Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,473 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (989104 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Please, I need an urgent reply. My uncle needs to submit his document for UK visa.
He has retired and so he has pension account with the bank.
My cousin is wedding in UK and he wants him to attend the wedding.
The problem now is that apart from pension account which has small money he
has another account with more money. He doesn't know how to defend the account since he does not have tax cert.
What do you suggest that he should do? He wants to submit the two accounts. The pension account is to show he earns pension

To start with, you need to first clearly state or provide us with idea on how he make the money in the second account, so as to be able to advise you on how he can present his case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
He does contract work. For instance, if someone who is building a house needs some materials, he may supply and then get paid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by twinz(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hi Justwise,

Need your advice on my planned trip to the UK. The last time i was in the UK was between 2007 and 2009, i had finished my masters and returned to nigeria. Now, I intend visiting my folks who are resident over there (short stay).

Now my source of concern about the application is "source of income": am currently self employed, i just registered a business name early this year, although i have doing business prior to registering the business name and payments are going into my personal account.

Another source of income is rent from a few properties (family owned, i used to manage it but i recently got a property manager to handle), income from this is approximately 2m which also goes into my personal account.

Now my question is, What documents would you advice i submit?,
1) the registered business company of which i have no tax certificate or personal income tax since the company is yet to have done any major transaction? Am guessing not likely, although u mentioned in one of your treads that its an evidence that the person travelling will return back to home his home country; or
2) 2 personal accounts, one which has lots of withdrawals and lump sum payments ranging from over a hundred thousand to 400k over the course of 6 months (rent and pre-registered business transcations) and the other a dorm account with over 2000 pounds, money from family and other business transactions. I have been adviced via the VAF1B form to submit documents backing assets owned, will the tenancy agreements suffice or do i need to back it up with title of deed/C of O or is it both? if the deed of title is required, is a scanned copy acceptable?

Finally, of what use is an NI number when filling out the application, i had one when i was a student over there?

What are my chances?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
twinz: Hi Justwise,

Need your advice on my planned trip to the UK. The last time i was in the UK was between 2007 and 2009, i had finished my masters and returned to nigeria. Now, I intend visiting my folks who are resident over there (short stay).

Now my source of concern about the application is "source of income": am currently self employed, i just registered a business name early this year, although i have doing business prior to registering the business name and payments are going into my personal account.

Another source of income is rent from a few properties (family owned, i used to manage it but i recently got a property manager to handle), income from this is approximately 2m which also goes into my personal account.

Now my question is, What documents would you advice i submit?,
1) the registered business company of which i have no tax certificate or personal income tax since the company is yet to have done any major transaction? Am guessing not likely, although u mentioned in one of your treads that its an evidence that the person travelling will return back to home his home country; or
2) 2 personal accounts, one which has lots of withdrawals and lump sum payments ranging from over a hundred thousand to 400k over the course of 6 months (rent and pre-registered business transcations) and the other a dorm account with over 2000 pounds, money from family and other business transactions. I have been adviced via the VAF1B form to submit documents backing assets owned, will the tenancy agreements suffice or do i need to back it up with title of deed/C of O or is it both? if the deed of title is required, is a scanned copy acceptable?

Finally, of what use is an NI number when filling out the application, i had one when i was a student over there?

What are my chances?

Thanks
For a better chance, you shouldn't be considering option one or option two, you would be better off presenting both documents: but first, as a business owner, you need to sort out your tax issues, and if your business is not yet taxable, then get a letter to that effect.

The NI is not necessary for those who don't have it, but as a person who has the NI, you are required to enter it otherwise, it may be seen as though you are using deception: the NI is used for verification purpose and for checking your records

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by twinz(m): 5:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks a lot, you have cleared my thoughts, but what about the aspect of the property documents? Will the tenancy agreements suffice or the deed of title or both?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adeogooba: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hello great pple,

@Justwise and all the great pple..
Please i need your advice here.I just want to know what the best accommodation is for a uk tourist visa applicaiton for a family travelling together,a family of 5. out of the 5 only me the Father has a UK visa now. a friend of mine said,the embassy will not consider a family taking one bedroom apartment as hotel,he argues that it has to be 2 bedroom apartment for the visa to be granted.Now,i discovered that the prices of the 2 bedrooms aparmtment for summer are in the 3,000,4,000 etc pounds region for a week, for central zone 1 locations which host all the tourist attractions,.I will be in the UK for another business trip with my owned company partners and will like to have my family with me on a summer vacation.
I will like advise from all that have experience with applying for a group visa like this one. or those in uk already,advise on locations of interest in the central london and best places to trip my kids and wife and family shopping too.my main question is -is it compulsory to use a 2 bedroom vacation rental or will one bedroom vacation rental be ok for such application

thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Adeogooba: Hello great pple,

Please i need your advice here.I just want to know what the best accommodation is for a uk tourist visa applicaiton for a family travelling together,a family of 5. out of the 5 only me the Father has a UK visa now. a friend of mine said,the embassy will not consider a family taking one bedroom apartment as hotel,he argues that it has to be 2 bedroom apartment for the visa to be granted.Now,i discovered that the prices of the 2 bedrooms aparmtment for summer are in the 3,000,4,000 etc pounds region for a week, for central zone 1 locations which host all the tourist attractions,.I will be in the UK for another business trip with my owned company partners and will like to have my family with me on a summer vacation.
I will like advise from all that have experience with applying for a group visa like this one. or those in uk already,advise on locations of interest in the central london and best places to trip my kids and wife and family shopping too.my main question is -is it compulsory to use a 2 bedroom vacation rental or will one bedroom vacation rental be ok for such application

thank you all

its a very simple question.. can 5 people sleep in a room comfortably?of cos NO..that means you need at LEAST 2 bedroom.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Adeogooba: Hello great pple,

thank you all

There are good transportation links all over so you done necessarily have to be in Zone 1 where most tourist attractions are, so you might want to consider other locations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adeogooba: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
@Waleabimbola,
Thank you.I appreciate that.
@DisGuy

cos of the kids,I was actually looking at the somewhere in the central but cost first i guess,moreover most vacation rentals i have seen are either fully booked or some of our wish dates taken.please do you have suggestions of the other locations and their possible transport links to the central,thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xtralargehcc(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Although zone 6 is further from zone 1 but it is cheaper to rent a house there, there is always a cheap tranport through the "tube" ie underground train. Remember you need to buy your ticket before embarking on your travel to avoid paying 10pounds penalty. Travelcard is the best if you must use a public tranport to get to London! I hope this will do!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cutiez2: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
I am a trader who will love to attend my sibling,s graduation in the uk with my two kids aged 1 and 6 pls what do I need For the visa application and how do I go about it thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Adeogooba: @Waleabimbola,
Thank you.I appreciate that.
@DisGuy

cos of the kids,I was actually looking at the somewhere in the central but cost first i guess,moreover most vacation rentals i have seen are either fully booked or some of our wish dates taken.please do you have suggestions of the other locations and their possible transport links to the central,thank you

Zone 1 is like the Central Business District/Central Shopping Zone most tourist attractions are scattered all over the city anyway so you will still need to move around. You need to look at the map of the city and the Tube map vis-a-vis main attractions your kids are interested in; you can get everywhere easily with trains,tube,buses all interconnected
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
@justwise please im try to go to UK by next month on tourist visa but i wish to work during the period,pleAse what type of menial job can i get within the period of 5 months and wheRe can i get it ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
otunbaneyo09: @justwise please im try to go to UK by next month on tourist visa but i wish to work during the period,pleAse what type of menial job can i get within the period of 5 months and wheRe can i get it ,

The simple answer is non. You can't work legally with tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2013
justwise:

The simple answer is non. You can't work legally with tourist visa

PleAse wHAt type of visa can i seek for Because i want to work 4 Or 5 months before i come back .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by showstopa: 1:59am On Apr 19, 2013
Hello Experts
I want to invite my mum to visit for a week in Uk. I am on a work visa so I realise it has to be General visitors form. The requirements though seem to change very other day. Can anyone give me the present requirements or a link to it.
Also does anyone know what the procedure is to apply for Uk visa in Abuja and how long it takes. I want her to apply early so she can visit in July
I also heard a friend say she had to include pictures to show relationship, is that really necessary.

I will appreciate your responses. Thanks ya all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jenni1108: 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
[b][/b]
otunbaneyo09:

PleAse wHAt type of visa can i seek for Because i want to work 4 Or 5 months before i come back .thanks

tomorrow now people will say Justwise is rude - IF YOU HAVE A TOURIST VISA YOU CANNOT WORK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
@justwise, i want to apply for a 2 years u.k tourist visa, these rules seem to change all the time, please am i suppose to fill an online application form first before visiting any VFS office to submit by hand?please clarify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
I have been going through this forum everyday reading people's view and using to package my tourist visa application.Firstly,i will say a very big thank you to Justwise because you are really doing a great job answering people's questions and given them answers to what they needed to know.Now,its my turn to get help and i will love to welcome anybody's comments in order to know what next to do.I really dont know where to start from but i will surely start from some where,here it goes.
I applied for a student visa both in 2007 and 2008,once in 2007 and 3times in 2008 both applications refused due to my sponsor's bank statements not unable to satisfy the ECO that i was unable to meet the cost of my visa application despite the fact that i submitted 1 of his bank statement.In 2008 same excuses was given for the fact that i re-applied with about 4 different bank statements including his domiciliary account just to prove to the ECO that my sponsor is will capable of sponsoring me and accommodating,but to my surprise the ECO ignored the domiciliary account in his comment and also denied me a visa based on the same excuses that i wont be able to accommodate myself.But in order for them not to see has a desperate applicant who is looking for ways to run away from Naija my uncle told me to forget it because they will see it has been desperate to travel abroad and that might even cause more refusal,then he wrote an appeal on my behave to the Home Office back in 2008 but the home office got my appeal letter a bit late and asked me to fax them a letter to explain why it was late before they receive it and if my reason is genuine the judge might consider my appeal and go ahead with the hearing,but unlucky me bros did not fax the letter to them and my appeal was cancelled.Then i has to move on with my life in Naija working and schooling.This is all about my student visa for 2007 and 2008.

In 2010 i decide to at least try to build my immigration history because of that UK refusal stamps really messed up my passport 4times.I traveled to Kenya for 10days.In 2012 i traveled to Kenya 2days,Tanzania 4days,Rwanda 2days,Burundi 1day,before departing for Nigeria.In 2013 early January i traveled to South Africa 2days, and Mozambique 2days then return to Nigeria.I own a poultry business and also got employed as a tour operator which my salary is based on Commission.I have a 4bedrooms apartment (Duplex) a wife and a daughter.After all this travel history then i decide to visit the UK as well at least since my last application my history has changed and i do not need anyone this time before i can obtain a UK visa then i gave it a trial.In 2012 December i applied for a tourist visa for the duration of 10days with my bank statement (current account) my land paper work,a letter from my company explaining my duty,a letter explaining im on commission basis,and also my offer of appointment letter and I.D card,which i also states all my previous refusal without lieing or hiding anything,I thought that was all that is needed to make me get the visa but to my surprise the ECO was not satisfied that i will be able to take care of myself without seeking public funds and he also said my account was artificially inflated,i just laughed saying to myself how i wish this people could see me clearly that im more than capable when i am feeding like 4 grown adult here in Naija on daily bases.I gave it another try hoping i can correct all the loop holes in my refusal but i was again refused.Then i said to myself what exactly is happening,what else do this people want me to prove before they can believe im living a comfortable life here in Nigeria.I dont need to travel to the UK before making it God has already done it for me,i just want to travel at least to gain more exposure thats why i wanted to go to this UK not for any other reason.In my second tourist refusal that was in January the ECO states that i did not include any payslips,nor a salary account that i also had 2kids which i said in my application that i only had one child and her birth certificate was included in my application right from the start.I decide to call the attention of my solicitor to see to my application which she said i should include some thing which i did.This are the things i included...Pictures of me in my poultry farm and my manager,pictures of my deplex right from the foundation to the roofing level,Pictures of inner view for them to see im living a comfortable life in Nigeria that i will surely return and for them to see im more than capable maintain and accommodate myself while in the UK.My solicitor even include a letter to back up everything i had submitted that they are all true.I submitted the third tourist visa application which include everything that was mentioned in my previous application just to make sure the ECO wont see anything to say again.Today,im just coming from the VFS and after opening my package it was again refused.This is serious here is what the ECO says.
In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category i have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria,the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements.You have declared that you are self-employed as a poultry farmer in addition to which you are employed as a tour operator with the total earnings of $2,450 1,531 pounds per month.You have unmarried partner and a child who are not accompany you on this holiday but to remain in Nigeria.You stated that you have no friends or family in the United Kingdom and are proposing to travel alone as a tourist and stay in a hotel.Given the statements you have made and documentary evidence you have presented to support your application I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria,coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK,are such that you have shown your intentions are as stated or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit.I have therefore refused your application because im not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom immigration rules.
What else do this people still want from me do they want me to bring my head before granting me a visa?I submitted payslips,my poultry farm pictures,pictures of my wife and daughter pictures of my introduction because we are not yet married so i have no reason to lie that's why i state unmarried partner to use pictures to back up my claims.It was even stated in my leave letter that i am going to the UK in preparation of our tour in summer that i will also do some findings of where we can come and the company says they will give me 200pounds for my transportation fare for the running so it wont be from my pocket.
Please, everybody in the house are they expecting me to come with my wife and child before given me the visa?While i thought keeping them here is another good way to prove to them im coming back.Do they want me to sleep on the street when i get to the UK or start knocking doors for accommodation during my stay..lol i cant laugh to be honest..What do they really want.Do i need to have family in the UK before they can grant me a visa?Please,i want you to give me advise.I have another 3 UK refusal stamps on my passport and this is my second passport im using,the first one expired last year and i applied with both passport for them to know im not hiding anything.UK is the only refusal stamps on both passport.
Now,here is my own suggestion,i am not going to apply again because they will keep doing the same thing to me,my visa money dey sweet them.Im going to tell my lawyer to write a review on my behave and send it to them in Abuja because that is where they have been refusing me.Because it takes longer period to be out.I am thinking of going to maybe India and Dubia just for them to see after my refusal i don travel again..Please everybody in the house what should i do?Any questions im ready to answer..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
dontgiveup1
Life is too short to read your life history.
Shorten it to a couple of sentances for a reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
dontgiveup1

My guy I went through ur story carefully, and I think you have more than what it takes to have the visa. One think I have realized is once you get one denial its difficult to change it. I will advice you to continue to try. I'm sure u will get it.
I got mine in my first trial and I didn't submit much documents to get it. I only submitted the following documents:

Int'l passport
Appointment and salary increment letters
pay slips(6 months) salary less than 200k
booked hotel receipt for 7 days
Bank statement of account (less 700k)
CSCS statement of account
Tax card
My dad's death certificate because that was when my dad died and I stated that i needed to travel to wash away the memory of my dad's death

In spite of this documents, I was interviewed on phone and I was still called to the British high commission for further interview before I was granted.

I will advice u not to give up because my sister's friend tried up to 8 times before she was given
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
pls how can one get phone call list?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
dontgiveup1

have you considered Canada, USA, or other European countries apart from UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ dontgiveup1,

I'll suggest you don't apply for visa to the U.K again (at least for now).Otherwise they would only see you as a desperate intending illegal immigrant. Having applied for those number of times between late December 2012 to date.

My opinion though.

Nevertheless, i wish you luck in your endeavours. You can as well try other European Countries for your vacation now. And apply for a U.K visa much later.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
@dontgiveup1

Really sorry to read your experiences, you shouldn't have applied as many as you did, that is the sound of desperation.

Give it sometime, like Dis Guy suggested try other EU countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
naiko: @justwise, i want to apply for a 2 years u.k tourist visa, these rules seem to change all the time, please am i suppose to fill an online application form first before visiting any VFS office to submit by hand?please clarify

Yes fill the online form then print it out before going to VFS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
justwise: @dontgiveup1

Really sorry to read your experiences, you shouldn't have applied as many as you did, that is the sound of desperation.

@Sotaj, @Dis Guy, @Vctrokoye, @Justwise Thank you so much for your responses i really do appreciate each single word you all say.Im just coming from my solictor partnaining to the Administrative Review i intend to write because applying even in the future will still make this people take me for nobody if i still keep silent.Im sending out my review to them by Monday.Im worried applying to other European countries wont work because of my previous UK refusal stamps on my passport. I am thinking of trying India or Dubia. I was re-applying thinking what they are refusing me on i can make amendment not knowing i'm putting myself up for more refusal.Please,anymore advice if im doing the right thing?Thank you all and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
justwise: @dontgiveup1

@justwsise from my own point of view to obtain this UK visa is not by your worth or what you submitted,Its all about whom i will give.No matter what you submitted,that's my own point of view from my experience with the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
dontgiveup1:

@Sotaj, @Dis Guy, @Vctrokoye, @Justwise Thank you so much for your responses i really do appreciate each single word you all say.Im just coming from my solictor partnaining to the Administrative Review i intend to write because applying even in the future will still make this people take me for nobody if i still keep silent.Im sending out my review to them by Monday.Im worried applying to other European countries wont work because of my previous UK refusal stamps on my passport. I am thinking of trying India or Dubia. I was re-applying thinking what they are refusing me on i can make amendment not knowing i'm putting myself up for more refusal.Please,anymore advice if im doing the right thing?Thank you all and God bless.

Going to those places will not make any different, getting visa to those countries is not difficult, getting their visa stamp on your passport will not change much.

All the best with Admin review, takes time but does work sometimes if you have a strong case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
justwise:

Going to those places will not make any different, getting visa to those countries is not difficult, getting their visa stamp on your passport will not change much.

All the best with Admin review, takes time but does work sometimes if you have a strong case.

Thank you so much @justwise i really appreciate your comment.I was only thinking i should travel after my UK refusal just for them to know after i was refused i have traveled and return to Nigeria and i have no intention of staying in the UK supposing i was given the UK. But if you says India visa wont change anything i better just seat back and await what will comes out of my review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
dontgiveup1
If u want to visit UK, then don't give up. My sister's friend tried up to 8 times untill she realized she needed to include a letter from her husband. Before u reapply, disclose the documents to submit for proper advice. If u need to convince with travel history, then India & Dubia are not countries to travel 2 because they are not in class of UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
VCTROKOYE: dontgiveup1
If u want to visit UK, then don't give up. My sister's friend tried up to 8 times until she realized she needed to include a letter from her husband. Before u reapply, disclose the documents to submit for proper advice. If u need to convince with travel history, then India & Dubia are not countries to travel 2 because they are not in class of UK.

Yes,i understand your point but i wont be able to re-apply again for now just like they have said because i stated i will be going for my annual leave that's why i want to travel to the UK which im suppose to resume back to work by May.If i should re-apply again that means i have already refuse myself even before submitting because they will surely use that against me.With the refusal letter they gave me today they did not have any good reason for refusing me and that's why i want to write a review.But i want to send the review to the UK embassy in Abuja via DHL.But my question is do i still need to send them an email after that or what?Please,i need someone to put me through this.Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.