Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,081 members, 7,906,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991623 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
superior1:

I doubt withdrawal is necessary unless she submitted fake documents. Most times what embassies check with Bank is the originality of the Bank's statement not the figure in the account. Don't forget the Bank also have the obligations of not disclosing their customers details to a third party unless authorized. Technically, submitting your statement does not give the embassy the right to know your balance but to confirm if the Bank is the issuer of the statement.

If i were the lady, i will await their decision. Having paid her full school fees count seriously in her favor.

You will still be refused a visa without complete maintenance money in your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise: [/b]

You will still be refused a visa without complete maintenance money in your account.

Agreed, but having paid the school fees is a big plus nonetheless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
@superior1 thanks all my documents are original. And I'm using my dads account. And the closing balance is bout double what I need for maintenance. And my dad touched it cuz that's the account he normlly uses for his business. But didnt tKe all. im about 500p short of maintenance money. And it's too late for me to submit another bank statement. If it isn't , I can take another account of my dads that has what il need for maintenance. But my dad thinks its not necessary. I've decided to just let it be. Tbh, I don't think they'll have any reason to call the bank. Thanks guys x
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
shakarababie: @superior1 thanks all my documents are original. And I'm using my dads account. And the closing balance is bout double what I need for maintenance. And my dad touched it cuz that's the account he normlly uses for his business. But didnt tKe all. im about 500p short of maintenance money. And it's too late for me to submit another bank statement. If it isn't , I can take another account of my dads that has what il need for maintenance. But my dad thinks its not necessary. I've decided to just let it be. Tbh, I don't think they'll have any reason to call the bank. Thanks guys x

Its your school inner or outside London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
@justwise inner London. Which is 9000p. What is left there is 8500p. Do you know if its possible to submit another bank statement entirely that has the maintenance money in it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
shakarababie: @justwise inner London. Which is 9000p. What is left there is 8500p. Do you know if its possible to submit another bank statement entirely that has the maintenance money in it?

I'm not sure if that is allowed, just hope that your application is a straight forward one and no need to call the bank or ask you to come in for an interview.

Finger crossed you will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
@justwise I'm sure it is. Can't wait to give my testimony here. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. Happy Easter smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
shakarababie: @superior1 thanks all my documents are original. And I'm using my dads account. And the closing balance is bout double what I need for maintenance. And my dad touched it cuz that's the account he normlly uses for his business. But didnt tKe all. im about 500p short of maintenance money. And it's too late for me to submit another bank statement. If it isn't , I can take another account of my dads that has what il need for maintenance. But my dad thinks its not necessary. I've decided to just let it be. Tbh, I don't think they'll have any reason to call the bank. Thanks guys x

I am sure you will have your testimony.An acquaintance had lesser than what you quoted with 70% school fees paid and got his last year, I am sure they considered the regular stream of income gracing the account monthly. Mine was even far lower and yet i got it.

Having worked in the Bank for years, I know they dont have access to the real (current) figure in your account but rely on the statement you supplied (or else they would have just asked for your Bank account and confirm directly). They will likely look at the income history (and possibly the expenditure), check if you made a huge(unexplained) deposit to boost your balance (around the time you applied), where they suspect a foul play, they will scan your statement to the Internal Control/Inspection department of the bank to confirm if they issued you the statement and Control will likely also forward it to the branch where it was printed after-which they confirm to the embassy to be genuine.

Embassies do not call to ask the Bank for the Balance in your account, just like a third party (unauthorized) cant go into the bank to ask for a customers details.

I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
@superior1 thanks a lot. And happy Easter smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
superior1:

I am sure you will have your testimony.An acquaintance had lesser than what you quoted with 70% school fees paid and got his last year, I am sure they considered the regular stream of income gracing the account monthly. Mine was even far lower and yet i got it.

Having worked in the Bank for years, I know they dont have access to the real (current) figure in your account but rely on the statement you supplied (or else they would have just asked for your Bank account and confirm directly). They will likely look at the income history (and possibly the expenditure), check if you made a huge(unexplained) deposit to boost your balance (around the time you applied), where they suspect a foul play, they will scan your statement to the Internal Control/Inspection department of the bank to confirm if they issued you the statement and Control will likely also forward it to the branch where it was printed after-which they confirm to the embassy to be genuine.

Embassies do not call to ask the Bank for the Balance in your account, just like a third party (unauthorized) cant go into the bank to ask for a customers details.

I wish you all the best

The highlighted part got nothing to do with student visa, what you narrated there is for other type of visas.. e.g visiting visa, as long as the money stayed 28days in your account that is what matters, cash-flow issue or huge sum been paid into the account does not count.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
shakarababie: @justwise I'm sure it is. Can't wait to give my testimony here. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. Happy Easter smiley

All the best, be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise:

The highlighted part got nothing to do with student visa, what you narrated there is for other type of visas.. e.g visiting visa, as long as the money stayed 28days in your account that is what matters, cash-flow issue or huge sum been paid into the account does not count.

You are the expert on visa matters cheesy cheesy, what i have written is an insider's info on Bank Statement(Nigeria)/Visa Application/Embassy issue and it is valid for all categories of visa. If you know of a case where an embassy got the bank to tell them the balance of an account, i will like to know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
superior1:

You are the expert on visa matters cheesy cheesy, what i have written is an insider's info on Bank Statement(Nigeria)/Visa Application/Embassy issue and it is valid for all categories of visa. If you know of a case where an embassy got the bank to tell them the balance of an account, i will like to know.

What you wrote there got nothing to do with student visa, nobody checks cash-flow or lump sum when it comes to student visa, you can pay the 9000 or 7200 pounds into your bank account at one go, leave it there for 28days and still be given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hi people, please I need some advice. I'm applying for a visiting visa to attend my graduation ceremony. I have it almost covered - I have a good job, there's a nice cash flow in my account, payslips etc, I have my flight tickets, everything. Theres only one snag in my application. I applied for an NI number as a student just before I left the UK, which I've unfortunately lost with no chance of recovery, at least before my grad. How do I indicate this in my application especially with the new online one? Also, do you need an appointment for a general visa? Thanks for your responses! Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise:

What you wrote there got nothing to do with student visa, nobody checks cash-flow or lump sum when it comes to student visa, you can pay the 9000 or 7200 pounds into your bank account at one go, leave it there for 28days and still be given a visa.

I guess you do not get my point.

Embassies do not have access to the current figure in your account beyond the date of your statement of account. Banks do not disclose your account balance to a third party (Embassies inclusive,irrespective the type of visa). Shakarababie has got nothing to fear as the Embassy will only relate to the balance on the statement she supplied not the current account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
superior1:

They will likely look at the income history (and possibly the expenditure), check if you made a huge(unexplained) deposit to boost your balance (around the time you applied), where they suspect a foul play, they will scan your statement to the Internal Control/Inspection department of the bank to confirm if they issued you the statement and Control will likely also forward it to the branch where it was printed after-which they confirm to the embassy to be genuine.

I'm referring to this section of your post and i'm saying that its wrong.^^^^^

superior1: .

I guess you do not get my point.

Embassies do not have access to the current figure in your account beyond the date of your statement of account. Banks do not disclose your account balance to a third party (Embassies inclusive,irrespective the type of visa). Shakarababie has got nothing to fear as the Embassy will only relate to the balance on the statement she supplied not the current account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
Seymour: Hi people, please I need some advice. I'm applying for a visiting visa to attend my graduation ceremony. I have it almost covered - I have a good job, there's a nice cash flow in my account, payslips etc, I have my flight tickets, everything. Theres only one snag in my application. I applied for an NI number as a student just before I left the UK, which I've unfortunately lost with no chance of recovery, at least before my grad. How do I indicate this in my application especially with the new online one? Also, do you need an appointment for a general visa? Thanks for your responses! Cheers

You don't have to enter the national insurance number in the application form if you don't have one.

You don't need an appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 11:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise:

I'm referring to this section of your post and i'm saying that its wrong.^^^^^

superior1:

They will likely look at the income history (and possibly the expenditure), check if you made a huge(unexplained) deposit to boost your balance (around the time you applied), where they suspect a foul play, they will scan your statement to the Internal Control/Inspection department of the bank to confirm if they issued you the statement and Control will likely also forward it to the branch where it was printed after-which they confirm to the embassy to be genuine.

Yeah, i know there are variations but what i said on suspicion of forged statement is true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
Thanks Justwise. Keep up the good work. I remember when you helped me out 2 years ago and here you are again. God bless you and yours!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:11am On Mar 31, 2013
Seymour: Thanks Justwise. Keep up the good work. I remember when you helped me out 2 years ago and here you are again. God bless you and yours!

No worries, all the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jprocdanaira: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2013
Hello people, I kindly need your critical advice on my situation to ensure success in my application. I am a self employed married woman with a 5yr old son. I intend to sponsor myself for a UK tourist visa.

Firstly, my husband is a businessman mostly overseas and all supporting documents I can obtain from him will be foreign, hence I decide to sponsor myself using my personal account in a bid not to attract questions on who will take care of my son when I am away for 2weeks since he will be home when I make the trip. Your advice and take on this.

Also, is there any negative impact in filling 4.14 of VAF1A that my spouse lives with us in the same address and not providing any supporting document from him for the application?

Secondly, I will like to discuss my personal bank statement. I am an event person, and started the business February 2012 after a two year postgraduate studies outside the country. I had a smooth start with a 1.8m turnover for the year 2012. I got my personal tax clearance with respect to this in January 2013. The issue with my account statement is that most clients prefer to pay cash for my services but I insisted that any payment above 200k should be to my personal savings account.

Due to this, if I am going to produce a 6 month statement starting from Oct 2012 to March 2013, the balance brought forward was 7.3m (pls note this). I withdrew 4.5m (early Oct) to purchase a van in the US and other party rental materials I bought to boost my event services ( I have the van's bill of laden which I later cleared in Nov 2012, with van pic and pic of the rental equipment too). My balance went to 2.7m which was followed by consistent ATM withdrawals for over a month.

Early Nov, I got a deposit of 3.5m for an event job out of which I had to withdraw 2.3m to execute the job leaving my bank balance to be 3.4m. After this, I had a consistent ATM withdrawal till the beginning of January 2013 with just a couple of bulk withdrawal for tithes and pledges. from Jan to march, had just a couple of deposits for jobs (520k & 200k), and after consistent ATM and cash withdrawals for maintenance of business outfit which prepares me for rest of the year, I am left with a balance of 1.4m. Do I have a suitable account statement to apply for a UK tourist visa? Your candid advice is needed.

How do I also calculate my monthly income after tax in this situation where income is not constant? Or will it be logical to use my income on my personal Income Tax clearance for 2012 to give an average? Using the average of the total income after tax for 2012 as stated in my tax clearance, my monthly income will be 134k, is it suitable?

I look forward to your critical assessment of my situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mirabeelz: 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hi everyone

PLEASE GUYS ADVISE,URGENTLY NEEDED

I applied for UK spouse visa on July 3rd 2012 and on October 15th I received my decision and I was not allowed entry because I didnt meet theEnglish requirement.As part of my evidence to meet the English requirement I added my Bsc degree certificate,English proficiency letter from my university,my school's four year transcript and a printed out PBS calculator which clearly showed I score 10 points and knowing that the calculator is an extension of UK NARIC operation I was more than confident I had met the rule.After reading my refusal notice it became more real to me that the PBS print out I added wasn't recognized and so I applied to UK NARIC two days after my refusal and on fast track service I got a confirmation letter from UK NARIC that my Bsc degree is of equivalent to British standards.A day after this letter I appealed with the UK NARIC letter and my school's particulars on October 18th.my appeal fee was taken up and I received a letter from AIT in December that my appeal bundle has been sent back to the UKBA:the visa office for the ECM to review within 19 weeks.I have since then not heared anything again and I am frustrated and anxious.I do know 19 weeks are not yet up but I would like to know from you honorable members on this forum if the UK NARIC letter is an ADDITIONAL or NEW evidence because I know new evidence are not allowed in appeals and also is it possible I can get the refusal to be overturned at review stage??the ECO stated in my refusal letter that I am strongly advised to add any additional supporting document which can help resolve the situation at the review stage and does go to AIT for appeal,or should I reapply??.All advice and help is greatly appreciacted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
jprocdanaira: Hello people, I kindly need your critical advice on my situation to ensure success in my application. I am a self employed married woman with a 5yr old son. I intend to sponsor myself for a UK tourist visa.

Firstly, my husband is a businessman mostly overseas and all supporting documents I can obtain from him will be foreign, hence I decide to sponsor myself using my personal account in a bid not to attract questions on who will take care of my son when I am away for 2weeks since he will be home when I make the trip. Your advice and take on this.

Also, is there any negative impact in filling 4.14 of VAF1A that my spouse lives with us in the same address and not providing any supporting document from him for the application?

Secondly, I will like to discuss my personal bank statement. I am an event person, and started the business February 2012 after a two year postgraduate studies outside the country. I had a smooth start with a 1.8m turnover for the year 2012. I got my personal tax clearance with respect to this in January 2013. The issue with my account statement is that most clients prefer to pay cash for my services but I insisted that any payment above 200k should be to my personal savings account.

Due to this, if I am going to produce a 6 month statement starting from Oct 2012 to March 2013, the balance brought forward was 7.3m (pls note this). I withdrew 4.5m (early Oct) to purchase a van in the US and other party rental materials I bought to boost my event services ( I have the van's bill of laden which I later cleared in Nov 2012, with van pic and pic of the rental equipment too). My balance went to 2.7m which was followed by consistent ATM withdrawals for over a month.

Early Nov, I got a deposit of 3.5m for an event job out of which I had to withdraw 2.3m to execute the job leaving my bank balance to be 3.4m. After this, I had a consistent ATM withdrawal till the beginning of January 2013 with just a couple of bulk withdrawal for tithes and pledges. from Jan to march, had just a couple of deposits for jobs (520k & 200k), and after consistent ATM and cash withdrawals for maintenance of business outfit which prepares me for rest of the year, I am left with a balance of 1.4m. Do I have a suitable account statement to apply for a UK tourist visa? Your candid advice is needed.

How do I also calculate my monthly income after tax in this situation where income is not constant? Or will it be logical to use my income on my personal Income Tax clearance for 2012 to give an average? Using the average of the total income after tax for 2012 as stated in my tax clearance, my monthly income will be 134k, is it suitable?

As an adult responsible for your own travel, you do not need your husband consent nor do you need any supporting document from your husband as long as he is not the one to sponsor your travel and as long as you are not travelling under his own rights; ie the rights which he is entitled to in the country that you are travelling to: but you would need your marriage certificate as a proof of your marital status and for future reference. This cleared your first and second question.

Your financial standings are good, you won't have any problem with the transactions that ensued (the withdrawal of funds and purchasing of the van): there is nothing bad with all that you did. just avoid money lodgement and you are good to go.

To answer your fourth question: there would be nothing wrong with such cash lodgement since the deposited sum does not represent the main fund that you intend to use for the visa application, the Visa Officer would see that your bank account is good for the application even without the lodgement: but you might need to provide proof of the source to avoid suspicion of corruption or such.
NOTE: If you can't provide proof of the fund origin, i like to recommend that you print a post-deposit bank statement, it is ok to present 5 months statement: even a 3 months statement would do if the displayed transactions are credibly impressive

Finally, i recommend that you go to your area revenue office and explain your situation and get their tax clearance: as a self employed business owner, it will be impossible for you to get a visa if the visa officer considers you a tax cheat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jprocdanaira: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
As an adult responsible for your own travel, you do not need your husband consent nor do you need any supporting document from your husband as long as he is not the one to sponsor your travel and as long as you are not travelling under his own rights; ie the rights which he is entitled to in the country that you are travelling to: but you would need your marriage certificate as a proof of your marital status and for future reference. This cleared your first and second question.

Your financial standings are good, you won't have any problem with the transactions that ensued (the withdrawal of funds and purchasing of the van): there is nothing bad with all that you did. just avoid money lodgement and you are good to go

Thank you Vicjustice for the enlightenment.

Due to my monthly income which is not constant being self employed, will it be logical to use the average annual income on my personal Income Tax clearance for 2012 as my present monthly income after tax?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
jprocdanaira: Hello people, I kindly need your critical advice on my situation to ensure success in my application. I am a self employed married woman with a 5yr old son. I intend to sponsor myself for a UK tourist visa.

jprocdanaira:

Thank you Vicjustice for the enlightenment.

Due to my monthly income which is not constant being self employed, will it be logical to use the average annual income on my personal Income Tax clearance for 2012 as my present monthly income after tax?

Your financial standings are good, you won't have any problem with the transactions that ensued (the withdrawal of funds and purchasing of the van): there is nothing bad with all that you did. just avoid money lodgement and you are good to go.

To answer your fourth question: there would be nothing wrong with such cash lodgement since the deposited sum does not represent the main fund that you intend to use for the visa application, the Visa Officer would see that your bank account is good for the application even without the lodgement: but you might need to provide proof of the source to avoid suspicion of corruption or such.
NOTE: If you can't provide proof of the fund origin, i like to recommend that you print a post-deposit bank statement, it is ok to present 5 months statement: even a 3 months statement would do if the displayed transactions are transparent enough and are credibly impressive

Finally, i recommend that you go to your area revenue office and explain your situation and get their tax clearance: as a self employed business owner, it will be impossible for you to get a visa if the visa officer considers you a tax cheat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jprocdanaira: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
NOTE: If you can't provide proof of the fund origin, i like to recommend that you print a post-deposit bank statement, it is ok to present 5 months statement: even a 3 months statement would do if the displayed transactions are credibly impressive

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought of it as well to print the statement after the Oct 2 withdrawal of 4.5m. This will bring the opening balance to 2.7m instead of 7.3m, and there will be no burden to defend the 4.5m withdrawal for van, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jprocdanaira: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Vicjustice:

Thanks for the recommendation, I am familiar with what tax does to the society during my two years oversea. I already got my Personal Income Tax clearance for the year 2012, in January this year. I paid a quarter of a million as tax and it covers me till December 2013.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
jprocdanaira:

Thanks for the recommendation, I am familiar with what tax does to the society during my two years oversea. I already got my Personal Income Tax clearance for the year 2012, in January this year. I paid a quarter of a million as tax and it covers me till December 2013.
Good to hear that.
So, madam, you are good to go. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jprocdanaira: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
Good to hear that.
So, madam, you are good to go. Good luck

Thank you and I will update the forum with the outcome. Keep up the good work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maryini(f): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
hello people,

Is it possible to get a vistor's visa when ur trip is to be sponsored by a company?

Also pls can anyone help me with a draft of what a letter of sponsorship from a company should look like? specifically showing reasons why the company's fund should be spent on a private trip...

thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2013
maryini: hello people,

Is it possible to get a vistor's visa when ur trip is to be sponsored by a company?

Also pls can anyone help me with a draft of what a letter of sponsorship from a company should look like? specifically showing reasons why the company's fund should be spent on a private trip...

thanks in advance

Is the trip job related or part of your company's program?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.