Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,909 members, 7,976,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work (50526 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by aswani(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckgwkrqgzk4o

A sad tale all round.

There are enough Nigerians in the Manchester Bolton area that she could have used as babysitters.

A woman that went through the pain of childbirth now going to jail for going to work to give herself and said child a better future.

Nothing for anyone to be joyful about, this is so sad, I feel for her. I hope others learn their lesson from this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:14pm On Sep 11
papyjaypaul:

NL will not allow me post a picture because of the daily limits. There is a picture on this post that explains what you wrote here. We need to adjust what we think is modernism, it is not helping society at all.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=8202996&post=131837950

Do u want to know what is failure?

Failure is not what you do in school or jobs.

Failure is when your child is permanently taken away to be raised by white people as one of them.

That is failure.

People dating and jumping around relationship dont know anything about life until the baby arrive.

E don set...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by aribisala0(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11
jahsharon:

Na money to take care of the baby she go look for ooooo. Some Oyinbos dey leave baby for house to go fucck their new boyfriends. This one leave baby for house to go look for money to take care of the baby.

She took a very bad risk. It's unfortunate it ended that way. She lost her baby, her job, and her freedom because she will be in jail. Already she is depressed, I hope she does not run mad while in jail. May GOD come to her aid

You talk like a reasonable human being unlike many idiots on this thread who are still in their fathers' houses who think life is theory

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by franchasng: 8:15pm On Sep 11
Independent woman, they always make stupid, irrational decisions, every woman need a dick around her shocked
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by GloriousGbola: 8:17pm On Sep 11
This is what they don't tell you about the west. You will pay for childcare through your nose. The lady was probably already up to the gills in debt for organising her papers

I doubt she intended for this to happen.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:18pm On Sep 11
papyjaypaul:

NL will not allow me post a picture because of the daily limits. There is a picture on this post that explains what you wrote here. We need to adjust what we think is modernism, it is not helping society at all.

Most feminist are with their man for a reason.

Most baby mama have their mother or parents helping.

The misled jump in and cannot cope, they are in uncharted territory.

They dont know what to do and all of a sudden they are alone.

Dont folllow anybody, follow Jesus because his way will never mislead you.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by advanceDNA: 8:19pm On Sep 11
aribisala0:
Nigerians are the most hypocritical people on earth
Whatever happened to
He who is without sin let him cast the first stone

Or

Judge not lest ye be judged

Jobless online idiots spend their time ruthlessly passing judgement on others

If you have not walked in her shoes don't sit on your lazy ass talking crap

These are the same entitled idiots sitting in Nigeria crying

sister send me money for school fees

Bet séun why why....why will you allow some pple join nairaland....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by papyjaypaul: 8:20pm On Sep 11
Bliss4Lyfe:

Most feminist are with their man for a reason.

Most baby mama have their mother or parents helping.

The misled jump in and cannot cope, they are in uncharted territory.

They dont know what to do and all of a sudden they are alone.

Dont folllow anybody, follow Jesus because his way will never mislead you.

As much as I am anti-feminist, I will not blame it on that. What about the man

I am a man too. What knuckle head lets his generation to go without care. That man is insane. I don't do baby mama or baby dada. It takes 2 to tango. Where is the man? She did not impregnate herself, did she?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Izuchukwu70: 8:24pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

Shut up abeg! I've seen a similar situation in America with someone close. Husband is a graduate assistant and wife do night shift . Husband had leave for work in the morning and the wife was late coming back from work and the baby woke up and started crying. Na CPS almost took the baby from them. They only pardoned her because na black American woman came to check on the baby. She warned her tho.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Izuchukwu70: 8:25pm On Sep 11
Afonjeezy:
She thinks it's Tinubu's regime where death is normal.

Shut up abeg! I've seen a similar situation in America with someone close. Husband is a graduate assistant and wife do night shift . Husband had leave for work in the morning and the wife was late coming back from work and the baby woke up and started crying. Na CPS almost took the baby from them. They only pardoned her because na black American woman came to check on the baby. She warned her tho.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by APOPTOSIS: 8:25pm On Sep 11
8years can survive for 8 hours naaa
I don't think the child is 8 years old.
Possibly an infant

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Stilloracle: 8:28pm On Sep 11
As a man, i couldnt/cant even leave my baby alone for 5mins from 1 day old till 4yrs old.
How can a woman that way pregnant for 9 months and went thru birth labour leave a 10 months baby for 8hrs?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by surgical: 8:30pm On Sep 11
Flangelo12:

Oyibo man, well done oh 👏.
Na apc member they always like cruel people
They like arrogant oppressors, they call them strong men
I think it's a disorder that they have
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Emdebby2: 8:31pm On Sep 11
Just wasted the life of an innocent child. Maybe she's mentally challenged.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by MaziX(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11
My 5yrs old baby can survive a full day at home.. Just give her a remote and snacks on the table.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Xpol: 8:35pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Sentiment aside, the mother was heartless, irrational and careless, no matter her desperation for money. Who is that adult that will leave an eight-year-old baby alone for 8 hours? Her jail term is too small.
are you sure you read the news at all?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by adonainana: 8:36pm On Sep 11
Always two sides to a story

It’s possible she was broke to get a nanny ir childminder

Only those who live in the uk knows how much childminders costs

Also perhaps she thought she could just quickly go to work and come back

And normally when a baby is in discomfort the baby would normally start crying so how did the baby get overheated

Besides where is the father of the child

Poor kid

Poor mother

People are going through a lot in the uk at the moment

As funny as it stands she probably was going to work to make ends meet

I’m sure if she could make a decision if not going to work that day she would have made it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Calitoscassius(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11
The UK is not Naigeeria where you have your mother, grand mother, aunty, brother or sister or maid to look after your chlld while you go to work or anywhere, You have to do it youtself! or with who ever you had the child with. Alternatively you can pay for child minders that is if you are rich enough to afford one.

So if you think the UK is heaven where everything is available for free for you to use because you are a single mother and have a baby, well... You better think again .

This one has ruined her life. She will never ever get over it.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Stankovic22: 8:39pm On Sep 11
This is why there is no place like home.

In Nigeria she would have seen a neighbour to care for the baby, gone to her sister's or a friend's house to drop the baby, look for her brother's wife to drop the baby with or even drop her with pastor's wife, with a church member or even her own mom.

Nigeria is sweet with people always available to get things done for you. Most times we pay so much attention to the negative happenings in the country and forget the numerous good sides

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Sapasenator: 8:40pm On Sep 11
She is working to pay the bill and got jailed I the process. If it were in Nigeria, she could have had a neighbor or relative look after the kid. Now after jail with a criminal record, would she be able to continue with her job? Jailing her is a bit harsh and overboard.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Sapasenator: 8:41pm On Sep 11
Calitoscassius:
The UK is not Naigeeria where you have your mother, grand mother, aunty, brother or sister or maid to look after your chlld while you go to work or anywhere, You have to do it youtself! or with who ever you had the child with. Alternatively you can pay for child minders that is if you are rich enough to afford one.

So if you think the UK is heaven where everything is available for free for you to use because you are a single mother and have a baby, well... You better think again .

This one has ruined her life. She will never ever get over it.

Wrong! You can have a relative look after your kid while you are away.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Sapasenator: 8:42pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

She should appeal the sentence citing mitigating circumstances.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by akaahs(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11
This lady na kaduna or Plateau
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by HugoBoss10(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:
Sentiment aside, the mother was heartless, irrational and careless, no matter her desperation for money. Who is that adult that will leave an eight-year-old baby alone for 8 hours? Her jail term is too small.

And she's more heartless knowing that the baby is only 10 week old, that is about two months and two weeks. What am i even staying
You even lied that the baby was 8 years old. grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Calitoscassius(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11
Sapasenator:

Wrong! You can have a relative look after your kid while you are away.
well.. not here in the UK, i couldn't even let my son's auntie look after him And if you don't have a relative? Which is exactly what i was trying to articulate. and what if something happens to your child while a relative iooking after them? You and your relative would go to jail for neglect and abuse of a child.

Besides, you have to pay your relative for doing so if they demand for it.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by OkanlawonB(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11
But where was the father of the little child when this was happening?

May God Almighty give the mother the strength to overcome this agony.

UK is indeed the den of modern day slavery.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Maxtipulation(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11
Na them

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Itulah(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:

10 weeks old baby uncle undecided
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by drimzsmoke(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11
NwaNimo1:

Playmaker14
Come and see your sister, an animal!!!
Nigeria is zoo, Nigeria is zoo, she don komot "zoo", come go sane place to go dey act like animal wey she be!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Sapasenator: 9:07pm On Sep 11
Calitoscassius:
well.. not here in the UK, i couldn't even let my son's auntie look after him And if you don't have a relative? Which is exactly what i was trying to articulate. and what if something happens to your child while a relative iooking after them? You and your relative would go to jail for neglect and abuse of a child.

Besides, you have to pay your relative for doing so if they demand for it.

If anything happens to your kid, the relative only has to call 911. The problem arises when a child is left unattended by an adult. Yes, you have to pay your relative. Where was her husband in all these or is she a single mom?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by LIGHTROOM: 9:15pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:

Eight weeks now years
Re: Nigerian Nurse Jailed In UK For Leaving Baby At Home To Go To Work by Semaj77(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11
immortalcrown:

10 weeks old and not 8 years old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HELP: When Should I Start Making Love To My Wife Again After Giving Birth?? / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.