Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,939 members, 7,942,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995054 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by santa101: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
please i need link to fill general visitors form online for uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Please house my friend reapplied after being denied and Taking to the correction given here but its over 2 weeks and the status is still application is still in process and the course we are going for starts on the 8th of April wat do we do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
santa101: please i need link to fill general visitors form online for uk

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/?langname=UK%20English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
oriste: Please house my friend reapplied after being denied and Taking to the correction given here but its over 2 weeks and the status is still application is still in process and the course we are going for starts on the 8th of April wat do we do

Have you emailed or called the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
No and please how do i get the email and phone nos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
oriste: No and please how do i get the email and phone nos.

Lagos contact details:

Phone:
(00234) (0) 1 277 0780/0781/0782

Abuja: 09 462 2200

PPAInformation.abuja@fco.gov.uk

abuja.visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gabrielG: 12:17am On Apr 03, 2013
Justwise Justwise Justwise! How many times did i call you? grin grin grin This forum should make you an administrator if that has not been done yet. In July 2010 when i was trying to get my Student Visa to the UK, this forum helped me alot, with great advice from the likes of Justwise. It's 2013 and i am graduating in 3 months time, with an opportunity to bring my parents over for my graduation ceremony, i am back again to seek advice, only to find Justwise here! This is just amazing that some Nigerians can till be very willing to assist people without seeking anything in return! You are a proper example. Just keep up the good work Justwise!

grin grin grin By the way, any advise on basic requirements from both my parents and I for a General Visitor's visa for my Graduation ceremony? grin grin grin grin

justwise:

Lagos contact details:

Phone:
(00234) (0) 1 277 0780/0781/0782

Abuja: 09 462 2200

PPAInformation.abuja@fco.gov.uk

abuja.visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tkaylove: 1:43am On Apr 03, 2013
Please I need anyone with a valid response to this post. May GOD Bless U all. My Question is: Is Ireland(Republic Of Ireland) Linked to Uk in anyway when granting of Visa to the Uk or to Ireland. Do They work hand in hand? Let's say Someone whose Visa had been revoked in Ireland due to Insufficient funds makes an appeal of the decision but hasn't gotten back any response then decided to apply for a Uk visa in the meantime. Do U suppose the Uk Visa would be granted on the basis of the Ireland Visa initially granted and revoked and still awaiting a final decision? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:30am On Apr 03, 2013
tkaylove: Please I need anyone with a valid response to this post. May GOD Bless U all. My Question is: Is Ireland(Republic Of Ireland) Linked to Uk in anyway when granting of Visa to the Uk or to Ireland. Do They work hand in hand? Let's say Someone whose Visa had been revoked in Ireland due to Insufficient funds makes an appeal of the decision but hasn't gotten back any response then decided to apply for a Uk visa in the meantime. Do U suppose the Uk Visa would be granted on the basis of the Ireland Visa initially granted and revoked and still awaiting a final decision? Thanks
Yes, the republic of Ireland and the UK now share same immigration database.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnT5aq0vx_Y
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:16am On Apr 03, 2013
gabrielG: Justwise Justwise Justwise! How many times did i call you? grin grin grin This forum should make you an administrator if that has not been done yet. In July 2010 when i was trying to get my Student Visa to the UK, this forum helped me alot, with great advice from the likes of Justwise. It's 2013 and i am graduating in 3 months time, with an opportunity to bring my parents over for my graduation ceremony, i am back again to seek advice, only to find Justwise here! This is just amazing that some Nigerians can till be very willing to assist people without seeking anything in return! You are a proper example. Just keep up the good work Justwise!

grin grin grin By the way, any advise on basic requirements from both my parents and I for a General Visitor's visa for my Graduation ceremony? grin grin grin grin

grin grin, time really fly indeed, who will be sponsoring the trip? Are your parents working?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
hmm na wa o, some people can take but can't give 2010 till 2013- not even a line or two for others seeking advice tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maryini(f): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
justwise:

Is the trip job related or part of your company's program?

its for my graduation.

but the people i am inviting do not have visas or money in their accounts and would b sponsored by my dad's company
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gabrielG: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
justwise: grin grin, time really fly indeed, who will be sponsoring the trip? Are your parents working?

Thanks for the reply Justwise, It's for my Mom and younger brother who is below 18. She is a business woman who runs a shop and will be sponsoring herself. I intend to send my Passport copy with Valid Student Visa page, Birth Certificate, Letter from my School to confirm my Graduation dates. I believe she can provide her bank statement, hotel reservations which i will make on her behalf. Please what is the current state of things? Any minimum financial obligation or specific set of documents that works?

Cheers M8 grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2013
gabrielG:

Thanks for the reply Justwise, It's for my Mom and younger brother who is below 18. She is a business woman who runs a shop and will be sponsoring herself. I intend to send my Passport copy with Valid Student Visa page, Birth Certificate, Letter from my School to confirm my Graduation dates. I believe she can provide her bank statement, hotel reservations which i will make on her behalf. Please what is the current state of things? Any minimum financial obligation or specific set of documents that works?

Cheers M8 grin
Search for "main reasons many are refused visas" and also, "a ccomprehensive list of documents required for visas" and get your answers there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gabrielG: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thank you for the those threads, they were very helpful, but none of them gave me an insight of a possible minimum financial amount requirement, as some people with both large and small account balance but met other requirements were denied. Here is my case:

Mom and Brother below 18, been invited for my Graduation, She will go with the following:
From Me:
Copy of Passport Data page and Visa copies.
Invitation for graduation with University letters (stating my academic details and 2 tickets for them as my guest in the graduation)
My Birth certificate (to prove she is my mom)
Hotel Reservation for the 2 of them
From Her:
Her Business name registration documents (Officially registered in February 2013, but has been in existence as a sole trader since 2012)
Her Saving account, with constant flow of funds since Jan 2012 (she has been using it for her business) of about 300K to 500K Naira turn over. Sometimes 800K balance sometime 250K
Company account (I have advised her to open one in her business name, and proceed with business transactions on that account from tomorrow till June when she shall do the application, this will mean she will have 2 to 3 months company account NOT 6 months)
Maybe Tax Documents if she can pay her taxes and obtain one *
Receipts and Invoice of ordered Goods since 2012 till date.
My Brothers Passport and his birth certificate (he is a minor so no other paper work for him, just birth certificate to prove it is his mom)

But on the other note, i am thinking of plan B (A bit complicated):
From Me:
Invitation for graduation with University letters (stating my academic details and 2 tickets for them as my guest in the graduation)
My Nigerian Saving bank statement, normal cash flow , Balance never gone below 1.8 Mil
My Company documents in Nigeria to prove how i get the money. NO COMPANY ACCOUNT FROM ME.
A Letter stating i intend to support her if the need be, even though she can support herself.
From Her:
Her Business name registration documents (Registered in February 2013, but has been in existence as a sole trader since 2012)
Her Saving account, with constant flow of funds since Jan 2012 (she has been using it for her business) of about 300K to 500K Naira turn over. Sometimes 800K balance sometime 250K
My Brothers Passport and his birth certificate (he is a minor so no other paper work for him, just birth certificate to prove it is his mom)

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THIS LONG POST, BUT YOU MUST HAVE READ MORE POSTS THAN ME TO UNDERSTAND BETTER, KINDLY ADVICE FOR EITHER PLAN A OR PLAN B. I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED THIS LENGTHY QUESTION IF I KNEW A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED ENOUGH FOR ONE ADULT AND A DEPENDANT WHO INTEND TO VISIT THE UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
gabrielG: Thank you for the those threads, they were very helpful, but none of them gave me an insight of a possible minimum financial amount requirement, as some people with both large and small account balance but met other requirements were denied. Here is my case:

Mom and Brother below 18, been invited for my Graduation, She will go with the following:
From Me:
From Her:
Her Business name registration documents (Officially registered in February 2013, but has been in existence as a sole trader since 2012)
Company account (I have advised her to open one in her business name, and proceed with business transactions on that account from tomorrow till June when she shall do the application, this will mean she will have 2 to 3 months company account NOT 6 months)

From Me:
My Nigerian Saving bank statement, normal cash flow , Balance never gone below 1.8 Mil
My Company documents in Nigeria to prove how i get the money. NO COMPANY ACCOUNT FROM ME.
A Letter stating i intend to support her if the need be, even though she can support herself.
From Her:
Her Business name registration documents (Registered in February 2013, but has been in existence as a sole trader since 2012)

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THIS LONG POST, BUT YOU MUST HAVE READ MORE POSTS THAN ME TO UNDERSTAND BETTER, KINDLY ADVICE FOR EITHER PLAN A OR PLAN B. I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED THIS LENGTHY QUESTION IF I KNEW A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED ENOUGH FOR ONE ADULT AND A DEPENDANT WHO INTEND TO VISIT THE UK.
Did you not find this text in the articles? "...an acceptable bank statement must have up to six months transaction records, demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip: preferably, a Savings account, Salary account or Wages account..."
By the way, if you want my opinion, I will say (to be honest) the amount of money that you mentioned here are not going anywhere to satisfy the visa officer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
gabrielG: Thank you for the those threads, they were very helpful, but none of them gave me an insight of a possible minimum financial amount requirement, as some people with both large and small account balance but met other requirements were denied. Here is my case:

From Me:
From Her:

From Me:
From Her:

Make a mini-budget of the trip, everything that the trip will cost, that will give you an idea how much your mum should have, as a business woman, she need to include her tax clearance certificate and not use her business account for the application but she need to present it along with her savings or current account.

This is in addition to what Vicjustice have told you already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
maryini:

its for my graduation.

but the people i am inviting do not have visas or money in their accounts and would b sponsored by my dad's company

Using company's account for non-company's trip is not a good idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EsTeejay: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I need your help pls. I have a fidelity bank statement to apply for my visa. But my problem is though there's date for the last transaction on d statement.On the heading of the statemen,There's no clause for available amount.They didn't state it there. That this is the so so closing balance. It's just there like. 03/04/2013 -then the amount of the last transaction. And the amount in d account.Do you guys think I should get a photocopy or I should submit like that. Cuz in the typed copy. At the heading. There's closing balance, balance,available amount. But the original. The heading is just. Account number,account name,address,account holders name,currency,account type blah blah. I need your response please @justwise @Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gabrielG: 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
@VicJustice and @Justwise Thanks alot for your amazing response i have considered all that you have said. But from my earlier post, Do you reckon Plan A or Plan B would be better off?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
gabrielG: @VicJustice and @Justwise Thanks alot for your amazing response i have considered all that you have said. But from my earlier post, Do you reckon Plan A or Plan B would be better off?
Neither plan A nor plan B is imposing, the funds that you mentioned are not good enough for a single applicant let alone for two people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EsTeejay: 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
EsTeejay: Hi everyone. I'm new here. I need your help pls. I have a fidelity bank statement to apply for my visa. But my problem is though there's date for the last transaction on d statement.On the heading of the statemen,There's no clause for available amount.They didn't state it there. That this is the so so closing balance. It's just there like. 03/04/2013 -then the amount of the last transaction. And the amount in d account.Do you guys think I should get a photocopy or I should submit like that. Cuz in the typed copy. At the heading. There's closing balance, balance,available amount. But the original. The heading is just. Account number,account name,address,account holders name,currency,account type blah blah. I need your response please @justwise @Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2013
EsTeejay: Hi everyone. I'm new here. I need your help pls. I have a fidelity bank statement to apply for my visa. But my problem is though there's date for the last transaction on d statement.On the heading of the statemen,There's no clause for available amount.They didn't state it there. That this is the so so closing balance. It's just there like. 03/04/2013 -then the amount of the last transaction. And the amount in d account.Do you guys think I should get a photocopy or I should submit like that. Cuz in the typed copy. At the heading. There's closing balance, balance,available amount. But the original. The heading is just. Account number,account name,address,account holders name,currency,account type blah blah. I need your response please @justwise @Vicjustice

I don't really understand what you are trying to say, does the bank statement show the transactions and the closing balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
I was ban in the UK for 10 years for using deception – not disclosing that I was married to a uk man that has ILR (was just a stupid mistake for my side cos I tot since have not change my name and done the news paper publication so I filled single. I got the visa for 2years which was later revoked.)

I now have a baby and wants to apply for settlement , I don’t know if the ban will affect me or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
please can any one assist me as am new on the platform grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
hello , am new on the platform and need your help please,

I was ban in the UK for 10 years for using deception – not disclosing that I was married to a uk man that has ILR (was just a stupid mistake for my side cos I tot since have not change my name and done the news paper publication so I filled single. I got the visa for 2years which was later revoked.)

I now have a baby and wants to apply for settlement , I don’t know if the ban will affect me or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
demifunke: hello , am new on the platform and need your help please,

Were you given the right to appeal the ban?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
no, i was not giving a right of appeal as my friend invited me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
demifunke: no, i was not giving a right of appeal as my friend invited me.

You want to apply for settlement visa for yourself now or for your baby? You were married to him or still married to him now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Myself and my baby(6month) wants to apply for settlement. We are still legally married.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
demifunke: Myself and my baby(6month) wants to apply for settlement. We are still legally married.

What you need to apply for is spouse visa but your husband need to meet the 18.000 plus 4000 pounds (not sure if its 4 or 2 thousand pounds additional money cos of the baby)financial requirement.

You need to be completely honest in your application form with holding back any detail, any past refusal or anything.

I guess your husband is still in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Many thanks @ justwise am very grateful, but am scared of the ukboarder not hold back to me filling single while I was married.although I have profe of the relationship sunce 2010 - mails, prof of money sent to me, skype chat, wedding certificate,pictures of my visit, wedding pic,etc. I think he earns up to that amount not very sure how its calculated. If he really work hard then we are good but if he doesn't get enough shift then I doubt if we will meet up with the finicial requirement. Then what other supporting document that I need for the application.and am sorry what do you mean by been honest and not holding back any information - I mean like what information pls? .My hubby is still live and work in the uk . Am just scare cos I had our application fee is about 500,000(myself and my baby). Also do I have to get a lawyer for the application?. Thanks so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.