Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,116 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991677 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
asaaju omo: its not 5 and half weeks......is spending 3wks instead of 2 wks initially proposed. I want to know if it is an issue when requesting for renewal.

I've answered the question na..

plans change, so staying 3 weeks instead of 2weeks shouldnt matter... unlike the poster before you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mandee8223: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
pls i need an urgent response, especially from the good brother @justwise. i applied for a student visa to canada in 2008 and i was refused visa based on the ground that i didnt sufficiently convince them that i would return to nigeria after my study; i had lots of family members there, so i got a refund of my school fees and forgot about the trip since i had no right to an appeal. got married in 2010 and after my wedding, i and my husband trying going for honeymoon in us but was refused visa again. now i plan to travel in october with my two year son to the UK, cos my immediate elder sis is there and is married to an EEA national. pls i want to know what requirements i would be needing for the application and what are the chances that i would get the visa to the UK since i havent travelled out before and i have been refused twice to canada and US.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
mandee8223: pls i need an urgent response, especially from the good brother @justwise. i applied for a student visa to canada in 2008 and i was refused visa based on the ground that i didnt sufficiently convince them that i would return to nigeria after my study; i had lots of family members there, so i got a refund of my school fees and forgot about the trip since i had no right to an appeal. got married in 2010 and after my wedding, i and my husband trying going for honeymoon in us but was refused visa again
What exactly is your query now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hello everybody, you people are doing a great job and I have learnt a lot form this forum I must confess!
Please, I have a situation at hand and require some assistance sirs and mas.
I am planning a vacation in UK with my wife and two kids in two months time, however my wife just got a new job today! Though I will be the sponsor for the family, I initially planned that my wife will attach documents (payslips, letter of introduction, leave approval, etc) from her employer in order to proof that she works and to boost the success of the application. I wouldn't know if this can still be done now, knowing fully well that she has now officialy resigned. Meanwhile, presenting documents from her new employer may not be a good move as she resumes on April 9th and may be too early to be discussing such with her new employer. Please, advise us on how best to go about this issue. We intend to submit our aplications on April 24th. God bless you all...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
ty01: Hello everybody, you people are doing a great job and I have learnt a lot form this forum I must confess!
I am planning a vacation in UK with my wife and two kids in two months time, however my wife just got a new job today! Though I will be the sponsor for the family, I initially planned that my wife will attach documents (payslips, letter of introduction, leave approval, etc) from her employer in order to proof that she works and to boost the success of the application. I wouldn't know if this can still be done now, knowing fully well that she has now officialy resigned. Meanwhile, presenting documents form her new employer may not be a good move as she resumes on April 9th. Please, advise us on how best to go about this issue. We intend to submit our aplications on April 24th. God bless you all...
This is the kind of mindset that gets people into trouble or into undesired and unfavourable situations.
You know fully well that your wife's circumstances are not appropriate for your desired travel intention, and instead of letting it go and doing it at the right time, you are seeking ways on how to manipulate the situation and maneuvre your ways. Things are easier when done orderly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
ty01: Hello everybody, you people are doing a great job and I have learnt a lot form this forum I must confess!
I am planning a vacation in UK with my wife and two kids in two months time, however my wife just got a new job today! Though I will be the sponsor for the family, I initially planned that my wife will attach documents (payslips, letter of introduction, leave approval, etc) from her employer in order to proof that she works and to boost the success of the application. I wouldn't know if this can still be done now, knowing fully well that she has now officialy resigned. Meanwhile, presenting documents form her new employer may not be a good move as she resumes on April 9th. Please, advise us on how best to go about this issue. We intend to submit our aplications on April 24th. God bless you all...

congrats on the new job

is her holiday plans known to the new employer? if theres an official acknowledgment of the holiday by the new employer, i doubt they'll be much problems. i'd think that address her ties to the country and you as the main sponsor will sort the your end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mr Vicjustice, thanks for your response, however you may not be correct by saying that I am seeking ways on how to manipulate the situation and maneuvre my ways. My wife got the offer TODAY and had to turn in her resignation same day! Meanwhile, we have been planning for the trip since december last year. I do not see anything wrong in seeking opinion on how best to go about the situation. I have already told my wife that we may have to differ the trip till december this year, but i was just asking if there are any other LEGITIMATE way(s) of dealing with the issue especially because I am the sole sponsor for the trip and as such my wife's resignation should not put our plan to a halt. Going to the UK is not a do-or-die affair for me, I was in London in September and my visa just expired last month. Not all nigerians are manipulators and 'maneuvres'! I am open to wise advise... Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
@ Dis Guy, Many thanks for your response sir! No, she has not told the new employer as she just got the offer today. There should not be any difficulty in discussing with the new employer actualy...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:02am On Mar 28, 2013
ty01: Mr Vicjustice, thanks for your response, however you may not be correct by saying that I am seeking ways on how to manipulate the situation and maneuvre my ways. My wife got the offer TODAY and had to turn in her resignation same day! Meanwhile, we have been planning for the trip since december last year. I do not see anything wrong in seeking opinion on how best to go about the situation. I have already told my wife that we may have to differ the trip till december this year, but i was just asking if there are any other LEGITIMATE way(s) of dealing with the issue especially because I am the sole sponsor for the trip and as such my wife's resignation should not put our plan to a halt. Going to the UK is not a do-or-die affair for me, I was in London in September and my visa just expired last month. Not all nigerians are manipulators and 'maneuvres'! I am open to wise advise... Thank you
"Manipulating or maneuvering" does not necessarily imply illegality, it simply means to manage or handle with skills or smart arts.
Please, kindly look that up in the dictionary and understand that i wasn't intending to slander your person.

Note: I did carefully read your explanation and i considered your wife's circumstances before commenting, and i was honest enough to tell you my mind based on what i know is the rule. Be advised that for a job to be used as a tie or an obligation, you have to be in the same employment for more than 12 calender months because, such is the window period to be legally secured in a job: you can not use such job (in which you are under probation) as a proof of obligation or home tie
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 6:28am On Mar 28, 2013
@vicjustice,bro you are doing a very good job.please my caseis this, I want to apply for uk visa and I want you to advise on visa I should apply for . Firstly I'm a contract. own a registered bussines name company under C.A.C .now have been planing to travel to UK for atleast 5months please what visa should apply for ? And moreover the money I used to run my account are for my client project becuase I'm into building .please advice me sir .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 6:31am On Mar 28, 2013
@vicjustice,bro you are doing a very good job.please my case is this, I want to apply for uk visa and I want you to advise on visa I should apply for . Firstly I'm a contract. own a registered bussines name company under C.A.C .now have been planing to travel to UK for atleast 5months because I have contract at hand that it will commence in the next seven months please what visa should I apply for ? And moreover the money I used to run my account are for my client project becuase I'm into building .please advice me sir .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:06am On Mar 28, 2013
otunbaneyo09: @vicjustice,bro you are doing a very good job.please my case is this, I want to apply for uk visa and I want you to advise on visa I should apply for . Firstly I'm a contract. own a registered bussines name company under C.A.C .now have been planing to travel to UK for atleast 5months because I have contract at hand that it will commence in the next seven months please what visa should I apply for ? And moreover the money I used to run my account are for my client project becuase I'm into building .please advice me sir .
Tourist/Visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cometozizo(m): 11:17am On Mar 28, 2013
Hi Vichonest,
Am 27 am thru with my university 2011 and i want to apply for a Uk visa. I have read abt the requirements stated in the thread , many thanks for that but my question are :
1) I work with a marketing firm(a contract job) and am paid like 50k monthly and atimes bonus of 20k in month ,in my current/salary acct. Allthough i hv like 600k(was just deposit ) in my oda savings account . How much need to be in d statement of acct to avoid money lodgement and ensure my visa granted.
2) Since its a contract job so we dont pay Tax and Pension . so i dont know how to go abt that . Maybe i should walk FIRS or LIRS into and obatain a Personal income tax but is dat ok ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:45am On Mar 28, 2013
cometozizo: Hi Vichonest,
Am 27 am thru with my university 2011 and i want to apply for a Uk visa. I have read abt the requirements stated in the thread , many thanks for that but my question are :
1) I work with a marketing firm(a contract job) and am paid like 50k monthly and atimes bonus of 20k in month ,in my current/salary acct. Allthough i hv like 600k(was just deposit ) in my oda savings account . How much need to be in d statement of acct to avoid money lodgement and ensure my visa granted.
2) Since its a contract job so we dont pay Tax and Pension . so i dont know how to go abt that . Maybe i should walk FIRS or LIRS into and obatain a Personal income tax but is dat ok ?
Thanks
None of your given circumstances meet the requirement for a tourist/visit visa; your salary is barely £200 in a whole month, and your savings are not satisfying: how much would be left after paying the visa application and other associating costs, and also after paying for flight tickets? Besides, there is the money lodgement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 11:47am On Mar 28, 2013
Vicjustice: "Manipulating or maneuvering" does not necessarily imply illegality, it simply means to manage or handle with skills or smart arts.
Please, kindly look that up in the dictionary and understand that i wasn't intending to slander your person.

Note: I did carefully read your explanation and i considered your wife's circumstances before commenting, and i was honest enough to tell you my mind based on what i know is the rule. Be advised that for a job to be used as a tie or an obligation, you have to be in the same employment for more than 12 calender months because, such is the window period to be legally secured in a job

@ Vicjustice: No qualms at all. I do appreciate your efforts on this forum and I have realy learnt from the information on this site. I guess my wife's landed property,our kids and of course myself could also suffice as a tie. I could sense from your comment that you do not think our application will be successful given my wife's current circumstance, but we may still give it a trial. Will keep you updated as things unfold. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2013
ty01:

@ Vicjustice: No qualms at all. I do appreciate your efforts on this forum and I have realy learnt from the information on this site. I guess my wife's landed property,our kids and of course myself could also suffice as a tie. I could sense from your comment that you do not think our application will be successful given my wife's current circumstance, but we may still give it a trial. Will keep you updated as things unfold. Thank you.
Wait a minute!
Did you say that you are sponsoring the trip?
If so, your wife does not need anything from her side, she is elligibly covered under your full sponsorship even if she doesn't have a job of her own: i gave that advice based on my assumption that you intend to use your wife's job as a proof of home time or obligation

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
Wait a minute!
Did you say that you are sponsoring the trip?
If so, your wife does not need anything from her side, she is elligibly covered under your full sponsorship even if she doesn't have a job of her own: i gave that advice based on my assumption that you intend to use your wife's job as a proof of home time or obligation

Lol, yes I am the sponsor. My gross monthly salary is in the neighbourhood of 500k, to the glory of God and I have enough funds to cater for all us in UK for two weeks. I was only trying to ensure that we boost our chances by also including some documents from my wife. I guess I will just limit the documents to her bank statement only. I am delighted reading your comment. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
ty01:

Lol, yes I am the sponsor. My gross monthly salary is in the neighbourhood of 500k, to the glory of God and I have enough funds to cater for all us in UK for two weeks. I was only trying to ensure that we boost our chances by also including some documents from my wife. I guess I will just limit the documents to her bank statement only. I am delighted reading your comment. Thank you
She is not even required to provide her bank statement, all she needs is a legal proof that she is your legal spouse: her birth certificate or age declaration document; marriage certificate and her post-marital passport. NOTHING more is required of her

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
Vicjustice: She is not even required to provide her bank statement, all she needs is a legal proof that she is your legal spouse: her birth certificate or age declaration document; marriage certificate and her post-marital passport. NOTHING more is required of her

wink
Many thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hello House.. @vicjustice @justwise Is there any development at the UK entry clearance in heathrow or Any recent information people traveling to the U.K this week/month should be aware of?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
tamica8: Hello House.. @vicjustice @justwise Is there any development at the UK entry clearance in heathrow or Any recent information people traveling to the U.K this week/month should be aware of?
None that i'm aware of at the moment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mandee8223: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
can i get a response pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
mandee8223: can i get a response pls?

You need to PROOVE BEYOND DOUBT that you will return.
Do you have property or something to tie you?

You want to travel with all your family to visit relatives, this just looks like someone who will abscond.
Also your refused visas to different countries make you look desparate and another refusal is likely.
If you have refusal from 3 countries you might as well tear up your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Stancima(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2013
Thank you Justwise, Vcjustice and others. I got my student visitor Visa last week by following the guidelines you guys have laid out here. You are doing a great Job and God will continually enlarge your coast. Thanks a million.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2013
Stancima: Thank you Justwise, Vcjustice and others. I got my student visitor Visa last week by following the guidelines you guys have laid out here. You are doing a great Job and God will continually enlarge your coast. Thanks a million.

Congratulations.

I'm happy for you.

You can drop a line here https://www.nairaland.com/999695/share-testimony-here to encourage others who want to do it themselves.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hi guys.im new here.. Pls I need your help. Its about uk tier 4 student visa.i have paid my full school fees and I had my maintenance fee in my dads account. I just applied on Wednesday. And I found out my dad has touched the money. I want to know if the embassy calls the bank to ask how much is on the account or they just verify the authenticity of the account. Pls reply me guys. Thanks x @justwise @Vicjustice smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2013
shakarababie: Hi guys.im new here.. Pls I need your help. Its about uk tier 4 student visa.i have paid my full school fees and I had my maintenance fee in my dads account. I just applied on Wednesday. And I found out my dad has touched the money. I want to know if the embassy calls the bank to ask how much is on the account or they just verify the authenticity of the account. Pls reply me guys. Thanks x @justwise @Vicjustice smiley
It is not compulsory for the embassy to contact the bank especially if they have nothing to worry about, but be warned that it won't look good for you if they observed or suspect that you are trying to obtain the visa by means of deception.
If I were you, I'd withdraw the application to avoid getting the 10 years ban for fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
@Vicjustice Hey thanks for your reply. It's appreciated. My dad called his bank manager and he said all the times he has been called concerning student visa bank statements. They just verify the authenticity of the account and the consent of the account holder for his/her account to be used by whoever submitted the application. So fingers crossed. I just feel they might not have to call. Cause I've paid my full tuition fees (my course is for 2 yrs) and I've paid for the two years. Thank you xx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Vicjustice: It is not compulsory for the embassy to contact the bank especially if they have nothing to worry about, but be warned that it won't look good for you if they observed or suspect that you are trying to obtain the visa by means of deception.
If I were you, I'd withdraw the application to avoid getting the 10 years ban for fraud.

I doubt withdrawal is necessary unless she submitted fake documents. Most times what embassies check with Bank is the originality of the Bank's statement not the figure in the account. Don't forget the Bank also have the obligations of not disclosing their customers details to a third party unless authorized. Technically, submitting your statement does not give the embassy the right to know your balance but to confirm if the Bank is the issuer of the statement.

If i were the lady, i will await their decision. Having paid her full school fees count seriously in her favor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.