Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,371 members, 7,971,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998132 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
vozkini: @ just wise, good afternoon,
Please I send you a mail at your hotmail I'd.
Please check.

vozkini: Oga justwise, I have responded ooooh

Ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hasszan(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
@justwise, @vicjustice

Pls kindly help:
hasszan: Hello Vicjusttice and Justwise
I made an enquiry here sometime ago but seems the post has been hidden and cant find it for reference.
I applied for 6mths visa in sept 2012 and was refused cos i didnt show evidence of income generated frm my business: i didnt include my personal and company tax certificates...they werent available then.

I applied again in March and was just refused last week. my company was formerly sole proprietorship, and was incorporated in july 2012 as a ltd coy, and i obtained the coy tax certificate in Nov of same year, and it showed NIL, cos the company was less than 6 mths as a ltd liability. my personal income tax however shows a total assessable income of 1.05m, meaning i earn i earn only 83k/month, where as i said i earn 200k/month(which is true).

The reasons for refusal are:
1. I didnt show any travel itinerary: (Not true, i included tour bookings including across-london bus rides, and other tour details)
2. My coy Tax certificate shows NIL(i already explained this to them in my personal letter that the company is less than 6mths as a LTD coy, hence no payments)
3. My personal Tax shows 83k/month and not 200k.(This is actually from the IR office: when i went to obtain my tax certificate, i was asked:what do you need it for? and i told them for embassy, and they said its a flat fee of so-so amount, which i paid and it was issued, didnt know that it would show a total assessable income, and i didnt know it mattered.

I am really confused and very troubled. I talked to a lawfirm today, and they said they'll do a review for me at 30k or so and submit within next two days.

Please sirs, i need your expert opinions before i go ahead. Please i'll really appreciate your expedited help.
Appreciate so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
JUST WATCHED THIS ON YOU TUBE.
UK BORDER FORCE.
A NIGERIAN WHO HAS OVERSTAYED PLAYING PRANKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfIKI7PYdo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
Could anybody explain the new rules with regards to application forms? It states that old level forms can be used up to 27th April. If you have applied on line before 5th April but not physically submitted your documentation at the drop off centre does this still apply or it is just for uncompleted online applications? Also the price shown was that of the pre 5th April. Does it mean that I pay the old price or the new price even though it was submitted on line but not physically paid for at the drop off centre yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
Blower46: Could anybody explain the new rules with regards to application forms? It states that old level forms can be used up to 27th April. If you have applied on line before 5th April but not physically submitted your documentation at the drop off centre does this still apply or it is just for uncompleted online applications? Also the price shown was that of the pre 5th April. Does it mean that I pay the old price or the new price even though it was submitted on line but not physically paid for at the drop off centre yet?

You should use the new application forms from 6 April 2013. But if you apply on the previous version of a form, we will accept it up to and including 27 April 2013. If you submit an application on or after 6 April 2013, we will consider it under the revised Immigration Rules which take effect on 6 April, regardless of which version of a form you use. Applications submitted on or after 6 April must be accompanied by the new fee. Applications submitted with the incorrect fee will not be accepted.

Copied from the home office website. Hope it asnswers your questions...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pannyann: 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hi I am wondering if someone can help. My friend applied for UK tourist on 20 March the online status has not changed from forwarded to british high commission for processing.the date of proposed travel was 28 April I have provisonally booked the time off work to host them in UK however I am soon needing to confirm or delay this leave if the decision doesn't come soon. Is. there anyway to contact the dept also is it normal that the status hasent changed. Any advice would be appreciated manythanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
@ty01
So does that mean if you have printed the pre 6th April form it is only valid until 26th even though the application was submitted online before 6th April. I thought you have 60 days to submit the documents once the application is submitted online or are we saying that this rule does not apply whilst these changes are taking place. It is not clear on the UKBA website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 3:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Blower46: @ty01
So does that mean if you have printed the pre 6th April form it is only valid until 26th even though the application was submitted online before 6th April. I thought you have 60 days to submit the documents once the application is submitted online or are we saying that this rule does not apply whilst these changes are taking place. It is not clear on the UKBA website.

I do not think your application is deemed complete untill it is duly paid for and all supporting documents forwarded to the visa office. Therefore you may have to pay the new fee, else your apllication may not be treated.

The point here is: you can use the old forms till April 27th, but the new fee took effect from April 6th. Consequently, if you did not pay the application fee before April 6th, I'm sorry you may have to pay the new fee if you want your application to be treated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blower46: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
ty01:

I do not think your application is deemed complete untill it is duly paid for and all supporting documents forwarded to the visa office. Therefore you may have to pay the new fee, else your apllication may not be treated.

The point here is: you can use the old forms till April 27th, but the new fee took effect from April 6th. Consequently, if you did not pay the application fee before April 6th, I'm sorry you may have to pay the new fee if you want your application to be treated.

@ty01

Thanks for the information. You probably right thinking about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funmikosoko: 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Keep up the good work on this thread,I am always looking foward 2get a notification on this thread cos it educates me on visa issues.
Pls I need the professionals in the house to pls give me ideas of d detailed documents I'll be needing for my UK settlement visa.
My husband is a Nigerian but born and bread in the UK,I visited him about 2 diff times in London n he also visited me in Nigeria about 2-3times too,n we also traveled to Egypt together b4 we got married last year.I stopped working in october 2012,while I got married in Nov 2012,I travelled back with my husband to London after our wedding in Nov n I spent 4months as I still have a 2years valid visa. I am back to Nigeria now but to file for my settlement visa. Please I need ur advice on wat documents myself n my husband need to provide,and also how much do I need to av in my acct. My husband's salary is £2000 per month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
funmikosoko: Keep up the good work on this thread,I am always looking foward 2get a notification on this thread cos it educates me on visa issues.
Pls I need the professionals in the house to pls give me ideas of d detailed documents I'll be needing for my UK settlement visa.
My husband is a Nigerian but born and bread in the UK,I visited him about 2 diff times in London n he also visited me in Nigeria about 2-3times too,n we also traveled to Egypt together b4 we got married last year.I stopped working in october 2012,while I got married in Nov 2012,I travelled back with my husband to London after our wedding in Nov n I spent 4months as I still have a 2years valid visa. I am back to Nigeria now but to file for my settlement visa. Please I need ur advice on wat documents myself n my husband need to provide,and also how much do I need to av in my acct. My husband's salary is £2000 per month.

Your husband's salary a lone is good enough to meet the financial requirement, you don't need to present your own bank statement, the main issue here is to proof that your marriage is genuine and to do that you need to present a list of documents...for example...email exchanges, phone call list, chat history, gifts, flight ticket used when you visited each other, pictures takes together, marriage certificate..etc the list can not be exhausted, you present as much document as you have to proof that this is not just sham marriage but for real.

Your husband also need to present proof of accommodation..tenancy agreement or mortgage paper and his bank statement showing that he earns up to 18.000 a year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 11:49am On Apr 14, 2013
@justwise,i have 930k.have kept in account for about 35 days,though my salary just dropped in2 the same account 4 days ago(making it over a million).can i still go ahead and apply with these or do i need to wait anoda 28 days.(i don't want it 2 look like i paid in Money at the last minute,atleast the money was paid in from workplace).this is for about2 years renewal oo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:54am On Apr 14, 2013
naiko: @justwise,i have 930k.have kept in account for about 35 days,though my salary just dropped in2 the same account 4 days ago(making it over a million).can i still go ahead and apply with these or do i need to wait anoda 28 days.(i don't want it 2 look like i paid in Money at the last minute,atleast the money was paid in from workplace).this is for about2 years renewal oo.

What kind of visa are you applying for and what is your actual salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
@ justwise,am renewing my tourist visa (had 6 months that just expired),salary's over 150k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
naiko: @ justwise,am renewing my tourist visa (had 6 months that just expired),salary's over 150k

The 28days thing got nothing to do with visiting visa, its for students visa only.

As long as the money in your account agrees with your salary then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 10:32am On Apr 15, 2013
Hello guys. @vicjustice @justwise Goodmorning
Asking for a friend. She just submitted her application on Friday.but there's something bothering her. She's using her mums bank statement. Her mum has bn operating her account for 6 months. Sometimes there ll be a lot of money in it, sometimes not a lot as she's a business woman. She had about 15,000 dollars in the account which was there for 28 working days then on the 30th day her debtor deposited. 10000 dollars and the next day the account statement was printed. Do u think she ll have a problem and d depositors names as they are different depositors. Would that also be a problem.? Thanks guys. x
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2013
shakarababie: Hello guys. @vicjustice @justwise Goodmorning
Asking for a friend. She just submitted her application on Friday.but there's something bothering her. She's using her mums bank statement. Her mum has bn operating her account for 6 months. Sometimes there ll be a lot of money in it, sometimes not a lot as she's a business woman. She had about 15,000 dollars in the account which was there for 28 working days then on the 30th day her debtor deposited. 10000 dollars and the next day the account statement was printed. Do u think she ll have a problem and d depositors names as they are different depositors. Would that also be a problem.? Thanks guys. x
What visa category is she applying for?
If a student visa, though her chance doesn't look too good, but she could get through if the visa officer is satisfied of the availability of the funds, but her mum may have to prove the sources and also to do the proper deposit as is required of students visa applicants.
But if she is applying for a visa in any other category, she would be 99% refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2013
@vicjustice she's applying for a student visa. And she didn't submit anything concerning source of income. She thought it wasn't necessary. I also didn't think it was cuz ive read thru this thread and ive seen posts like they dont really care about source of income for student visas(ppl using funds in their parents account). I myself didn't submit anything explaining my dads source of income. Lol now I'm scared.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
shakarababie: Hello guys. @vicjustice @justwise Goodmorning

How much is her school fees and where is her school located? In London or outside London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
@justwise
Inner london. Her school fees is about 4000pounds a year and she has paid it in full
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
shakarababie: @justwise
Inner london. Her school fees is about 4000pounds a year and she has paid it in full

Then financially she is ok, the outcome will depend on whether she meets other requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
@justwise
So the source of income is not a problem? Right ? That's her mothers source if income. Since no explanation was givn or any document showing her source of income. It won't be a problem right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
So the source of income is not a problem? Right ? That's her mothers source if income. Since no explanation was givn or any document showing her source of income. It won't be a problem right?

Source of income does not matter when it comes to students visa but if she is using her mum's bank account then she need to add her birth certificate.

What is the list of documents she submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
shakarababie: @vicjustice she's applying for a student visa. And she didn't submit anything concerning source of income. She thought it wasn't necessary. I also didn't think it was cuz ive read thru this thread and ive seen posts like they dont really care about source of income for student visas(ppl using funds in their parents account). I myself didn't submit anything explaining my dads source of income. Lol now I'm scared.
It is not really necessary that the embassy is concerned about the source of income provided they are satisfied of the availability of funds: visa officers just do not want applicants to (borrow money and) lodge them in an account just for presentation purpose, they are aware of the fact that such money is not available for use: the source of income is only a means to help decide whether the money (in her mom's account) is available for use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
@justwise
She submitted her birth certificate,a scanned copy of her mums passport bio data page,bank reference and the documents on her cas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
@vicjustice
I understand what you mean. Thanks a lot xx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
She submitted her birth certificate,a scanned copy of her mums passport bio data page,bank reference and the documents on her cas

Ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2013
GOOD DAY HOUSE

A FRIEND OF MINE JUST GOT THE UK VISA HERE IN NAIJA AND ON GETTING TO UK, HE WISHES TO SIDE STEP INTO GERMANY FOR A WEEKEND SIGHT SEEING. TIME IS AGAINST HIM TO APPLY AND GET APPOINTMENT FOR THE GERMAN SHENGHEN VISA HERE IN NAIJA AS HE PLANS TO LEAVE FOR THE UK 1ST WEEK IN JUNE.

QUESTION IS:

CAN HE GET TO UK AND MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A GERMAN VISA AT THE GERMAN CONSULATE IN LONDON, TO MAKE THE WEEKEND VISIT TO GERMANY FROM LONDON?

NB: THE UK VISA IS A TOURIST VISIT VISA (6 MONTHS, 1ST TIMER)

THANK YOU

edited
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2013
T-Cann
If you want answers on any forum you must learn some rules quickly.
First rule posting all in CAPITALS is like shouting.
Posting all in CAPITALS and BOLD and [size=16pt]LARGE[/size]

Makes you look like spioled brat child shouting for sweets!

Re-post you question in normal size and be humble and people might answer you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2013
T-Cann:
GOOD DAY HOUSE

A FRIEND OF MINE JUST GOT THE UK VISA HERE IN NAIJA AND ON GETTING TO UK, HE WISHES TO SIDE STEP INTO GERMANY FOR A WEEKEND SIGHT SEEING. TIME IS AGAINST HIM TO APPLY AND GET APPOINTMENT FOR THE GERMAN SHENGHEN VISA HERE IN NAIJA AS HE PLANS TO LEAVE FOR THE UK 1ST WEEK IN JUNE.

QUESTION IS:

CAN HE GET TO UK AND MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A GERMAN VISA AT THE GERMAN CONSULATE IN LONDON, TO MAKE THE WEEKEND VISIT TO GERMANY FROM LONDON?

NB: THE UK VISA IS A TOURIST VISIT VISA (6 MONTHS, 1ST TIMER)

THANK YOU

NOPE

Applications would be from his/her country of permanent residence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2013
Please, I need an urgent reply. My uncle needs to submit his document for UK visa.
He has retired and so he has pension account with the bank.
My cousin is wedding in UK and he wants him to attend the wedding.
The problem now is that apart from pension account which has small money he
has another account with more money. He doesn't know how to defend the account since he does not have tax cert.
What do you suggest that he should do? He wants to submit the two accounts. The pension account is to show he earns pension

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.