Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,956 members, 7,883,348 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (989094 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey:

@justwise thanks for d good advice.let me explain my self in details now b4 I apply for the Uk, I was working with a company b4 i quit to start my own business,my business was registered dis month and I was thinking of applying in 2months time,d question is can I use d newly registered companybcos its still young and wot sort of document can I produce(its a motor dealer business) and do I need to mention dat I was working with a company b4 I quit to start my own business and wot kind of document will I submit to dat effect too

To start with...has your business made any profit? Apart from your business account..do you have savings account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 10:22am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

To start with...has your business made any profit? Apart from your business account..do you have savings account?

Yes I ve a savings account but no business account yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey:

Yes I ve a savings account but no business account yet

You getting a visa will be a tough one, if i were you i will allow the business grow, get business account, keep record of business activities, get end of the year tax paper then use those documents to apply for visa. At the moment you don't have any hard evidence to show that you have strong-tie-to-Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

You getting a visa will be a tough one, if i were you i will allow the business grow, get business account, keep record of business activities, get end of the year tax paper then use those documents to apply for visa. At the moment you don't have any hard evidence to show that you have strong-tie-to-Nigeria.

Ok but what of if I produce a personal tax receipt and am married with a kid I also ve a landed property to show as a tie to nigeria,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey:

Ok but what of if I produce a personal tax receipt and am married with a kid

Personal tax receipt from where? Disclosing that your married with kids brings another dimension to it, that means you need to proof beyond every reasonable doubt that your trip to the UK will not affect your family back in Nigeria and you have enough left for them while you are away in the UK spending money on leisure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Personal tax receipt from where? Disclosing that your married with kids brings another dimension to it, that means you need to proof beyond every reasonable doubt that your trip to the UK will not affect your family back in Nigeria and you have enough left for them while you are away in the UK spending money on leisure.

Personal tax receipt from tax office I mean.ok justwise u mean I can't use the newly established business until its well maintained but for at least how many months or years?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2013
Alhaji Abbey: .

Personal tax receipt from tax office I mean.ok justwise u mean I can't use the newly established business until its well maintained but for at least how many months or years?

Will you get the tax receipt as a business owner or as what? Your business is not matured enough to service as tie to Nigeria. Give your business a year to grow, document your business activities and see if you have made any profit to be spent on leisure trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AlhajiAbbey(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Will you get the tax receipt as a business owner or as what? Your business is not matured enough to service as tie to Nigeria. Give your business a year to grow, document your business activities and see if you have made any profit to be spent on leisure trip.
Ok thanks justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
justwise, please is it compulsory someone should leave money in d account after printing d statement for visa purpose... cos when i printed my statement i later remove d money, do u tink dis can pose an issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
phemobay: justwise, please is it compulsory someone should leave money in d account after printing d statement for visa purpose... cos when i printed my statement i later remove d money, do u tink dis can pose an issue?
Likely to cause BIG BIG issue.
The idea is that the money will be there for use on the trip.
UKBA / visa are likely to check account with bank and find no funds!
Big wahalla. could be seen as fraud and get 10 yr ban in worst case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
phemobay: justwise, please is it compulsory someone should leave money in d account after printing d statement for visa purpose... cos when i printed my statement i later remove d money, do u tink dis can pose an issue?

So you set out to deceive the ECO then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
worry 359:
Likely to cause BIG BIG issue.
The idea is that the money will be there for use on the trip.
UKBA / visa are likely to check account with bank and find no funds!
Big wahalla. could be seen as fraud and get 10 yr ban in worst case.

LIKE HOW MUCH CAN I LIVE THERE, WHAT REALLY HAPPEN IS DAT I USE D ACCOUNT GFOR SO MANY TRASACTIONS, ALWAYS WITH INFLOW AND OUTFLOW SO, I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT SO DAT DEY MEET MONEY DIA AT D TIME DEY WILL GONE TO CHECK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
you can always use another account [that is yours] for your daily transactions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by WESTERNCR: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
naiko: @justwise ,dis mata tire me.fill the form online hw,send it to who,there is a signature page how do i sign that?am just confuse.is there an online form to be filled?u mean i should print out the form filled online?
Just fill in your full name once u fill in your full name then make a print out, having made the print out, u can then sign on the print out thats it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
WESTERNCR:
Just fill in your full name once u fill in your full name then make a print out, having made the print out, u can then sign on the print out thats it

Is that all that is needed in that form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
You just have to hope that they don't suspect that you are trying to use deception, you could get banned for 10 years, you know.,
If i were you, i would withdraw my application before they find out the fraud
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
You just have to hope that they don't suspect that you are trying to use deception, you could get banned for 10 years, you know.,
If i were you, i would withdraw my application before they find out the fraud

There is no need to, i don't see where fraud applies to the scenario and Banks don't tell embassies the amount in a customers account.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
superior1:

There is no need to, i don't see where fraud applies to the scenario and Banks don't tell embassy the amount in a customers account.
Oh yeah, really?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
Oh yeah, really?

Yeah. Surprised??, this wasn't the first time i raised this fact to you

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/98#15008663

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
superior1: There is no need to, i don't see where fraud applies to the scenario and Banks don't tell embassy the amount in a customers account.
superior1
You are very naive and set in you ways.
The visa officials have ways to establish the truth of bank statements and banks do co-operate with them.
I will give one simple example so that you can try to understand.
Visa official will look at statement presented and then ask "Is the closing balance XXXXX?"
or " Is the last transaction XXXXX"
These are questions that bank will answer and show up any problem.
Remember they have discretion to refuse visa. Any doubt then NO VISA and possible ban.
We have heard many such tales here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
@vicjustice @justwise. Thanks guys got my uk student visa today. Thanks for your advice. It's really appreciated
@phemobay to the best of my knowledge the embassy doesn't ask the bank for the accounts available balance. After I printed out my statement. My dad used part of the money In his account and I got my visa regardless. I was worried and my dads bank manager said a bank can't give out such confidential details. But to be on d safe side, if you can replace the money. You should. Hope that helps. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
shakarababie: @vicjustice @justwise. Thanks guys got my uk student visa today. Thanks for your advice. It's really appreciated
@phemobay to the best of my knowledge the embassy doesn't ask the bank for the accounts available balance. After I printed out my statement. My dad used part of the money In his account and I got my visa regardless. I was worried and my dads bank manager said a bank can't give out such confidential details. But to be on d safe side, if you can replace the money. You should. Hope that helps. smiley

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
worry 359:
superior1
You are very naive and set in you ways.
The visa officials have ways to establish the truth of bank statements and banks do co-operate with them.
I will give one simple example so that you can try to understand.
Visa official will look at statement presented and then ask "Is the closing balance XXXXX?"
or " Is the last transaction XXXXX"
These are questions that bank will answer and show up any problem.
Remember they have discretion to refuse visa. Any doubt then NO VISA and possible ban.
We have heard many such tales here.

I sure respect what you think you know but if you think having close to a decade banking experience makes me naive to banking operations, i will just laugh at that.

Read https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/98#15008663

shakarababie: @vicjustice @justwise. Thanks guys got my uk student visa today. Thanks for your advice. It's really appreciated

Congrats, remember i told you just the same. I will be in the UK next week,if you have time for a friendly chat, lets hook.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
superior1:

Yeah. Surprised??, this wasn't the first time i raised this fact to you

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/98#15008663

You keep referring to this link, withdrawing the money after you have submitted is a bad practice, we should not be encouraging this here.if the embassy called you for an interview and required that you come with a fresh bank statement then you are in for a tough one. Whether the bank give away the bank balance to the embassy or not, the embassy have a way of going around it.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

You keep referring to this link, withdrawing the money after you have submitted is a bad practice, we should not be encouraging this here.if the embassy called you for an interview and required that you come with a fresh bank statement then you are in for a tough one. Whether the bank give away the bank balance to the embassy or not, the embassy have a way of going around it.
what i know that happens is that the embassy calls the bank and asks for the transaction history if it tallies with the statement submitted.
i saw this on a documentary of the UK border force.
it was in india and they called the bank to clarify the details on the account.
i once applied for a visa after picking up a loan of like 3 million.
was delayed for 4 weeks but it was granted for the 4 of the applicants.my wife and family.
the funds had depleted by the time the visa was granted.
cant say for sure though if they ask for the current balance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
ayobj:
what i know that happens is that the embassy calls the bank and asks for the transaction history if it tallies with the statement submitted.
was delayed for 4 weeks but it was granted for the 4 of the applicants.my wife and family.

thanks I really appreciate u all, let others share their idea on dis, because so many people ar doing it dis way and it works... mor post on dis issue please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
ayobj:

Which means if the money is withdrown the embassy will know because the last transaction in the bank statement submitted to the embassy will not be the same the record in the bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eluquenson(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
ayobj:

To d best of my knowledge, an applicant has already divulged his/her bank statement whereby rendering the acct open to any scrutiny, embassies request for current balance as far as uba bank is with their relation to south africa & UK embassies.they check for genuity of the transanctions as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Which means if the money is withdrown the embassy will know because the last transaction in the bank statement submitted to the embassy will not be the same the record in the bank

nope.
the issue is that they wish to seek the details of the account based on what was submitted.
example balance is N1,200,000.
they will ask what the salary is
they will ask if there was transaction of 500,000 on 28th of february 2013,
they will ask for deposit and withdrawal details specifics.
basing the decision on withdrawals post submission will be most unfair.
bank also reserve the right to protect the applicants privacy.
what is there is cash lodgement after the submission.
will that not lead to a straight denial and a ban.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eluquenson(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
ayobj:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2013
ayobj:

nope.
the issue is that they wish to seek the details of the account based on what was submitted.
example balance is N1,200,000.
they will ask what the salary is
they will ask if there was transaction of 500,000 on 28th of february 2013,
they will ask for deposit and withdrawal details specifics.
basing the decision on withdrawals post submission will be most unfair.
bank also reserve the right to protect the applicants privacy.
what is there is cash lodgement after the submission.
will that not lead to a straight denial and a ban.?

What happen if they asked the bank about the last transaction?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 12:44am On Apr 27, 2013
justwise:

I have said nothing to encourage such.I am only saying what i know from professional experience.

phemobay:

thanks I really appreciate u all, let others share their idea on dis, because so many people ar doing it dis way and it works... mor post on dis issue please

I doubt if so many people are really doing it like you suggested. The problem arises when they ask you to reprint and bring a new statement and there is no money to show besides why approach the embassy for visa when you cant afford the fund needed for the journey .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.