Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,727 members, 7,948,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work (49739 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Mille: 7:33pm On Sep 11
Namaster:
"I don't need no man, I don't need no man!"
This is the end result.

She ABANDONED an infant for 8 solid hours. That's an UNIMAGINABLE level of cruelty. That poor baby died of TORTURE.

By the way, I don't understand why a CHILD KILLER who tried to abscond only got a MEAGRE sentence of 3 years.

This woman KILLED a person. She should die in prison.

First question on my mind was, "where is the father of the child?". However it does look like she stays alone. It's a possibility that she is a new entrant to the UK and the father stays in Nigeria though, given that she stays in accomodation provided by her employer.

UK sentencing for you. Shebi this one was negligence, wait until you see actual sentence for murder in the UK. Pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by DamnnNiggarr: 7:33pm On Sep 11
shocked
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Flangelo12: 7:34pm On Sep 11
I do feel sorry for her.

I feel more for the child.

Where's the man who gave you a child?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by koladata(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11
Everybody saying 8years , the baby is 8month Abi na different thing we dey read ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Peterzoom20: 7:36pm On Sep 11
She's even lucky it's just jail time.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by IamANigerianMan: 7:36pm On Sep 11
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by PlanetZero: 7:36pm On Sep 11
Namaster:

This is the end result.

She ABANDONED an infant for 8 solid hours. That's an UNIMAGINABLE level of cruelty. That poor baby died of TORTURE.

He'd first go thirsty. He'd go hungry. He'd get overheated. He'd get painful sores for being in one place for an extended period of time.

All because the lady CANNOT afford the cost of childcare by herself. If she had the baby with a responsible man who was in the picture, BOTH of them would have pooled their resources together to pay for a babysitter.

Or they might be on alternative shifts so one of them could look after the baby while the other goes to work.

By the way, I don't understand why a CHILD KILLER who tried to abscond only got a MEAGRE sentence of 3 years.

Omo must everything be gender war. Do u know her specific situation and who told she said she doesn't want a man

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by NaijaCover(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Kdon2: 7:36pm On Sep 11
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by eepeepook: 7:36pm On Sep 11
This menstrual cycle advert on Nairaland, couldn’t they get a fully clothed woman for it? See as my “this thing” keeps pulsating every time I come across it. Sex sells, yes, but what is the point when the product is a female one?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Softmirror: 7:37pm On Sep 11
omoredia:
Nigerians are cursed by God himself. Spit

A Nigerian has spoken. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by onuman: 7:37pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckgwkrqgzk4o

"Whilst she went to work to provide care for other people, Ruth Auta left the very person who needed her care the most home alone."

Apt. She deserved more years in jail, if not that British jails are over crammed with convicted people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by 12345baba(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11
The mumu no smart sf
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Hezzyluv: 7:38pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Sentiment aside, the mother was heartless, irrational and careless, no matter her desperation for money. Who is that adult that will leave an eight-year-old baby alone for 8 hours? Her jail term is too small.

Na 3months baby ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Rotji(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Sentiment aside, the mother was heartless, irrational and careless, no matter her desperation for money. Who is that adult that will leave an eight-year-old baby alone for 8 hours? Her jail term is too small.

Where are you all getting the 8 year old baby info from

The report is above and clear that the child was 10 weeks old, meaning roughly 2 & half months old (not even up to 3 months)

Where is the child's father in all of this 🤔

So sad a child had to suffer such cruelty from someone who is supposed to protect him the most 😪

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Catechizm: 7:42pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:

A 10 week old

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Zooposki(f): 7:43pm On Sep 11
Namaster:
Where have you seen a man taking care of a baby?

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by jaxxy(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11
Gross irresponsibility for an adult talkless of a nurse. where is the kids father in all of this?? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by pocohantas(f): 7:43pm On Sep 11
Nawa. Are we sure her head is okay? Who leaves a newborn alone for hours. Was she really hoping to come meet the child alive? 3 yrs in prison is small for this. Abroad is not designed for 1 person with kids. Very hard. Even harder for a struggling immigrant. She should have joined a Nigerian community. A church or something. I heard they have such and help each other babysit for a token.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Originalsly: 7:43pm On Sep 11
At times people do things and get away with it. Then they no longer see the risks involved but see it as a better ... what they should've been doing all along. The babysitter had not seen the child for a few days. What does this tell us? ... she found she can save by keeping the baby home alone... guess it was working fine ... until this. Just like that....prison followed by deportation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Hedonisco: 7:43pm On Sep 11
Might likely be one of the loud feminist voices on Instablog or Linda Ikeji comments, always asserting abi defending single motherhood or challenging men... Yen yen yen.

Too bad. Very soulless creeps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Houseontherock1: 7:44pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Baby was 10 weeks old.

This is sad and painful! She wasted her baby's life just to rake in a few hundred pounds. I hope the guilt tears her apart totally, even after serving her time in prison

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:44pm On Sep 11
The bible said the Love of money is the root of all evil.

As a nurse, she is suppose to be on maternity leave for 12 months. So, what is the rush to return back to work?

There are many Nigerians in that UK that she can leave the baby with to return to work but because black people are always dividing themselves for no reason, things that shouldnt be a problem is now a problem.

when we tell them come let us be a community, everybody want to do their own thing, does that make any sense to you?

When we tell them, all of them seem to know better and comedian.

Just know that baby is gone forever.

Those white were already looking for excuse to steal the baby and hand to their people that can't have kids to raise for them.

White people raising Black baby to be a coconut or bounty chocolate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Lagyazannau: 7:48pm On Sep 11
So stupid of her to abandoned a baby in a room going about her activities. Like who does that?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by zoedew: 7:48pm On Sep 11
I am not sure the pounds she earned will be of much use to her in HM Prison.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Solseal007: 7:48pm On Sep 11
Namaster:

This is the end result.

He'd first go thirsty. He'd go hungry. He'd get overheated. He'd get painful sores for being in one place for an extended period of time.

All because the lady CANNOT afford the cost of childcare by herself. If she had the baby with a responsible man who was in the picture, BOTH of them would have pooled their resources together to pay for a babysitter.

Or they might be on alternative shifts so one of them could look after the baby while the other goes to work.

Godbless you. Amen
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Ijaya123: 7:49pm On Sep 11
Afonjeezy:
She thinks it's Tinubu's regime where death is normal.

When will it be your turn for the normal thing to happen to you?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Jamie248: 7:49pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckgwkrqgzk4o

Nigerians never fail to disgrace themselves
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Bwilliam(m): 7:49pm On Sep 11
No mention of the Baby's father.
Did she go there and become a single mother, or did a man do what his people are already know for and become a demon to her.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:49pm On Sep 11
If Black people or Nigerians dey cordinate and leave wickedness, as she get job , person wey no get job can just be looking aftre the babay and collecting salary from there.

Tat is how community work but i guess Black have not exist long enough to reach community stage.

All we can do with each other is fight , even online.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Pinkyposh(f): 7:50pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Not 8 years but 10 weeks old, that was too heartless of her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imo Ranks Number One In Condom Use / "Doggy Style Causes Cancer & Stroke" – South Africa’s Health Minister, Motsoaled / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.