Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,118 members, 7,907,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991680 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by green24: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2013
justwise:

Your monthly salary is not bad, budget of 700k will depend on how much you have in your account and how long you tend to stay in the UK, how much do you have in your account in total?
I have 1.2m in my acc now, I intend to stay 2weeks or 10days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2013
green24: I have 1.2m in my acc now, I intend to stay 2weeks or 10days

That amount is ok as long as your salary agreed with the amount you have in your account without any inconsistency.

You need to write-down a mini budget of the trip and try not to budget more than half of the 1.2m.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by green24: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2013
justwise:

That amount is ok as long as your salary agreed with the amount you have in your account without any inconsistency.

You need to write-down a mini budget of the trip and try not to budget more than half of the 1.2m.
okay thanks I will make my budget around 500k or 600k, do u think dat is okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2013
green24: okay thanks I will make my budget around 500k or 600k, do u think dat is okay?

If i were you i will leave that budget around 400K to 500K
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by green24: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2013
justwise:

If i were you i will leave that budget around 400K to 500K
thanks am so grateful,can I book hotel for my accomodation someone said it will affect my chances since am single
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
green24: thanks am so grateful,can I book hotel for my accomodation someone said it will affect my chances since am single

Sure you can as you need to prove that you have a place to stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by amykelly: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hi All I need to get some advice for an ex colleague of mine. She got married in Dec, 2011 to a British Citizen but did not apply for a spouse visa immediately because she got pregnant and had not written the TOEFL. I advised her to apply immediately and use her Bachelors degree as proof of English but i didnt see her for a while and the next time i saw her she was heavily pregnant. Last year she went to renew her UK visa and filled single out of negligence and because she thought she had to change her name to fill married so her visa was revewed for 2 years. Just last month she tried applying for her daughter and this time filled in married and attached her marriage certificate but the embassy picked on the change of status immediately and called her for an interview. they asked her why she filled single when she was renewing and she told the truth that her marriage certificate wasnt close to her thats why she negligently filled single but she travelled to get her marriage certificate thats why she had filled in the correct status. The lady didnt believe her and cancelled her visa and also gave her a 10 years ban.
Now she wants to apply for a settlement visa but her husband doesnt even earn up to 22400 which is the financial requirment for her and her baby.
This is what i advised her to do:
First of all, you need to meet the financial requirement. It is an essential requirment for you to meet the minimum requirement. The only other way for you to beat the requirement is for you or your Hubby to have a savings of £16,000 savings. If you apply without meeting the minimum threshold, you will be rejected. The minimum threshold was put in place to reduce the ammount of immigrants coming to the UK and to prevent people from eventually seeking their stupid benefit. If your husband can't meet the minimum threshold, I suggest that you get the 16k from family. You shouldn't pay all the money in at once as that will flag that you sourced the money. A ban doesnt affect you cos it is settlement visa however, they can frustrate you and if you are not careful they can frustrate you for years and it can turn it into a legal battle. The best way to handle it is to make your application air tight. Make sure you have the test of english or that you have your certificate. Make sure you have 16k if your husband doesnt earn up to 22,400 because if you dont, they will take your application fees money and still reject you because you didnt meet the essential requirement.
Once you are sure that you have met all the essential requirement, then the next thing to do is draft a very very good letter explaining what happened. Be as sincere as possible, that you thought you had to change your name first before you could apply for a renewal. Make it heart felt that its putting an emotional strain on your marriage as you and your husband are not together and that you have a baby involved. They will be baised because of the ban but you can show how sincere you are by explaining and backing it up with proof. Add job adverts and show case that you are employable that you will get a job to support your husband. Add pictures of your wedding, baby, birth certificate of baby, time spent together(dont add a big album cos they will not collect it at vfs if it is big), emails, invitation card to your wedding, letters from family, friends attesting that your relationship with your husband is genuine.
Remember DO NOT APPLY if you dont meet the essential financial requirements because if you do you will waste 200+ on the application and even if you apeal which can take between 6-12 months, you will loose just because of the financial cash requirement problem.
Another way that you can beat the system is if your husband comes to apply for the baby so that he can get a british passport for your baby. They will do a DNA to make sure the baby is his.(He will be the one to pay for it sha) After the baby gets his passport then you can apply. That way he will only have to meet the minimum threshold of 18,600 because the baby will be exempt from immigration control being a citizen.

She has lost all hope because her husband contacted his lawyer and the lawyer said that there is no hope and that she can never win the case because she is banned and that the embassy will hold on to the fact that she lied about her status in the first place.[size=10pt]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
amykelly: Hi All I need to get some advice for an ex colleague of mine. She got married in Dec, 2011 to a British Citizen but did not apply for a spouse visa immediately because she got pregnant and had not written the TOEFL. I advised her to apply immediately and use her Bachelors degree as proof of English but i didnt see her for a while and the next time i saw her she was heavily pregnant. Last year she went to renew her UK visa and filled single out of negligence and because she thought she had to change her name to fill married so her visa was revewed for 2 years. Just last month she tried applying for her daughter and this time filled in married and attached her marriage certificate but the embassy picked on the change of status immediately and called her for an interview. they asked her why she filled single when she was renewing and she told the truth that her marriage certificate wasnt close to her thats why she negligently filled single but she travelled to get her marriage certificate thats why she had filled in the correct status. The lady didnt believe her and cancelled her visa and also gave her a 10 years ban.
Now she wants to apply for a settlement visa but her husband doesnt even earn up to 22400 which is the financial requirment for her and her baby.
This is what i advised her to do:
First of all, you need to meet the financial requirement. It is an essential requirment for you to meet the minimum requirement. The only other way for you to beat the requirement is for you or your Hubby to have a savings of £16,000 savings. If you apply without meeting the minimum threshold, you will be rejected. The minimum threshold was put in place to reduce the ammount of immigrants coming to the UK and to prevent people from eventually seeking their stupid benefit. If your husband can't meet the minimum threshold, I suggest that you get the 16k from family. You shouldn't pay all the money in at once as that will flag that you sourced the money. A ban doesnt affect you cos it is settlement visa however, they can frustrate you and if you are not careful they can frustrate you for years and it can turn it into a legal battle. The best way to handle it is to make your application air tight. Make sure you have the test of english or that you have your certificate. Make sure you have 16k if your husband doesnt earn up to 22,400 because if you dont, they will take your application fees money and still reject you because you didnt meet the essential requirement.
Once you are sure that you have met all the essential requirement, then the next thing to do is draft a very very good letter explaining what happened. Be as sincere as possible, that you thought you had to change your name first before you could apply for a renewal. Make it heart felt that its putting an emotional strain on your marriage as you and your husband are not together and that you have a baby involved. They will be baised because of the ban but you can show how sincere you are by explaining and backing it up with proof. Add job adverts and show case that you are employable that you will get a job to support your husband. Add pictures of your wedding, baby, birth certificate of baby, time spent together(dont add a big album cos they will not collect it at vfs if it is big), emails, invitation card to your wedding, letters from family, friends attesting that your relationship with your husband is genuine.
Remember DO NOT APPLY if you dont meet the essential financial requirements because if you do you will waste 200+ on the application and even if you apeal which can take between 6-12 months, you will loose just because of the financial cash requirement problem.
Another way that you can beat the system is if your husband comes to apply for the baby so that he can get a british passport for your baby. They will do a DNA to make sure the baby is his.(He will be the one to pay for it sha) After the baby gets his passport then you can apply. That way he will only have to meet the minimum threshold of 18,600 because the baby will be exempt from immigration control being a citizen.

She has lost all hope because her husband contacted his lawyer and the lawyer said that there is no hope and that she can never win the case because she is banned and that the embassy will hold on to the fact that she lied about her status in the first place.[size=10pt]
Even if the ban might not directly apply to settlement visa, but the reason for it can not be undermined and as a result, the credibility of her marriage is in jeopardy: It will be very difficult for her to get through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tunde300us(m): 8:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Hi guys,i want to attend a training in the UK ($1500) and pay for it myself.I do not have any particular company i work for because my job allow me to do freelance jobs and earn monies.I have families in the UK so i do not need accomodation and i have almost a million in my account,do i have a chance ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by successfulman: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=tunde300us]Hi guys,i want to attend a training in the UK ($1500) and pay for it myself.I do not have any particular company i work for because my job allow me to do freelance jobs and earn monies.I have families in the UK so i do not need accomodation and i have almost a million in my account,do i have a chance ?[/quop

Permit me to contribute to what wrote here.
For you to secure Visa, you need to have a registered company which will indicate ur source of income.
Your salary must be reflected in the statement of account and all reasonable documents will be added.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
successfulman
I feel that you have several difficulties to address before you apply.

You have money but do not seem to have proof of where money came from This wlll need answering.
You do not seem to have ties to home to proove that you will return This alone is cause for refusal.
Having relatives in UK could be seen as reason to overstay / abscond.
How will the training improve your life back home? You will be asked that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamalolu: 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pls justwise nd others how many days those virgin passport wil use in uk embassy b4 giving visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
tunde300us: Hi guys,i want to attend a training in the UK ($1500) and pay for it myself.I do not have any particular company i work for because my job allow me to do freelance jobs and earn monies.I have families in the UK so i do not need accomodation and i have almost a million in my account,do i have a chance ?

Do you know if the company offering the training in the UK is registered with appropriate authority in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
mamalolu: Pls justwise nd others how many days those virgin passport wil use in uk embassy b4 giving visa.

What sort of visa? Virgin passport or not, it doesn't really matter, it will be the same process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamalolu: 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Visiting visa
justwise:

What sort of visa? Virgin passport or not, it doesn't really matter, it will be the same process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tunde300us(m): 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hi just wise,the school is approved in the UK nd i know a friend who went last year to the same school.What i am not sure of is if i might have issues because i do not earn any salary but i earn with every job i do.I can also get a refereral from some of the companies i have worked for,but like i said i do not earn monthly salary but i work as freelance,and like i said i have families i can stay with in the UK so i guess the issue of accomodation is out of it for me
The training is actually a 14 days training with certification.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
mamalolu: Visiting visa

There is no specific time frame.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
tunde300us: Hi just wise,the school is approved in the UK nd i know a friend who went last year to the same school.What i am not sure of is if i might have issues because i do not earn any salary but i earn with every job i do.I can also get a refereral from some of the companies i have worked for,but like i said i do not earn monthly salary but i work as freelance,and like i said i have families i can stay with in the UK so i guess the issue of accomodation is out of it for me
The training is actually a 14 days training with certification.

The problem you will have is to be able to justify your sources of income with paper evidence to back it up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
justwise:

The problem you will have is to be able to justify your sources of income with paper evidence to back it up

His ties to return home are a problem as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isabeth: 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Please house I need your advise,I just got married and have done change of name in tribune,am having a valid international passport (issued May 2012,expires May 2015) do I need to do another international passport bearing my husband name before putting in for settlement visa,waiting for your response,thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
U don't have to,ur passport is already valid,just make sure to include all marriage papers and documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
omabroowniee: U don't have to,ur passport is already valid,just make sure to include all marriage papers and documents.
Are you saying this out of assumption or presumption?
Well, although marriage does not necessarily mean a change of surname, but in the event that you signed a declaration effecting the change of surname, then every applicable credential needs to be updated, and that includes your passport: You are required to update your passport to bear your current surname and not your maiden family name: therefore, in the presence of such surname declaration, her current passport (bearing her maiden family name) is invalid even if it has not yet expired
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vitodorado: 10:06am On Mar 23, 2013
Hi vicjustice,
I have a senior cousin whose visa application was refused for some funny reasons. The baffling thing about this refusal is that this fellow in question has at different occasions been granted a 6 months, 2&5 years atisfied that you can before now. Been to the UK over 8 times and has never overstayed and also visited the US and currently has a visitors visa to Canada which he has not used and his current US visa will expire next year. See below the refusal notice;
I acknowledge dat u hv previously been issued with entry clearance.however,each time yu apply for entry clearance,yu hv to demonstrate dat yu qualify and therefore yu are required to submit sufficient evidence with each application.
You have applied for entry clearance as a visitor and stated you hv 2 paternal cousins in the UK , yu are married with 3 kids and intend to travel alone to the UK. Also UKBA records shows that your UK sponsor has sponsored 35 other visa applications. I am therefore satisfied that he is aware of the kind of documents that should be submitted with an application. I note that you only have a copy of his passport and a council tax bill from march 2012, 11 months ago. I have therefore seen no recent and up to date evidence of his accommodation and that he lives at this address in London. Such that I am satisfied that. this accommodation is secure and available to you. I further note that your bank statement show several purchases made by you in Bromley,Lewisham and streatham during your last trip to the UK in August 2012, a fact that further causes me to doubt you intend to stay in north London as stated.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration rules.

Our right of appeal is limited blablabla.

Please can you advice on his next steps or wht he should do? Thanks.
Hat he is aware of the kind of
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
vitodorado: Hi vicjustice,
I have a senior cousin whose visa application was refused for some funny reasons. The baffling thing about this refusal is that this fellow in question has at different occasions been granted a 6 months, 2&5 years atisfied that you can before now. Been to the UK over 8 times and has never overstayed and also visited the US and currently has a visitors visa to Canada which he has not used and his current US visa will expire next year. See below the refusal notice;
I acknowledge dat u hv previously been issued with entry clearance.however,each time yu apply for entry clearance,yu hv to demonstrate dat yu qualify and therefore yu are required to submit sufficient evidence with each application.
You have applied for entry clearance as a visitor and stated you hv 2 paternal cousins in the UK , yu are married with 3 kids and intend to travel alone to the UK. Also UKBA records shows that your UK sponsor has sponsored 35 other visa applications. I am therefore satisfied that he is aware of the kind of documents that should be submitted with an application. I note that you only have a copy of his passport and a council tax bill from march 2012, 11 months ago. I have therefore seen no recent and up to date evidence of his accommodation and that he lives at this address in London. Such that I am satisfied that. this accommodation is secure and available to you. I further note that your bank statement show several purchases made by you in Bromley,Lewisham and streatham during your last trip to the UK in August 2012, a fact that further causes me to doubt you intend to stay in north London as stated.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration rules.

Our right of appeal is limited blablabla.

Please can you advice on his next steps or wht he should do? Thanks.
Hat he is aware of the kind of
With due respect, i don't think that your cousin needs me to advice him on his next steps, he has bags of experience with successful multiple visa applications: he just needs to remember not to take the rules and the requirements for granted as every application is treated in its own merit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hello My NL people,remember me?Lady with the British kid and Boyfriend that got her 2years renewal cheesy. Pls Justy,Vick,guys, I need your help again O!. I've travelled to see my man with our boy and we're back home now(9ja),stayed 5 months,returned Feb.My divorce is final now,got my Decree Absolute.Me and my man want to get married and put in our spousal application.Well,the issue is due to my man's work commitments,he cant come home anytime soon,I'm scheduled to return to uk on another visit in may. My questions are thus:::

* Can we get married in uk and i return home to put in my application
* I'm on visitors visa still,hope that wont affect our plans
* How do we go about getting married in the Uk.

Please any other additional info would be helpful.Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
Pepe-A:
Hello My NL people,remember me?Lady with the British kid and Boyfriend that got her 2years renewal cheesy. Pls Justy,Vick,guys, I need your help again O!. I've travelled to see my man with our boy and we're back home now(9ja),stayed 5 months,returned Feb.My divorce is final now,got my Decree Absolute.Me and my man want to get married and put in our spousal application.Well,the issue is due to my man's work commitments,he cant come home anytime soon,I'm scheduled to return to uk on another visit in may. My questions are thus:::

Quite sweet you only come here when you have issues, and then forget about us once you're through with them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isabeth: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
thanks for the advise will do a new passport,please myhusband as a stable Job in the UK and his meeting up with the 18,600 threshold,but is not having much in his account(500pounds) can I still go ahead with my settlement application.thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
isabeth: thanks for the advise will do a new passport,please myhusband as a stable Job in the UK and his meeting up with the 18,600 threshold,but is not having much in his account(500pounds) can I still go ahead with my settlement application.thanks.

What is his annual salary after tax?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Pepe-A:

You can get married in the UK then go home to apply.

Visit the registry/church in your area for details on how to go about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Onyinyechimara(f): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
^
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Onyinyechimara: ^^^pardon me but is one allowed to get married on a visitors visa in UK

I thought this was clearly stated as not permissible?

I may be wrong o but that's what I know

They can't stop a citizen(the hubby) from getting married but marriage certificate will not get you (visiting visa holder)a visa hence the need to go home and apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.