in a debate attempts to overwhelm an opponent by presenting an excessive number of arguments, with no regard for their accuracy or strength, with a rapidity that makes it impossible for the opponent to address them in the time available.

The Gish Galloper makes it impossible for the opponent to respond to all their misrepresentations, lies and false claims giving the audience a false sense of judgement of who won the debate. Trump is a gish Galloper.

Kamala on the other hand applied Charm and Reverse Gish Gallop. She successfully messed up Trump and the audience with her charm. She spoke less but communicated more.

4. Chris Christie who was Trump's debate strategist became an adviser to Kamala at the 11th hour. He shared Trump's debate strategy and unpreparedness with Kamala. This was the major undoing of Trump.

But like y'all know, winning the debate is one thing but winning at the ballots is another thing.

My name is Charles Awuzie and we shall feature Controversial Debates in Big Brain Naija TV Show.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/VtTcaj8jLjbKSKV2/?mibextid=oFDknk

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by jyz200(m): 3:04pm
debate can't determine who won the election
I don't even like any of them
one is a LGBT apologists, why the other is a racist and a sadist
two sides of the same coin
it's left for Americans to determine their next president

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Blessedman98: 3:06pm
Kamala is not going to be President

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by EvilMerodack(m): 3:07pm
cry

The US having a female President is gonna set bad precedent for World powers and their wannabes(China,Russia alike no be UK, Germany o)

Its the hardest thing to wrap my head around. I wish history can skip this

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Shadomaan7: 3:08pm
Trump was so unprepared for the debate. He was just rambling.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by jmoore(m): 3:11pm
Any average person can beat Trump in any debate. Dementia was the only thing that was a disadvantage to Biden.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:17pm
KH was on fire and didnt let Trump derail the debate with yeye nonsense.... even to answer simple questions, he was dancing around talking nonsense focussing on attacking KH. she was on point everywhere while Trump was rambling about yeye nonsense (like Haitians eating cats)

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by yemmit90: 4:23pm
EvilMerodack:
cry

The US having a female President is gonna set bad precedent for World powers and their wannabes(China,Russia alike no be UK, Germany o)

Lolz, you think this is Nigeria or African countries where all institutions are barely functions withiout direction of president.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by 9japride(m): 4:40pm
MrBrownJay1:
KH was on fire and didnt let Trump derail the debate with yeye nonsense.... even to answer simple questions, he was dancing around talking nonsense focussing on attacking KH. she was on point everywhere while Trump was rambling about yeye nonsense (like Haitians eating cats)
[color=#006600][/color]

Career politicians who are good in rithoric are not necessarily good people.
They just know how to play the game of politics. I only pity the naive electorates.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Anither563: 4:45pm
Thank you for sharing these insights.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:51pm
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]Career politicians who are good in rithoric are not necessarily good people.
They just know how to play the game of politics. I only pity the naive electorates.

the difference here is that we have to be honest... when Biden was babbling on stage like a senile puppet, we called him for what he was. now Trump acted almost the same way, and we should also call it for what it is.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by onatisi(m): 5:07pm
CNN is a bad source, CNN is anti-trump, and all their comments on Trump are always 100% negative and that is the reason why Trump hates CNN and ABC, many republicans are even wondering why Trump agreed to a debate by ABC and their biased treatment towards trump was proven when they were always fact-checking trump but didn't fact check Harris

wolesmile:
Written by Charles Awuzie

1. No man in history has ever won a WORD WAR against a Woman.

2. Trump spoke more times than Kamala - Kamala made more points than Trump.

3. Trump's debate strategy is called GISH GALLOP.

The Gish gallop (/ˈɡɪʃ ˈɡæləp/) strategy is a rhetorical technique in which a person in a debate attempts to overwhelm an opponent by presenting an excessive number of arguments, with no regard for their accuracy or strength, with a rapidity that makes it impossible for the opponent to address them in the time available.

The Gish Galloper makes it impossible for the opponent to respond to all their misrepresentations, lies and false claims giving the audience a false sense of judgement of who won the debate. Trump is a gish Galloper.

Kamala on the other hand applied Charm and Reverse Gish Gallop. She successfully messed up Trump and the audience with her charm. She spoke less but communicated more.

4. Chris Christie who was Trump's debate strategist became an adviser to Kamala at the 11th hour. He shared Trump's debate strategy and unpreparedness with Kamala. This was the major undoing of Trump.

But like y'all know, winning the debate is one thing but winning at the ballots is another thing.

My name is Charles Awuzie and we shall feature Controversial Debates in Big Brain Naija TV Show.

9 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by 9japride(m): 5:54pm
MrBrownJay1:

the difference here is that we have to be honest... when Biden was babbling on stage like a senile puppet, we called him for what he was. now Trump acted almost the same way, and we should also call it for what it is.
[color=#006600][/color]

Trump is not good in passing his points. But he sincerely want things to work without minding what people say.
Others are just good in acting and masters in the game of politics.
I still maintain, I pity those that will fall for sweet talk, race card and gender.
Just like Ob@ma, very good in rithorics and the game of politics.

18 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:11pm
9japride:
Trump is not good in passing his points. But he sincerely want things to work without minding what people say.
I still maintain, I pity those that will fall for sweet talk, race card and gender.

yeah politics around the world is all about the game of make belief... but in a presidential debate, if direct questions are asked, you should at least ANSWER THEM rather than going off subject talking about the same nonsense on and on.
most of the questions asked to Trump were not answered, and he instead went haywire about some other BS.
- policy on Israel/Hamas...no answer
- policy on Ukraine war... no answer
- would you do anything different about jan6... no answer
- did you lose the last election... no answer

6 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by SultanOfAbia: 7:09pm
Trump is not a Communicator
Debates are for people that like to cho cho cho

Trump is an action man
He prefer to take action than talking bull for hours.
That is the type of Leader America needs
An Action MAN.
TALK LESS AND DO MORE

Hariis is a Communicator and a woman.
She has PhD in cho cho cho
She prefer to talk jibberish than take action
She is a typical politician.
The worst type of Leader America needs

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Tjra: 7:11pm
Finally I smoked weed for my first time just this evening and nothing happened to me.

I just want to wish you guys Merry Christmas. As we are leaving 2025 to 2021 we shall all see 2016 in jesus name.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by kennyz247(m): 7:12pm
We are proud of u Kamala,our incoming president With high IQ..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Ashirioluwa: 7:15pm
Blessedman98:

Leave that decision for the Americans who will vote during the election

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Artscollection: 7:15pm
We have enough gbege here, our own don pass debate level

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by flexyrule(m): 7:16pm
Wrong
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by jmoore(m): 7:16pm
EvilMerodack:
cry

Your likes belong to stone age.

I wonder how you will train your daughters.

Pathetic!

History won't remember people with mentality like you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by frog12: 7:16pm
useless nigerians that think they know better than americans in their politics grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Ennyjude(f): 7:18pm
smiley
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by biggie73(m): 7:18pm
Blessedman98:
...says who?
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by TheSpellChecker: 7:20pm
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]Trump is not good in passing his points. But he sincerely want things to work without minding what people say.

The correct word is rhetorics.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by dfrost: 7:21pm
tongue
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by ATEAMS: 7:22pm
Indeed
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Sapasenator: 7:22pm
Blessedman98:

You can bet money with me if you are so sure.
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Mindlog: 7:22pm
SultanOfAbia:
Trump is not a Communicator
Debates are for people that like to cho cho cho

Trump is an action man
He prefer to take action than talking bull for hours.
That is the type of Leader America needs
An Action MAN.
TALK LESS AND DO MORE

Hariis is a Communicator and a woman.
She has PhD in cho cho cho
She prefer to talk jibberish than take action
She is a typical politician.
The worst type of Leader America needs

Maybe the US needs a leader in the mould of Tinubu.
Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by Sapasenator: 7:23pm
Trump is headed for jail. He is a convicted felon who belongs in Jail. Criminality should never be rewarded.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Vs Kamala Debate: Lessons Many Missed By Charles Awuzie by omoredia: 7:24pm
U are a dreamer. So with ur smooth head u think Taliban will take an barren Kamala seriously? U are a joker

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Sign Of The Decline Of Hamas' Military Power - New York Times / US Vice Presidential Debate Holds Tonight. / Madagascar Passes Bill To Castrate Child Rapists

Viewing this topic: miracle4(m), gigabyte13, Peters1212(m), EPIJOE, solgee(m), iceberg54, ukaypeter, labamo07(m), vikstandon(m), Catchinedu(m), Wanta(m), Madeu(m), bashpoo, Jayinyourdreams(m), notttty(m), Legacy1719(m), prezee1, omoyeni37, Mombebe, Muhammadson2020, teadrake(m), val4sure(m), Laple0541(m), GREATIK(m), sslcrypt and 60 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.