Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,929 members, 7,942,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995051 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
Vicjustice:
Quite sweet you only come here when you have issues, and then forget about us once you're through with them.

No b so O! You know i no too get experience,if not I for dey contribute.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

You can get married in the UK then go home to apply.

Visit the registry/church in your area for details on how to go about it

You dont think it will affect my application? I mean being a visitor and all.Do I need a solicitor abi na straight forward application? The solicitors we hinted dey charge btw 1500-2000,excluding the application fee shocked shuo! Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Pepe-A:

You dont think it will affect my application? I mean being a visitor and all.Do I need a solicitor abi na straight forward application? The solicitors we hinted dey charge btw 1500-2000,excluding the application fee shocked shuo! Lol

Hmmmmm...need to have a rethink about my contributions here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tunde300us(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
tunde300us: Hi just wise,the school is approved in the UK nd i know a friend who went last year to the same school.What i am not sure of is if i might have issues because i do not earn any salary but i earn with every job i do.I can also get a refereral from some of the companies i have worked for,but like i said i do not earn monthly salary but i work as freelance,and like i said i have families i can stay with in the UK so i guess the issue of accomodation is out of it for me
The training is actually a 14 days training with certification.

So justwise, u dodnt think there is a way around it for me or you think i should just apply and see if i get sometin favourable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 1:58am On Mar 24, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Hmmmmm...need to have a rethink about my contributions here

Haba Justy,why the rethinking? You guys are doing a wonderful job here,gba! Pls,on my case,just tell me as it is. i be big girl,i can handle it wink........(make e be good news sha! ,make big girl no turn to ikoko)... Thanks a lot smiley

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! D money bah? No mind dem...lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Pepe-A:

Haba Justy,why the rethinking? You guys are doing a wonderful job here,gba! Pls,on my case,just tell me as it is. i be big girl,i can handle it wink........(make e be good news sha! ,make big girl no turn to ikoko)... Thanks a lot smiley

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! D money bah? No mind dem...lol.

As your partner is British the law will not stop him from marrying you, its his human right but getting a spouse visa in the UK with that marriage certificate will be a tough one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
tunde300us:

So justwise, u dodnt think there is a way around it for me or you think i should just apply and see if i get sometin favourable

I don't see any way around it, you need to proof the source of your income, showing bank statement without proof (payslip or tax clearance) will look as if you just borrowed the money for visa purposes.

That said, i'm not the ECO so things may turn out differently and you will be called for an interview to explain things better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 10:33am On Mar 25, 2013
Hello Justwise and Vicjustice i need your advice concerning my situation.

In 2011 i applied for a tourist visa but i was refused the first time then i reapplied immediately and got 6 months.I was 27 then single and self employed business man with a monthly income of 250k as i stated in my application form.I went to UK and spent 2 months although i stated in my application form that i was going to spend 7 days vacation but i returned to Nija after 2 months but something happened at the airport i got arrested for handling stolen goods these were 17 blackberry phones that a few friends gave me to help them delver in Nija but unfortunately i was stopped at the departure by a custom officer and started questioning me about the phones in my luggage i didnt have receipts because there were UK used before i knew what was happening 2 police officers arrived and started running running a check on each phones but unfortunately one of them has been reported stolen i was taken to police station from there but later released on bail and was told to come back after 1 month but i didnt stay back in UK as i returned to nija after a week the incident happened.

After a week i returned to nija i email the police station and i got a reply saying my bail has been canceled and NO further actions will be taken against me and also i didnt need to answer the bail anymore and concerning the mobiles phones they are free to be collected by me or anyone who can prove ownership or else the phones will be destroyed in next 6 months if unclaimed. I returned to UK and got the phones except the only one that was reported stolen i returned to Nija after one week because i only had 1 month left on my visa then.

My issue now is i have been finding it difficult to to renew my visa as i have been refused 4 times since my visa expire. The first time the ECO was right he refused my application because i failed to explained the reason i stayed in UK for 2 months after i stated in application form that i wanted to stayed 7 days the second reason was there was an adverse notice to the home office during my first visit and i didn't explained what happened then after 6 months i reapplied and addressed the two reasons with the help of my lawyer and i also submitted evidence to support my claim such as the email i got from the police station but the application was refused again for second time because there was lump sum of money into my account 5 days before the application was submitted but there has always been huge some of money in and out of my accounts prior to that but i replied immediately for the the third time providing the evidence of the origin of the funds i.e invoice and the receipts of the goods sold the day the lumps some of money were deposited into my account explaining to the ECO that they were deposited by my customers but to my surprise again the ECO refused my application again given the same reason as the one i was given the first time i went for renewal i.e (i didnt explain why i stayed in UK for over 2 months and how i manage my business while away for so long) but this reason has already been addressed before and they never express satisfactions so i asked for Admin Review calling the BHC attention to the ECO's mistake but they wont change the decision and was asked to reapply.

After 4 months i reapply for the 4th time with the help of my lawyer i submitted a copy of the notes that was used to addressed the refusal notice earlier before another Eco repeated it but again my application was refused despite the mistake by the previous ECO this time the ECO said i claimed i make 250k monthly and he acknowledge the income may depends on the financial performance of the business and that the documentary evidence of my pay may not exist but he needs more evidence to make his assessment that shows i make 250k per month such as company audited account that will allow him to know the financial position of the business so he refused my application.

Now i have the audited account for year 2012 signed and sealed by an auditor but i am little concerns because i dont know what else they will say is wrong this time around because i am tired of been refused too many times i am a genuine visitor just going on vacation and nothing more, some friends advised me to use a family visitor so when they refuse me i ll be able to appeal the decision and there is a high possibility i ll win the appeal but i dont have any family in UK but hes saying it doesn't mean once the person sent me IV and necessary documents it will work despite i never stated in my application form that i have a family in UK.

Justwise and Vicjustice please i need your opinions please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice i need your advice concerning my situation.

In 2011 i applied for a tourist visa but i was refused the first time then i reapplied immediately and got 6 months.I was 27 then single and self employed business man with a monthly income of 250k as i stated in my application form.I went to UK and spent 2 months although i stated in my application form that i was going to spend 7 days vacation but i returned to Nija after 2 months but something happened at the airport i got arrested for handling stolen goods these were 17 blackberry phones that a few friends gave me to help them delver in Nija but unfortunately i was stopped at the departure by a custom officer and started questioning me about the phones in my luggage i didnt have receipts because there were UK used before i knew what was happening 2 police officers arrived and started running running a check on each phones but unfortunately one of them has been reported stolen i was taken to police station from there but later released on bail and was told to come back after 1 month but i didnt stay back in UK as i returned to nija after a week the incident happened.

After a week i returned to nija i email the police station and i got a reply saying my bail has been canceled and NO further actions will be taken against me and also i didnt need to answer the bail anymore and concerning the mobiles phones they are free to be collected by me or anyone who can prove ownership or else the phones will be destroyed in next 6 months if unclaimed. I returned to UK and got the phones except the only one that was reported stolen i returned to Nija after one week because i only had 1 month left on my visa then.

My issue now is i have been finding it difficult to to renew my visa as i have been refused 4 times since my visa expire. The first time the ECO was right he refused my application because i failed to explained the reason i stayed in UK for 2 months after i stated in application form that i wanted to stayed 7 days the second reason was there was an adverse notice to the home office during my first visit and i didn't explained what happened then after 6 months i reapplied and addressed the two reasons with the help of my lawyer and i also submitted evidence to support my claim such as the email i got from the police station but the application was refused again for second time because there was lump sum of money into my account 5 days before the application was submitted but there has always been huge some of money in and out of my accounts prior to that but i replied immediately for the the third time providing the evidence of the origin of the funds i.e invoice and the receipts of the goods sold the day the lumps some of money were deposited into my account explaining to the ECO that they were deposited by my customers but to my surprise again the ECO refused my application again given the same reason as the one i was given the first time i went for renewal i.e (i didnt explain why i stayed in UK for over 2 months and how i manage my business while away for so long) but this reason has already been addressed before and they never express satisfactions so i asked for Admin Review calling the BHC attention to the ECO's mistake but they wont change the decision and was asked to reapply.

After 4 months i reapply for the 4th time with the help of my lawyer i submitted a copy of the notes that was used to addressed the refusal notice earlier before another Eco repeated it but again my application was refused despite the mistake by the previous ECO this time the ECO said i claimed i make 250k monthly and he acknowledge the income may depends on the financial performance of the business and that the documentary evidence of my pay may not exist but he needs more evidence to make his assessment that shows i make 250k per month such as company audited account that will allow him to know the financial position of the business so he refused my application.

Now i have the audited account for year 2012 signed and sealed by an auditor but i am little concerns because i dont know what else they will say is wrong this time around because i am tired of been refused too many times i am a genuine visitor just going on vacation and nothing more, some friends advised me to use a family visitor so when they refuse me i ll be able to appeal the decision and there is a high possibility i ll win the appeal but i dont have any family in UK but hes saying it doesn't mean once the person sent me IV and necessary documents it will work despite i never stated in my application form that i have a family in UK.

You did not do yourself any favour by staying 4months even when you claimed that you will stay only 7days without any genuine reason.

They don't see you as a genuine visitor and i have to agree with the ECO, you went to the UK for a visit and stayed 4months then after few weeks you went back again just to collect those phone, and since then you have applied 4times to visit the UK again? As a business man..how do you manage to run your business while you spent more than 5months in a year traveling to the UK for visit which cost a lot of money?

This raised the suspicion that you are not just going for visit but for something else..maybe business or working illegally with visiting visa.

If i were you i will stop applying for another UK visa for at least a year.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2013
Justwise, it was two months and returned after a months to get those phones spent a week and returned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: Justwise, it was two months and returned after a months to get those phones spent a week and returned.

Sorry i noticed that.

I still maintain that series of decisions you made cast doubt on your real intention of visiting the UK.

Forget about the phone incident at the airport, that can happen to anybody but why did you not explain everything in detail in your first application? Why do you have to travel to the UK just to collect a phone even when the owners are living in the UK?

As a business man how would you want the ECO to believe that you are a genuine visitor when you have visited the UK 2times in a year and in total stayed more than 9wks?

It doesn't add up because you are spending more than you earn in a month visiting the UK, a visit that brings no money into your business? Think about it...if you were the ECO will issue that person a visa so quickly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Siga: 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
@justwise...I dont know much about UK thingyz ooo...but I will assume based on wat he explained...the problem stemmed from him staying beyond the 7 days he specified in his initial application....why not take time to explain the reasons why u stayed more than the 7days u told them u planned staying....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
Siga: @justwise...I dont know much about UK thingyz ooo...but I will assume based on wat he explained...the problem stemmed from him staying beyond the 7 days he specified in his initial application....why not take time to explain the reasons why u stayed more than the 7days u told them u planned staying....

Staying 2months is just one part of the problem, another part is the idea of visiting the UK so frequently as a business man on visiting visa

If he is holding a business visa then no problem at all because the visit is part of his business and it will bring money into his business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
Thank you justwise, Well i returned to Uk for second time because i was on bail when i returned to Nija after first visit that i spent 2 months so on return i had booked a ticket thinking that i would be answering a bail in In August 2011 because i returned in July 2011 but just before the second visit i had received an email that bail has been canceled and there was no need to attend the police station again but then ticket was already bought so i had to use it and used the opportunity to get the phones moreover the owners couldn't claim the phones either because they needed a receipt to do that and there were no receipts.

About why i stayed 2 months and how i managed my business whilst in UK i had already explained everything that my brother managed the business and submitted bank statements showing inflow and outflow of cash whist in UK .

I didnt spend straight 9 weeks first 8 weeks then returned after a month i went back because of the incident at the airport then spent 1 week.

But i have been able to address every reason for each refusal with evidence but they keep bringing new excuses each time i apply and one application is never different from others.

justwise:

Sorry i noticed that.

I still maintain that series of decisions you made cast doubt on your real intention of visiting the UK.

Forget about the phone incident at the airport, that can happen to anybody but why did you not explain everything in detail in your first application? Why do you have to travel to the UK just to collect a phone even when the owners are living in the UK?

As a business man how would you want the ECO to believe that you are a genuine visitor when you have visited the UK 2times in a year and in total stayed more than 9wks?

It doesn't add up because you are spending more than you earn in a month visiting the UK, a visit that brings no money into your business? Think about it...if you were the ECO will issue that person a visa so quickly?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
@SIGA you are right the main problem is the staying over 7 days i stated in my application but i have addressed that issue and none of the ECO ever express dissatisfaction over the reason i gave them rather they keep given me new excuses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Siga: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: @SIGA you are right the main problem is the staying over 7 days i stated in my application but i have addressed that issue and none of the ECO ever express dissatisfaction over the reason i gave them rather they keep given me new excuses
...Trust me...na only dem and God sabi wetin write for ur file....might be that u are not credible....U go need pray hard and keep trying....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour:
Thank you justwise, Well i returned to Uk for second time because i was on bail when i returned to Nija after first visit that i spent 2 months so on return i had booked a ticket thinking that i would be answering a bail in In August 2011 because i returned in July 2011 but just before the second visit i had received an email that bail has been canceled and there was no need to attend the police station again but then ticket was already bought so i had to use it and used the opportunity to get the phones moreover the owners couldn't claim the phones either because they needed a receipt to do that and there were no receipts.

About why i stayed 2 months and how i managed my business whilst in UK i had already explained everything that my brother managed the business and submitted bank statements showing inflow and outflow of cash whist in UK .

I didnt spend straight 9 weeks first 8 weeks then returned after a month i went back because of the incident at the airport then spent 1 week.

But i have been able to address every reason for each refusal with evidence but they keep bringing new excuses each time i apply and one application is never different from others.

That is exactly why you should give UK visa application a break for now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Yeah justwise i am in no rush at all its been 6 months since i last applied even what the ECO claims in the last refusal notice i.e company audited accounts i now have it so just asking you that when next i am applying which i am considering in next 2 months i should just go for the tourist or change to family visitor as suggested by a friend because i ll be able to appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: Yeah justwise i am in no rush at all its been 6 months since i last applied even what the ECO claims in the last refusal notice i.e company audited accounts i now have it so just asking you that when next i am applying which i am considering in next 2 months i should just go for the tourist or change to family visitor as suggested by a friend because i ll be able to appeal.

During your previous applications, Did you at any time, state that your have family in UK, if no, then you are playing with 10 years ban if you try to change to family visitor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
I didn't and that's why i came here to seek advise because i knew it doesn't sounds ok since i never indicated i have a family in UK but hes saying it can work that what if i just found out i have a family in UK and as long as the person inviting me confirm to BHC that we are family but never trusted the idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: I didn't and that's why i came here to seek advise because i knew it doesn't sounds ok since i never indicated i have a family in UK but hes saying it can work that what if i just found out i have a family in UK and as long as the person inviting me confirm to BHC that we are family but never trusted the idea.

You already have enough issue to deal with, so don't just add other complications to your already credibility issues with them. 10 years is not a joke ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
maybe you are right SIGA e fit be so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: Yeah justwise i am in no rush at all its been 6 months since i last applied even what the ECO claims in the last refusal notice i.e company audited accounts i now have it so just asking you that when next i am applying which i am considering in next 2 months i should just go for the tourist or change to family visitor as suggested by a friend because i ll be able to appeal.

The only advantage that comes with family visiting visa is the right of appeal, giving the right to appeal does not make much of a difference if you don't have a strong case, appeal will cost you money (80-140 pounds) and takes atleast 4months with no guarantee of successful outcome.

If you suddenly change to family visiting visa it will not wipe-out your previous immigration history, it will still come back to bit you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
I aware of that and i totally agree with you justwise but dont you think i could have one an appeal if i had the right base on excuse the ECO has been given me especially the one that make a mistake repeating refusal reason that has been raised and addressed previously. The latest refusal was he need an audit account to make his assessment of the monthly income which i now have so if i reaply now and adress that issue and submiting audit account what do you think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Siga: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: I aware of that and i totally agree with you justwise but dont you think i could have one an appeal if i had the right base on excuse the ECO has been given me especially the one that make a mistake repeating refusal reason that has been raised and addressed previously. The latest refusal was he need an audit account to make his assessment of the monthly income which i now have so if i reaply now and adress that issue and submiting audit account what do you think

...If u want to reapply go ahead, but dont change ur initial stands by going for another visa category...stick to ur guns like Abiola stuck with June 12.....besides...me feel this ur constant applications dey show signs of desperation....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Siga: ...If u want to reapply go ahead, but dont change ur initial stands by going for another visa category...stick to ur guns like Abiola stuck with June 12.....besides...me feel this ur constant applications dey show signs of desperation....

shessyfavour: I aware of that and i totally agree with you justwise but dont you think i could have one an appeal if i had the right base on excuse the ECO has been given me especially the one that make a mistake repeating refusal reason that has been raised and addressed previously. The latest refusal was he need an audit account to make his assessment of the monthly income which i now have so if i reaply now and adress that issue and submiting audit account what do you think

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
shessyfavour: Hello Justwise and Vicjustice i need your advice concerning my situation.

Your subsequent (four) applications had been refused due to that first reason? Well, this is more or less a sign that a regulation had been placed on you.
I will not be surprised if you have been banned in silence as it is their preferred custom to ban unsuspecting people without notice: But why isn't your "solicitor" concerned about this possibility?

By the way, it is not altogether illegal to stay in the UK for longer than "two months", but unexplainable lengthy periods spent on a single trip as a tourist visitor may cause immigration or visa officers to doubt your purposes. Be aware that it is not only those who used false or fake documents that are banned from the UK: if you gave misinformation about your intentions or you breach the conditions attached to your entry to the UK, you may face the dreaded 10 years ban as well. Bear in mind that you might have been issued the visa due to your declaration to stay 7 days, which means that your application might not have been successful had you declared your true intended period of stay.
Read more here:
http://overseaschachi.com/documents/Ukvisitvisa.pdf

Suggestion: As the application fee does not seem to be a problem to you, i advice you to resolve the money-lodgement issues with valid proof of income and then, you may want to apply again one more time, and if unsuccessful, then demand to know your status with them (you can't normally inquire to know your status if you are not making fresh application or if you are not collecting your application result)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shessyfavour: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Vicjustice thanks for your contribution but i am pretty sure i am not under a ban i am aware that misinformation could caused a ban as well but such application would still be refused under section 320 none all of my application was under 821 but as you said the subsequent applications was affected by the change in duration of stay but that didnt bridge the immigration rules and i have addressed that issues twice and none of the ECO expressed satisfactions for my reason to stay longer and i provided proof that my business was fine whilst in UK.

I did not bridge any conditions attach to my visa and what happened at the airport could happen to anybody just like justwise said they cancelled the the bail and return the phones so that issues was clear to the BHC so what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by asaajuomo1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
I want to know if one APPLIED as a Tourist in January and was given visa but didn't travel until June; may be refused visa when applying for renewal? ALSO, if you filled 2 weeks but spent 3 weeks can affect when applying for renewal? Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-centre/news/net-migration-feb-28

got this on the UKBA site.
kindly read.
they dont want us to migrate apparently.
LOL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
asaaju omo: I want to know if one APPLIED as a Tourist in January and was given visa but didn't travel until June; may be refused visa when applying for renewal? ALSO, if you filled 2 weeks but spent 3 weeks can affect when applying for renewal? Thanks for your response.

your renewal i believe will be dealt on its on merit

not necessarily, there's a a glaring difference between 2 weeks and 5and half weeks though as a tourist wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by asaajuomo1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

your renewal i believe will be dealt on its on merit

not necessarily, there's a a glaring difference between 2 weeks and 5and half weeks though as a tourist wink
its not 5 and half weeks......is spending 3wks instead of 2 wks initially proposed. I want to know if it is an issue when requesting for renewal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.